Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 (3355 Views)

APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano / Nigeria Total Debt Of 3.01 Billion Dollars Fashola Lagos Owe 1.02billion 160 / No More Multiple Taxation In Fashola's Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by kaze4blues(m): 5:19am On Jan 20, 2013
Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance in 2012
20 Jan 2013
Font Size: a / A

Babatunde Fashola

Against all economic challenges of the year 2012, the Lagos State Government , weekend, announced a full year budget performance of 89 percent for the 2012 Budget, the highest since the inception of the present administration in 2007.

The state governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN),  announced this while speaking with newsmen after the first  session of the three-day Executive Council/Permanent Secretaries retreat being held at the Orchid Hotels and Events Centre, Lekki with the theme, ‘’Enhancing Effective and Efficient Service Delivery in Lagos State.’’

Expressing the readiness of his team to perform even better in the 2013 budget year,  Fashola, however, appealed for voluntary payment of tax by all taxable citizens of the state,  saying it is the only tool with which government can work effectively.

“It is no longer the capacity to perform. We have demonstrated that the more money we have the more performance of the budget and the more impact it will make on the lives of our people. So this is just an appeal now for people to voluntarily pay their taxes. That is the tool of government. If you give us the tool, we will deliver”,  Fashola said.

Fielding questions from journalists on the retreat which focused on the review of the implementation of decisions taken by the body in the last retreat among other topics, Fashola, who said the improvement was the fulfillment of the promise he made during the third budget review to do better in the fourth quarter, attributed the increase in performance to availability of resources and hard work.

“You’ll recall that at the third quarter briefing, I indicated that we had a quarterly performance of 65 percent, that was down from the second quarter of 84 percent and I promised that we were going to work harder in the fourth quarter. I believe we have done just that.
“Standing on its own, we have achieved a 143 percent performance in the fourth quarter”, the governor said,  adding, “So, what we have cumulatively as performance for the 2012 is a budget performance of 89 percent, the highest we have ever done since we started in 2007”.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-lagos-attained-89-budget-performance-in-2012/136934/

Eko o ni baje lai lai

Nice one from d visionary nd best governor of our time.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by geeez: 6:02am On Jan 20, 2013
Only Lagos can and this shows a progressive government that fulfills its promises and sticks to its plan

Eko o ni baje

Yorubaland ma te si waju

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by GARRIx7(m): 7:41am On Jan 20, 2013
Isn't it obvious why the anti-Fashola campaign is increasing in intensity..

He's about the most capable administrator in Nigeria!!!

Nice One, more strength to you!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by FreeGlobe(f): 7:53am On Jan 20, 2013
Another day another Fashola gaffe. You can tell that to the marines or your ACN minions. Fashola is ill educated. Always opening his mouth to say what he can't back up with facts. somebody get this man a publicist. Am tired of a governor talking like an illiterate. where did he get the 89% budget performance figure from? is it from Tinubu's account? where are the government owned projects from the Capital expenditure? Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2013
Impressive.
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by EkoIle1: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

Which your tracking? On which excel sheet or which software do you use? What information do you have? Do you even know what budget tracking means? This is the height of idiotism and retardation. Someone that cant put his life on track or manage a hundred thousand bucks wants to measure the performance of a multibillion Naira budget. Better go track your non-performing heebo governors and stop taking antiretrovirals for the Yoruba man's HIV.

Obviously, he runs his mouth just to get attention.
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by Walexz02(m): 8:22am On Jan 20, 2013
@ Eko ile and geez: just help them upload some pictures of completed and ongoing projects in lagos, that i tink should be enough..... Dont argue with fooOls,they may beat you down to their level with ther foOolish experience.
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by EkoIle1: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2013
Walexz02: @ Eko ile and geez: just help them upload some pictures of completed and ongoing projects in lagos, that i tink should be enough..... Dont argue with fooOls,they may beat you down to their level with ther foOolish experience.

You are very right..
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by FreeGlobe(f): 8:24am On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

Which your tracking? On which excel sheet or which software do you use? What information do you have? Do you even know what budget tracking means? This is the height of idiotism and retardation. Someone that cant put his life on track or manage a hundred thousand bucks wants to measure the performance of a multibillion Naira budget. Better go track your non-performing heebo governors and stop taking antiretrovirals for the Yoruba man's HIV.
I don't need to track my 'non-performing heebo governors' because they don't give me a hard time dishing out false stories everyday. If you can't tell me how fashola tracked his budget performance why do you want me to disclose mine. Anyway you are the dullard that compared running a state to companies. Keep growing fat on Fashola lies and schizophrenia
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by FreeGlobe(f): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are very right..
so we are waiting. Searching for Fashola projects pt 6
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by geeez: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I don't need to track my 'non-performing heebo governors' because they don't give me a hard time dishing out false stories everyday. If you can't tell me how fashola tracked his budget performance why do you want me to disclose mine. Anyway you are the dullard that compared running a state to companies. Keep growing fat on Fashola lies and schizophrenia

Like I posted earlier, your brain is free of sense and obviously I must add intelligence to that. Not sure people come any dumber that you've been this morning and always anyway

Walexz02: @ Eko ile and geez: just help them upload some pictures of completed and ongoing projects in lagos, that i tink should be enough..... Dont argue with fooOls,they may beat you down to their level with ther foOolish experience.

The eddiot obviously saw and ignored this thread by Eko Ile

https://www.nairaland.com/1168667/lagos-move-project-inspection-2

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by EkoIle1: 8:43am On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
so we are waiting. Searching for Fashola projects pt 6

Do you know how long I've been waiting for projects from your village?
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by EkoIle1: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
^
same goes for you eko fool

I wasn't expecting anything from you because you don't have abything to show so no surprise here..

Worthless clown. Abeg dismiss yourself..
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by FreeGlobe(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

I wasn't expecting anything from you because you don't have abything to show so no surprise here..

Worthless clown. Abeg dismiss yourself..
projects from 30 billion per month x 6 years is all am asking for.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by geeez: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
projects from 30 billion per month x 6 years is all am asking for.

Turn your searchlight on your loud mouthed actionless governors. Indigenous Lagosians aren't complaining so what's your business? You don't have a stake in this project Lagos and you can never in ten generations rule the state so why is the performance or non performance of a Yoruba governor in a Yoruba state giving you sleepless nights? And if Lagos generates a N100bn each month from taxes and your one kobo isn't a part of it, you might as well f.u.c.kkkoff

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by FreeGlobe(f): 11:04am On Jan 20, 2013
kaze4blues:

Mumu....wher re u from?

D fact dddat u said fashola is ill-educated says it all about d fool dt u are.

Better get a life or if u re tire of fashola's achievements, d lagoon is stil wide open for u nd ur kind to take a dive
Fashola has been talking like a man without basic education lately. Fashola's achievements my azz.
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by Hardfact: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
Any link to the actual Lagos2012 Budget itself, comprehensive doc on projects, tax, IGR, allocation, etc as Hard Proof? Please provide, so curious/skeptical minds will peruse and believe. And those "projects" how in tune are they with the realities, the yearnings, the pulse of the masses. (Or their voice dont really matter?) Or are they another bogus claim characteristic of Nigerian govts? 89%, isnt that rather too high, too good to be true?
I'm very much aware of several projects in Lagos, esp roads that Gov Fash started since 2008 (i.e 1st term inception) yet to be finished, or rather abandoned till date!.
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by jmaine: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oga Fashola must be seriously joking undecided . . . . . Can we see how he came to that conclusion . . . .
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by seanet01: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
jmaine: Oga Fashola must be seriously joking undecided . . . . . Can we see how he came to that conclusion . . . .
never expect you to say otherwise.
You have never been objective on Fashola
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by Jerie(m): 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Anyone who doesn't like the way Lagos is goin should relocate to hiis state. See some Osu people are coming here calling an SAN illiterate. Has anyone in their generations achieved that feat? Most of them feed off the economy of Lagos and when forced to go home, they cry marginalisation.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by jmaine: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
seanet01: never expect you to say otherwise.
You have never been objective on Fashola

Keep deceiving yourself. . . . .Abi na another Lagos Fashola dey talk about . . . Una wan make me laugh

Now Seanet02, stir my objectivity by showing me how he came about that 89% implementation rate . . .
Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by shiftbutton: 10:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm, I tot FG says its not possible to achieve more than 25% implementation

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by Demdem(m): 12:48am On Jan 21, 2013
Now this is a perfect example of a govt that works. Kudos to Fashola and his team. I expect nothing less than 95% budget implementation for this financial year.
Again kudos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by kaze4blues(m): 6:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Fashola all d way...haters can hug transformer...

Instead of dem to sow thr clothes whr it is torn, dey re usin panaddol for anoda man's headache.

Hold ur various leaders accountable.....

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by banki(m): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2013
for those that claim its a lie please try and give us proof otherwise, fashola is intelligent fashola is visonary, fashola inspires young people exactly what we need in our country right now....

No human being is perfect but please i would encourage my kids to look up to fashola, he doesnt need to employ sincere nigerian aka ifeanyi democracy for ever or beef or resort to placing adverts on google and billboards on every major turn in abuja to make people belive he is working....

he is good you cant take it away from him, sometimes i imagine GEJ as the governor of lagos, would we have seen this much transformation

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Fashola's opinion, we want independent confirmation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! / . / Meet The Youngest LGA Chairmanship Asipirant In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.