Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River (13970 Views)

Some Of Ezu River Bodies Were Shot – Senate / Kidnappers Executed And Dumped In Ezu River / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by youngies(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
The Anambra State governor, Peter Obi on Sunday promised to give N5 million to anyone with information on the bodies found in Ezu River, Amansea, Akwa North Local Government area of the state.

30 bodies were found at the old Enugu-Onitsha road axis of the River, situated at the boundary between Enugu and Anambra States.

The corpse that could not be easily identified were suspected to have been dumped in the river on Friday night by unknown persons.

Natives of Amansea said some of the bodies they saw had been swept away while some were still buried down the river and are expected to become afloat later.

Residents of the community are worried about the incident because the river is their main source of water.

The government is however promising to send tankers over to the community to supply water.

The Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Bala Nasarawa, who shuddered at such inhuman and ugly incident, said investigation in to the matter will commence immediately while his Enugu counterpart, Musa Daura, maintained that Enugu and Anambra enjoy relative peace and so could not decipher where the corpses were coming from.

Mr Daura wondered how the avalanche of dead bodies got there because he had not heard of any communal clash whether in Enugu or Anambra where many people were killed.

Anambra State Commissioner for Health, Lawrence Ikeafor, also wondered where the dead bodies could be coming from as there are no communal clashes within the state or even in neighboring Enugu state.

He however advised the villagers not to fetch water from the river until the bodies are cleared and buried.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/20/obi-promises-n5-million-for-information-on-bodies-in-ezu-river/
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by tpia5: 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
its true?
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Malawian(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
So up till now, they still haven't discorvered where those bodies come from? Is there a cemetary around there? Could they be victims of the biafran war burried in mass graves that have now been washed into the river? So a whole giant of africa dont even have means to conduct a dna test on the bodies? Who go give info for the 5m? Make olopa grab am say na im kill them abi?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by FreeGlobe(f): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
The police should be held responsible for those dead bodies. I guess those corpse are kidnappers who were summarily killed by the police. Extra judiciary. The police commissioners can spare us their sermons and provide us details of what happened

1 Like

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
How can 50+ lives just be rolling in the river like dead fishes?

Please someone should come with a REASONABLE explanations.

Any one reported missing?

Did they die from apku chopping?
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
How much will it cost a ritualist that can extinguish fifty people to kill one informant worth just N5m?

With the most basic forensic technology, they can actually determine where those corpses hit the waters and perform an autopsy to determine the actual cause of their deaths. That should be the starting point and not announcing cash for info. Shallow thinking if you asked me

I wonder who on earth will come out with some information. The governor should be more intelligent and engage the security agencies as smartly a Fashola or Oshiomole would

7 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by FreeGlobe(f): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez: How much will it cost a ritualist that can extinguish fifty people to kill one informant worth just N5m?

With the most basic forensic technology, they can actually determine where those corpses hit the waters and perform an autopsy to determine the actual cause of their deaths. That should be the starting point and not announcing cash for info. Shallow thinking if you asked me

I wonder who on earth will come out with some information. The governor should be more intelligent and engage the security agencies as smartly a Fashola or Oshiomole would
sorry fashola is as dumb as a dumbling just like you. can you refer us to where that technology has been used before or another drunk typing from you

15 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez: How much will it cost a ritualist that can extinguish fifty people to kill one informant worth just N5m?

With the most basic forensic technology , they can actually determine where those corpses hit the waters and perform an autopsy to determine the actual cause of their deaths. That should be the starting point and not announcing cash for info. Shallow thinking if you asked me

No spare parts for forensic techs grin
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
sorry fashola is as dumb as a dumbling just like you. can you refer us to where that technology has been used before or another drunk typing from you

A forensic test can be as simple as a lab test. Even with my secondary school Chemistry knowledge, I can test the water quality to determine where exactly the corpses were dumped or something close to it, except of course you dropped out of school which is evident in your unintelligent rants

10 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

No spare parts for forensic techs grin

LWKMD!!! grin but there is N5m for an olofofo

5 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by FreeGlobe(f): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

A forensic test can be as simple as a lab test. Even with my secondary school Chemistry knowledge, I can test the water quality to determine where exactly the corpses were dumped or something close to it, except of course you dropped out of school which is evident in your unintelligent rants
it's now evident you are an illiterate. Sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
it's now evident you are an illiterate. Sorry.

You may also wanna read up the following

1. Autopsy (which I'm sure you must have always thought had something to do with cars)
2. Forensic Test (which I'm sure you had always assumed was an aptitude test and you never ever touched it) and
3. Internet bandwidth for dummies

Oponu!

10 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by GARRIx7(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Like some posters have stated, an autopsy to determine the actual circumstances surrounding the deaths ought to be the first step.

Waving 5m to people to lure them to volunteer information is an intellectually lazy approach..

5 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by ba7man(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
At least from what I'v learnt on CSI, Crime and Investigation, forensic detectives etc I should be able to provide clues to solving this mystery. Nairalanders, if u're sharp, pls drop a perceived clue. (1) I'd rule out a boat mishap b'cos there has been no info of a boat large enough to carry over 30 people capsizing and if it did, there would have been a report. (2) there has been no report of a communial clash in that region so that has also been rule out till further investigations.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by FreeGlobe(f): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

You may also wanna read up the following

1. Autopsy (which I'm sure you must have always thought had something to do with cars)
2. Forensic Test (which I'm sure you had always assumed was an aptitude test and you never ever touched it) and
3. Internet bandwidth for dummies

Oponu!
shut up you dumbass, am asking you the 'basic forensic technology that will determine where the corpses hit the water's as you stated. or is it forensic technology from your village shrine. Only thing needed here is an autopsy

3 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
ba7man: At least from what I'v learnt on CSI, Crime and Investigation, forensic detectives etc I should be able to provide clues to solving this mystery. Nairalanders, if u're sharp, pls drop a perceived clue. (1) I'd rule out a boat mishap b'cos there has been no info of a boat large enough to carry over 30 people capsizing and if it did, there would have been a report. (2) there has been no report of a communial clash in that region so that has also been rule out till further investigations.

Abeg help me tell them O! Watching Crime Scene Investigation on TV may be more valuable than all the training some of these security agents here will ever get in their career

3 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
shut up you dumbass, am asking you the 'basic forensic technology that will determine where the corpses hit the water's as you stated. or is it forensic technology from your village shrine. Only thing needed here is an autopsy

I don't argue with eediots like you but simple intelligence should tell you that since the water flows in a direction and there are secretions from a corpse, the part where the secretions begin should give you an idea. Seriously, you have been more stup!d than I thougt

12 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by ba7man(m): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

Abeg help me tell them O! Watching Crime Scene Investigation on TV may be more valuable than all the training some of these security agents here will ever get in their career
True bro....by checking if there's water in their lungs, they can conclude if they were dead b4 they hit the water or if they drowned in it.....starting point.

5 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by FreeGlobe(f): 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

I don't argue with eediots like you but simple intelligence should tell you that since the water flows in a direction and there are secretions from a corpse, the part where the secretions begin should give you an idea. Seriously, you have been more stup!d than I thougt
so how will the secretions not flow with the water? smh

3 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by geeez: 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:

If you poured dettol in a channel that flows with water, will all the dettol leave the spot you poured it in at once? Please add DIFFUSION to the list of topics i asked you to read. Abeg I don tire. Even a six year old should get this

7 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by asha80(m): 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

sorry o but what if it a fast moving river?what if the river is fast enough to carry the body once it is dropped into the water?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:

It will be hard to find evidence, but it's not impossible.

A simple autopsy may possibly tell us when they died and what caused it. I mean c'mon.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by asha80(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

If you poured dettol in a channel that flows with water, will all the dettol leave the spot you poured it in at once? Please add DIFFUSION to the list of topics i asked you to read. Abeg I don tire. Even a six year old should get this

if it is a fast moving river there might be no trace after 2 days.
Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by asha80(m): 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

It will be hard to find evidence, but it's not impossible.

A simple autopsy may possibly tell us when they died and what caused it. I mean c'mon.

the argurement is not the bolded but autopsy revealing the EXACT or NEAR the spot where the bodies were dumped into the river

2 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
asha 80:

the argurement is not the bolded but autopsy revealing the EXACT or NEAR the spot where the bodies were dumped into the river

Are you arguing against yourself?

Autopsy can tell us an estimate of how long the body has been in the river and what possibly caused the death of 50 people.

1 Like

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by FreeGlobe(f): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
geeez:

you are giving me a list of things to read and you are here comparing dettol to human secretion in a 'free flowing water' even neglecting the number of days the bodies must have floated before getting discovered. You my friend is a dullard. Go back to inter science

6 Likes

Re: Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River by asha80(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Are you arguing against yourself?

Autopsy can tell us an estimate of how long the body has been in the river and what possibly caused the death of 50 people.

you are not getting the crux of the argurment between Freeglobe and geez.

this is what geez wrote that Freeglobe is arguing against

read the first sentence of the second paragraph of what geez wrote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo / Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari / Amina Mohammed Meets Chibok Girls (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.