Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160273 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
naijatisumi:
Please can anyone advise me on how much is BORALE ENGINE, wanna buy one for my TOYOTA corolla 2007..... the car dry off water while driving on my way to work on friday...i took it to a mechanic and he said i need to fix the gasket that it has burnt...later he said the engine is not sounding well that i will need to change the cylinder...after few days he called me again that water is mixing up with oil and it has affected the engine and i will need to buy a BORALE engine which will cost me 160k...

Firstly i just bought this car on the 29th of December and i plan to use it for UBER... Dont laugh me guys , i just started driving around December as such i wasnt aware of checking water and all, the lady who bought the car as a TOKUNBO used it for just 2yrs before selling it and has not worked or done anything

House please advise what can be done and how much is BORALE engine will cost me

Thanks
Kingreign sincerely assist this guy
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Danenergy: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Good day house, just got a 2006 toyota Corolla. I used golf 3 for 5years..MPG superb I can go 120km on a 10litrs
But since I started driving the Corolla I tot I can get something better than the golf 3 in terms of MPG.
For those who uses the 03/06 Corolla, what's the MPG like.
For instance I empty my tank, that means the needle is on the last thick line on the gauge, then I fill the tank to the brim.
How do I measure the MPG? is it at the sight of the red light(reserve) or when the needle reaches the thick bottom line again.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2020
Danenergy:
Good day house, just got a 2006 toyota Corolla. I used golf 3 for 5years..MPG superb I can go 120km on a 10litrs
But since I started driving the Corolla I tot I can get something better than the golf 3 in terms of MPG.
For those who uses the 03/06 Corolla, what's the MPG like.
For instance I empty my tank, that means the needle is on the last thick line on the gauge, then I fill the tank to the brim.
How do I measure the MPG? is it at the sight of the red light(reserve) or when the needle reaches the thick bottom line again.

Very easy. Fill up your tank, reset your trip meter (if the vehicle has). If not, write down the current mileage on the odometer and drive till the fuel has gone down to a significant level.

Fill up the tank again. Before you leave the filling station, subtract the original mileage you wrote down from the current mileage and divide the by the number of litres of fuel bought.

Note that one litre is 0.26 gallons. So if you're calculating in terms of mpg, you have to multiply the number of litres bought by 0.26.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dicksonadams(m): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
theoilguy:
Hello all,

We have in stock USA Mobil 5w20 and 5w30 extended performance. Our price is 17,000 naira. However, for a limited time offer, we are giving the next 10 buyers at 16,500 naira only.

Offer valid while stock lasts!!

Do you sell with oil filter
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dicksonadams(m): 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Dream1:
I find Toyota cars very bland and lacking character. Even the new camry falls short when you talk about design and class. I like a car that makes a statement and has a presence.
I used to be a die hard Toyota fan till I sample Honda accord eod, omo for the performance the extra cost of it maintainace no come worry me again... Hence my advice to any one is ensure you answer deep inside what you really want in a car, no car is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
dicksonadams:
I used to be a die hard Toyota fan till I sample Honda accord eod, omo for the performance the extra cost of it maintainace no come worry me again... Hence my advice to any one is ensure you answer deep inside what you really want in a car, no car is perfect.

What's your view about the 2010 Honda Accord V6 engine and I4 engine manual transmission or automatic transmission?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by theoilguy: 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
dicksonadams:

Do you sell with oil filter

Filters arrive at the end of February, hopefully...
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Tnycee(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello house, I have a 2009 Toyota Camry LE 2.4l. The car has been very good with no issues and drives like a dream. I noticed recently that the fuse in the A/F, S-horn slots located in the fuse box under the hood were missing (actually didn't come with the fuses when I bought it as direct tokumbo). So I decided to put in some spare fuse into the slot. I observed immediately that the car handling changed. It seems to take longer to change gears (like it were in sports mode).

I want to know if anyone has made similar observations. Also is there any effect of driving with/without the A/F or S-horn fuses in place?

I just want to learn more about this car from experts here.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AmuDimpka: 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
naijatisumi:
Please can anyone advise me on how much is BORALE ENGINE, wanna buy one for my TOYOTA corolla 2007..... the car dry off water while driving on my way to work on friday...i took it to a mechanic and he said i need to fix the gasket that it has burnt...later he said the engine is not sounding well that i will need to change the cylinder...after few days he called me again that water is mixing up with oil and it has affected the engine and i will need to buy a BORALE engine which will cost me 160k...

Firstly i just bought this car on the 29th of December and i plan to use it for UBER... Dont laugh me guys , i just started driving around December as such i wasnt aware of checking water and all, the lady who bought the car as a TOKUNBO used it for just 2yrs before selling it and has not worked or done anything

House please advise what can be done and how much is BORALE engine will cost me

Thanks

Holy Moses! That is a lemon and shitbox...oga go and buy new engine 200k...though Toyota is a terrible brand
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AmuDimpka: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
nurey:

Don't bother working on the engine again, it's a complicated work and as it's aluminium the block would have been affected.

2az 4 cylinder for your car is 250 to 270k depending on accessories and how clean the engine is.

2GR 6 cylinder for your car shouldn't exceed 350k. Now is the time to buy cause exchange rate would sky rocket anytime soon.

Chai
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AmuDimpka: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
tuoyoojo:
I just got a 2007 corolla from a friend.the one dat is locally referred to as bank type.d interior design is not impressive I must confess but wat it lost in design it made up for it when it comes to performance and fuel economy.wen I was travellin I filled d tank very well and I did 200km before the fuel indicator moved...I was tinkin maybe der was a problem as it didn't move initially.I drove from zaria to ekiti with jus roffly a half tank that was roffly an 8 hours trip.if I wud advise anyone who is yet to get a car and u wanna buy a toyota...and u desire fuel economy..den mak it a toyota...biko!

Is that so?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by emmaniche: 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Good evening house, my corrola 02 suddenly jerks and stops when I'm in a hold up or slowing down. I've changed the injector. Another mechanic says that I need to get another injectors. Please help. 08165471453.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by toogbasky(m): 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
To insure your car;
call: 07035719560
any city in Nigeria,
comprehensive insurance at it's best
ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY( Award for 2019 insurance company of the year)
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by IFEBARBIE: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
emmaniche:
Good evening house, my corrola 02 suddenly jerks and stops when I'm in a hold up or slowing down. I've changed the injector. Another mechanic says that I need to get another injectors. Please help. 08165471453.
Howdy bro.. Scan the vehicle for fault codes with an obd2 scanner. The result will guide you and your techman fixing it. Cheers... smiley
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rbox(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pls Nairalander, How much can I get BORALE TOKUNBO ENGINE of a Toyota Camry 1999 model. Aka. Tiny light Camry.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Praxtech: 10:23pm On May 09, 2020
Why is the Toyota Camry 2007 -2011 very useless and expensive?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Praxtech: 10:23pm On May 09, 2020
Engine oil burning Camry 2007-2011
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Praxtech: 10:24pm On May 09, 2020
Dashboards melting a perennial problem with the Camry 2007-2011

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Praxtech: 10:26pm On May 09, 2020
Why are Toyota users always avoiding this thread?

Cc
Amudimpka
Rationalmind
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Praxtech: 10:29pm On May 09, 2020
Why are Toyota users not discussing the grenading of their engines and constant engine and transmission replacements

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AmuDimpka: 6:15pm On May 10, 2020
Praxtech:
Why are Toyota users always avoiding this thread?

Cc
Amudimpka
Rationalmind
becuase there is nothing interesting about the thread...we are taking about utility cars that would take you from point A to B...what is it to talk about

That is why they are stuck in Benz thread and BMW...that is where men roll
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AmuDimpka: 6:15pm On May 10, 2020
Praxtech:
Dashboards melting a perennial problem with the Camry 2007-2011
is it butter
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AmuDimpka: 6:16pm On May 10, 2020
emmaniche:
change the engine
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Fentanyl: 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
[s]
AmuDimpka:
becuase there is nothing interesting about the thread...we are taking about utility cars that would take you from point A to B...what is it to talk about

That is why they are stuck in Benz thread and BMW...that is where men roll

[/s]

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Youngkingz(m): 8:32pm On May 10, 2020
timbros:
I have seen different threads for different Makes of cars here but havent seen a strictly Toyota Thread (Maybe its somewhere hidden, but i've searched everywhere, even in Car Talk library). So I decided to start this thread.

Are you a Toyota user? Do you love Toyotas? This is the thread for you.

Ask questions. Discuss problems. Make observations. Share tips.

I believe we can learn a thing or two from fellow Toyota users/lovers here...

While commenting, this format will be greatly appreciated. State...

MODEL:
YEAR:
A.K.A (if any):
ENGINE:

Then flow with your comment!

(if possible, accompany your comment with a picture of your ride)

for your installation of car tracking device, contact me for affordable price way no they tear pocket. we base in Benin City, Edo State. but we do home delivery nation wide contact us today 08103717718
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ospreywin(m): 11:14pm On May 10, 2020
timbros:
I have seen different threads for different Makes of cars here but havent seen a strictly Toyota Thread (Maybe its somewhere hidden, but i've searched everywhere, even in Car Talk library). So I decided to start this thread.

Are you a Toyota user? Do you love Toyotas? This is the thread for you.

Ask questions. Discuss problems. Make observations. Share tips.

I believe we can learn a thing or two from fellow Toyota users/lovers here...

While commenting, this format will be greatly appreciated. State...

MODEL:
YEAR:
A.K.A (if any):
ENGINE:

Then flow with your comment!

(if possible, accompany your comment with a picture of your ride)

Check my signature to make enquiry about vehicle documentations
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ItzBIM(m): 4:28am On May 11, 2020
I need RAV 4 2007
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by suco01(m): 6:10am On May 19, 2020
RAV 4 2003 urgently Needed call/WhatsApp 08030452862
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by suco01(m): 6:10am On May 19, 2020
RAV 4 2003 urgently Needed call/WhatsApp 08030452862
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by theoilguy: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Mobil Extended Performance High Mileage Motor Oils now available!

Contact on signature.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by MedicH: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
nurey:

Don't bother working on the engine again, it's a complicated work and as it's aluminium the block would have been affected.

2az 4 cylinder for your car is 250 to 270k depending on accessories and how clean the engine is.

2GR 6 cylinder for your car shouldn't exceed 350k. Now is the time to buy cause exchange rate would sky rocket anytime soon.

Aaah tayota why naa
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Matthew009: 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
I'm torn in between a 2013 corolla and a 2013 Camry, I don't know which one to go for.
I wan collect car loan and em say we must buy 2013 model car....

What's advisable house, keeping in mind it'll bethe first car I'll buy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.