Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

If U Are Observant..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If U Are Observant..... (831 Views)

Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U / Read This If U Are A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Are Observant..... by Babycake(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
If u are Observant,
The missionary came to introduce Christianity to us and it seems we have taken over from them.Our own Nigerian church branches can be found in the USA,LONDON,EUROPE etc...BUT u cant find any foreign owned churches here!
Re: If U Are Observant..... by advocate666: 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
Because others have realised that churches do them more harm than good. But we wallow in foolishness and seef to love suffering. It is only bad and evil things that we sabi export.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 22, 2013
advocate666: Because others have realised that churches do them more harm than good. But we wallow in foolishness and seef to love suffering. It is only bad and evil things that we sabi export.

Re: If U Are Observant..... by okeyxyz(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2013
advocate666: Because others have realised that churches do them more harm than good. But we wallow in foolishness and seef to love suffering. It is only bad and evil things that we sabi export.

What are these harms that you talk about? Can you enlist and briefly describe them so we can see if such "harms" are an exclusively or essentially "churchy" phenomenon? Already some "drone"(@logicboy) is applauding you when you have actually said nothing in particular. You use very vague and abstract words like harm, evil, foolishness, suffering but fail to demonstrate how they are products of churches.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by advocate666: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2013
okeyxyz:

What are these harms that you talk about? Can you enlist and briefly describe them so we can see if such "harms" are an exclusively or essentially "churchy" phenomenon? Already some "drone"(@logicboy) is applauding you when you have actually said nothing in particular. You use very vague and abstract words like harm, evil, foolishness, suffering but fail to demonstrate how they are products of churches.

I will answer your questions.

But first take a close look and tell me what, if anything, is wrong with this photo.

Which of these two men is actually in charge?
Re: If U Are Observant..... by okeyxyz(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2013
advocate666:

I will answer your questions.

But first take a close look and tell me what, if anything, is wrong with this photo.

Which of these two men is actually in charge?

Bros!! You dey fall hand seriously. I expect a good argument from you and you throw-up this picture used to incite "drones" who cannot think for themselves?
Since when did the office of president nullify the christianity of jonathan? Does your secular office\job nullify your believe in satan? Is it not true that you practice your satanism either in your privacy or the in congregation of fellow satanists? So why can't Jonathan subject himself to his christainity either in his privacy or in the congregation of fellow christians. Jonathan is president of Nigeria, not president of RCCG. As far as christianity is concerned, Jonathan is simply a mere servant and subject to same treatment as fellow servants in christianity and Adeboye is supreme leader over him.

If you cannot grasp this simple logic(A secular logic for that matter), I may have to stop seeking your opinions any further. How can you fail to see that jonathan plays different roles in different life scenarios? In his private life, your president is probably ruled and dominated by his wife or girlfriend who "slaps" him around, To his son, his is just a dad, to his mom(if she's still alive) he'd alway be her baby, etc. But here you are trying to usurp all human freedoms and functions by the one single "office of the presidency". Please remind me again: what's the meaning of evil??
Re: If U Are Observant..... by advocate666: 10:25am On Jan 22, 2013
okeyxyz:

Bros!! You dey fall hand seriously. I expect a good argument from you and you throw-up this picture used to incite "drones" who cannot think for themselves?
Since when did the office of president nullify the christianity of jonathan? Does your secular office\job nullify your believe in satan? Is it not true that you practice your satanism either in your privacy or the in congregation of fellow satanists? So why can't Jonathan subject himself to his christainity either in his privacy or in the congregation of fellow christians. Jonathan is president of Nigeria, not president of RCCG. As far as christianity is concerned, Jonathan is simply a mere servant and subject to same treatment as fellow servants in christianity and Adeboye is supreme leader over him.

If you cannot grasp this simple logic(A secular logic for that matter), I may have to stop seeking your opinions any further. How can you fail to see that jonathan plays different roles in different life scenarios? In his private life, your president is probably ruled and dominated by his wife or girlfriend who "slaps" him around, To his son, his is just a dad, to his mom(if she's still alive) he'd alway be her baby, etc. But here you are trying to usurp all human freedoms and functions by the one single "office of the presidency". Please remind me again: what's the meaning of evil??

Chai! I wasn't expecting that. That photo really had you going. However you made a very important point: "and Adeboye is supreme leader over him."
This answer shows you the harm of religion to our country. You are right, his private life may also be harming the country but it is "irrelevant" in that it concerns him only and he doesn't indulge in orgy with 150 million nigerians as he does in his religious life. I do grasp your secular logic. You are the one that is misunderstanding it. Personal and private beliefs should be personal and private.

That photo is an attack on human psychology. If a mad man can dominate your leader like that, what hope do the rest of us have?

Anyway to answer your questions, religion means abandonning your responsibilities to a being whose existence can only be proven in your imagination. Religion means putting a stop to the use of one's brains and mental faculties to the betterment of oneself because it doesn't matter what you do or not do, only god's will can be done. This is why there is no single technology nigeria has ever invented. We have become perpetual slaves, both physically and mentally.

Tell me what GEJ achieved by wasting 4 hours kneeling in front of a deranged man?

It is harmful, it is foolish and it is evil.

Evil is conciously doing something that would cause another to unnecessary harm.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by okeyxyz(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2013
advocate666:
Chai! I wasn't expecting that. That photo really had you going. However you made a very important point: "and Adeboye is supreme leader over him."
This answer shows you the harm of religion to our country. You are right, his private life may also be harming the country but it is "irrelevant" in that it concerns him only and he doesn't indulge in orgy with 150 million nigerians as he does in his religious life. I do grasp your secular logic. You are the one that is misunderstanding it. Personal and private beliefs should be personal and private.

That photo is an attack on human psychology. If a mad man can dominate your leader like that, what hope do the rest of us have?

You keep using the label mad-man, but like your first post on this thread, you have failed to demonstrate how this person is a mad man. Just giving a person a label does not make such label logical, let alone true.

Anyway to answer your questions, religion means abandonning your responsibilities to a being whose existence can only be proven in your imagination. Religion means putting a stop to the use of one's brains and mental faculties to the betterment of oneself because it doesn't matter what you do or not do, only god's will can be done. This is why there is no single technology nigeria has ever invented. We have become perpetual slaves, both physically and mentally.

Tell me what GEJ achieved by wasting 4 hours kneeling in front of a deranged man?

It is harmful, it is foolish and it is evil.

Evil is conciously doing something that would cause another to unnecessary harm.

Here you go again, reeling out the same catch-phrases popular with most unthinking atheists of nairaland, saying that religion makes a man abandon his intellect. Can you point me to anywhere in the bible where christians(I speak as a christian) are commanded to abandon logic and learning? You guys keep trying to debunk "claims" that were never made in the first place. WHo are these mad-men "who don't use their intellect" by the way? Is it Enoch Adeboye who has a PhD in applied mathematics from the University of Lagos, and worked as a lecturer in mathematics at the universities of Lagos and Ilorin(Wikipedia);? Is it Jonathan who holds a B.S. degree in Zoology in which he attained Second Class Honours. He holds an M.Sc. degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries biology, and a Ph.D. degree in Zoology from the University of Port Harcourt.(Wikipedia) You have the effrontery to accuse religious people of not using their brains, yet your arguments show that it is you and your like who are guilty of this laziness when you recite these mantras of accusations that make no sense at all, and without any shred of evidence. You just say them because some "cool" idol of yours like Richard Dawkins says so. Bros!! please try and think for yourself.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by advocate666: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2013
Mr Okey, abeg forget degrees and PHD. Nigerians are good at acquiring all sorts of useless certificates. It means nothing. Do you know that Iraq had 99% literacy rate before the war? So yeye diplomas means nothing.

I have demostrated the evils of religion. I am aware that I have to lower my IQ and speak to you like you were 6 years old before I start making sense to you, but zig-zagging my IQ for the sake of indoctrinated morons just gives me unwanted headaches.

Another way of putting my argument is to say that religion is not doing us any good, where the onus is now on you to provide proof of what good religion has done us.

I say it once more, despite all our religiousness (and degrees and certificates), we have not invented a single technology. NOT ONE. Even the cherished religion self, we did not invent.

Calling him a mad mad was an euphemism because what he is suffering from is beyond madness. At least mad people could be cured.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by enilove(m): 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Satan wants people to forget God.If Jonathan had gone to an harbalist, many of you would have complained and say he is not serving God.The fact that you are a president does not mean you should forget God.Infact that is when you need prayers and fasting the more.He did not kneel down for Pastor Adeboye but the God Almighty.
This shows humility.In 2chronicle12:12 it reads"And when he humbled himself,the wrath of God turned from him,that He would not destroy him altogether:and also in Judah things went well".
In 2chronicle 7:14.It saysif "If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves,and pray,and seek my face,and turn from their wicked ways;then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin,and will heal their land".
Math.18:4 Jesus said whosoever there4 shall humble himself as this little child,the same is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
It was pride that made satan to start imagining being like God, which now put him in this state he is now.
If a president could show us that he reference God,what is the matter with we the followers.Even a mere clerk in a local govt would be boasting ,"do you know who i am ,am I the one you are talking to like that"."pride ".
Before God you are nobody, no matter how highly placed you are.

Johnathan is a wise man indeed.Before he bacame somebody ,when nobody knew him ,he could kneel down to God and pray, now that he is a president he is still humbling himself be4God because he knows his days in the office of the presidency is numbered.
But nobody voted pastor Adeboye into the office of General over seer of RCCG.
Spiritual matters are different from wordly matters.If Pastor Adeboye goes to Asu Rock to visit President Goodluck Jonathan,he dare not enter without invitation.Even if allowed to enter, he can not have his seat until Jonathan asks him to.

Jonathan and the whole Nigeria needs prayers more especially against the satanic chidren called Gboko Aram and the likes.
The devil is the father of all liers .When people are going about their businesses peacefully,the satanic children would be planning how to shedd their innocent blood and latter be shouting "god is great".They will also be the first to accus you.

By their fruits you shall know them.They can kill without remorse because the spirit inside them is the spirit of the devil their father.They are the troubler of the peace of Nigeria.And they are liers ,they can never repent cos of the spirit in them.
If God is the creator of man kind,He does not need the assistance of anyone be4 taking such life.

Everyone needs to pray because the anti Christ is at work , and has his human agents around.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by enilove(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
Satan wants people to forget God.If Jonathan had gone to an harbalist, many of you would have complained and say he is not serving God.The fact that you are a president does not mean you should forget God.Infact that is when you need prayers and fasting the more.He did not kneel down for Pastor Adeboye but the God Almighty.
This shows humility.In 2chronicle12:12 it reads"And when he humbled himself,the wrath of God turned from him,that He would not destroy him altogether:and also in Judah things went well".
In 2chronicle 7:14.It saysif "If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves,and pray,and seek my face,and turn from their wicked ways;then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin,and will heal their land".
Math.18:4 Jesus said whosoever there4 shall humble himself as this little child,the same is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
It was pride that made satan to start imagining being like God, which now put him in this state he is now.
If a president could show us that he reference God,what is the matter with we the followers.Even a mere clerk in a local govt would be boasting ,"do you know who i am ,am I the one you are talking to like that"."pride ".
Before God you are nobody, no matter how highly placed you are.

Johnathan is a wise man indeed.Before he bacame somebody ,when nobody knew him ,he could kneel down to God and pray, now that he is a president he is still humbling himself be4God because he knows his days in the office of the presidency is numbered.
But nobody voted pastor Adeboye into the office of General over seer of RCCG.
Spiritual matters are different from wordly matters.If Pastor Adeboye goes to Asu Rock to visit President Goodluck Jonathan,he dare not enter without invitation.Even if allowed to enter, he can not have his seat until Jonathan asks him to.

Jonathan and the whole Nigeria needs prayers more especially against the satanic chidren called Gboko Aram and the likes.
The devil is the father of all liers .When people are going about their businesses peacefully,the satanic children would be planning how to shedd their innocent blood and latter be shouting "god is great".They will also be the first to accus you.

By their fruits you shall know them.They can kill without remorse because the spirit inside them is the spirit of the devil their father.They are the troubler of the peace of Nigeria.And they are liers ,they can never repent cos of the spirit in them.
If God is the creator of man kind,He does not need the assistance of anyone be4 taking such life.

Everyone needs to pray because the anti Christ is at work , and has his human agents around.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by advocate666: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^ the sickness has reached the bone marrow.
Re: If U Are Observant..... by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
advocate666: ^^^ the sickness has reached the bone marrow.

Tell me about it....trying to preach ones way out of logic
Re: If U Are Observant..... by Babycake(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
I see digression

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Easter Sermon / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 17th May, 2013 You Are God S Eyes By Pastor E. / The Uniqueness Of Trinity- Amazing Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.