Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet (22789 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? / Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by metti(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
dessy002: A Yoruba Man and an Igbo man
were caught in Saudi Arabia,
sharing a smuggled barrel of
beer. They were arrested and
taken
to the Sheikh's palace for questioning and judgement. The
yoruba man lied that the igbo
man smuggled and forced him to
drink the beer!! Both were
initially
given a death sentence but, as it was a national holiday, the
sheikh decided they should be
released after some lashes of
the whip. As they were
preparing for
their punishment, the sheikh said, "It's my first wife's
birthday
today and she asked me to
allow each of you 2 wishes
before your whipping, but you
cannot wish not to be whipped!" The yoruba man thought for a
second then said: "Please tie two
pillows to my back before
whipping." And
my second wish is that you flog
me only 20 strokes of the whip. He was whipped, and luckily for
him, the pillows helped to make
the pain of the whip lesser.:$
The igbo man saw this; thought
for a second, then said: "Thank
you, most royal and merciful highness for the wishes. My
first wish is to receive 100 lashes
with the strongest..., toughest
whip available." :O
"If you so desire," the sheikh
replied with a puzzled look on his face..., " and your second wish?"
igbo man replies: "Tie the yoruba
man to my back....
Yoruba man faints...
What is the relationship between this your joke and the thread? Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by somegirl1: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and parts of Benue

which is the sixth state?
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by sunstyle(m): 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Tonyblinky(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
Na today?

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by pazienza(m): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
some-girl:

which is the sixth state?
Anambra
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by lifesabeach: 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
My biggest concern is security for these people. Armed robbers may start planning. Make dem just prepare themselves sha. God dey undecided
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by chudyboy05(m): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Wether lyt dey or no dey na dem sabi. We're used to darkness when gen broke down. Paying nepa bill dat one didn't use; sh*t!
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Davidogar(m): 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
if naija said 2 days dat's means is 2 weeks.??
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
metti:
What is the relationship between this your joke and the thread? Are you okay?

Na the relationship gan gan dey between the joke and the thread or Na the joke gan gan dey between the relationship and the thread.
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
But the blackout started 3 days ago on sunday(20th) in Makurdi. i guess by saying ' 2 days', they meant 2 weeks.
BTW, if its to affect largely the SE states and 'parts of Benue', isnt the part of benue that will be affected be the half side of the state closer to the SE? so why is there total black out in Makurdi?
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Ikwerefistson: 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
taharqa: So okay, those of una in Enugu (sincere9jerian et al), Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi, Abia and Benue prepare for COMPLETE DARKNESS for 2 days (on Saturday and Sunday- make una pray say e no even pass 2 days sef). Thank me later for the info, LOL..

Meanwhile, it is REALLY GREAT news that the very critical Benin-Onitsha 330KV Double circuit Transmission line is nearing completion. This line with 2 others (Afam-Jos and Alaoji-Warri-Onitsha), with some other shorter lines, are extremely critical in shoring up the Transmission infrastructure of Nigeria in the short and middle term to be able to wheel about 8500MW on-grid power successfully. Dont know the present state of the other two though.

http://www.nigeriaelectricityprivatisation.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/03/Roadmap-for-Power-Sector-Reform-Full-Version.pdf pg 78
y re u guys lyk ds.if we tak a crictical lok at u,u hav nt done anytn positive 2 afects somones lyf befor.atleast learn 2 apreciate nija 4 once phcn hs improvd a bit even d areas ure mentiong hav fairly stable electricity suply wic am a beneficiary i leav in owere.so kep ur see no gud in any one nature 2ur sf wedar u lyk it or nt d present electricity generatn is a plus one 2 gejs gov.bludy sadist
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by GARRIx7(m): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ikwere fist son: y re u guys lyk ds.if we tak a crictical lok at u,u hav nt done anytn positive 2 afects somones lyf befor.atleast learn 2 apreciate nija 4 once phcn hs improvd a bit even d areas ure mentiong hav fairly stable electricity suply wic am a beneficiary i leav in owere.so kep ur see no gud in any one nature 2ur sf wedar u lyk it or nt d present electricity generatn is a plus one 2 gejs gov.bludy sadist

You just attacked a fellow JONATHANIAN...

cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by awodman: 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

You just attacked a fellow JONATHANIAN...

cheesy
Dats τ̅☺ show U̶̲̥̅̊ d level of intelligence of some peeps here
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
Boring?
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by razznaija(f): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mtcheww I thought they were talking about states in the U.S self.
*Leaving thread*
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Ikwerefistson: 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Reminds me of when a road in my area was being tarred. People rained insults on the contractors during the construction. because of the inconvenience they suffered during the construction..

THEY LOST SIGHT OF THE BIGGER PICTURE...
even in nl frendly fire is allowd
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Fidelcruiz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Rubbish. Even they ve disconnected the light before the friday and sunday because for the past 2 days now we have not seen light in my area Oguii Enugu
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by taharqa: 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ikwere fist son: y re u guys lyk ds.if we tak a crictical lok at u,u hav nt done anytn positive 2 afects somones lyf befor.atleast learn 2 apreciate nija 4 once phcn hs improvd a bit even d areas ure mentiong hav fairly stable electricity suply wic am a beneficiary i leav in owere.so kep ur see no gud in any one nature 2ur sf wedar u lyk it or nt d present electricity generatn is a plus one 2 gejs gov.bludy sadist

Na wa for you o.....
Re: 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet by Azukaorji(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2013
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha..nija make people laph always....d last time i visit anambra..no light 4 almost 2weeks..y ar they telln us about black out dat will last 4 only 2 days.hmmmmmm..i suspect foul play ooooo..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impeachment: Nyako Declares Public Holiday / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / New Notes: Please Exercise Further Patience - Buhari To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.