Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159973 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
Numberz:
Good day all...
I have 2 problems with my 1997 Camry LE auto tranny,

1. When I leave the car under the hot sun with Windows all shut say like 2hrs, the screen that displays mileage upon starting the engine goes blank! Now when this happens, gear shifts (gear 1-2) becomes difficult/sluggish even at high rpm.
This also happens when I use my full light, the display also goes blank after 15mins of using full light.

The only way the gear shift goes back to normal and the mileage display return is when it cools down or I turn on the A/C for like 15-20mins max while driving... thereby cooling the dash area.
Why

2. My timing belt is always snapping...I have used 4 this year!!!
Why
I have used so many brands from so many markets with divers kind of packaging/writ ups on them.

I have used the car for 6yrs+ with no major issues,
Still does Abuja-Owerri till recently,
...help a brother please

Cc
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Kingreign
9icetoo
Weyrepey
Diportivo
Obekediamondfuto
Radautoworks

This need careful physical inspection not remote diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Numberz(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2019
kingreign:

Thanks for the apt response my Oga...in other words, it remains inconclusive till I visit a workshop right?
I guess your help will do me some much needed good on this very matter.

I am out of town, will hit you up when I return please. I appreciate you!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by radautoworks: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
kingreign:

What he said
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=Numberz post=81371374]Good day all...

1. When I leave the car under the hot sun with Windows all shut say like 2hrs, the screen that displays mileage upon starting the engine goes blank! Now when this happens, gear shifts (gear 1-2) becomes difficult/sluggish even at high rpm.
This also happens when I use my full light, the display also goes blank after 15mins of using full light.

The only way the gear shift goes back to normal and the mileage display return is when it cools down or I turn on the A/C for like 15-20mins max while driving... thereby cooling the dash area.
Why

Why
I have used so many brands from so many markets with divers kind of packaging/writ ups on them.

...help a brother please

for the odometer reading, check VSS and cluster....
your vehicle should be OBD1, dunno how scan works with that, but if u are able to scan and the problem is from the vss it should pop up in the scan.

for timing belt, my brother.... u need a qualified mechanic to check it.... no remote assistance for that one oh..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by weyreypey: 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Numberz:
Good day all...

This also happens when I use my full light, the display also goes blank after 15mins of using full light

Why

Why

...help a brother please

Cc
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Kingreign
9icetoo
Weyrepey
Diportivo
Obekediamondfuto
Radautoworks
nurey I was summoned majestically..... I will not poke my nose into any matter uninvited.

Now that I am here, I can see radautoworks and kingreign have done justice.

Numberz physical inspection is needed to check the alignment of your pulleys driving the belt in question. Obekediamondfuto has answered the first question

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Numberz(m): 7:41am On Aug 19, 2019
radautoworks:

What he said

Ma?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Numberz(m): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=obekediamondfuto post=81377075][/quote]

Thanks for your response...the deal I think is getting an experienced hand to put things in order. But come to think of it, that car is neither recent not complicated, I wonder why my mechanic is at loss!

I appreciate your contribution my Oga... thanks!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Numberz(m): 8:20am On Aug 19, 2019
weyreypey:
nurey I was summoned majestically..... I will not poke my nose into any matter uninvited.

Now that I am here, I can see radautoworks and kingreign have done justice.

Numberz physical inspection is needed to check the alignment of your pulleys driving the belt in question. Obekediamondfuto has answered the first question

Majestic summon indeed!
I appreciate you Sir...I stay in Abj; will schedule an appointment with Oga Kingreign when am better settled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by weyreypey: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2019
Numberz:

Majestic summon indeed!
I appreciate you Sir...I stay in Abj; will schedule an appointment with Oga Kingreign when am better settled.
Kingreign is very competent. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:50am On Aug 19, 2019
Numberz:

Thanks for your response...the deal I think is getting an experienced hand to put things in order. But come to think of it, that car is neither recent not complicated, I wonder why my mechanic is at loss!

I appreciate your contribution my Oga... thanks!

nah he is being either lazy or invictus...
either he doesn't want to troubleshoot or he wants u to be buying belt every 3months so he is sure of his salary every 3months

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Eclement(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2019
Well, I've been a wannabe when it comes to making cars, most especially Toyota Camry and corollas. Sometimes I hear Big daddy, Sports, Pencil and many more..

Please, how do one differentiate these vehicles from each other? Is it based on the trims?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by AOI2016: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
I just got a Corolla (Nigeria used) and while I was driving I had to park to drop someone. I didn't off the engine,I just put the car on park and thereafter I continued with my driving,but to my surprise I tried to press the break of the car but I couldn't,the break wouldnt press.I had to hit the car that was parked on the street. Pls what could be the possible cause?
Hello guys, pls I want to confirm how much it will cost to get a Toyota Corolla front light (2003).
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by iSage: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
I need recommendation for a Toyota car I can get within the range of 1m - 1.2
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dicksonadams(m): 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2019
AOI2016:

I just got a Corolla (Nigeria used) and while I was driving I had to park to drop someone. I didn't off the engine,I just put the car on park and thereafter I continued with my driving,but to my surprise I tried to press the break of the car but I couldn't,the break wouldnt press.I had to hit the car that was parked on the street. Pls what could be the possible cause?
Hello guys, pls I want to confirm how much it will cost to get a Toyota Corolla front light (2003).

Perhaps you drove with the emergency brake on? Or may be your brake master cylinder is faulty
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Ayara222: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
My Toyota Camry 2008 model is misbehaving. Just noticed the engine oil dries upto the bottom dot on the oil gauge under a week after service, what could be wrong please, SMH
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 8:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ayara222:
My Toyota Camry 2008 model is misbehaving. Just noticed the engine oil dries upto the bottom dot on the oil gauge under a week after service, what could be wrong please, SMH

The 2azfe Engine is a known oil burner, check if your exhaust is smoking, tell someone to hold the throttle at 3000rpm while the car is parked and check for smoke.

if smoke is visible there is fire on the mountain if not check for external leaks and be weary of the type of palm oil you use for servicing
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Macemy(m): 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
Please Toyota big daddy users ..what is the best engine oil for Toyota Camry 2003 Az_Fe Engine
Please I need answers
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by seunoni34(m): 7:24am On Nov 27, 2019
I need info about Toyota yaris 2008 sedan.
Is it a good car to buy? (for toks)
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
What is the reason for the ever increasing sale of toyota corolla 2014 upward by users? Is the car not good or problematic..
I like the shape and the car,but am scared. Cc: nurey,heavenlybang,gazzuz
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
aro1:
What is the reason for the ever increasing sale of toyota corolla 2014 upward by users? Is the car not good or problematic..
I like the shape and the car,but am scared. Cc: nurey,heavenlybang,gazzuz

There are more 03-07 Corolla forsale than that year. You only believe that because that's the car you want to buy.

As far as am concerned the car has no issues
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
nurey:

There are more 03-07 Corolla forsale than that year. You only believe that because that's the car you want to buy.

thanks boss
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
nurey:

thanks boss!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by theoilguy: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2019
Hello all,

We have in stock USA Mobil 5w20 and 5w30 extended performance. Our price is 17,000 naira. However, for a limited time offer, we are giving the next 10 buyers at 16,500 naira only.

Offer valid while stock lasts!!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Simeondemmy: 7:00am On Jan 03, 2020
Please how much is the cost for Toyota Corolla 07/08 engine?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by theoilguy: 8:20am On Jan 12, 2020
Mobil Extended Performance and Castrol Extended performance in all variants available in large quantities.

Get the right Motor oil for your car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Alonu(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Please good people I need your help, my 2011 V6 Toyota Venza had aa gear issue sometime in June, the vehicle had this drag when changing from gear 2 to 3, mechanic fixed it and caused many more damages, now check engine, VSV, and, brake warning lights are all on, the vehicle movement is not as smooth as it used to, I really love this car because of its power and comfort and I need advice on what to do.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
No wonder these agberos wan die on the Mercedes Benz thread...39 pages since inception... Japanese shitboxes

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stone123(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
Please can anyone give me advise on buying Nigerian used Highlander 2008, 2009 or 2010 please?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by naijatisumi: 11:18am On Jan 20, 2020
Please can anyone advise me on how much is BORALE ENGINE, wanna buy one for my TOYOTA corolla 2007..... the car dry off water while driving on my way to work on friday...i took it to a mechanic and he said i need to fix the gasket that it has burnt...later he said the engine is not sounding well that i will need to change the cylinder...after few days he called me again that water is mixing up with oil and it has affected the engine and i will need to buy a BORALE engine which will cost me 160k...

Firstly i just bought this car on the 29th of December and i plan to use it for UBER... Dont laugh me guys , i just started driving around December as such i wasnt aware of checking water and all, the lady who bought the car as a TOKUNBO used it for just 2yrs before selling it and has not worked or done anything

House please advise what can be done and how much is BORALE engine will cost me

Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ICAMETOWIN(m): 5:19am On Jan 30, 2020
Good morning, please how much is 2001 toyota camry engine. As in normal camry drop lite?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by melviniyke2002(m): 6:18am On Jan 30, 2020
Macemy:
Please Toyota big daddy users ..what is the best engine oil for Toyota Camry 2003 Az_Fe Engine
Please I need answers
5w -30 full synthetic
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Crixie(m): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2020
New package Alert
Genuine Toyota WS has a new look!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.