Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? (25950 Views)

Poll: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria?

GTBank: 56% (306 votes)
Zenith bank: 8% (45 votes)
First Inland Bank: 1% (7 votes)
UBA: 3% (17 votes)
Bank PHB: 2% (13 votes)
Oceanic Bank: 5% (28 votes)
Diamond Bank: 4% (25 votes)
First Bank: 3% (19 votes)
Intercontinental Bank: 12% (66 votes)
FBS Bank: 0% (0 votes)
Access Bank: 2% (11 votes)
Bank PHB: 0% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by faketan(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2008
take a look at an independent survey.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=106937
GTB ALL THE WAY
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by anietieo1: 6:47am On Mar 27, 2008
GTB full stop
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by okogasir(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2008
thank GOD ETB is not listed
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Ibky2k: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2008
I can't think of any other bank that can equate GTB in terms of customer care. Not to be biased, we all must give it to
GTB. They are professionals to the core. They are among those who charge the lowest and that is if they are not the one who charge the lowest . The only bank where unnecessary details will not be asked in terms of account opening.
The  bank where I will first experience not been embarrassed for making calls in the banking hall. Responsible and responsive customer care unit. The staff in GTB are not highminded but absolutely courteous. The management does not brag about their achievements as their professional approach to the needs of their customers speaks for all to hear.
The first (if not the only) bank where you can open a domiciliary account without any amount and without unnecessary demands. The bank where you feel a kind of special aura whenever you are there. Your self esteem is boosted by the environment and the treatment you receive. I doubt if there is any other bank in Nigeria that can compete in the capacity mentioned above. It is Guaranty Trust Bank or none else.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by vicade(m): 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2008
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]GTB is Number One
UBA is by far the worst bank in the entire universe n terms of customer relations.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by oluwdashmi(f): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2008
Apart from the fact that GTB is very customer friendly, one other thing that trigues me is the way their long queues vanish within few minutes.

The same queue that will last you 5 mins in GTB will last you 3 hrs in my once upon a time Union Bank (I am not exagerating).

I just pray that all these praises will not run into their heads.

KEEP IT UP GTBANK.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by babygirl2: 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2008
I belive is GTB cos that the bank is ok cos u can make call inside the bank unlike other bank where by onces u pick ur phone to make call u will see someone from no where, ! hey phone call is not allowed here
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Nbe: 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
One advise guys : Go get an account with GTB. There just cant be a better bank wink
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Mqttro: 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2008
gtb
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by babamutu: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2008
Its like we have alot of GTB customers here. Good! As for me,i dont  know the best cause i dont bank with all of them, , but wait a minute! i think i know the worst , it's STERLING BANK!!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. It takes 4wks to get an ATM card and another 8wks to get the PIN. Dey no send u  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Maneater1(f): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2008
GTBank is wonderful. Customer service is sweet and they are very efficient
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Danielm2(m): 11:21am On Apr 09, 2008
GAURRRRRRRRRRANTYYYYYYYY TRUUUUUUUUSSSST BAAAAAANK aaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll TTTHE WAY.ANY DOUBT WHY EVERY BODY CHOSE gtb.I Love the bank in everytyhing.Flexiblity in banking and aperfect customer care service.Kudos.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Elia(f): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2008
To me, its Oceanic Bank. Though, i will have to agree that i love GTB. I dont bank with GTB but i get to send money to my younger brother who uses GTB very often and their prompt delivery marvels me. As iam payiny it, he is cashing it and that to me a a worldclass standard.
THUMBS UP GTB
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by JideOguns(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2008
GTB. I think they are the most customer friendly bank in Nigeria
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by damola1: 1:18am On Apr 12, 2008
GTB to me is the worst bank.

They can collect money fast but to pick up money na another tory!, GTB is the worst bank I have to go to in case I need to pick up a cheaque. visit GTB Oba Akran, and damn, you will understand what it means,
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by damola1: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2008
Zenith Bank is the best bank anyday anytime.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by begood1: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2008
huh?
ETB is not even on the list, folks, where do we grade them?
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by brushparke(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
What a thread this is.
Are you asking us to choose from among all the evils, which of them we prefer?
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Emmae5: 7:06am On Apr 16, 2008
u don have to speak bad about intercontinental. have u headr about happy customer, happy bank. this is part of there policy, "to go at any length to satisfy their customer, though I work in another bank, but I will give it all Inter.

Happy Customer, Happy Bank
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Marlboro1: 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2008
UBA to me is the numero uno. With the largest branch network in Nigeria and Africa and presence in US, China and UK, it sure is my favorite. As for the fella marvelling about fund trasfer speed of GTB, you need to know it takes two to tango. The delay usually rests with the recieving bank. I have UBA NRN Dom account and have had nothing but praises for them.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by sfdaram(f): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2008
for a while now, different contributions have been coming in on this forum about which bank in nigeria is the most constomer friendly , for people that have been following the trend know that GT bank has the highest vote on this forum. This was confirmed yesterday at vanguard bankers award on AIT television where GT bank received some awards among which is the most customer friendly bank of the year.
Therefore, to everyone that have voted GT bank in house as the most constomer friendly bank in nigeria we are all right.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by mygee33(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2008
I WAS IN OBUDU CATTLE RANCH AND WHILE ON THE MOUNTAIN, CASH BECAME EXHAUSTED. WAHALA COME DEH,

I WAS STILL WONDERING ON WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO TAKE "US" HOME WHEN I WAS TOLD THAT GTB GET BRANCH FOR DIA. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL I WITHDREW SOME MONEY FROM INSIDE THE BANK, YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW ELATED I WAS!! I SWORE TO BE IN FOR LIFE. THEY DID SAVE A DYING SOUL. WHILE LEAVING ON THE SUNDAY, I STILL WITHDREW SOME CASH FROM THEIR ATM!! Who says banking cannot be taken to the next, MOUNTAIN!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by Gdyne(f): 3:47pm On May 24, 2008
Ive not done any business with GTB but Ive heard so much about them. My bank is Intercont. they are very friendly, and go to any lenght to satisfy their customers. The worst is Bank PHB, our assigned accounts officer never cared to know us, I had to change our staff salary account to Intercont.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by moyinmc: 1:23pm On May 25, 2008
GT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKIIIIIIII
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by seyibrown(f): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2008
The impression I got from using GTB and Zenith in 2006 is that the staff are pompous! I don't see myself using their services now or in the future.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jimmyjam: 1:11am On Jun 23, 2008
the top 10 banks for now are:

1 GT bank                              Best Overall
2 Zenith                                 Good at international banking
3 Bank phb (platinum habib bank)   Good Investment Banking
4 Access                                Good Vehicle leasing
5 Ecobank                             Good Debit/Credit cards
6 ETB (Equitorial trust bank)   Good Fast Service
7 Standard Chartered           Good Project/Trade Finance
8 Spring bank                        Good Website, Investment Banking
9 First City bank                    Good Finance
10 Standard Bank group (standard, stanbic and IBTC)  Good International finance               

the basis for the rankings are:

-customer friendliness
-speed of problem resolution and transactions
-use of information technology
-employee salary, pay and benefits
-management effectiveness, experience, education, knowledge and exposure
-marketing and advertising of products and services
-nice design, furniture in buildings and banking halls
-ease of credit and loans access and facility (for mortgage, cars, personal, asset acqusition, corporate/project fianance etc)
-international trade (import/export) assitance
-tax and utility bills collections
-other auxillary and saundry services such as bureau de change, vehicle rental, western  union,  airline booking, equipment leasing, hold mail, free bank email, foreign cheque clearing, financial/retirement advice etc

the worst banks are:

oceanic
diamond
union bank
intercontinental bank
uba
skyebank
afribank
unity bank
sterling bank
first inland bank
and all others not mentioned

The only thing about the older banks is that they have more branches than the newer banks.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jimmyjam: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2008
some of the banks on this list are better then others in certain areas for example the older banks are better at giving loans and credit than most of the new banks, but the new banks are better at use of IT, websites etc

whats so surprising is that the older banks over all are among the worst. how can banks that are so capitalised with the largest asset base, be so poor over all in rating where as the new banks that have less assets and less capitalisation have higher rating.

and whats also surprising is how the new banks are majority owned by the older banks for example first bank is one of the major investors behind access bank.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jimmyjam: 12:38am On Jun 30, 2008
These banks are in alliance (i.e the have agreed on this) thats why you get a good deal on one thing with one bank and another deal on another thing in another bank.

Even in terms of COT and fees they are in alliance, one bank may charge you less for certain services, while another will charge you more for that same service.

Even in terms of location they agree on where they will establish bank branches.

By now CBN through its bank supervision department should have mandated all banks to notify customers of thier current charges for all services on theri websites and in the bank branches.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jimmyjam: 12:53am On Jun 30, 2008
It would be nice to see GTB open branches in dubai, south africa, new york, hong kong etc

Also GTB needs to start responding to enquiry emails and put up a chat , so that people can chat with customer service if they want to open an account or if they have an issue, access, skye, zenith banks havs a chat so i don't see why GTB dosnt, apart from that GTB is still the best!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by DesmondO1: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2008
GTB RULES, UBA SUCKS

BANKING WITH GTB IS BANKING WITH THE BEST,THE FIRST IN TERMS OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICE DELIVERY

INTERCONTINENTAL ARE GOING CRAZY WITH UNNECESSARY CHARGES ON ACCOUNT.

GUARANTY TRUST BANK -YOU ROCK!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jimmyjam: 3:01am On Jul 06, 2008
standard is the only real true international bank with branches in dubail , south africa, russia, usa, london, china, japan, etc

neither zenith nor gtbank are truely international because thier uk websites are a sham. also zenith outsources its banking in the us. So only standard is closest to international status 2nd only to citibank.

it may be possible that standard bank, gtbank and standard chartered may merge in the near future.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? by jimmyjam: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2008
-intercontinental only cares about people who are in political or high government positions
-oceanic only does arangee/set up stealing and fake armed robbery from its own banks so they can claim insurance, NDIC money
-skye bank was set up as a corporate brothel/ashi joint for big men
- First bank "truly the last" lol,, big stong but unreliable!
- UBA they advertise alot of things but nothing works
-Bank PHB, their TV advertisements are not what you get in the branches
-Zenith , they are at the zenith of COT, fees, charges and stupidity
-Diamond,"a diamond lasts for never" lol
-Access they are too oyibo-ish!
-spring bank a cbn adopted child from a government takeover
-unity bank : lai lai, lie, lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Tries To Give People Money They Reject, Thinking It Is Ritual Money (video) / Dangote: End Of The Road For A Monopolist? By Soji Adekunmbi / CBN Writes Banks On Implementation Of Naira Re-Design Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.