Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet (22788 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? / Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by taharqa: 6:13am On Jan 23, 2013

Six states of the federation will experience power outage on Saturday and Sunday, the Transmission Company of Nigeria has said.

A statement issued by the Assistant General Manager, Public Affairs, TCN, Mr. Dave Ifabiyi, in Abuja on Tuesday, named the states as Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and parts of Benue

According to Ifabiyi, the light out will enable the company’s contractors enhance the capacity of the transmission system that serves the affected areas.

He said, “In the bid to complete the final connection works on the new double circuit 330kV transmission line from Benin, in Edo State, to Onitsha, in Anambra State, and the associated substation at Onitsha, there will be power interruption to Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo states in the eastern part of the federation, as well as parts of Benue State on Saturday, January 26 and Sunday, January 27, 2013.

“The crucial final connection works to be carried out by our contractors, having completed the stringing of 330kV double circuit transmission line across River Niger, aim at enhancing the transmission capacity in the area and improving grid power delivery and reliability nationwide
.”

Ifabiyi added that TCN regretted any inconveniences the two-day power interruption would cause the governments and people of the affected states.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/six-states-to-experience-two-day-blackout-tcn/
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by braine(m): 6:16am On Jan 23, 2013
Lol. As if they're not already used longer periods without electricity. Moreover, are the 6 states are to share the 330kV? Half loaf is better than no bread at all anyway.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by taharqa: 6:23am On Jan 23, 2013
So okay, those of una in Enugu (sincere9jerian et al), Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi, Abia and Benue prepare for COMPLETE DARKNESS for 2 days (on Saturday and Sunday- make una pray say e no even pass 2 days sef). Thank me later for the info, LOL..

Meanwhile, it is REALLY GREAT news that the very critical Benin-Onitsha 330KV Double circuit Transmission line is nearing completion. This line with 2 others (Afam-Jos and Alaoji-Warri-Onitsha), with some other shorter lines, are extremely critical in shoring up the Transmission infrastructure of Nigeria in the short and middle term to be able to wheel about 8500MW on-grid power successfully. Dont know the present state of the other two though.

http://www.nigeriaelectricityprivatisation.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/03/Roadmap-for-Power-Sector-Reform-Full-Version.pdf pg 78
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by wesley8: 6:25am On Jan 23, 2013
Fair enough.
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by GARRIx7(m): 6:27am On Jan 23, 2013
Reminds me of when a road in my area was being tarred. People rained insults on the contractors during the construction. because of the inconvenience they suffered during the construction..

THEY LOST SIGHT OF THE BIGGER PICTURE...

4 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by wesley8: 6:33am On Jan 23, 2013
^ Thank you Gbawe.

1 Like

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 23, 2013
Lolzzzz...so Gbawe is now Garri(x7)?

Nothing wey person no go hear for this forum.. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 23, 2013
Gbawe = Garri (x7). Who'd have thunk? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by GARRIx7(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2013
Wendyslim: hmmmmm seun i hail ooooooo. I love dis forum cheesy grin cheesy

Yes ooo

Henceforth you guys should address me as:

BANorable SEUN OSEWA (G.C.E., SSCE, VCD),
Executive Secretary of G.P.A.N...... Controversial

Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa (© 2005 - 2013).

5 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 23, 2013
Its already d 5th day in PH.

No lite yet....
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by wesley8: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Yes ooo

Henceforth you guys should address me as:

BANorable SEUN OSEWA (G.C.E., SSCE, VCD),
Executive Secretary of G.P.A.N...... Controversial

No sir, I'd rather stick with Gbawe.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by GARRIx7(m): 9:04am On Jan 23, 2013
wesley8:
No sir, I'd rather stick with Gbawe.

Ok oooo....

Its great to be associated with one of the most analytical and cerebral posters in the Politics Section....

Thanks for the compliment....

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by wesley8: 9:32am On Jan 23, 2013
^ But of course it should be!
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Igwe9(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2013
Hopefully, there is gonna be light at the end of the tunnel! smiley
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by blessbe: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2013
wat about delta state,nothin to write about
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by kudiice(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2013
We hope so ooooooh! Because no be today We don dey Hear story!
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Onyenna(m): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2013
...Let's hope this will seriously improve power supply.....
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by caesaraba(m): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2013
No wahala. Y'all should do a good job. Jah bless.
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by 6ft: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2013
I HV BEEN IN DARKNESS FOR 3 DAYS EVEN B4 D SAT/SUN N STILL COUNTING...
fyi i'm in abj

wtfundecided
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Tolexander: 10:08am On Jan 23, 2013
so na PHCN blackout na e dm go witness? Na 2day dm don dey experience a 7day blackout.
When i saw the topic, i thought it was even solar blackout.

1 Like

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Odunnu: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Thank you for this piece of information. It has settled my decision. I have to take the time to visit family. cheesy
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2013
A Yoruba Man and an Igbo man
were caught in Saudi Arabia,
sharing a smuggled barrel of
beer. They were arrested and
taken
to the Sheikh's palace for questioning and judgement. The
yoruba man lied that the igbo
man smuggled and forced him to
drink the beer!! Both were
initially
given a death sentence but, as it was a national holiday, the
sheikh decided they should be
released after some lashes of
the whip. As they were
preparing for
their punishment, the sheikh said, "It's my first wife's
birthday
today and she asked me to
allow each of you 2 wishes
before your whipping, but you
cannot wish not to be whipped!" The yoruba man thought for a
second then said: "Please tie two
pillows to my back before
whipping." And
my second wish is that you flog
me only 20 strokes of the whip. He was whipped, and luckily for
him, the pillows helped to make
the pain of the whip lesser.:$
The igbo man saw this; thought
for a second, then said: "Thank
you, most royal and merciful highness for the wishes. My
first wish is to receive 100 lashes
with the strongest..., toughest
whip available." :O
"If you so desire," the sheikh
replied with a puzzled look on his face..., " and your second wish?"
igbo man replies: "Tie the yoruba
man to my back....
Yoruba man faints...

26 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nairastake: 10:11am On Jan 23, 2013
braine: Lol. As if they're not already used longer periods without electricity. Moreover, are the 6 states are to share the 330kV? Half loaf is better than no bread at all anyway.
NO! We are not used to longer period of light out here in Enugu for the past one year.

It won't be easy for us, but since its for improvement,they should carry on.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Odunnu: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013
HNosegbe: Gbawe = Garri (x7). Who'd have thunk? cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by precosmos1: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013
As if there have light,i weep for my country
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Chuksgeo: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Wil this affect the price of garri in the market?
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by initiator(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2013
There is even no light in Dolphin since sunday. Festac too had blackout for days. What's happening?
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by jude33084(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2013
braine: Lol. As if they're not already used longer periods without electricity. Moreover, are the 6 states are to share the 330kV? Half loaf is better than no bread at all anyway.

don"t mind them, they are just trying to make headlines cool
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:20am On Jan 23, 2013
dessy002: A Yoruba Man and an Igbo man
were caught in Saudi Arabia,
sharing a smuggled barrel of
beer. They were arrested and
taken
to the Sheikh's palace for questioning and judgement. The
yoruba man lied that the igbo
man smuggled and forced him to
drink the beer!! Both were
initially
given a death sentence but, as it was a national holiday, the
sheikh decided they should be
released after some lashes of
the whip. As they were
preparing for
their punishment, the sheikh said, "It's my first wife's
birthday
today and she asked me to
allow each of you 2 wishes
before your whipping, but you
cannot wish not to be whipped!" The yoruba man thought for a
second then said: "Please tie two
pillows to my back before
whipping." And
my second wish is that you flog
me only 20 strokes of the whip. He was whipped, and luckily for
him, the pillows helped to make
the pain of the whip lesser.:$
The igbo man saw this; thought
for a second, then said: "Thank
you, most royal and merciful highness for the wishes. My
first wish is to receive 100 lashes
with the strongest..., toughest
whip available." :O
"If you so desire," the sheikh
replied with a puzzled look on his face..., " and your second wish?"
igbo man replies: "Tie the yoruba
man to my back....
Yoruba man faints...
this is not funny go to jokes forum.boobish

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isah Misau: "Arase Promoted Junior Officers Above Their Due Rank" / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / New Notes: Please Exercise Further Patience - Buhari To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.