Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. (4782 Views)

Untold Story Of How 21 Nigerians Made First List. / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by GBGHOSTBOY: 5:05am On Mar 01, 2008
CNN will be showing the new series of world’s untold stories in a few minutes time. The preview contains information about Nigerian ladies involves in sex trade and prostitution in Denmark and around Europe. This is appalling and sadden because our image is constantly tarnished by such news. I hope God HELPS US and restore our unique Name.
My fellow countrymen kindly speak out your thought.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by almondjoy(f): 6:01am On Mar 01, 2008
No different than what goes on in other parts of the world. Every country's gat issues. Nigeria is not special. kiss

So, I really do not get bent out of shape when I hear about Nigeria in the news. . . . . .as long as it is the truth.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by deor03(m): 6:48am On Mar 01, 2008
I think we should strive to erase all these negative image , so that they will fing it difficult to report bad thing about naija. sad
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/CNNI/Programs/untoldstories/blog/

quite shocking.

The video was hard to watch.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by oldie(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2008
Pathetic
But what do you expect from uneducated girls who think their fortunes lie outside the country
There are still uneducated poor Nigerian girls in the country who live here, work hard and still have their dignities.
People will always blame everybody apart from themselves for their misfortunes and greed!
Our values are wrong, our expectations are misplaced and our greed is indescribable.
So sad. . .
Up B E D E L l!
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by romeo(m): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2008
Nothing spoil sha!! but i am waiting for part 2 cheesy
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Islander(f): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2008
I just watched the clip and have a few questions that are still lingering. First of all, why in the name of God are mothers this eager to "gave away" their children? I was in shock as I looked at this woman, basically giving her child away to a complete stranger.

Secondly, as much as Anna complained about not wanting to live the life she has been forced into, yet on the other hand she didn't want to return to Nigeria. Well if I were in her position, I would have rather hack pure water than sell my tun tun.

Next, I am sure by now people would have been informed back in Nigeria about the reality of things. So why are these ladies still allowing themselves to be tricked into travelling abroad. Are they this naive, or stupid?

PS, Where are Na wa, Hollandis and crew?LOL
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2008
I never should have entered this thread. badlight upon naija and my birth City.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2008
Look at how smart this people are? They go into villages (where I do not think there is even television) to take these girls. Who are these Madams? angry
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2008
besides, why is there such a high demand for prostitutes in those countries, that they have to import them in such large numbers?

are the men's sex drives higher than normal? who are the men needing all these women? Are the women from their own countries unavailable for sex?

Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Mustay(m): 12:19am On Mar 02, 2008
i WONDER O1

y do men there patronise them so much tongue

sebi aids is real grin
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by 4Play(m): 12:25am On Mar 02, 2008
tpia:

besides, why is there such a high demand for prostitutes in those countries, that they have to import them in such large numbers?

are the men's sex drives higher than normal? who are the men needing all these women? Are the women from their own countries unavailable for sex?

Stop being ridiculous.The reality is that unlike Nigerian women,the women of those countries are not as eager as our girls to join the prostitution trade.Its not a demand problem,its a supply problem.

Anybody who has visited Nigeria knows you are far more likely to find a prostitute than in the West.So not only is there an "oversupply" of prostitutes in Nigeria,our women have started exporting their trade to other countries were the local women are not keen on joining the trade.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 12:49am On Mar 02, 2008
4 Play:

Stop being ridiculous.The reality is that unlike Nigerian women,the women of those countries are not as eager as our girls to join the prostitution trade.Its not a demand problem,its a supply problem.

Anybody who has visited Nigeria knows you are far more likely to find a prostitute than in the West.So not only is there an "oversupply" of prostitutes in Nigeria,our women have started exporting their trade to other countries were the local women are not keen on joining the trade.

no, I find it very difficult to believe what you're saying here.

Your explanation still does not explain why the men of those countries need to import so many women for sex. Prostitution is not specific to Nigeria alone- every country has its share of prostitutes. And if you read the article carefully, it mentions both Nigerian and eastern European prostitutes who are being trafficked to two specific countries in Europe.

There is no country in the world without prostitution. The bottom line is still money.

It looks more like a specific demand problem (like the slave trade), not necessarily a supply problem.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by 4Play(m): 12:56am On Mar 02, 2008
tpia:

Your explanation still does not explain why the men of those countries need to import so many women for sex. Prostitution is not specific to Nigeria alone- every country has its share of prostitutes. And if you read the article carefully, it mentions both Nigerian and eastern European prostitutes who are being trafficked to two specific countries in Europe.

There is no country in the world without prostitution. The bottom line is still money.

It looks more like a specific demand problem (like the slave trade), not necessarily a supply problem.

Because the local women of those countries are not so keen on prostitution.They have greater career opportunities so foreigners from poor countries have to be imported in the absence of local women.What drives women into prostitution is poverty and poor countries always have a teeming supply of prostitutes for exportation.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 1:03am On Mar 02, 2008
4 Play:

Because the local women of those countries are not so keen on prostitution.They have greater career opportunities so foreigners from poor countries have to be imported in the absence of local women.What drives women into prostitution is poverty and poor countries always have a teeming supply of prostitutes for exportation.

the question is still unanswered.

Why is there such a high demand for prostitutes in those two countries in particular. The local women may not be prostitutes ( not that every single one of them is angelic- I'm sure they got their own home grown ladies of the night too), but why are women being imported in such large numbers and for so many years, to service these men? Are their women not giving them sex AT ALL? Why is the demand for prostitutes too high to be adequately catered to by local brothels with local women. After all those arent the only countries in Europe. How are the other Europeans managing to cope with their own lack of sex from their career women?

Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 02, 2008
@ 4 play:do you believe that idont believe wt yo just posted shocked
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by 4Play(m): 1:14am On Mar 02, 2008
tpia:

Why is there such a high demand for prostitutes in those two countries in particular. The local women may not be prostitutes ( not that every single one of them is angelic- I'm sure they got their own home grown ladies of the night too), but why are women being imported in such large numbers and for so many years, to service these men? Are their women not giving them sex AT ALL? Why is the demand for prostitutes so high. After all those arent the only countries in Europe. How are the other Europeans managing to cope with their own lack of sex from their angelic women?

Stop yarning tosh.There is no evidence that demand for prostitutes is high in those countries.Many men in each nation will always demand for prostitutes,the key thing is whether there are sufficient locals prepared to enter into the trade.

Is it because CNN did a documentary of those 2 particular nations,you seem to think they have a unique problem with the importation of prostitutes? Every Western nation imports prostitutes in large numbers.To the extent that there are any differences,its down to the effectiveness or policies of the law enforcement agencies in clamping down on the issue.

If CNN does a documentary tomorrow on sex trafficking in Ireland,you will now claim that demand is very high in Ireland.

olrotimi:

@ 4 play:do you believe that idont believe wt yo just posted shocked

No believe na.Next time when you compare HIV rates in both Nigeria and the West,keep wondering why.The day you will see European prostitutes lining up streets in every major city in Nigeria,get back to me.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 02, 2008
think its safer to localise this prost. stuff to some region of nigeria and not generalise it.and yes, think ladies there prostitute them selves so the men folks have to look elsewhere
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 2:10am On Mar 02, 2008
4 Play:

Stop yarning tosh.There is no evidence that demand for prostitutes is high in those countries.Many men in each nation will always demand for prostitutes,the key thing is whether there are sufficient locals prepared to enter into the trade.

Is it because CNN did a documentary of those 2 particular nations,you seem to think they have a unique problem with the importation of prostitutes? Every Western nation imports prostitutes in large numbers.To the extent that there are any differences,its down to the effectiveness or policies of the law enforcement agencies in clamping down on the issue.

If CNN does a documentary tomorrow on sex trafficking in Ireland,you will now claim that demand is very high in Ireland.

No believe na.Next time when you compare HIV rates in both Nigeria and the West,keep wondering why.The day you will see European prostitutes lining up streets in every major city in Nigeria,get back to me.

There is no evidence you say? If that isnt yarning tosh, then I don't know what is.

The only evidence I'm not seeing is evidence that there are no "sufficient locals prepared to enter into the trade". Like there's any country in this world without its share of poor people. Na every single Italian dey rich? Keep fooling yourself.

I'm also noticing your quickness to jump on Nigerian women who find themselves victims of this trafficking. Not all the women who are trafficked in this manner go intentionally. Some do, while others don't.  And you're saying the whole thing is a fabrication by CNN because they ran a documentary about it?

If you watched the video, one woman was crying while she recounted how eight men humped her at one session, after tricking her about her services. Maybe you feel the tears were fake.

see Nigeria o.  Seeing no evidence. Any wonder we are the way we are, with our mentality.  undecided
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by romeo(m): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2008
tpia:

I'm also noticing your quickness to jump on Nigerian women who find themselves victims of this trafficking. Not all the women who are trafficked in this manner go intentionally. Some do, while others don't. And you're saying the whole thing is a fabrication by CNN because they ran a documentary about it?

If you watched the video, one woman was crying while she recounted how eight men humped her at one session, after tricking her about her services. Maybe you feel the tears were fake.

see Nigeria o. Seeing no evidence. Any wonder we are the way we are, with our mentality. undecided

Every single Nigerian lady prostituting in Europe knew what she was going to do in Europe and the amount she will pay back to her " Madam". Not only that she was aware but her family too

@demand and supply issue

There is no bigger demand of prostitutes in Europe than in Africa (Nigeria), It's all economic and the prostitutes coming from Eastern block and Nigeria are going there to reap on the economic advantage Europe can offer and not because there is high demand. There are more prostitutes in Nigeria than the whole of Europe if we calculate the number of students that engage in sex for money in Nigeria

Are you based in Europe?
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 12:46am On Mar 03, 2008
@ romeo

Every single Nigerian lady prostituting in Europe knew what she was going to do in Europe

na lie.

@ romeo

There are more prostitutes in Nigeria than the whole of Europe

name your source for this information?

Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Ibime(m): 1:00am On Mar 03, 2008
Whoever said there is not serious oversupply of Prostitutes in Naija. There is SERIOUS oversupply - thats why prices are dropping.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't ask me how I know - I just remember that Prostitutes in Naija used to be a lot richer than they are now (despite inflation).

@ Romeo -

Naija never fit do correct census - na prostitute we go fit count correctly? Trust me, if our university students are prostitutes - then we have a LOT of prostitutes. Prostitution even starts with fathers who marry their daughters to rich men.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Jakumo(m): 4:46am On Mar 03, 2008
Nigeria has exported crude oil to the West for half a century, but the same arm-chair economists who have repeatedly called for the diversification of Nigeria's economy have now abruptly switched to wagging their fingers in disdain because Nigeria has begun the large-scale export of BEAVER, a commodity almost as vital to the West as gasoline.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Ibime(m): 8:54am On Mar 03, 2008
Jakumo:

Nigeria has exported crude oil to the West for half a century, but the same arm-chair economists who have repeatedly called for the diversification of Nigeria's economy have now abruptly switched to wagging their fingers in disdain because Nigeria has begun the large-scale export of BEAVER, a commodity almost as vital to the West as gasoline.

lol - that is diversification all right. It is probably our second largest export good. However, unlike Crude Oil, the proceeds are not enjoyed by the whole country. They are mostly enjoyed by residents of Benin.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by romeo(m): 9:09am On Mar 03, 2008
tpia:

@ romeo

na lie.

@ romeo

name your source for this information?

Where is the lie about what i said? don't open your mouth when you don't have a clue

my sources are my friends here who happen to be prostitutes and it's not a secret over here how they came and what rituals were performed before they came and all that bullshit

I don't think you need a web link to know that about 80% of nite clubs in Nigeria has been hijacked by ashawos thus making every other girl in a club almost a "club girl" in the eyes of men

almost 50% or more of our hotels are home to those ashawos

a good chunk of our female university students are ashawos

Even our so called Senate is debating that embarassed embarassed embarassed

Flash money anywhere in Nigeria and you'll pack girls afterwards as take away (even in the churches)

If you're not based in Nigeria Tpia, then it's been quite a long time you came home last
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Blatant: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2008
There is no Benin girl in Europe who prostitutes and who did not know what she was going to do before she left.

They only come up with 'victim stories' when they are caught out. There is an "over-abundance" of girls in Benin clamouring for madams to take them out of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by 4Play(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2008
This is not a Benin issue.Prostitution is widespread in Nigeria.

As for the girls not knowing what they are getting into.Fundamentally,those girls know they are getting into the sex trade.They may not however appreciate how demanding-emotionally,physically,financially et al- their new employment will be until they actually start.One thing seems certain though,they do know they are going to be prostitutes.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by Blatant: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
sorry. My intention was not to try and make it a Benin issue
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by vikiviko(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
Prostitution is the oldest trade in the world.

Human traficking for illicit sex is the new thing now, but its not peculiear to Nigeria ,its a global issue.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by creamdream: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2008
nothing new under the sun
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by tpia: 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2008
romeo:

Where is the lie about what i said? don't open your mouth when you don't have a clue

my sources are my friends here who happen to be prostitutes and it's not a secret over here how they came and what rituals were performed before they came and all that bullshit

I don't think you need a web link to know that about 80% of night clubs in Nigeria has been hijacked by ashawos thus making every other girl in a club almost a "club girl" in the eyes of men

almost 50% or more of our hotels are home to those ashawos

a good chunk of our female university students are ashawos

Even our so called Senate is debating that embarassed embarassed embarassed

Flash money anywhere in Nigeria and you'll pack girls afterwards as take away (even in the churches)

If you're not based in Nigeria Tpia, then it's been quite a long time you came home last

una don come be that o.

Are you yourself based in Nigeria- or is that not Spain on your profile.

If you happen to have friends who are prostitutes, in what way does that mean every single Nigerian prostitute abroad knew they were being trafficked for prostitution. Again with the generalizations. You can't claim to know every single prostitute in Italy, Spain or wherever you are. When this trade was in its initial stages, there were many women who said they were tricked about the actual nature of their employment in Europe. And if these people are going into the remote hinterlands to scout for girls, then there's still the possibility that some of these girls may not know the exact nature of the job. Or are you saying every single girl without exception has the desire to be a prostitute.

Some go with the full knowledge of what they're getting into, while others don't.

As to night club patrons and the like- every country has them. Dont know why you consider Nigeria's own worse than others. have you ever visited the US. Anyway, flash money anywhere in the world, and a good chunk of girls will follow you home. Dont know what you're saying here.

@ Blatant:

The article didnt specifically mention Benin girls, to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. by romeo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2008
tpia:

una don come be that o.

Are you yourself based in Nigeria- or is that not Spain on your profile.

If you happen to have friends who are prostitutes, in what way does that mean every single Nigerian prostitute abroad knew they were being trafficked for prostitution. Again with the generalizations. You can't claim to know every single prostitute in Italy, Spain or wherever you are. When this trade was in its initial stages, there were many women who said they were tricked about the actual nature of their employment in Europe. And if these people are going into the remote hinterlands to scout for girls, then there's still the possibility that some of these girls may not know the exact nature of the job. Or are you saying every single girl without exception has the desire to be a prostitute.

Some go with the full knowledge of what they're getting into, while others don't.

As to night club patrons and the like- every country has them. Dont know why you consider Nigeria's own worse than others. have you ever visited the US. Anyway, flash money anywhere in the world, and a good chunk of girls will follow you home. Dont know what you're saying here.

@ Blatant:

The article didnt specifically mention Benin girls, to the best of my knowledge.

You can argue what you like about this topic but the truth still remains that every single Nigerian prostitute in Europe knew what she was going to do over there and the amount she was going to pay her Madam, Just wait for the part 2 of that CNN programme and then you'll come to know what i already know about them and their families

Such documentaries are always on the air waves here, how they go to the juju shrines and how their families openly offer them to the journalists for free. They are all into Voodoo my goshhhhh

If you tell me that almost all the clubs in New Zealand are only frequented by ashawos then i will rest my case about Nigeria having more ashis than most western countries!! but until then i am still me tongue

No need bringing that Blatant comment back because she already apologised for that

(1) (2) (Reply)

You’ll B Shocked What PMB Allegedly Did When Informd Of Biafrans Protests Yestad / EXPOSED - Corrupt Diezani Alison-madueke Fake "Cancer" Make-up To Evade arrest / Pastor Who Used Human Beings To Do Foundation In Enugu Arrested (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.