Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 - Sports (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (66717 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / 2013 AFCON: Nigeria To Play Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by babyboy3(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2013
(1) Playing without a structure
(2) the team cannot string 4 or 5 passes together
(3) Did he select the right team and squad?
(4) Poor organisation
(5) Some players ran and ran like headless chickens

Playing under the man who called foreign manager "bloody white men taking our jobs" Siasia should have kept his Job
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Gwekzy: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2013
kq: http://atdee.net/
God bless u 4 dis link...i watchd d match live n ll be watchin all of em here
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by sojihandsome: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
The super chickens make me happy sha @ the end cos i place my bet on draw after 90min i arealdy lost hope but @ the end they gave me happiness so dont cause them again o infact www.NaijaBet.com go they feel my hand by now them go here weeyn for dis nationas cup. cool
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Rhydem: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
[size=20pt]Oya Goodluck remove us from this competition![/size]
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Duru1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
The moment I stumbled onto the live coverage of the soccer match between Nigeria and Burkina Faso, I initially thought the boys in white jersey were Nigerians and the boys in green were Burkinabes. In fact, Burkinabes were better with the ball than Nigerians.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by omar22(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
baby-boy:
(4) Poor organisation

Playing under the man who called foreign manager "bloody white men taking our jobs" Siasia should have kept his Job
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by beylinko(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Two heartbreaks in 2days. After vowing nt 2 watch their match 3yrs ago,this people hvnt change. Smh
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by begwong: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
beylinko: Two heartbreaks in 2days. After vowing nt 2 watch their match 3yrs ago,this people hvnt change. Smh
Sowie! Try to avoid the other 2remaining matches bro.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by RSA(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria and Burkina Faso will make it to the next round.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Pesuzok(m): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Thanks 2 Mikel Obi 4 his 1daful display
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
baby-boy:

(4) Poor organisation

What were you smoking during the game or what game did you watch?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by babyboy3(m): 12:07am On Jan 23, 2013
Sagamite:

What were you smoking during the game or what game did you watch?

?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Rhydem: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
baby-boy:

?

Jus' ignore, d guy is high on Indian hemp.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Sagamite(m): 3:59am On Jan 24, 2013
baby-boy:

?

Rhydem:

Jus' ignore, d guy is high on Indian hemp.

Both of you know nothing about football. It is best you keep quiet.
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by babyboy3(m): 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Both of you know nothing about football. It is best you keep quiet.

Wow Giovanni Trappatoni is in the house
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by omar22(m): 11:31am On Jan 25, 2013
baby-boy:
(4) Poor organisation

You were spot on..................... they were in 6s and 7s running around like headless chickens and the Coach allowed them, no instructions, the distance between thw strikers and defence was so huge whereas they were meant to be compact and make it difficult and the idiot who tried to do a drag back made the opponents day, which party safety first he doesnt understand?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Sagamite(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
baby-boy:

Wow Giovanni Trappatoni is in the house

Jose Mourinho, mate!

omar22:
You were spot on..................... they were in 6s and 7s running around like headless chickens and the Coach allowed them, no instructions, the distance between thw strikers and defence was so huge whereas they were meant to be compact and make it difficult and the idiot who tried to do a drag back made the opponents day, which party safety first he doesnt understand?

You want a small distance between lines when the strategy was to utilise Mikel's long range passes?

They were running like headless chickens, you mean by creating more than double the chances of the opposition and dominated the game until the red card?
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by omar22(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
Sagamite:

Jose Mourinho, mate!

You want a small distance between lines when the strategy was to utilise Mikel's long range passes?

They were running like headless chickens, you mean by creating more than double the chances of the opposition and dominated the game until the red card?

We were a man short when you are compact that forces Burkina to push up and leave space behind. Yes we dominated the game because Burkina Faso offered nothing until we went a man down, if our team were more composed, choose the right option or not been to selfish Nigeria would have beaten Burkina out of sight....
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Sagamite(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
omar22:

We were a man short when you are compact that forces Burkina to push up and leave space behind. Yes we dominated the game because Burkina Faso offered nothing until we went a man down, if our team were more composed, choose the right option or not been to selfish Nigeria would have beaten Burkina out of sight....

Lets park your argument for now. So the "problem"(?) came after we got a red, so how can someone say:

(4) Poor organisation

A lot of people are just reactive, they are not analytical.

I can bet you if the players played EXACTLY the same way, converted their chances and we won 4-0, the same people would be screaming "This team is too good. They would even beat Spain and Brazil. Didn't they draw with Catalonia with weak players like Dike. I love their style".

They are just emotional reactives, not football analysts.

The team played well. Far better than I have seen a Nigerian team play in more than 3 years. They just did not convert when needed. Mikel was outstanding for about 70 mins in the game. First time I am seeing him have any significant or dominating impact in SE. He was pulling a Pirlo. The red card bleeped them up. Good play!

They had:

- Dangerous passes, dominant play, good defensive midfield, good attacking midfield aerially, yet the midfield was overwhelmed sometimes.
- Good defence, more movement needed upfront (DRC seems to be the best at doing this so far), poor striking finish and typical black-man selfishness and glory-seeking (which is seen in most teams at the CAN).
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by GARRIWARLORD(m): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
Omo make dis match start nah
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
omar22:

I told you Nigerians are just reactives, they are not football analysts.

Now majority of them are now screaming how Nigeria is so good they can win the cup.

https://www.nairaland.com/1179114/ivory-coast-vs-nigeria-afcon/87

If Yaya had popped a goal in in the 85th and we are out, this same people would say "that is the worst football team ever assembled by Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by sambos994(m): 3:45am On Feb 06, 2013
Sagamite:

I told you Nigerians are just reactives, they are not football analysts.

Now majority of them are now screaming how Nigeria is so good they can win the cup.

https://www.nairaland.com/1179114/ivory-coast-vs-nigeria-afcon/87

If Yaya had popped a goal in in the 85th and we are out, this same people would say "that is the worst football team ever assembled by Nigeria".

What a shame...
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
My BP OOOOOOOOOOOO.its running up,then down....
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by tintingz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by NessaFresh(f): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2013
RSA: Nigeria and Burkina Faso will make it to the next round.

U were more than right lol
Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by Roseh: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
WHEN i turn drin oga? take time o
Toroze:
Omo Guy Nah Roseh 4 hand while listening to d'banj's ontop of the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 by booksrite(f): 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
WHEN i turn drin oga? take time o

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Whatsapp Conversations Between Neymar And Rape Accuser Najila (See Screenshots) / Super Eagles Sing For Kanu Nwankwo In The Dressing Room As He Dances / Oghenekaro Etebo And Isi Ebhota With Their Son, Wealth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.