Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? (11278 Views)

Nigerian Girls: Do You Exercise? / How To Exercise Your Brain To Make It Strong / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by madridsta007(m): 10:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
50 press-ups every morning (aside days I am 'waiting'). 50 in the evening at home. Go to the gym 5 times a week. I use my dumbells morning and evening, weekends.
Saturdays I do some marathon running/ jogging. That's only what I do.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by kurga(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
This question should be directed more to the nigerian female gender. Most say its stressful and you usually notice a big tommy
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Mercyu1(f): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
Joeblis: dont mind this jokers,if you wana reduce your belly then you definitetly going to step up your game in "sit ups".
My dear i know they are just joking.Imagine some1 telling me neither 2 eat nor drink for 6months and another one says i shuld stop eating bush rat...hahahahaha.......... They want 2 kill me with laughter.Thnks all d same but i have been doing "sit up" 4 a long time now and my tummy wouldnt go in very well.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by symbian03(m): 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
fukcwitme :
60 minutes of spinning Mon, Wed, and Fri
P90x Tues and Thursdays
And I try to fit in pilates here and there
I keep my workout regime interesting by having a workout buddy

male or a female? :-D
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by symbian03(m): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Anyways, I do like 5 times a week and I work out with weight. I bench-press and pull-over most of the time. I keep sundays as my off day.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
symbian03:

male or a female? :-D
Fukcwitme is female.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by symbian03(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
CFCfan:
Fukcwitme is female.

I'm aware.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by sanspiffy(m): 11:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
i work out almost everyday my rest day are always on Sundays, today was chest and triceps, leg day tomorrow i always love to look ripped and shredded. exercise is my passion my bitch my life. no pain no gain
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by lagcity(m): 1:03am On Jan 25, 2013
I try my best to get my sexercise everyday. I really get it in. wink
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by lifesabeach: 1:31am On Jan 25, 2013
One more thing I forgot to add. Yes, exercise is good but honey, if you have not been working out and somehow this forum is motivating you somewhat, PLEASE START EASY OOO! OTHERWISE, YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF. I MEAN IT!!! you don't want to pull muscles, injure nerves or get a slipped disc.

Ideally, you should consult your doctor before starting any exercise programme if it is not your usual habit.

There are people whose daily calorie intake and energy expenditure is already balanced. They have active jobs, do not drive, they think too much, they fight too much and by the time they hustle for bus before and after work, they are tired-- but not before they have get daily dose of s*ex first shocked! ...these guys may not need to exert more pressure on their bodies!! so please , depending on your lifestyle sha, take things easy.

Love ya!!

Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by gfunkera(m): 1:33am On Jan 25, 2013
I do it @ least 5 times every week. F**king no be small work !
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by tomakint: 2:43am On Jan 25, 2013
vivian chinaza:

grin grin me wey don sweep floor since dey wait. If bed no ready, we go do am for floor, no time. grin
Badt girl grin kinda like ur sense of humour and bluntness cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 25, 2013
Sit ups and crunches wont make your tummy flat.

You can't "target" weight loss to a specific area.

Work to build muscles - it helps burn fat faster - and then high intensity training like cardio workouts to burn the fat.

All of your ab work is for nothing if you don't burn the fat that's covering your muscles.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 25, 2013
Hardly
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by lolaluv1(f): 6:08am On Jan 25, 2013
sanb: Nice one gurl. Keep it going and you'll be proud of the result soon...

Thanx, dearie.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by lolaluv1(f): 6:11am On Jan 25, 2013
AjCityOne:
Its actuallly not good for you to workout 6 days in a row. You should do 2 days and take a day off then start again. Depending on what part of your body you are working with. And don't forget to do intense cardio along with whatever workout you got going on.

Hmmn. Is dancing a form of cardio?
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by lolaluv1(f): 6:20am On Jan 25, 2013
lifesabeach:

Works very well--IF YOU ARE WILLING TO COMMIT. I am very proud of my body but cannot expose my body through pics on nairaland. I'm just a private person. Give it a try but be sure to monitor your diet. Also, if you can help it, STOP EATING AFTER 7 or 8PM LATEST PLEASE!!
Do "insane abs" for your tummy. It is intense but effective. Shaun-T also has the "HIP-HOP ABS" series too. Its dance work outs that target tummy, thighs and your butt. Good luck!

Will check it out. Not interested in deflating the butt and the thighs though.
And I have a flat tummy too, it's in the genes in my family.
But I do want to whittle down the waist more to get that washboard feel. And I don't wanna do press ups because it could widen the waist, if done wrongly.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by adexsimply(m): 6:50am On Jan 25, 2013
Mercy-u:
My dear i know they are just joking.Imagine some1 telling me neither 2 eat nor drink for 6months and another one says i shuld stop eating bush rat...hahahahaha.......... They want 2 kill me with laughter.Thnks all d same but i have been doing "sit up" 4 a long time now and my tummy wouldnt go in very well.
then i recommend dancing GANGNAM STYLE..it's effective

Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by GboyegaD(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2013
lifesabeach:

Works very well--IF YOU ARE WILLING TO COMMIT. I am very proud of my body but cannot expose my body through pics on nairaland. I'm just a private person. Give it a try but be sure to monitor your diet. Also, if you can help it, STOP EATING AFTER 7 or 8PM LATEST PLEASE!!
Do "insane abs" for your tummy. It is intense but effective. Shaun-T also has the "HIP-HOP ABS" series too. Its dance work outs that target tummy, thighs and your butt. Good luck!

Which one of them am I suppose to buy as a beginner because the adverts I watched on youtube are not helping out with adequate information.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by UjSizzle(f): 7:56am On Jan 25, 2013
I confess I've been lazying around for smetym now. My workouts used to be pretty regular, but i dunno where n how to pickup again. I still make sure i take that mandatory walk tho everyday.

I could start up with my cardio, squats n crunches...so help me God.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by UjSizzle(f): 8:03am On Jan 25, 2013
Mercy-u:
sit up won't give you flat tummy if you don't work on burning fat all round. First u need to diet and build up muscles...which means no targeted exercises. Get rid of the belly fat first then try ur sit up to get ur abs.
Sit ups help tighten ur belly muscles, but u can't tighten what u can't reach can u?
Visit the daily workout thread for weight loss in this section, I'm sure u'll get great tips from Hourglass and Agbala... smiley
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 25, 2013
if you want to be cut, cardio is the only answer.

Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Flygerian1(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2013
300 push ups (not once tho. 1st start 100, 2nd 80, 3rd 80, then the last 40) err mornin. Even today.

Football trainin, monday and thursday, err week.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by darmiex(f): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2013
just came in from the gym,i go at least 4 times a week. but if i don't make it up to four times, i don't sweat it. i am just maintaining my weight and staying fit and healthy. 5ft 6inches,59kg, not bad at all.
exercise is good and i enjoy it, one of the best ways to take care of your body..

but i wonder how Lagosians get to work out.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by foluks24(f): 10:42am On Jan 25, 2013
i visit d fitness center 3 times a week
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by akpanbaba: 10:50am On Jan 25, 2013
I de shine kongo everyday and that means i de exercise my body everyday.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by blackbeau1(f): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2013
Everyday
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by fitnessmania(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
Min. 3 days a week i go to gym. Thus, i keep regular check on my fitness.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Liftme(f): 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
20 minutes of jogging everyday.... Its a good way to start one's day...
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by lifesabeach: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

Which one of them am I suppose to buy as a beginner because the adverts I watched on youtube are not helping out with adequate information.

For a beginner, the Hip hop abs will be good if you like to dance. Otherwise, the insanity series has the insane abs video in it but it is more hardcore. You will not likely get it on YouTube. You have to buy it. I ordered mine online...In Nigeria, ask fitness centers for the package.
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
*nairalanding at the gym...*
Re: How Often Do You Exercise Your Body? by Mercyu1(f): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:
sit up won't give you flat tummy if you don't work on burning fat all round. First u need to diet and build up muscles...which means no targeted exercises. Get rid of the belly fat first then try ur sit up to get ur abs.
Sit ups help tighten ur belly muscles, but u can't tighten what u can't reach can u?
Visit the daily workout thread for weight loss in this section, I'm sure u'll get great tips from Hourglass and Agbala... smiley
Pls how do i get rid of d belly fat?Also, d link 2 d daily workout thread.

How To Cure Stomach Ulcer / Help Stomach Ulcer / Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle?