Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 - Sports (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (66687 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / 2013 AFCON: Nigeria To Play Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
I tire for the Kechi ooo. Na him pattern of play be that. The guy has been winning by luck.

Sir Waybijo: Disappointed.This Burkina Faso players are tall,yet we play long ball.Is Keshi dumb or plain stupid.Why did he play Ogude,Yobo and Efe.He had Azubike,Reuben Gabriel and Moses.Musa was disappointing.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Havilah93(m): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Thank God say i chop belle full before watching the match, I for loose double today grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ref poor,Echejille worst,uche smdh,y remove Emenike,Ambrose-no use am.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by bank2k4real(m): 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm....400 users and 300 guests viewing this....and super chickens just spoil show....for us...
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by otokx(m): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Zambia is beatable but can we rise to the challenge.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by pelezico: 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eziachi: Nigeria should learn to contest decisions in the next game, as officials tend to take advantage of well mannered teams and Keshi should be busy making his thoughts known to the 4th official with the sort of decisions they were getting.
Only a fool wouldn't see that red card coming.
Ambrose body language was that of a guilty person waiting to be sent off, when he hasn't done much to deserve a free kick against him, let alone a red card.
In football this days, if you don't fight for it, you don't get decision in your favour.
Nice guys or teams don't get decisions often. Ask Alex Ferguson or Roberto Martinez of Wigan.

Very sensible post and you are 100 % right here. I was a little peaved that our players were helping those cheats back to feet and patting them on the back and all of the fair play nonsence. We sould have been remonstrating. Put pressure on the ref to officiate properly.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
i bet N3,000 with my babe say naija go draw or lose,lol.. And thank God ooo! Me dey N6,000 richer now.. Naija abeg make una try loose next match, cuz i dey bet N15,000 for that one.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Eziachi: Nigeria should learn to contest decisions in the next game, as officials tend to take advantage of well mannered teams and Keshi should be busy making his thoughts known to the 4th official with the sort of decisions they were getting.
Ambrose body language was that of a guilty person waiting to be sent off, when he hasn't done much to deserve a free kick against him, let alone a red card.
In football this days, if you don't fight for it, you don't get decision in your favour.
Nice guys or teams don't get decisions often. Ask Alex Ferguson or Roberto Martinez of Wigan.

Brilliant !!!
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by mallorca(m): 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
i like and quote you with Victor Ikpeba goal in penalty shootout,Nigeria vs Cameroun Nig/ghana 2000,
so the refree have no option than to disallowed the goal because Ikpeba don carry his hands 4 head already.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by supremebeing09: 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
lillyveezy: 4 min extra time?tooo much oo

Considering the fouls and the harsh tackles I am surprised the referee didn't award 2 days of extra time! 4 minutes was decent enough.

It's just a shame the last kick of the game resulted in our conceeding a goal.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Gbengazzee(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blamed the midfield and striker for not holding their place. If they had initiate more attacking football, no one would have noticed we had a weak defence. Also selfishness on the part of the strikers especially Uche, he has no reason to shot wide at goal on two occassions, when he has a team mate closer to him and in better position to score.

I just pray we qualify from this group but not expecting this team to win this tournament.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by emiye(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nigeria will make it to the final of the nations cup. Yes!, i said it. Quote me later.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
pelezico:

Very sensible post and you are 100 % right here. I was a little peaved that our players were helping those cheats back to feet and patting them on the back and all of the fair play nonsence. We sould have been remonstrating. Put pressure on the ref to officiate properly.

Being nice doesn't pay anymore
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Goldmind1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
O boy! Zambian team go roast these eagles ooo.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by kumbalo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
Brianflair: This is a bad luck. A few seconds to go and they knack it in. Why all this show off prayer. Go and pray in your rest room.
Bros i tire for their hypocrisy o
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
Gbengazzee: I blamed the midfield and striker for not holding their place. If they had initiate more attacking football, no one would have noticed we had a weak defence. Also selfishness on the part of the strikers especially Uche, he has no reason to shot wide at goal on two occassions, when he has a team mate closer to him and in better position to score.

I just pray we qualify from this group but not expecting this team to win this tournament.

eeyyaa... Ndo
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by fio(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
chreld_b: i cant believe this! How I go take sleep this night?

me too, cant stop thinking.....i felt really bad, but anyway they did more than expectations
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
How? Were Burkina faso playing that kind of s.tup.id football? Can't you see that they were playing more of the ball inside our 18? or should long balls be played inside their half as well? Long balls are suppose to feature once in a while with somebody to win it not the way super monkey were playing it.

Eziachi:
The state of the pitch favours only long balls.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by zuchyblink(m): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
if super eagles like make dem loose 100-0,i go still support them.i have no other national team but the eagles.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
any time nigerian net shake.. My heart will start beating fast,,, even our neighbour heard my heart beat after today's game. Come on naija we can still do it...#Godblessnigeria
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by balladin: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
mikeansy: Generally I am impressed with the Super Eagles

Keshi just needs to understand his best team . . . .except Brown Ideye is injured/tired there is no way in this world he should have been taken out from this game!!!!!

Oboabona played well . . .he has a bit to learn . . .someone need to tell him to stop folding his hands backward when marking attackers!!!!

Keshi also seems to understand how to get the best out of the players we got.

4-3-3 with all 3 front men having the ability to rove about means you can probably play with 2 or 3 standing midfielders who can pass the ball even if they cant drible!!!

Yeah, good game plan at the start. But no flexibility in tactics. In the second half the opposition played differently yet we stuck to our good old plan. Keshi doesn't look too competent shaa.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by otokx(m): 10:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Musa, Yobo & Echejile should not start the next match. Mikel should play only 1 half and in attacking midfield role Emenike and Ideye should pivot the attack with Ike Uche.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by safarigirl(f): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Chai, wey that my calculator sef? grin
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
mallorca:
i like and quote you with Victor Ikpeba goal in penalty shootout,Nigeria vs Cameroun Nig/ghana 2000,
so the refree have no option than to disallowed the goal because Ikpeba don carry his hands 4 head already.
GBAM he didn't believe that he scored, he is the one who influenced the ref
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
I don't agree with those saying Keshi still needs to understand his team. For how long has he been coaching this team?

This team isn't short on effort and hard-work but I doubt they have enough technique and quality to make it past this group. Ahmed Musa and Nosa Igiebor showed their amateurish sides when with less than 20 seconds to go, they chose to hustle another goal instead of running down the clock.

Musa was all action but no end product. I sympathize with Keshi as I'm sure if Moses were fit, Musa would have been subbed. That said, I'm yet to see any distinctive style Keshi has imposed on the team. Keshi has gone for the all too simple long ball with fast and powerful attackers. I wish him luck.

We'll get two points most realistically or 3 to be optimistic after 3 games. I don't know if we'll qualify for the world cup but with Keshi in charge, even if we do, we can be sure we'll embarrass ourselves at the tournament.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
f i o:

me too, cant stop thinking.....i felt really bad, but anyway they did more than expectations
Una dey craze!! No sleep na.. Owos!!
The last time i watched naija match with passion was their friendly match with france.. Ever since, i havs stop givin a damn about them, i was even parying they didnt make it to dis nation cup as i was overjoyed they didnt go last time..lol.. Even today i was busy playing God of war while the chickens bin dey play thier ususal rubbish. Jonsers!! Thats wat they are,and everybody should see them for what/who they are.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
f i o:

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by otokx(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
emiye: Nigeria will make it to the final of the nations cup. Yes!, i said it. Quote me later.
with this kind of attitude that is impossible, our nations cup may end on friday if we loose and either of the other team draws.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by balladin: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
zuchyblink: if super eagles like make dem loose 100-0,i go still support them.i have no other national team but the eagles.
Nice one. We must keep supporting our own.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by PhilipTosin(m): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Worst super eagles I've ever seen; Siasia is by far better than Keshi.. Siasia was building a team that plays well & can stand shoulder to shoulder wt any team in the world. This present team, who can we stand wt?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Mospring(m): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
chreld_b: i cant believe this! How I go take sleep this night?
all na wash; fastidious dumb and super chickens; gvn their compatriots HBP:!

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Neymar Arrives At Brazil Training In His #450million Black Mercedes Helicopter / Whatsapp Conversations Between Neymar And Rape Accuser Najila (See Screenshots) / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.