Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars (39762 Views)

Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) / Yoruba Movie Stars Campaign For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Onegai(f): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
I think the highest Jim Iyke got paid was N400,00 (I was on that production). I'm quite sure none of these actors and actresses earns up to N1million. A lot of them use their popularity to get endorsements and adverts and government contracts (I'm working with a few of them now who are making side money being middleman suppliers of construction materials for their respective state governments). The younger generation (male and female) get rich lovers who bankrole their lifestyles. But their lifestyle necessitates them living above their means, sadly. If anyone sees Mercy Johnson take a bus or a yellow cab, you'll all start shouting and deriding her. So not only does she have to buy a car, but a real nice car. That's show business.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by TableLeg(m): 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
I am not surprised for a very poor and crap movie industry
Piracy and lack of quality movies are other problems
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by dgb4(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
every thing una go de call governmnt.
they actors should package themselves well joor.. They should venture into other businesses.
oga oo!
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by onatisi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
grin now i know the reason why yoruba actreses fight each other to Bleep transort union chairmen,agbero leaders and area boys leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Jesuspikin87(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Most of them are living a fake life!
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by solayemi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
vislabraye: Yoruba movie stars would definitely earn low cos of language barrier.
Actors/actresses are not paid so much. Btw people like BasketMouth are living large. Some times I wonder where the extra cash comes from.
BM must be paid heavily by Glo.
. Oga, u go skl @all? Which film basketmouth dey act? Basketmouth ko, bucketnose ni.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by mployer(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
The BIG question is 'how much do you guys spend on home videos?' U use N50 to rent film and expect d actor earn 1mil
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by ayoola2002(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
smakati: @OP, u copied dis story frm Punch newspaper......word for word, yet no acknowledgement.........plagiarism tinz
Please what is ur problem? If he copied everything from punch does that mean that we cant gain anything from it? when we u behave like human not animal?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Sike(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Na 'em sabi.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by sweetgala(m): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
SAD
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by tonym1(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
WHY LIVE THE FALSE LIFE, MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE SCRIPTS AND STORY LINE ARE RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by fkaz(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
colombiana:
Which one u dey live? Mtcheeeewww

waitin dey pain you with my comment EWU?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by pweeryambre: 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nawaooh wahala dey. But I think in nollywood, their sultry actors earns a fair pay except for most of the comedians like, mr ibu, victor osuagwu, ofiafuluagu Mbaka etc I have seen some of them in a very bad shape they can't even help it.Especially victor osuagwu and Mbaka. What they have is just the popularity.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Freiburger(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Onegai: I think the highest Jim Iyke got paid was N400,00 (I was on that production). I'm quite sure none of these actors and actresses earns up to N1million. A lot of them use their popularity to get endorsements and adverts and government contracts (I'm working with a few of them now who are making side money being middleman suppliers of construction materials for their respective state governments). The younger generation (male and female) get rich lovers who bankrole their lifestyles. But their lifestyle necessitates them living above their means, sadly. If anyone sees Mercy Johnson take a bus or a yellow cab, you'll all start shouting and deriding her. So not only does she have to buy a car, but a real nice car. That's show business.

And Nollywood is in the top 5 largiest film industry in the world, so there is a slave and master thing here, and we continue to blame our politicians, Now i can understand why some of those actors and producers are now turing to politics
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by IleIfe2(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Does Omotola act in Yoruba films?
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by coogar: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
pro01: Same applies to Nollywood in general, not just the Yoruba genre. Yet, most of the 'hardworking' females among them still manage to denge pose with "N11 Million SUV", or "multi million Naira mansion in Lekki". Life is full of mysteries, isn't it?

on point......
i have always wondered how the female actresses always seem to have a glamorous lifestyle and their male counterparts seem to be broke. a friend told me majority of those female actresses are whöres for the senators and politicians in abuja - and that is the primary purpose in the first place - a medium to showcase themselves to the willing politicians ready to spend the top dollar on them.

the females - you would always see them posing beside bison whips, huge houses and always celebrating lavish-style parties while you hardly ever hear anything going on with the male actors. it is no surprise that tonto dikeh or cossy behaves the way they do. they are only advertising their wares for the top dogs. if the motivation to be a nollywood actress is whöring then may God help that industry.....

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
No wonder the women are doing ashawo on the side to supplement their income
By limiting themselves to Yoruba,they have cut off a large population of viewers so what do they expect?
Their movies don't transcend Yorubaland let alone get into the African market
Who wants to watch movies with subtexts?
I don't
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by coogar: 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
babyosisi: No wonder the women are doing ashawo on the side to supplement their income
By limiting themselves to Yoruba,they have cut off a large population of viewers so what do they expect?

they don't limit themselves to yoruba - the tribalism in nigeria is another root cause. the yoruba actors hardly make the cut in the auditions of nollywood. the so called nollywood is controlled by the igbos(chico/zeb ejiro) and they would rather give charles okafor a role in their movies than femi brainard!
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
That applys to yoruba movies only, the English/igbo movies stars are paid way more than that.... nkem owoh(osofia)gets paid more than 1 million naira per film, thoes two short boys are also paid more than 500 thousand naira. I know this from a reliable person
N.B. this was 2-3 yrs when they where the hottest artist in town, I think they eould be paid more now
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by phapi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
for d fact dat dy earn plnty of cash,wat d helll is d ordinary nigerian concern?......
dis guys earn deair living from d supposed rich meagre populice who claim to b rich still yet dy avn't done what we understand as COPORATE sOCIAL responsibity to d public whu make life rossy for dem
Bleep nolloywood top earners and low earners
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by vision2050: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yoruba movie i watch it once in a while, because i already know how the story will end {the same old story all time}. they work below so dont expect high income
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by fehintioluwa: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
I wonder why Omotola is being listed here among the yoruba actors, She has only acted in 2 or 3 yoruba movies.
So these figures you write here, Is it based on the Wemimo movies she appeared in or i dont get
I dont think Omotola is an actress in yoruba movie industry..Its just like saying Olu Jacobs, Joke Silva, Ramsey Nouah are actors in yoruba movie industry, simply because they've featured in a couple of yoruba movies
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
danny301:

Are you just saying what you feel or you are are talking about realities, as in with evidents on ground?.... To say that Omotola takes 5 million for a role in Nigerian movie is too much an exaggeration and you know it.... Nollywood has not reached the level of any actor taking 2 million per role... And for you calling people like Mercy Johnson alaba favorite actor and people like Omoni and Doyle professionals puts ur understanding of professionalism in serious doubt..... Can you please expatiate on your criterials for grading these Actors?

I owe you no explanations! Google is always your friend. Genny was paid $25,000 for her role in ije and omotola was paid $30,000. Dp your calculations and convert the amount to naira. I know your next question would be what's the budget of ije? Well it was actually 2.5million dollars. Are you okay now?
Now I have done one of the assignment for you, now find out the following yourself;
1. How much was omotola paid for last flight to abuja?
2. How much was nse etim paid for phoneswap?
3. How much was Ramsey Nouah, Omoni oboli and funlola aofiyebi paid for the figurine?
4. How much was Funke akindele paid for Maami?

There....you got your answers.

The criteria for judging whether an actor is professional or not is pretty simple; do they act in professional productions? After that, other factors can follow. Do you really think any exposed person will rate mercy and tonto with their 'over demonstration' acting over nse and omoni? undecided you must be a joker.

I'm not surprised anyway. You are just like other average nigerians. Do you even have cinema in your city? Cos if you do, you will know crappy stuffs are not allowed at the cinema. That's why you don't know the worth of those actresses...since you don't see their movies with your regular street vendors

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
debbyblaze:

Genny also warns upto 3million. I don't know about the other actors.

Honey u are just ignorant... undecided undecided OMOTOLA is the only yoruba actress that has any prospects in the industry and she is not the highest paid actress....infact she is number six in the list of the richest atresses in Nigeria....Mercy johnson that u just dissed is worths 55m while your "Omotola" is merely clutching to a 50m (incuding all assets and royalties)...pls get ya facts ryt B4 dissin undecided

Read my last post.....
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by sanity12(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dat means d'banj fit hire all of dem b dat oooo.....just joking........
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by bababuff(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Onegai: I think the highest Jim Iyke got paid was N400,00 (I was on that production). I'm quite sure none of these actors and actresses earns up to N1million. A lot of them use their popularity to get endorsements and adverts and government contracts (I'm working with a few of them now who are making side money being middleman suppliers of construction materials for their respective state governments). The younger generation (male and female) get rich lovers who bankrole their lifestyles. But their lifestyle necessitates them living above their means, sadly. If anyone sees Mercy Johnson take a bus or a yellow cab, you'll all start shouting and deriding her. So not only does she have to buy a car, but a real nice car. That's show business.

I agree with you.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by swtcharissa(f): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Y r we pitying for them,or is it not the 2weeks shooting of films that is been done,even from there they already have work on their desk,workers in Govt offices who report T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ work every day of d week except sat n sundays get half or less than that as their pay, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ knw ur salary level live by it,
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by romanlaw(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Am not surprised at all...especially the yoruba film actor/actresses....Noticed that majority of their films are sun-standard and also....Thats why we keep hearing stories of Drug trafficfking amongst them, while the yoruba female actresses are good at sleeping with married men...........The English film actors/actresses are better off.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by omar22(m): 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
speedyboi:

For ur dreams abi? Smh.

@op.not just yoruba genre, nollywood as a whole. Actors like mercy Johnson and tonto dike earn peanuts.I can tell u they earn less than 100,000(they earn around 50k per role).

How you know those who earn high amounts is based on the kinda productions they feature in. Ie. Those who acts in cinema releases gets paid reasonably....but those alaba favourite actors...lol...I can't laugh.

Contrary to what you said, omotola earns upto 5million in a movie. That's why she's the most paid actress in nollywood. And that's why u can't just see her in any Bs productions, they can't afford her.
Genny also warns upto 3million. I don't know about the other actors.

But I know one thing for sure, all those actors that are popular (mj, tonto etc...yoruba or English or hausa) are wretched while the professional actors(omoni oboli, nse etim, ireti Doyle, funlola aofiyebi etc) are paid well. Fullstop

Omotola only earnt N5m ($25k) for her role in IJE (and Genevieve) only because that movie had sponsors backing the production.

I could remember a Nigerian actress in an interview with a UK base Nigerian radio station..... The lady said she gets around N20k to N30k a movie and she has an agent that would take his cut. Thats they do so many home movies.

Whereas I has seen where a Unilag student got almost a N1m just to do a 5 minutes amateur p*rn movie
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by chinig(m): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
ayoola2002:
Please what is ur problem? If he copied everything from punch does that mean that we cant gain anything from it? when we u behave like human not animal?
I don't think there's anything wrong acknowledging where a story i̶̲̥̅̊s gotten from,in case of future references.
Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by danny301: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
speedyboi:

I owe you no explanations! Google is always your friend. Genny was paid $25,000 for her role in ije and omotola was paid $30,000. Dp your calculations and convert the amount to naira. I know your next question would be what's the budget of ije? Well it was actually 2.5million dollars. Are you okay now?
Now I have done one of the assignment for you, now find out the following yourself;
1. How much was omotola paid for last flight to abuja?
2. How much was nse etim paid for phoneswap?
3. How much was Ramsey Nouah, Omoni oboli and funlola aofiyebi paid for the figurine?
4. How much was Funke akindele paid for Maami?

There....you got your answers.

The criteria for judging whether an actor is professional or not is pretty simple; do they act in professional productions? After that, other factors can follow. Do you really think any exposed person will rate mercy and tonto with their 'over demonstration' acting over nse and omoni? undecided you must be a joker.

I'm not surprised anyway. You are just like other average nigerians. Do you even have cinema in your city? Cos if you do, you will know crappy stuffs are not allowed at the cinema. That's why you don't know the worth of those actresses...since you don't see their movies with your regular street vendors

Guy, i asked a simple question which i feel is not out of place so why the 'bashing'? You don't know me, neither do i know you so it's absolutely arrogance for you to make any derogatory remark about me..... I would not like to trade words with you but i like you to know that humility is a trade mark of the great, so if you think am an average Nigerian and you the illustrious Nigerian, that's entirely your thought but am very sure that if we get to know ourselves better you will realize how misleading your instinct could be....

1 Like

Re: Shocking Earnings Of Yoruba Movie Stars by basty: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ask Yamiri boys in Alaba about this, Igbo kwenu!!!.

PIRACY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dj Cuppy Acquires A Brand New Specially Built Rolls Royce (Photos) / Five Star Music Boss, E-money Takes Children On A Shopping Spree....photos / Banky W And Adesua Etomi Kiss At Their White Wedding In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.