Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? (20641 Views)

Exclusively To Windows 7 Users - How To Make Your Pc Run Faster / How To Make Your Pc Run Faster / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 11:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
The General: pls i use hp pavillion dv6 (8gb ram, 600gb dd.) the fingerprint reader is nomore working after doing new installation. pls any help?
You probably haven't installed the driver. Which DV6 model exactly? I need to know so I can find the driver for you. Also, usually there's a program on your PC which includes all drivers (unless you installed from a retail Windows CD). You can check for drivers CDs that came with your laptop as well.

1 Like

Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by honeypie143: 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
StarFlux: Well, I have an old laptop with Vista which I use for storage, and it has 1,5GB RAM and it runs fine, but I have nearly no background programs running. You need to close the programs. Do you know how to disable startup applications?
No i don't how will i do that please
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ndlife: 11:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
StarFlux: Most laptops will do that just fine. Get something with a 2+ Ghz dual core and Intel 4000 GPU graphics or similar from AMD.
thanks
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ochukoccna: 11:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
mjksho: i have a compaq 615 laptop that refused to display anything on the screen even with d power and wireless lights on,the fan is also working! It runs on AMD athlon and i was told dat getting an AMD motherboard is a serious task.i changed d board after several months search and the i encountered d same problem after three weeks usage.how do i overcome this? Or should i just get a new laptop but the money is the issue coz i'm still a student and my income is limited.
GET A NEW LAPTOP
I too had to dump my HP 9910us laptop
Changed to a new motherboard which failed after 3weeks
Its an HP problem seeing the video chips (mostly NVIDIA/some ATI) were not properly soldered to the motherboard
Dont beef AMD
HP's a$$ got sued like mad in the states over this issue which affected many HP laptop series
If you get a VERY GOOD technician to help reflow the chip(that is IF),you are good to go but I recommend you get another preferably DELL if you can afford it
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
honeypie143:
No i don't how will i do that please
http://unlockforus..no/2008/03/how-to-removedisable-start-up-programs.html
Read this, please. Disable all the unecessary programs. You can always launch them later.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ndlife: 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
StarFlux: Most laptops will do that just fine. Get something with a 2+ Ghz dual core and Intel 4000 GPU graphics or similar from AMD.
sorry which of the product will i choose 4 dis,cos my last laptop was hp pavillion dv6 and it got spoiled before 5 month
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
ndlife: sorry which of the product will i choose 4 dis,cos my last laptop was hp pavillion dv6 and it got spoiled before 5 month
Brand really is not a big deal, but if you have a bad experience with HP, try something new. I have a great experience with Asus.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by mjksho(m): 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
StarFlux: Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot.

i saw that. when i googled d problem.i have attempted that too.it didn't work.i also discovered that wen i gave it to a guy in computer village to repair after d first blackout,d speed dropped from 2.2ghz to 2.0ghz.and barely 3wks after repair it is stll d same.i dnt just know wat to do!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Feraz(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Topic, haven't seen the driver for my fingerprint hardware...using a hp pavilion entertainment notebook pc with win 8...while using win 7 before upgrading, never saw it online from hp store...help needed....thanks
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ichamentor(m): 12:02am On Jan 24, 2013
saxywale:

I disagree.... I use the same system as yours, mine is Icore3. It's very silent even when I am running large programs that eats up ram. PES 2012 and AutoCAD 2010 runs flawlessly on it without noise or excessive heat. It's currently serving me well with no issues at all.

Before that I used pavillion dv6000 on Vista. This has no issues at all as well. It's still working fine till date.

Before the pavilion, I used an Hp omnibook XE3 for over 5years. Its operation is cool as well and served me all through my uni days. I remember finalist tech students always begging to borrow it for their seminars and defense. It was so reliable and strong.

So I have never had any issues with hp laptops in the last 13 years that I have been using them. Maybe cos they were all bought in the UK or yours could be the types produced for middle east and Africa , I do not know. I bought 2branded Dell desktop in between those years and they both failed me within 2years of use.

well,i guess it is different strokes for different folks, as they say. Just that I cannot explain why that would be the case.I was scared at first when i noticed the anomaly, but when i googled the issue and found several people with similar cases, i had to give assume this was more of a general issue from the company, maybe a new technical issue. i bought mine in moscow, by the way
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 12:02am On Jan 24, 2013
mjksho:

i saw that. when i googled d problem.i have attempted that too.it didn't work.i also discovered that wen i gave it to a guy in computer village to repair after d first blackout,d speed dropped from 2.2ghz to 2.0ghz.and barely 3wks after repair it is stll d same.i dnt just know wat to do!
That's strange. It dropped to 2Ghz? You sure the processor wasn't just throttling? Anyway, it seems like it's a lost cause. You sure the repair man didn't change the processor with a weaker one?

Anyway, there's not much else you can do it seems.

Feraz:
Topic, haven't seen the driver for my fingerprint hardware...using a hp pavilion entertainment notebook pc with win 8...while using win 7 before upgrading, never saw it online from hp store...help needed....thanks
Need a model number.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by mjksho(m): 12:02am On Jan 24, 2013
ochukoccna:
GET A NEW LAPTOP
I too had to dump my HP 9910us laptop
Changed to a new motherboard which failed after 3weeks
Its an HP problem seeing the video chips (mostly NVIDIA/some ATI) were not properly soldered to the motherboard
Dont beef AMD
HP's a$$ got sued like mad in the states over this issue which affected many HP laptop series
If you get a VERY GOOD technician to help reflow the chip(that is IF),you are good to go but I recommend you get another preferably DELL if you can afford it

yeah.the chip is ATI. OMG! A new system? I'm messed up? Do u know if its possible to swap dis defective one plus some cash? I took it to a technician; it worked for 3wks and den blacked out on monday!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by dljbd1(m): 12:05am On Jan 24, 2013
mehn...seems lyk God order my step come here. Jst 2nite my system screen no gri display oOo. Ds is 1st tym am xperiencin ds. D system comes on bt notyn on screen. Pls...any solutions? Cos mehn, i need 2use it. Fynx

Hp probook 4515s
3Gig ram
320GB
AMD Turion
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Feraz(m): 12:06am On Jan 24, 2013
StarFlux:

Need a model number.
tx2517cl
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by mjksho(m): 12:08am On Jan 24, 2013
StarFlux: That's strange. It dropped to 2Ghz? You sure the processor wasn't just throttling? Anyway, it seems like it's a lost cause. You sure the repair man didn't change the processor with a weaker one?

Anyway, there's not much else you can do it seems.

Need a model number.

its a compaq 615.wen i checked its stil the same AMD athlon ql-66 processor.ATI radeon graphics with 768mb as memory.infact i didn't know how d drop is possible too.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 12:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Feraz(m): 12:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 12:14am On Jan 24, 2013
Feraz: I'm having error while opening the link....
Doesn't work.

mjksho:

its a compaq 615.wen i checked its stil the same AMD athlon ql-66 processor.ATI radeon graphics with 768mb as memory.infact i didn't know how d drop is possible too.
It is very odd.

dl_jbd: mehn...seems lyk God order my step come here. Jst 2nite my system screen no gri display oOo. Ds is 1st tym am xperiencin ds. D system comes on bt notyn on screen. Pls...any solutions? Cos mehn, i need 2use it. Fynx

Hp probook 4515s
3Gig ram
320GB
AMD Turion
Mjksho has the same problem.

Make sure you didn't disable the screen with a key-shortcut, and try this: Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by mjksho(m): 12:19am On Jan 24, 2013
StarFlux: I can't post it on Nairaland, it doesn't work.

It is very odd.

the whole situation just saddens me.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Feraz(m): 12:20am On Jan 24, 2013
StarFlux: I can't post it on Nairaland, it doesn't work.
thanks all the same
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 12:24am On Jan 24, 2013
Feraz: thanks all the same
Type this into google: tx2517cl
Press the first link, then to go drivers & downloads.

Pick W7 64 - press next - then go to security software. It will work on W8.

mjksho: the whole situation just saddens me.
Yeah sad Very frustrating when things like this happens.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:28am On Jan 24, 2013
seyizma: @threadowner,pls i wanna ask if i should go for this n if it can play games like pes n fifa
New HP G6, Window8,500GB, 4GB
-Window8
-500GB Hard drive
-4GB RAM
-2.3GHZ Processor
-Bluetooth
-Webcam
-intel dual core
-DVD RW
-Wireless
-WLAN
-WiFi
-4USB Ports
-64 bit
-15.6"screen
-6 cells battery

Whats your graphics card??
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by rareman(m): 12:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Pls system screen suddenly changed color, just appeared too bright that u hardly recognise some word and picture. Pls what must have been the cause as I was using when it happened. Pls what can I do thanK u
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 12:31am On Jan 24, 2013
rareman: Pls system screen suddenly changed color, just appeared too bright that u hardly recognise some word and picture. Pls what must have been the cause as I was using when it happened. Pls what can I do thanK u
What is your graphics card? Go into Intel, Nvidia or AMD/ATI control panel and adjust the settings.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:32am On Jan 24, 2013
Feraz:

This is a thread for system requirements. here you go.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:36am On Jan 24, 2013
tellwisdom: Bro, is it that apple MacBook air (Apple generally) don't right click, unless used with mouse?? please advise

Control key and then right click
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Feraz(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2013
StarFlux: Type this into google: tx2517cl
Press the first link, then to go drivers & downloads.

Pick W7 64 - press next - then go to security software. It will work on W8.

Yeah sad Very frustrating when things like this happens.
Am I supposed to use a 64 bit cos I'm running a 32 bit here?
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

WOW I am amazed. didnt know that this thread would go anywhere.

Thank you all and i look forward to answering your questions!!!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Sibrah: WINDOWS 8 4 GB RAM, I3 PROCESSOR FOR A 16GB SQL DATABASE FILE ON SQL AND NETBEANS. WILL IT BE ENOUGH?

Wouldnt really recommend windows 8 but other than that, your good to go!!!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by StarFlux: 12:40am On Jan 24, 2013
Feraz: Am I supposed to use a 64 bit cos I'm running a 32 bit here?
Then go for 32-bit.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2013
francescainnoce: Thanks for this thread as I am about to get my laptop tomorrow.
Please help me out ; im a lover of mini laptops and I am pretty confuse as I am to choose from Samsung 13" and Hp 14".
Both are Intel i3 and both have pretty much space...
Please help which should I go for
Hp or Samsung.
Thou I don't intend to use it for game , but definitely to see movies and do my school works.
Thanks

If you do not intend to play games on it, your good to go. Go with Samsung for the sole reason that

you can get support in nigeria if something where to happen unlike HP.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by brightmon: 12:45am On Jan 24, 2013
why dose my system hang when ever i open google? it just started abt a week ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

24/7 HRS Power Bank For Laptop,Printer, iPAD, BB/PHONES Say No To Power Failure / Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria / Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.