Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

"N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" (1116 Views)

Dog Business Made Me Rich Thanks To This Free Online Training And Books / 12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / Why Can't I Find A Genuine Secret Cult That Can Make Me Rich And Connect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by intrepid: 11:37am On Jan 23, 2013
An intern colleague of mine gets the above amount each month but says the money is not enough to make anyone rich.I dont understand him because I know people who earn 65k but they dont say anything like this......However people,i'd like to ask,"What can one do with 65k/month in Nigeria?Is it possible to become financially free on that amount when someone on 135k says 'not possible'?.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Seun(m): 11:58am On Jan 23, 2013
It depends on where you live. If you live in Lagos Island or Abuja, N135k is nothing. If you live in a village, then it's a lot of money.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Like Seun rightly pointed out, the value of money is relative. 135k to him may not be enough but to a prudent and financially literate person the same amount might go a long way. There are some investments one can do with as little as 200k and would have far reaching and multiplier effects on one's financial position in the future.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by kevoh(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mod,Can this make frontpage please.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by intrepid: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Seun: It depends on where you live. If you live in Lagos Island or Abuja, N135k is nothing. If you live in a small town, it's a lot of money.
He lives in Enugu.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by buJu234: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
from my experience I have learnt that u don bcom rich nor wealthy because u earn high pay; but its because of good personal financial management.

which is simply breakdown into REDUCING YOUR DEBTS & EXPENSES THEN INCREASE YOUR SAVINGS & STREAMS OF INCOME.

with this u will bcom rich & wealthy soonest.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
buJu-234:
from my experience I have learnt that u don bcom rich nor wealthy because u earn high pay; but its because of good personal financial management.

which is simply breakdown into REDUCING YOUR DEBTS & EXPENSES THEN INCREASE YOUR SAVINGS & STREAMS OF INCOME.

with this u will bcom rich & wealthy soonest.
#WORD
I'm constAntly thinking of how to add to my streams of income rather than depending on just one source. Just doesn't appeal to me no matter how fat the pay check is.
There's no 100% security anywhere so I'd rather have several sources of income as against receiving a fat pay check at the end of each month.
NOTE
You can never be richer than your employer because he engages half of your time and makes more money with it.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by bigfat: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
[size=15pt]HE HAS TO f&^$@#$@$#@ plan even if you stay in VI you can have still targets and strategies that you must and have to devise OUT ,be in touch with the right people.YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR BILLIONS TO FALL FROM HEAVEN,haven't yo seen billionaires in the states JUMP FROM SKYSCRAPERS BECOS OF DEBT.do research and have a BACKUP PLAN ---> MY BACKUP PLAN NO. 7 ... TRY TO win a GOVERNMENT CONTRACT..[/size] grin
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
135k is truly barely enough to make a person rich. Now rich is the word not wealthy, after daily living expense is deducted what is left and what venture will it sustain to make him rich.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Charlesnerd: 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
The word "rich" is relative.To someone who barely feeds once a day,that amount is a crazy sum,to others,its not.

However,if your able to manage a little sum,that is a good indication you'd be able to manage a huge one when you get the opportunity.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
I wish i could be earning up to or more than that.
Re: "N135k/month Cannot Make Me Rich" by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
jammyng: I wish i could be earning up to or more than that.
You can even do far better than that bro! Just stay focus and determined.

(1) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Boutique Business? / E-mails From Scammers! / Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.