Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,094 members, 7,852,698 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). (767 Views)

How Do I Boost My Internet Connectivity. / Starcomms Izap Signal/connectivity Issue / Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by Dclique(m): 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2008
hey its ya boy D.C.
I WANT TO KNW WHAT ITS MEANS WHEN UR WIRELESS CONNECTS TO A WIRELESS NTWRK
N IT SAYS  (limited or no connectivity).
ITS REALLY ANNOYING BCUS THERE ARE LOTS OF WIRELESS NTWRKS IN MY AREA N MY LAPTOP CANT USE THEM.
ITS IS SUPPOSED TO AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU THE SETTINGS BT IT DOESNT.Y? Y? Y?
  SOME PLS XPLAIN undecided
Re: Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by sholasys: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2008
limited or no connectivity means there is connectivities btw the two nodes but no routing takes place. Are u acquiring IP through DHCP or STATIC ?.
It could be low signal strength.
Re: Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by mmonwuba(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2008
rightly said, low sigbal could be the issue if u r expected to get the settings automatically.
Re: Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by Dclique(m): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
its supposed to gt me the i.p automatically bt it will say limited connectivity.
someone said its bcus they are intranet ntwrks!!!
whats dat? undecided
Re: Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by mmonwuba(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2008
if its supposed to get you an ip address automatically, then it means the issue here is poor signal its either you try to come out in open space and take a height (that is move to a place with a higher elevation) or you save your self the stress and get yourself a wireless radio.
Re: Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by coolfunk: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2008
The issue isn not poor signal, The Wifi networks in your area have probably been locked down to prevent unauthorised access. So unless ur good at hacking etc you have to keep hoping that one day, a free wifi access point will pop upin your area
Re: Wireless (limited Or No Connectivity). by mmonwuba(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2008
coolfunk:

The issue isn not poor signal, The Wifi networks in your area have probably been locked down to prevent unauthorised access. So unless your good at hacking etc you have to keep hoping that one day, a free wifi access point will pop upin your area

chairman, basically, there are two security options provided in public wi-fi system to the best of my knowledge, i stand to be corrected,

1. WEP. This one would require a user to enter a particular HEX key provided by the service provider and from the post, it is very clear that WEP is not the case here.

2. MAC ADDRESS AUTHENTICATION: this one would not allow you connect atall. If you don't connect, you cannot even try to obtain an ip address and the poster is trying to obtain an ip address,

so what are you not talking?

(1) (Reply)

40,000 Laptop Tokunbo / Relocate To Canada Now And Pay Installmentally / Mtn 100mb For 1000n Is Fuccked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.