Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River (13870 Views)

Some Of Ezu River Bodies Were Shot – Senate / Kidnappers Executed And Dumped In Ezu River / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]The Anambra State governor, Peter Obi on Sunday promised to give N5 million to anyone with information on the bodies found in Ezu River, Amansea, Akwa North Local Government area of the state.
30 bodies were found at the old Enugu-Onitsha road axis of the River, situated at the boundary between Enugu and Anambra States.
The Anambra State governor, Peter Obi on Sunday promised to give N5 million to anyone with information on the bodies found in Ezu River, Amansea, Akwa North Local Government area of the state.
30 bodies were found at the old Enugu-Onitsha road axis of the River, situated at the boundary between Enugu and Anambra States.

I think the gov. should be intelligent enough and engage the services of us, the forensic scientists in Diaspora. Yeah, I believe in cash reward, cos an eye witness can make our work easier, but that shld not be the starting point. With the basic forensic technology, they can actually determine where, when and how those corpses hit the river. Yes, that should be the starting point.

Forensic science provides a number of solutions to solving the mystery question of when a person died. The following can be used to determine the condition surrounding the death; body temperature, digestive system, blood pooling, forensic entomology, the body farm. Forensic entomology for example, is very useful for cases where the body has been long dead. Only certain insects will feed and lay eggs on a dead corpse, and forensic entomologists study these insects, their larvae cycles and thereafter can determine whether a body has been dead for just one day or up to 3 or 4 weeks.
In this present case, we can distinguish between drowning ( water in the lungs) and strangulation ( broken neck cartilage), along with other evidence from examining corpses on determining if a death was caused by murder, suicide or an accident.

One of the problems police may face with the investigation is the need to confirm or recognize an unknown identity. In dealing with these cases, we the forensic experts have developed a variety of techniques such as facial reconstruction, DNA matching, dental matching, forensic anthropology and blood analysis.
This is a another wake up call for Nigeria, in the area of security and forensic investigations (C’mon,who says we can’t have our very own CSI), another trumpet blowing for us to join the world of forensics, another call to join the moving train! Should we continue to fold our hands and wallow in “the matter is being investigated”…For how long peeps?

So my distinguished gov, Peter Obi, waguan, how far? Are we gonna hear from you soon? Please let this scientific security train begin from our state Anambra, let our state be the very state others will emulate from, don’t let the special and unique knowledge your people have die abroad. We are ready to come home, we are ready to contribute positively to the development of our state, and we are ready to help move our country, Nigeria forward. I really hope you get to read this, or hear it from someone who read it ( Please if you have direct link to Peter, do not hesistate to give it to me.In that way u will be helping to move our country forward as well. Thank you).

Besides this topic, we can also help create FINGERPRINT AND DNA DATABASE for all convicted and non convicted criminals in Nigeria for future use. Oh Yes, we can actually lift unseen finger and shoe prints. Paternity testing is not excluded. We really do have a lot to offer to our country.
………I am proudly a forensic Scientist.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by chachal: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
The govt of the day believes so much in throwing money at problems
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Ngwakwe: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
They learnt it from CIA and FBI

chachal: The govt of the day believes so much in throwing money at problems
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Bsc(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
make them go ask the cattle rearers wey full for that boundary b/w enugu and Anambra...
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by ba7man(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
manny4life:

Listen and learn what exactly? Fictional knowledge? Is it that I don't have Cox cable in my home to watch "REAL LIFE" Investigation Discovery channel? Yall are funny as sh.it, this is why I said, some of yall watch too much damn tv. Even an autopsy of a body, a detailed one takes about one week to complete, complex cases takes more than that. After that, you then get your results to the lab who conducts various testings. By the time the process is complete, probably few months down the road, and you have all your facts, how does that solve or find the perpetrators of the crime?

This is why I said some watch too much damn tv, because a lot of things on that show are fictional, but folks like you are just too gullible to figure it out. If you watch real ID crimes, real life police officers have less than a certain number of days to gather suspects and begin interrogation. NO POLICE DETECTIVE will wait for autopsy or forensic results to come out before commencing investigation. If it means they have to give a reward, they do so while investigation is going on. Even families of the victims also hire PI or private investigators + give rewards as well.

Cash rewards are NORMS in police investigation, particularly a place like Nigeria where the bodies can't even be identified, ok smartie, please tell us how they first identify each corpse. At least the CSI Miami you watch, isn't that what they do "FIRST"? Doesn't CSI have a database of records they cross-reference against, in this case, how do you do it? Not fictional, but on real TV Crime series, you see they have a "HOTLINE" where people can call with information, no matter how small or irrelevant it is. In every investigation, INFORMATION IS THE SOURCE. Without info, you're literally flying blind. Here you are asking me to listen and learn? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You guys watch too much TV.

This long essay of yours just revealed a lot about you. So because information is based on fiction, you learn nothing from it?? Your learning faculty is limited. This proves you can't marry fact and fiction to arrive at a logical conclusion.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Malawian(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
logica: Jezuz. Give it up already. You think corpses embalmed since 1967-1970 wouldn't be all dried and shriveled up by now?
the corpses are in the river! Are they still supposed to be dried up and shriveled? Give it up yourself. You dont have a sound theory as to how those corpses got there, do you?
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by scantee(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
I think those are the corpse of the people that their boat capsize in Cross-River State last week, they are more than 50 in number...(source) a boat driver.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by skfa1: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
@ you all.

You dnt need to stress ur brain further. All the government need to do is carry out autopsy and forensic investigation.
But the problem we might encouter is, how are the investigators identify the corps cos there is no any form of database record in Nigeria.
I think we need database in this nation,instead of looting money we can use the money to do something meaningful that will benefit the nation.

Just my 2 kobo!

1 Like

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by cupid4ig(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ogojohn: THEY SHOULD ASK AWKUZU SARS. THEY ARE THE CHIEFTAIN OF EXTRA JUDICIAL KILLING. THEY KILL AT RANDOM. HOPE THEY WILL NOT ESCAPE THIS ONE.
i swear even onitsha on i dont even knw the work of those guys
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by logica(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
Malawian: the corpses are in the river! Are they still supposed to be dried up and shriveled? Give it up yourself. You dont have a sound theory as to how those corpses got there, do you?
Dude, the more you twist, the more twisted your thinking looks. You mean they had been kept in the river since 1970? There is no way you can preserve a corpse since 1970 without it shriveling and drying up.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by manny4life(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
ba7man: This long essay of yours just revealed a lot about you. So because information is based on fiction, you learn nothing from it?? Your learning faculty is limited. This proves you can't marry fact and fiction to arrive at a logical conclusion.

LOL, you know how many fictional dramas and scientific stuff I've seen from movies such as star wars to programs like CSI Miami and their likes? What's the purpose of fiction? Isn't it to entertain you? Can you apply fiction to everyday life and activity?

NO, hence the reason why it's called fiction aka isn't real. Fiction means it isn't real and not applicable. At the university, do they teach you fiction, or real life scenarios? What's the use of learning something that's not real let alone exist? So please, drop you fictional idea of learning, learning is for knowledge base, if you can't apply your so-called fictional theory to real life application, then isn't the sole purpose of learning wasted? I'm sorry, your fictional idea of learning DOES NOT HOLD.

Actually, Master of fictional learning, while you're at it, you should give me several fictional theories that you have learned and actually it's applied to real life situations.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by ba7man(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
manny4life:

LOL, you know how many fictional dramas and scientific stuff I've seen from movies such as star wars to programs like CSI Miami and their likes? What's the purpose of fiction? Isn't it to entertain you? Can you apply fiction to everyday life and activity?

NO, hence the reason why it's called fiction aka isn't real. Fiction means it isn't real and not applicable. At the university, do they teach you fiction, or real life scenarios? What's the use of learning something that's not real let alone exist? So please, drop you fictional idea of learning, learning is for knowledge base, if you can't apply your so-called fictional theory to real life application, then isn't the sole purpose of learning wasted? I'm sorry, your fictional idea of learning DOES NOT HOLD.

Actually, Master of fictional learning, while you're at it, you should give me several fictional theories that you have learned and actually it's applied to real life situations.
Mr Manny....Jesus told parables, right?...They weren't based on real events but their purpose was to provide insight. Let me give u an example I'm sure u'll belive is stupid. If you are familiar with comic characters, Justice League is headed by Superman(He's immortal), his vice is Batman. Batman has no powers but he commands the rest who all have superpowers...Why?? Because he's very intelligent. His intelligence always contributes to their efforts in a big way....but I'm sure u would dismiss it all as kiddies cartoons. I can't belive you didn't learn anything from the Star wars movies. OMG!!! So all what Yoda says doesn't register to you??
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
scantee: I think those are the corpse of the people that their boat capsize in Cross-River State last week, they are more than 50 in number...(source) a boat driver.

Does that water flow into this one?
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
ba7man: Mr Manny....Jesus told parables, right?...They weren't based on real events but their purpose was to provide insight. Let me give u an example I'm sure u'll belive is stupid. If you are familiar with comic characters, Justice League is headed by Superman(He's immortal), his vice is Batman. Batman has no powers but he commands the rest who all have superpowers...Why?? Because he's very intelligent. His intelligence always contributes to their efforts in a big way....but I'm sure u would dismiss it all as kiddies cartoons.

First, don't compare the parables that Jesus spoke. Jesus words weren't fictional, but words of wisdom only those who understood, could interpret and most importantly APPLY THEM. The parables of Jesus can be likened to similar idioms or expressions today.

Yes, I'm familiar with these comical characters, I'm glad you already know I will dismiss these as theories because in the general scheme of things, beings with supernatural powers have control over those who don't - Intelligence or not. This is why Psychics, Mediums, etc have advantage over those who don't even with all their intelligence.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by logica(m): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
scantee: I think those are the corpse of the people that their boat capsize in Cross-River State last week, they are more than 50 in number...(source) a boat driver.
Did some of the passengers on the boat come on board wearing only panties? I ask because it appears from the pictures that the corpses were in their underwear.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
logica: Did some of the passengers on the boat come on board wearing only panties? I ask because it appears from the pictures that the corpses were in their underwear.

You expect someone thrown into a flowing water to be fully dressed when found?
Use your brain man!
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Malawian(m): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
logica: Dude, the more you twist, the more twisted your thinking looks. You mean they had been kept in the river since 1970? There is no way you can preserve a corpse since 1970 without it shriveling and drying up.
i was under no illusion that those were biafran corpses. i was just being mischievous, however, since you are talking about dried and and shriveled, i,ll have you know that once a dry stuff hits the water, science says it will not continue to remain dry. ka ji kwo?
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by logica(m): 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

You expect someone thrown into a flowing water to be fully dressed when found?
Use your brain man!
LMAO. The irony of a dimwit telling me to use my brain. So, why did they still have panties on? Oh, so rivers just like to un.dress victims down to panties but then leaves the panties on. Mumu.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
logica: LMAO. The irony of a dimwit telling me to use my brain. So, why did they still have panties on? Oh, so rivers just like to un.dress victims down to panties but then leaves the panties on. Mumu.

Yeah
A fisherman in a boat will be wearing a three piece suit and when the boat capsizes,he will have his suit in tact when recovered grin grin grin
Some were totally naked look at the picture
Ode

People are coming up with intelligent reasons how dozens of decomposing bodies all males with no obvious mutilations could appear at once
You have no intelligent guesses yet you pick apart those of others with daft reasoning
Use your brain I repeat cool
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by logica(m): 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Yeah
A fisherman in a boat will be wearing a three piece suit and when the boat capsizes
A fisherman that doesn't know how to swim? Can you see how ret@rded you are? Wait, were you dropped on your head as a baby? A fisherman's boat will capsize and he wouldn't know how to swim? Jezuz.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Clairette(f): 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=michealvon][/quote].

I'm sorry but I was going to suggest that ur thinking faculty is choked for u to even think; 'that was d crime scene'.
Ok..u r not daft..we agree u were kidding!
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Too bad!40 bodies in a river from nowhere?!

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by eldoradoxx: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
This is a mystery!!! How did they float down to that river? Didn't anyone sight the corpses elsewhere before they came to the Ezu river? The bodies do not look like pple that drowned anywhere!
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Yujin(m): 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sad, so sad. Investigation begins.
*What are the other streams/rivers upstream that feeds this river?
*At what speed(flow rate) does the river flow?
1. What are the genders of the corpse? If mixed, then it is most likely drowning/a capsized boat. If a capsized boat, why was it not reported?
However, if purely males then it is most likely murder(cult related activities are ruled out because of the number involved).
2. Study the corpse for injuries or fractures. If they are with wounds, it MUST be murder. If not Autopsy for poisoning should be conducted.
3. Like others have mentioned, water in the lungs means the victims were alive before entering the river.
4. Even clothings, ornaments and other add-ons on the corpse are clues to unravelling this puzzle.
Ndi-Anambra, if indeed you are luminary giants as you claim then this should not pose a difficult nut to crack.
Just so sad.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
logica: A fisherman that doesn't know how to swim? Can you see how ret@rded you are? Wait, were you dropped on your head as a baby? A fisherman's boat will capsize and he wouldn't know how to swim? Jezuz.

Oh yes
And pilots never fall off the skies despite knowing how to fly
Mr illogical
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by logica(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
babyosisi:
And pilots never fall off the skies despite knowing how to fly
LMAO. See analogy ooooo. The analogy from the mind of a dummy.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by excondido(m): 12:34am On Jan 22, 2013
Mr. Globe:

you are making no sense at all. The secretion can never be profound at the point of deposition and you fail to realize this is a flowing water and neglect the days involved.Am tired of your aberrant IQs in this forum. Learn to speak where you have authority.
wel am nt here to bandy words with you. obviously u r a functional iliterate hell bent on being obstinate. if ur empty head could capture "Profound at the point of deposition"then what stops it 4m reading "bt the conc however decreases wt time, bt marked on the river bank n vegetatns". ur lack of undastanding is astounding wt ur close mindednes. just shows u dnt knw any thing on d philosophy of science- be open minded, skunk.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by LadyAdorable: 7:59am On Jan 22, 2013
Mua think those bodies are unidentified/ unclaimed bodies from the morgue or something.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by MrGlobe(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2013
excondido: wel am nt here to bandy words with you. obviously u r a functional iliterate hell bent on being obstinate. if ur empty head could capture "Profound at the point of deposition"then what stops it 4m reading "bt the conc however decreases wt time, bt marked on the river bank n vegetatns". ur lack of undastanding is astounding wt ur close mindednes. just shows u dnt knw any thing on d philosophy of science- be open minded, skunk.
shut up you dullard. Did you bother to find out if the water was flowing or how many days it must have stayed. You are talking human secretions and talking 'conc' like its some acid or base. lmaooo. dumbass. shut your empty mouth.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by patrick89(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2013
From the info i got from a vilager. He said that no one is missing. And the kind of igbos settlement. 5or 6 people can never diapear unnoticed,it s highly imposible, the vehicle that dumped these corpes came arnd 2 to 1am, police check point is few meters away frm that place, so these police men have a case to answer, by all indication they were kiled with matchete' axe, gun(bullets were seen under the water) their blood are stil floating on the river, and the victims are more than they speculated, it s far more than 50, u need to see these. It has noting to do wit ritual kilings, it is typical communal clash! They have unfamilar look, with tribal marks,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation / "Order Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest For Threatening Nigeria’s Existence" - Arewa Youths / Atiku: Segun Showunmi Speaks On The 'Stolen Mandate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.