Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? (1125 Views)

New Gtbank Mobile Money Transfer And Recharge: Risky? / Gtbank Mobile Money,A Hit Or A Miss / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? by Ayodeb(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2013
How I lost N1,000 to Gtbank Mobile money. After registering for this service on my phone I love buying recharge card with it. I usually transfer money from Current account to my mobile money account and then use it to buy recharge card. On the 3rd of July this year I made a transfer of N1000 (One thousand naira) from my current account to my mobile account. The money was successful debited from my current account but not credited to my mobile account. I have used all avenues available to report the matter but it remained unresolved. I sent a message through my internet banking platform with a ticket created but not attended to. Contacted them on facebook twice. Have gone to my bank to use their phone service twice with a promise that it will be resolved soon. A staff linked me up with the head of their Mobile Money who promised to resolve the matter immediately. They all proved to be empty promises. I have taken my lost but just warning other Nairalanders to be careful about Gtbank Mobile money. If a thousand naira is lost in this manner that may happen to N100,000 too. Be warned!
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? by Gold2NairaCom(m): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks for the info
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ayodeb: How I lost N1,000 to Gtbank Mobile money. After registering for this service on my phone I love buying recharge card with it. I usually transfer money from Current account to my mobile money account and then use it to buy recharge card. On the 3rd of July this year I made a transfer of N1000 (One thousand naira) from my current account to my mobile account. The money was successful debited from my current account but not credited to my mobile account. I have used all avenues available to report the matter but it remained unresolved. I sent a message through my internet banking platform with a ticket created but not attended to. Contacted them on facebook twice. Have gone to my bank to use their phone service twice with a promise that it will be resolved soon. A staff linked me up with the head of their Mobile Money who promised to resolve the matter immediately. They all proved to be empty promises. I have taken my lost but just warning other Nairalanders to be careful about Gtbank Mobile money. If a thousand naira is lost in this manner that may happen to N100,000 too. Be warned!

You own is still even better as mine was even 1500 or so with GTMobile application[the one before this one you are talking about] on the 29th of January when I wanted to use to buy N1,500 GLO card.
My account was debited and my line wasn't credited.I complained to GTB who confirmed that it occurred as they can see it on their system.

Believe me,they haven't refunded my money nor given me my card since then despite several calls to GTconnect,visits to my bank,mails to complaints@gtbank.com and cardservices@gtbank.com.
Just saying that it has been forwarded to appropriate channel and nothing has been done bout it since then.

I can now imagine how many of their customers must have fallen into this trap don't know how to go about it let alone we that took steps but all to no avail.

I think this thread needs to be moved to Frontpage because this will continue to occur if we Nigerians don't jointly say NO to SCAM or whichever.

Do you all agree with me?If yes,let's join hands together to make sure this gets to FP so as prevent other Nigerians falling into such
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? by Ayodeb(m): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Almost two months after gtbank refunded my lost N1,000. At least it will be fair to report back here that I have gotten my money.
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2013
Ayodeb: Almost two months after gtbank refunded my lost N1,000. At least it will be fair to report back here that I have gotten my money.

Congrats but my own N1,400 that happened since January 29th has not been refunded up till now after calling their attention to it severally.
No problem with that as I'm collect my money when it must have appreciated to like N1,000,000
Re: Gtbank Mobile Money Now A Scam? by U1(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2014
I came about this post while searching for info on how to transfer money from the mobile money app to another GTBank account. I've been getting senseless error messages. It's been one issue or the other on this mobile money stuff for almost a month now that I have not even been able to do any transaction with it.

GTBank has been my bank of choice in Nigeria, and I think it still is. But this mobile money of theirs is not doing their image any good. By the way, there is an undisclosed N100 fee to fund the wallet with your GTBank ATM card.

(1) (Reply)

Free Betting Tips For Now / 10 Movies Every Entrepreneur Needs To Watch / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.