Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

To All My Christian Friends... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All My Christian Friends... (2410 Views)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / An Inspirational Conversation With A Muslim Friend And His Christian Friends / I Want To Wish My New Christian Friends A Happy Sabbath! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All My Christian Friends... by MrAnony1(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Atheism is not science. You dont have to accept scientific facts to be an atheist. Atheism is simply disbelief in God(s) and religions(s). Nothing more than that.

The truth is that the gods of the religions were make-believe human inventions. If you came to the discovery of this truth, you are an atheist. No more no less.
Lol, interesting how almost every religion out there claims to have the "truth" these days.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Interesting how instead of tackling the question straight up you invoke the "anonyism" cop-out.

I was just joking and i eventually answered him naa. smiley

Where is ya sense of humor, anony v1.0
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by EvilBrain1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel: [img]http://1.bp..com/_f5m7s0RssIU/TBK5MSLnhFI/AAAAAAAABJw/d-zi4xSiwLg/s1600/Imagine_atheism.jpg[/img]

I get Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Kim il Sung; but what did poor Ho chi Minh, Fidel and Che do?

As I see it, they only fought to defend their countries against American imperialism and the excesses of capitalism. Che Guevera in particular is a hero in my book.

Unless you're one of those people thinks anyone who opposes the Americans is evil.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
Evil Brain:

As I see it, they only fought to defend their countries against American imperialism and the excesses of capitalism. Che Guevera in particular is a hero in my book.

Unless you're one of those people thinks anyone who opposes the Americans is evil.

THE REAL CHE GUEVARA
"Crazy with fury I will stain my rifle red while slaughtering any enemy that falls in my hands! My nostrils dilate
while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood. With the deaths of my enemies I prepare my being for
the sacred fight and join the triumphant proletariat with a bestial howl!"

"Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his
natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine. This is
what our soldiers must become … " Che Guevara
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by MrAnony1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

I was just joking and i eventually answered him naa. smiley

Where is ya sense of humor, anony v1.0
Lol...my apologies Olaadegbu v2.0
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:

grin
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

you do know that the doctrine of hell fire and original sin can be supported by the bible

Anything can be supported with the bible when mistranslated, misquoted, used for ulterior motives or political reasons etc. However a simple, humble and honest student who reads the bible for himself can only derive ONE TRUTH.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by truthislight: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Atheism is not science. You dont have to accept scientific facts to be an atheist. Atheism is simply disbelief in God(s) and religions(s). Nothing more than that.

The truth is that the gods of the religions were make-believe human inventions. If you came to the discovery of this truth, you are an atheist. No more no less.

Hmmm!

Sounding very sure.

Ok, lets see,

how do you come to know this?
(Abeg, no fall my hands o!, answer the question)

thak you.
*Waiting and tapping legs*
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

discovery .. Yes

study ... Not really. Its not a field of study. Its just a stance towards religion and their gods. Theism is belief in religion/gods and atheism is LACK of belief in religions/gods. Kinda like you were an "amusilm" and "abuddhist"

cool
I'm not calling it a field of study. But their is no better way to define it from Post 6.
Another delusion most atheists have to deal with. Majority of you think that moving away from theism is a mark of intelligence. :-P
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lolololol. Una no go kill pesin for this nairaland.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by F00028: 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
deleted
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by wiegraf: 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel:

Anything can be supported with the bible when mistranslated, misquoted, used for ulterior motives or political reasons etc. However a simple, humble and honest student who reads the bible for himself can only derive ONE TRUTH.

You still smoking whatever makes you mistaken atheism for communism? Stop smoking that $hit.
And this your one truth, was the same 'truth' when you were catholic? Alright then, all "humble and honest student who reads the bible for himself", what is a soul? Is it immortal?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 1:53am On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel:

but you have to know that all those people whom you believed were misquoting and mistranslating the bible for ulterior motive; they all sincerely believed within themselves that they are simple, honest and humble student of the bible, the same way you feel about yourself.

For example, eternal torment believers can honestly justify their stance from the bible and total annihilists can also honestly justify their stance from the same bible. Dont forget the thread by anony about hell, where you were all throwing scriptures at each other..
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 2:01am On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

Hmmm!

Sounding very sure.

Ok, lets see,

how do you come to know this?
(Abeg, no fall my hands o!, answer the question)

thak you.
*Waiting and tapping legs*

simple.

We are in the information age with internet and telecommunications.

For starters, just do a little research about the true origins of any religions and how those religions evolved over the period of time from its beginning up till now. In case of christianity and islam, try and also read the entire bible and quran for exactly what it says, not what you are taught it says and you will easily see that they are not more than what some ancient men has written.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by truthislight: 10:04am On Jan 21, 2013
cyrexx:

simple.

We are in the information age with internet and telecommunications.

For starters, just do a little research about the true origins of any religions and how those religions evolved over the period of time from its beginning up till now. In case of christianity and islam, try and also read the entire bible and quran for exactly what it says, not what you are taught it says and you will easily see that they are not more than what some ancient men has written.

(looking round me)

is he talking to me?

Who are you talking to? Me? Ok, i see.

Well then, do you think every body have your handicap?

There is nothing there that you have mentioned that i dont have an appropriate information.

Is it possible that we both have same info at our disposal? No.

Is it by those distorted history that you based your conclusions that there is no God?

Just be inform that i dont have that same headech that you have.

Ok, do you mind bringing the most difficult of the information at your disposal and lets see how it will fair?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by EvilBrain1(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2013
@Frosbel

Che Guevera left an affluent life in Argentina to risk his life and suffer in the jungle to free a country that wasn't even his. While he was a guerilla, he never allowed his men to steal, loot or rápe. Anyone who did so was punished severely. He was always on the front line of every battle and never asked his troops to take any risk unless he was taking it too. He never forgot that he was fighting for the common people, and treated them with the greatest respect, even those who didn't support him.

When his revolutionaries won control of the country, he personally made sure the the soldiers didn't loot or rob as is the usual practice after a big victory. He became the central bank governor, but never enriched himself, never stole, and always put the interests of the people first.

Then instead of sitting back and enjoying the affluent life and heroic status he had earned, he chose to leave it all behind to go to the jungles of Africa, again to risk his life helping some black strangers fight their corrupt governments. He was eventually murdered in Bolivia, by another dictatorship he was trying to overthrow.

There are few people in history who have shown the kind of selflessness, honesty, and bravery that Che showed. He was that rare man that power could not corrupt. That you cab condemn him for a few harsh words, written in harsh circumstances and ignore all the good he did says more about you than him.

I challenge you to name one single Christian or Muslim world leader that has maDr that level of self sacrifice to help others and for a cause he or she believed in.

1 Like

Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2013
Evil Brain: @Frosbel

Che Guevera left an affluent life in Argentina to risk his life and suffer in the jungle to free a country that wasn't even his. While he was a guerilla, he never allowed his men to steal, loot or rápe. Anyone who did so was punished severely. He was always on the front line of every battle and never asked his troops to take any risk unless he was taking it too. He never forgot that he was fighting for the common people, and treated them with the greatest respect, even those who didn't support him.

When his revolutionaries won control of the country, he personally made sure the the soldiers didn't loot or rob as is the usual practice after a big victory. He became the central bank governor, but never enriched himself, never stole, and always put the interests of the people first.

Then instead of sitting back and enjoying the affluent life and heroic status he had earned, he chose to leave it all behind to go to the jungles of Africa, again to risk his life helping some black strangers fight their corrupt governments. He was eventually murdered in Bolivia, by another dictatorship he was trying to overthrow.

There are few people in history who have shown the kind of selflessness, honesty, and bravery that Che showed. He was that rare man that power could not corrupt. That you cab condemn him for a few harsh words, written in harsh circumstances and ignore all the good he did says more about you than him.

I challenge you to name one single Christian or Muslim world leader that has maDr that level of self sacrifice to help others and for a cause he or she believed in.

Che is quite a controversia figure,a murderer to some and and a force against oppression to others.

The fact is quite clear that Che was fighting against oppression from dictators in the begging.

Frosbel probably copied and pasted from his anti-atheist christian apologist site that shewd Che as an atheist mass murderer
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
cyrexx:

have you read the op?

Sure I did. Did you think about it before you typed it up? Because everything you said just demands authority. Why should we listen to you? On what authority do you refer to Christian child-raising as child abuse? On what authority do you proclaim good to be possible without God? In fact, what do you mean when you say the word, God? Because you confuse issues when you divorce 'Good' from 'God'?

On what authority do you proclaim that human moral judgment evolves at all and has indeed evolved? From what origin did the evolution take off? Where is it now? And how did it get there?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by wiegraf: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Sure I did. Did you think about it before you typed it up? Because everything you said just demands authority. Why should we listen to you? On what authority do you refer to Christian child-raising as child abuse? On what authority do you proclaim good to be possible without God? In fact, what do you mean when you say the word, God? Because you confuse issues when you divorce 'Good' from 'God'?

On what authority do you proclaim that human moral judgment evolves at all and has indeed evolved? From what origin did the evolution take off? Where is it now? And how did it get there?

Errmm, what exactly does the bolded mean?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
wiegraf:

Errmm, what exactly does the bolded mean?

I know, right? I'm just as confused too. undecided
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by wiegraf: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I know, right? I'm just as confused too. undecided

You're trying to witty as well, or is this plain stoopidity?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
wiegraf:

You're trying to witty as well, or is this plain stoopidity?

You first grin
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by wiegraf: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You first grin

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to think about this response. The confusion has taken out the fight in me. Decently played good ser, decently played...
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
wiegraf:

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to think about this response. The confusion has taken out the fight in me. Decently played good ser, decently played...

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Really A God? / No Man Of God In Nigeria Has Gone To Hospitals To Start Healing Patients. Why?!! / Why Were The 5 Foolish Virgins Foolish And Who Are They Referring To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.