Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? (16190 Views)

Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo) / Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amechi Dancing To Davido's "Aye" At APC Lagos Mega / LAGOS MEGA RALLY: Jonathan Stalled $1.354bn Lekki Deep Sea Port - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
@teskyg
1. By all means you do not in any way belong to the category of people advised to return to their villages. Let's stop twisting the facts.
2. That you work in a Telecoms firm confirms the fact that you pay tax, and I want to believe that your company pays your settlement in Lagos, hence you have a basic accomodation. How does that qualify you as part of the people required to return to your village. Has anybody harrassed you on the streets of Lagos that you should return to your village......but that's beside the point.
3. Please there is no bad-belle in this issue. Lagos evolved as a commercial nerve center, by a combination of factors - former Capital, convergence and accessibility of its ports, the nature, culture and economy of the people, safety and security and the serene business climate. Match that with the innovativeness of those that have led Lagos.... Despite the fact that the Capital was relocated to Abuja, all major Federal ministries and parastals etc has that affected Lagos in anyway? Oil companies that left Lagos for PH and then Abuja are re-establishing their Lagos office (Shell, Total) not to talk of Mobil and Cheveron that refused to leave. A city is as boistrous and viable as it is envisioned to be.

4. Let's make something clear. Who are the people Fashola advised to return back to their hometown

a. A typical Olapade lands in Lagos, no relation, no association, no means of livelihood, nothing. He drops at Ojota, goes into the garrage to beg for food, place of shelter etc. Likely becomes "agbero", sleeps under the bridge or in shantees at Kuramo, Makoko, Akanimado (that was pulled down 3years ago) etc Fast forward 3-5years later his condition has not improved, he takes to other vices like joining street urchins and end up as petty thief or armed robber....
b. An Adamu, Haruna and Zainaba are picked from the streets of Kano, Zamfara and Nasarawa by an agent who promised them better life in Lagos. Drops them at Kano street in Ebute Metta. All they are expected to do is to beg for alms. They then return the agent's cut to him on daily basis. Lagos State government actually estimates that an average begger on the streets grosses in excess of 3,500 per day (that is like 42,000 a month).
c. Any of the A and B above impregnates or get impregnated. The child is born in the streets. The child is left off at age 3 to fend for himself. The child hit the street begging and stealing.
d. A, B and C and more grows into a substantial population. Then some people come to cry that Lagos State government is not taking care of the "poor"

For me the reality is that there is a difference between the poor and those that have on their own volition turn themselves into liabilities. The society will cannot abhor vaccum and will always self correct. It will be difficult for government to provide social services in Nigeria for many of these people. May be when we become more developed i.e. everybody has a social security identity, fraud is removed from the national/state census figures, the economy improves, the SME sector of the economy is fully matured and much more.

teskyg: Fashola is a good guy.He is doing a great job but we need a human face to be able to carry on the good work.I see a lot of comments from here asking people to go back to their villages if they find Lagos less attractive anymore.I worked in a Telecom firm and have to be base in Lagos cos this is where our head office is.There are a lot of people too who are in my position.A fiat decision by Government for all Banks,Telecoms,Embassy and other organisation to move their headoffices to Abuja will end the charade called Lagos.We just seen recently with the relocation of LNG to porthacout.
I will also like to point out that its wrong for people to advocate for settlement for displaced people especially those trading and leaving in Illegal areas.
You don't expect Fashola to settle an Aboki who turn the street to chicken market after relocation from his village in Sokoto to Lagos without following the laid down process of legally acquiring a business premises to do his business.

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
1. It is the inability of you guys to use your God given brains that is the problem
2. That a University is self sustaining does not mean they will make all their income from tuition haba! This is pretty standard
3. What is wrong with private sector part-funding aspects of the university? Was there not supposed to be a synergy between the academia and private sector in the first place? why do the private sector sponsor huge researches or hold professorial chairs or massively support academic foundations in the first place
4. What you guys fail to realise is that for the university to fulfil it's share of the development of this eco-system, it needs to leave the doldrums of the wanton neglect and the huge joke some of our universities are presently at. It may interest you that no Nigerian university make the top 400-500 in the world, what do we have then. What impact has our university made in our local economy beyond some scanty media blitz, that dies almost on arrival. In Europe and the States, the drug industry competes with IT and Oil and gas, yet in Nigeria, we have not gone beyond basic analgesic and oitments.... do the math, which one will be more beneficial, a LASU that will be qualitative, attract necessary support interm of investment, research and international clout, turn out product that will impact the local community or the current LASU that was struggling for funding to even sustain it's Laboratory. In 1997/98 there was protest in the Engineering Faculty; it was saddening that students in the Electronics & Computer Engineering department in the final year had not even seen a computer, yet lots of the computers that was facilitated by Late Prof. Agbalajobi and UN donor agencies were either not enough or outlived their usefulness. In Science Faculty in 1998 we led a protest and even invited the LTV and I think AIT, when our science lab were worse than we met it. Are these what is important just because we want the children of the "poor" to go to school I keep saying it, University Education is not for everybody.......

thoth:
Usually at first the goverment removes it assistance from it and after a year or two the whole media will be crying everyday that LASU needs investment from the private sector or else it would close down, the media would be repeating all this whether it is true or false, then the buyers who has been waiting all along would just come and invest to save the school.
They would never explain to you that private investment to save the school means Privatising the school.
They would never bring up the option of goverment assistance since nobody wants that and if it was brought up they would tell you that the school is now independent and self sustaining as if that makes sense.
When people put more pressure for government support they will bring up the arguement that goverment can not manage the school to bring out its maximum potential, goverment is corrupt,government is lazy, government is complacent etc and what the school really needs are private investors who would run the school very well and make the school make more profit.
The masses are ignorant and they usually accept these explanations.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by sucess001(m): 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
mapet: 1. It is the inability of you guys to use your God given brains that is the problem
2. That a University is self sustaining does not mean they will make all their income from tuition haba! This is pretty standard
3. What is wrong with private sector part-funding aspects of the university? Was there not supposed to be a synergy between the academia and private sector in the first place? why do the private sector sponsor huge researches or hold professorial chairs or massively support academic foundations in the first place
4. What you guys fail to realise is that for the university to fulfil it's share of the development of this eco-system, it needs to leave the doldrums of the wanton neglect and the huge joke some of our universities are presently at. It may interest you that no Nigerian university make the top 400-500 in the world, what do we have then. What impact has our university made in our local economy beyond some scanty media blitz, that dies almost on arrival. In Europe and the States, the drug industry competes with IT and Oil and gas, yet in Nigeria, we have not gone beyond basic analgesic and oitments.... do the math, which one will be more beneficial, a LASU that will be qualitative, attract necessary support interm of investment, research and international clout, turn out product that will impact the local community or the current LASU that was struggling for funding to even sustain it's Laboratory. In 1997/98 there was protest in the Engineering Faculty; it was saddening that students in the Electronics & Computer Engineering department in the final year had not even seen a computer, yet lots of the computers that was facilitated by Late Prof. Agbalajobi and UN donor agencies were either not enough or outlived their usefulness. In Science Faculty in 1998 we led a protest and even invited the LTV and I think AIT, when our science lab were worse than we met it. Are these what is important just because we want the children of the "poor" to go to school I keep saying it, University Education is not for everybody.......

With all due respect to you...u re a dunce!

You went tru schl...paid low fees and now advocate dt univ. Education shd be for some select few?

U re truly a product of a failed system.

I paid low fees tru school...am sure I wouldn't have been able to afford d fees fashola wants lasu students to pay. So I tank God I had saner government officials while I was in school.

Are lasu graduates not working in multinational companies? Is d education dat bad? U increade quality by reducing quantity? Funny....

Fashola enjoyed low school fees...now he wants to deny others. May God repay him and you in d same coin.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Goodlucktaiwo(m): 7:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by larride(m): 8:42am On Jan 24, 2013
thoth:
building roads and free drugs does not make any sense when the people who will be using it have been driven out of the state.
I really doubt you free drugs story, i knew somebody that died at LUTH on 27th Dec and the next story is how to settle the huge hospital bill. I don't know about the public schools and i still doubt that too and will make my enquiries.
As for the road wait till they start making gardens and sidewalk and we will see how many of the low income earners will still be in those areas.
The rail project was a huge scam, a project that was initiated to steal public funds with. My friends(foreigners) brought the news to me and they make fun of the black africans for a long time it was so painful.
How can a grown up man go and buy an extremely OLD AND DECOMMISSIONED train at 148% percent the price of a new modern tech train ? Please tell me. HOW CAN A GROWN MAN DO THAT ? Please don't rile me up this afternoon. Thieves!!

Come on, you can do better than that. Don't disappoint me. So when building roads and free drugs doesn't make sense, what does? I'm a product of the LAGS public school and so are a lot of people, if you don't have the fact of what you are talking about, don't talk trash. So the rail-project is a scam, that's wonderful, please I'm waiting for those scanned copy from your friends, don't forget that we already know that the project is PPP agreement. So I'm waiting. Don't disappoint, I know you have a pattern of not responding to some quote that you don't have answers too, if you hate Gov. Fash so much, why don't wait till 2015 and vote ACN out and vote in PDP or any other party or better still go join a political party or form one yourself and contest for Governorship position.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
larride:

Come on, you can do better than that. Don't disappoint me. So when building roads and free drugs doesn't make sense, what does? I'm a product of the LAGS public school and so are a lot of people, if you don't have the fact of what you are talking about, don't talk trash. So the rail-project is a scam, that's wonderful, please I'm waiting for those scanned copy from your friends, don't forget that we already know that the project is PPP agreement. So I'm waiting. Don't disappoint, I know you have a pattern of not responding to some quote that you don't have answers too, if you hate Gov. Fash so much, why don't wait till 2015 and vote ACN out and vote in PDP or any other party or better still go join a political party or form one yourself and contest for Governorship position.
Don't quote me out of context, if building roads and free drugs means driving people into hardship and misery then what is the logical advantage of building it ?
You are a product of free public schools and that is good, how many families could stay around and attend that free education after passing through Fasholas draconian and inhumane policies ? How many years under Fashola did you attend it ? If none then your claim does not stand at all. If only those that "DESERVES LAGOS" which synonymous with high income earners have to attend free schools then what exactly is the purpose of making it free where it is exclusively for people who can already afford it and denied to people who can't ?
On the Concession Agreement i have not been able to fulfil my promise but my friend is currently trying his best and i hope he succeeds. One characteristic of such exploitative/dirty agreements is the non-disclosure part same as most times the public are informed that the state/nation borrowed money but the CONDITIONS on which the money is borrowed is non-disclosable.
I don't hate Fashola and i wonder what makes you think so. He is just a specimen used in our analysis of a re-occuring problem across the continent. The locality of his case made it more attractive.
A bad and dangerous notion widely held by the African man is that nobody can criticize for criticism sake(which is pointing out the wrong ends) but that critics only use criticism as a means/wagon to convey their hatred for the targets political party,tribe,state,nation or religion. Our enemies,quite aware of this flaw in our intelligence(or lack of it) alway build their divisive tactics with that in mind.
In all i still have not had any logical reason that supports Fasholas policies or the likes. Your post above can be summed in a line"you are wrong and you hate fashola" that does not provide us with points or reason to accept those policies nor does it educate us in any way.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 3:51am On Jan 25, 2013
Then go back to your villge if you have any problem with lagidi tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Roseart: 3:53am On Jan 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:
Then go back to your villge if you have any problem with lagidi tongue

Village wink
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 4:06am On Jan 25, 2013
Roseart:

Village wink

Fast typist smiley

Where is your own village? wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Roseart: 4:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:

Fast typist smiley

Where is your own village? wink

The best damn village on the planet. America cool
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 4:37am On Jan 25, 2013
Roseart:

The best damn village on the planet. America cool

Not where you reside. Me self no dey stay my village(Lagos) grin

I mean your thick bushy village where you migrated from wink
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Roseart: 4:45am On Jan 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:

Not where you reside. Me self no dey stay my village(Lagos) grin

I mean your thick bushy village where you migrated from wink

The village of NYC. Brooklyn is as village as they come cheesy

See our Danfo:
[img]http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/images/busmain.jpg[/img]

Our beggars:
[img]http://3.bp..com/_PTOe_g6VveE/S8fvXC5RdKI/AAAAAAAABTA/ospJ0_CShww/s1600/beggar.jpg[/img]

Our Fashola:

Our Third Mainland bridge:
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 5:23am On Jan 25, 2013
^^^^
Na lie tongue
You have forgoten your village for NY, no matter where I reside, travel, live, I ain't never gonna forget my wonderful village, do the same.
Caucsians can chase anyone out of their city at any damn time, where are you gonna head to? grin

Here is my village, and don't try to post any disgusting picture because all cities have theirs wink
No comparism o

Visit www.ekoatlantic.com
You should also post pictures of your real village wink grin

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by luvinhubby(m): 6:04am On Jan 25, 2013
It's difficult to understand how depriving a large percentage of your populace asses to tertiary education in the only university owned by the state commendable. I pray for Fashola as my governor, but on the LASU issue, he got it all wrong.
What is the huge tax gotten from individuals & coporate bodies used for if you cannot fund a school built by your predeccesors.
Education is subsidiced even in poorer states and countries.
This idea of tuition driven institution is an abdication of responsibility which equivalent to failure.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 7:58am On Jan 25, 2013
I'm not sure where to place you; despicable insect. I thought you will come with an arguement worth its salt and not something this stupid.

1. So to you because we paid low fees in the 80s and 90s, it will continue despite economic conditions and reality dictating otherwise? Your dull brain cannot process that even what 5naira could 500 may not buy today?
2. Are graduates of LASU working in multinational may be, but is "working in a multination the only objective an educational institution is supposed to fulfil" Even the CBN governor once lamented that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. Are we going to be using the state of a priviledge few or reflect the totality But for me, what you dull brain fail to get is University Education is not an absolute, neither is it the peak of success. We make it sound as if some people's lives are ended because they never made it to the university. We send in a crowd into a delabidated educational system, these people are subjected to the wrong side of what a true university education is supposed to be, we churn out multitude of graduates. These now join the abysmall numbers on the street in the rat race. They will not be able to stand the test of time.
3. While you're still at your "pay low school fees crusade", dummy, the world has moved on. I wonder what's the attraction where employers are now travel overseas to host career fairs and recruit graduands of foreign schools (US, UK, France etc), mind you these are fresh grads and virtually no experience. In the 90s, employers come to conduct interviews in Nigerian Universities and outstanding students are penned down for employment even before they graduate.
4. For me if we want to have a sound and qualitative educational system, then we have to pay the price.
5. Finally before God will repay Fashola and myself in our own coin, ask yourself some salient questions. Who in this corporate Nigeria can hold and sustain his present job based on your 1st degree certificate alone? How much did it cost us to write some of the professional exams? How much did it cost us to hold a quality Masters or MBA? So the notion of low fees will not get us anywhere as those that have sought value had paid the price
sucess001:

With all due respect to you...u re a dunce!

You went tru schl...paid low fees and now advocate dt univ. Education shd be for some select few?

U re truly a product of a failed system.

I paid low fees tru school...am sure I wouldn't have been able to afford d fees fashola wants lasu students to pay. So I tank God I had saner government officials while I was in school.

Are lasu graduates not working in multinational companies? Is d education dat bad? U increade quality by reducing quantity? Funny....

Fashola enjoyed low school fees...now he wants to deny others. May God repay him and you in d same coin.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by sucess001(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2013
mapet: I'm not sure where to place you; despicable insect. I thought you will come with an arguement worth its salt and not something this stupid.

1. So to you because we paid low fees in the 80s and 90s, it will continue despite economic conditions and reality dictating otherwise? Your dull brain cannot process that even what 5naira could 500 may not buy today?
2. Are graduates of LASU working in multinational may be, but is "working in a multination the only objective an educational institution is supposed to fulfil" Even the CBN governor once lamented that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. Are we going to be using the state of a priviledge few or reflect the totality But for me, what you dull brain fail to get is University Education is not an absolute, neither is it the peak of success. We make it sound as if some people's lives are ended because they never made it to the university. We send in a crowd into a delabidated educational system, these people are subjected to the wrong side of what a true university education is supposed to be, we churn out multitude of graduates. These now join the abysmall numbers on the street in the rat race. They will not be able to stand the test of time.
3. While you're still at your "pay low school fees crusade", dummy, the world has moved on. I wonder what's the attraction where employers are now travel overseas to host career fairs and recruit graduands of foreign schools (US, UK, France etc), mind you these are fresh grads and virtually no experience. In the 90s, employers come to conduct interviews in Nigerian Universities and outstanding students are penned down for employment even before they graduate.
4. For me if we want to have a sound and qualitative educational system, then we have to pay the price.
5. Finally before God will repay Fashola and myself in our own coin, ask yourself some salient questions. Who in this corporate Nigeria can hold and sustain his present job based on your 1st degree certificate alone? How much did it cost us to write some of the professional exams? How much did it cost us to hold a quality Masters or MBA? So the notion of low fees will not get us anywhere as those that have sought value had paid the price

I can only conclude you are trying to weave an argument beyond your intellectual aptitude. let me tackle your arguments ad seriatim.

1. Your brain assumed that i schooled in he 80s or 90s. i didnt. i schooled between 2000 and 2006. i schooled in UI where my tution fee was 90naira till 2001 wen we had to start paying 10,000 for hostel fees. your brain also failed to calculatethat sincle inflatin had set in for government expenses, same inflation has affected the taxes they collect. perhaps ur brain cant tell you that the money the government generated back then has also increased. lemme break it down for u since your brain processor is outdated...the increase in "economic conditions and reality" has also affected how much the state generates in revenue. its a cycle.

2. mumu. wat then is the purpose of univ education if not to feed the economic workforce of a nation? if itfeeds it, what then is the problem? whoever told you that sanusi is the judge of the quality of nigerian graduates? Has he become the minister of education? this same sanusi that graduated from ABU? is he also not 'unemployable'? is your brain also aware that Nigerian graduates perform best in the foreign schools they go?

3. am not sure you are gainfully employed. cos if you are, you will know that Nigerian graduates are recruited as equal as foreign graduates. indeed, te best Nigherian technocrats have their first degrees here. goole the educ background of any!

you dull o bros. go and do a survey of te workforce in Nigeria and i guarantee you that no less than 95% are nigerian graduates. does that mean our companies are doing poorly thn their foreign counterparts? mumu. try fashion a more sensible argument for your oga.

4. pay the price you say? why dont your governor also pay the minium wage to its workers comparable with that of the other countries you have mentioned? Bigot!

5. i have an LLB, a first degree and i ve held on to my job for 6 yrs in the hottest dept of one of the biggest companies not just in Nigeria...in Africa! so sit down oga...this is me, the same guy who paid 90 naira school fees in 2000-2005. and i dont have to tell you how mny of my friends work as expatriatsin schlumberger and others multinationals. we all paid N90! Thank God we had a sane Federal Government. thats why Fashola must never be president. go tell your boss he has lost all credibility with lagosians. oponu.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
sucess001:

I can only conclude you are trying to weave an argument beyond your intellectual aptitude. let me tackle your arguments ad seriatim.

1. Your brain assumed that i schooled in he 80s or 90s. i didnt. i schooled between 2000 and 2006. i schooled in UI where my tution fee was 90naira till 2001 wen we had to start paying 10,000 for hostel fees. your brain also failed to calculatethat sincle inflatin had set in for government expenses, same inflation has affected the taxes they collect. perhaps ur brain cant tell you that the money the government generated back then has also increased. lemme break it down for u since your brain processor is outdated...the increase in "economic conditions and reality" has also affected how much the state generates in revenue. its a cycle.

2. mumu. wat then is the purpose of univ education if not to feed the economic workforce of a nation? if itfeeds it, what then is the problem? whoever told you that sanusi is the judge of the quality of nigerian graduates? Has he become the minister of education? this same sanusi that graduated from ABU? is he also not 'unemployable'? is your brain also aware that Nigerian graduates perform best in the foreign schools they go?

3. am not sure you are gainfully employed. cos if you are, you will know that Nigerian graduates are recruited as equal as foreign graduates. indeed, te best Nigherian technocrats have their first degrees here. goole the educ background of any!

you dull o bros. go and do a survey of te workforce in Nigeria and i guarantee you that no less than 95% are nigerian graduates. does that mean our companies are doing poorly thn their foreign counterparts? mumu. try fashion a more sensible argument for your oga.

4. pay the price you say? why dont your governor also pay the minium wage to its workers comparable with that of the other countries you have mentioned? Bigot!

5. i have an LLB, a first degree and i ve held on to my job for 6 yrs in the hottest dept of one of the biggest companies not just in Nigeria...in Africa! so sit down oga...this is me, the same guy who paid 90 naira school fees in 2000-2005. and i dont have to tell you how mny of my friends work as expatriatsin schlumberger and others multinationals. we all paid N90! Thank God we had a sane Federal Government. thats why Fashola must never be president. go tell your boss he has lost all credibility with lagosians. oponu.

thanks bro, the guy does not even know that in countries like Germany Sweden and some other european countries that education is absolutely free, from kindergaten to university.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Roseart: 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:
^^^^
Na lie tongue
You have forgoten your village for NY, no matter where I reside, travel, live, I ain't never gonna forget my wonderful village, do the same.
Caucsians can chase anyone out of their city at any damn time, where are you gonna head to? grin

Here is my village, and don't try to post any disgusting picture because all cities have theirs wink
No comparism o

Visit www.ekoatlantic.com
You should also post pictures of your real village wink grin

Lol you think everyone in this place is born in Nigeria. Not my fault that I was born in America cheesy chase me out where? If you like I can get you pictures of Greenwich village lol.

Lol the sad thing is that your village is not even worth writing home about lol. Am I supposed to be impressed? Of all the photos that was the best you could find. Real 3rd world things. Rio and Bangkok here I come.

Lol furthermore how do I know you are from Lagos. Because you say so? Even though you were born under one zinc mud brick house in Ogun?

Is Nigeria not white man's country, Lagos not a white man's name, Lekki VI which Yoruba is that cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

. / 700 Boko Haram Insurgents Surrender In Borno State - Lt. Gen. Buratai / I Will Publicly Publish My Salary And Allowances As A Legislator- Banky W Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.