Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,715 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? (10368 Views)

Agatu In Total Ruin — UN / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? / 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Babakenny(m): 7:33pm On May 18, 2012
Both Ondo and Ekiti states are totally shut out of electricity supply for nearly 7 days now. It started on Friday 6th May,2012 up till now and today makes it a week.

What I don't understand is why government is not doing anything to address the situation. I don't know if the problem affect Osogbo too, because that's where the supply comes from to both Ondo and Ekiti States.. This is barbaric and only God knows when this nation will develop from erractic supply of electricity or should I call it no 'electricity at all?'

Give us light oooo so that we can watch the CHELSEA match tomorrow...

Up CHELSEA!!! WE ARE NEW CHAMPION!!!!!
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by aljharem(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2012
Yes electricity is improving. Up GEJ !!!
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On May 18, 2012
Fresh Air for the whole nation . . . Up Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 18, 2012
Wow, not on my side. It stays constant for about 25hrs/day wink Thank you, mr. "I vow to keep electricity constant".
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Areosapien(f): 7:56pm On May 18, 2012
I think Ekiti state should be ceded off to Benin Republic, so the entire land can be used by the Beninoise for banana plantation.

7 Likes

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On May 18, 2012
Areosapien: I think Ekiti state should be ceded off to Benin Republic, so the entire land can be used by the Beninoise for banana plantation.

You wicked no be small oh
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 18, 2012
Babakenny: Both Ondo and Ekiti states are totally shut out of electricity supply for nearly 7 days now. It started on Friday 6th May,2012 up till now and today makes it a week.

What I don't understand is why government is not doing anything to address the situation. I don't know if the problem affect Osogbo too, because that's where the supply comes from to both Ondo and Ekiti States.. This is barbaric and only God knows when this nation will develop from erractic supply of electricity or should I call it no 'electricity at all?'

Give us light oooo so that we can watch the CHELSEA match tomorrow...

Up CHELSEA!!! WE ARE NEW CHAMPION!!!!!
THE STATE GOVERNMENTS NOW HAVE MANDATE TO GENERATE ELECTRICITY, CONTACT YOUR GOVERNOR
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 18, 2012
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by WhoIGoAsk: 9:23pm On May 18, 2012
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Delafruita(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: THE STATE GOVERNMENTS NOW HAVE MANDATE TO GENERATE ELECTRICITY, CONTACT YOUR GOVERNOR
so because the states have mandate to generate electricity,the light would appear magically.how many years do you assume it would take the states to achieve their objectives?besides the states are supposed to supplement and not be the sole provider
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 9:28pm On May 18, 2012
Why do you need power when there is fresh air?

3 Likes

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 18, 2012
Delafruita:
so because the states have mandate to generate electricity,the light would appear magically.how many years do you assume it would take the states to achieve their objectives?besides the states are supposed to supplement and not be the sole provider
IT WILL TAKE LESS THAN A YEAR, HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IT COST A STATE GOVERNOR TO BUY A PRIVATE JET. THAT MONEY CAN BUILD A POWER STATION FOR 5 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Omexonomy: 9:34pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem: Yes electricity is improving. Up GEJ !!!
why call gej in everything that went wrong in side ur parlour why not call ur governor who allocate trillions of naira on power without result
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by sylve11: 9:34pm On May 18, 2012
Areosapien: I think Ekiti state should be ceded off to Benin Republic, so the entire land can be used by the Beninoise for banana plantation.

lol grin grin cool
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:
why call gej in everything that went wrong in side ur parlour why not call ur governor who allocate trillions of naira on power without result
DONT MIND HIM, HE IS SUFFERING FROM A CORPORATE MALIGNANT DEPENDENCY
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Omexonomy: 9:38pm On May 18, 2012
you are right since their governor does not know what to do other blamd gej for all thier problem
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Dejohnbull: 9:40pm On May 18, 2012
Black states in black nations wit black problem b sence b gvmt & governors in total black out in a sorry nation?
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 18, 2012
SOMETIMES I REALLY WONDER WHAT THE JOBS OF THE GOVERNORS ARE, COS PEOPLE KEEP BLAMING PRESIDENT FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN ANY STATE
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by tjadeba(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2012

You are right grin grin but will happen to my father and grandfather's properties? sad sad
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 9:46pm On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: SOMETIMES I REALLY WONDER WHAT THE JOBS OF THE GOVERNORS ARE, COS PEOPLE KEEP BLAMING PRESIDENT FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN ANY STATE
Perhaps you can help us beg those federal fools for true federalism cos they are in charge of power and are doing a piss poor job of it. Who should we call? Do the governors control the transmission lines that are defective?

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Omexonomy: 9:47pm On May 18, 2012
Delafruita:
let ur governor continue to decive you while they continue to steal ur wealth a gas turbine cost less than the amount ur governors spend on thier numeros girl friend in the club.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by otokx(m): 9:48pm On May 18, 2012
Its the same thing in my area of greater port harcourt, it is alleged that heavy rain brought down some poles in the emohua area which evacuates power from omoku gas turbine, this is like the 7th day and there is no end in sight. Thw worst thing is that on the 13th day the poles would be fixed and on the 16th day another rain would fall and maybe bring down more poles in the ndele area so back to square zero meanwhile the bills are always the same and increasing in the midst of darkness.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by aljharem(m): 9:56pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:

Why would I not call GEJ, did my governor tell me they would produce electricity for us or did GEJ promise so ?

3 Likes

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 9:58pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem:

Why would I not call GEJ, did my governor tell me they would produce electricity for us or did GEJ promise so ?
Abi ooooo
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Delafruita(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: IT WILL TAKE LESS THAN A YEAR, HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IT COST A STATE GOVERNOR TO BUY A PRIVATE JET. THAT MONEY CAN BUILD A POWER STATION FOR 5 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS
does your post make sense?how do you expect a state like ekiti that gets 1.4billion naira monthly as allocation with a wage bill of almost 1.2billion to afford a power station sufficient for ekiti state in one year?lets analyse our comments and ensure they are sensible before clicking submit

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by bakila: 10:08pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:
let ur governor continue to decive you while they continue to steal ur wealth a gas turbine cost less than the amount ur governors spend on thier numeros girl friend in the club.

No divert or derail matter, Power is within the constituency of GEJ. IF NO BE SO WITHIN BATH NNAJI dey do for this country. To chop money abi?

Any me I be IPP for my needs,
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by bakila: 10:10pm On May 18, 2012
otokx: Its the same thing in my area of greater port harcourt, it is alleged that heavy rain brought down some poles in the emohua area which evacuates power from omoku gas turbine, this is like the 7th day and there is no end in sight. Thw worst thing is that on the 13th day the poles would be fixed and on the 16th day another rain would fall and maybe bring down more poles in the ndele area so back to square zero meanwhile the bills are always the same and increasing in the midst of darkness.

For Niger Delta too.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by tundesto(m): 10:10pm On May 18, 2012
We got light now about 10minutes ago.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by MrGlobe(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2012
I said this before in another thread but nobody paid me attention. Instead of benin however, I suggested the whole ekiti should be used as Nigerian farm
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Delafruita(m): 10:13pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:
who is this?are you sure you know how nigeria operates?power generation is solely a federal government affair.the states government decided to contribute their own quota by building IPPs but as i recall OBJ insisted the IPPs were to generate power to the national grid for redistribution round the country.this discouraged many states who felt the IPPs would generate solely for their states.yaradua soft pedalled a little by agreeing to give states the generate electricity preference in distribution but their IPPs were still to generate to the national grid.people dont even understand the complexities involved.they just make baseless assumptions
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by bakila: 10:15pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:

My brother you slow well well, so GEJ's Goverment no fit provide that kin thing. Men I just pressed the dislike/unlike button to that your slow comment. Since you dont know that the budget for power goes goes to FGN.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by MrGlobe(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: SOMETIMES I REALLY WONDER WHAT THE JOBS OF THE GOVERNORS ARE, COS PEOPLE KEEP BLAMING PRESIDENT FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN ANY STATE
the president is to be blamed in this particular case afterall according to ghost worker Namadi Sambo Nigerians would have been enjoying 24/7 electricity if yaradua (bless his soul) is still in power

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bizzare: Aregbesola Introduces Ifa As A Subject In Osun State Schools / Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures / Sanwo-olu To Turn Campaign Offices To Citizens Consultative Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.