Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims (6774 Views)

Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives / Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by skyhighweb(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2013
aya
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by naptu2: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life: Wait o, what kind of claims are these?

Are these the 150,000 mandatory insurance liability they speak of? I believe Dana has settled that case for NCAA to release their operating license. Any other claim like the N500million is ridiculous. Truly, while Dana shares responsibility in it, at same time, he should go meet his insurance company to help him out.

Yeah, I suspect that's the reason for the protest. It appears that Dana has paid the 150,000 mandatory insurance liability to relatives of its passengers, but people who lost relatives, buildings, etc on the ground are protesting.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Fadelex(m): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
[quote author=webmaster0]My aim here is to show you how to get a brand new laptop at the cheapest price possible.
Webmonster or wetin be ur name.... did dis thread looks like an advertorial thread?? People are talkin sense and u'r busy re-branding ur 419ism... Gerrout of d thread... Mugu

Bck to the topic, d owner of the warehouse claimed to have lost 500million naira... Dat is one of the reason the ground victim will not be settled easily.... Was d warehouse a toyota or escalade warehouse?? Naija pple sha, he jst wanna make the best out of the unfortunate situation... He shld dream on.... Dana shld please pay the genuine ground victims as soon as possible... God bless Nigeria
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by 76Naira(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Typical Nigeria situation.
Useless govt.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by chuckdelis: 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
Am havin mixed feelin bout this post.
@1st i feel lyk d families ar kind of selling d dead
2nd DANA does nt regret d incident which their actions clearly show.
Anyways the dead should be respected.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by azpekuliar: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
stacomaster: guy dnt be So Silly

Silly? What are you chatting? You are just as ignorant as those property owners about Insurance and claims if you think Dana owes them a single dime.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Symphony007: 1:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
From this pictures i really don't think the farmilies of the crash victims who are no doubt rich are the once protesting, they can easily sue dana's ass. The protesters are farmilies of folks on the ground who died and owners or residents of buildings and factories destroyed when the plane crashed.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Ogojohn(m): 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
@azpeculiar are you talkin out of experience or as a professional in the air insurance or as a lawyer. Please if you are not I beg to differ.Are you now tellin me that the insurance that covered both the crashed plane and the passengers in it does not cover the people or property the plane might have killed on the ground. The ppl who drafted the guide knows that plane does not fly on air alone and might one day fall off the sky. There precedent that can buttress my claim. Go back to LOCKEBIE air crash which was brought down by Libya agents. the insurance company paid for the properties on ground and also paid for claims to the families of on the ground casualties.I am not talkin of compensation paid by GHADAFFI to the families. Recently a NIGERIAN cargo air line crashed at Ghana killed some people on ground. weren't their insurance paid. why will you tell these folks that there pay is else where where by the plane is suppose to be covered by comprehensive insurance. OK. NEXT TIME ENTER YOUR CAR AND GO AND PULL SOMEBODY'S WALL DOWN AND WOO TO YOU TO TELL THE PERSON TO GO AND MEET HIS INSURER. THEN YOU WILL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOT WATER AND COLD ONE. EVEN VEHICLE INSURANCE HAVE COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by realitychick: 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
azpekuliar:

Silly? What are you chatting? You are just as ignorant as those property owners about Insurance and claims if you think Dana owes them a single dime.
Mr man,,,must you show the height of your mumuism here.
You just assume and comment.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Bishop4bella(m): 1:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
The did has been done so they should allow the dead to rest abi is their prayer dat luv ones shld b a victim. May all the souls in dana plan crash rest in peace. Amen
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by mekzone: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
The compensation is handled by the insurance company not the airline itself. Dana was fully insured. So as long as the affected parties have all necessary documentation they will be fully compensated. I think the insurers just want to be careful not to pay the wrong people.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by manny4life(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
azpekuliar:

Actually Dana's Insurance policy should pay for every liability, the amount of coverage and payout is another story for another day. The difference in this case is that the $150,000 is a mandatory payout.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by manny4life(m): 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
naptu2:

Yeah, I suspect that's the reason for the protest. It appears that Dana has paid the 150,000 mandatory insurance liability to relatives of its passengers, but people who lost relatives, buildings, etc on the ground are protesting.

Well if that is the case, their case is a civil one and usually takes time. Although the case of the man asking for 500million is just plain silly and won't work. If he had a warehouse of 500million and couldn't insure his warehouse, whose fault is it? If the victims involved in death received $150,000.00, well I guess warehouse will receive almost $3.5million, how much silly is that?
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by agiboma(f): 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
This is very very sad!!!
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by hussyhassy: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
izenco2005: ur very stupidd watin concern presdo
i thought this forum is for educated n matured people i never knw ppl like u are also in this forum.pls who is incharge of ministry of aviation is it not under d presidency?abi na ur papa dey incharge?
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Willdidi(m): 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
slimyem: Some of the protesters are just greedy..
See the man requesting for a claim of N500,000...
Which kain warehouse is worth 500 million naira in Iju Ishaga?
Thief!!
No wonder he got no response.undecided
Dude did u watch on TV d number of items in dat guys warehouse? I guess u did not, because d guy had lots of item as an importer in d warehouse which was destroyed by d crash, so if he is demanding 4 dat amount I don't think is 2 much
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
Willdidi:
Dude did u watch on TV d number of items in dat guys warehouse? I guess u did not, because d guy had lots of item as an importer in d warehouse which was destroyed by d crash, so if he is demanding 4 dat amount I don't think is 2 much

Well if he did, he needs to go to his insurance company and file a claim. Dana nor it's parties WILL NEVER pay such amount even if he dragged them to court. Even if he were in the west, no airline will pony up that huge amount.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

Well if he did, he needs to go to his insurance company and file a claim. Dana nor it's parties WILL NEVER pay such amount even if he dragged them to court. Even if he were in the west, no airline will pony up that huge amount.
well that's where he might have a problem, it might just be and insurance on paper not in practice, ie don't really pay true premium just like car owners in Nigeria claim to insure their cars and don't pay nada as its not enforceable in 9ja, his case is civil, he should spend his money on a V. good lawyer and if it does go to court, it would be him claiming from DINA via his Insurer no directly.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by BabaEto1: 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
I listened to the man claiming 500million naira compensation from Dana in channel news and I think if all what he said is true, he need not waste time but head straight to the court and file action against Dana airline. I strongly believe he will win the case. He need not go to their office for further demonstration.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by SORTER: 5:40am On Jan 25, 2013
I think You îE the stupid one....Ode!
izenco2005: ur very stupidd watin concern presdo
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by SORTER: 5:43am On Jan 25, 2013
Don't mind The yam head... grin
hussyhassy: i thought this forum is for educated n matured people i never knw ppl like u are also in this forum.pls who is incharge of ministry of aviation is it not under d presidency?abi na ur papa dey incharge?
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Olaolufred(m): 9:40am On Jan 25, 2013
azpekuliar: Who are those ignoramuses I see expecting Dana to compensate them for their factory and warehouses? They should go and meet their insurers! And if out of negligence or sheer ignorance their properties weren't insured, then sorry is their name!

May you leave your house for Church or mosque or wherever,
In one of the 365 days that make this,
Only to recieve a call that all you have or your parents have ever worked for is burnt to ashes. Amen
May you, within 24 hours who was living in a duplex become a squatter. Amen.
May you never see helpers to come to your aid and become a cast out among your people. Amen
May you not be able to cope with the situation and so dry up to the bones until you enter grave. Amen.
THIS SHALL BE YOUR YEAR OF CALAMITY, SO THAT YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO PURSUE YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY. AMEN.

WARNING, IT IS NOT ALL YOU MEET ON THE ROAD THAT YOU TALK TO ANYHOW.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, QUIETNESS IS NEVER A SIN.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Fadelex(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2013
Olaolufred:

May you leave your house for Church or mosque or wherever,
In one of the 365 days that make this,
Only to recieve a call that all you have or your parents have ever worked for is burnt to ashes. Amen
May you, within 24 hours who was living in a duplex become a squatter. Amen.
May you never see helpers to come to your aid and become a cast out among your people. Amen
May you not be able to cope with the situation and so dry up to the bones until you enter grave. Amen.
THIS SHALL BE YOUR YEAR OF CALAMITY, SO THAT YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO PURSUE YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY. AMEN.

WARNING, IT IS NOT ALL YOU MEET ON THE ROAD THAT YOU TALK TO ANYHOW.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, QUIETNESS IS NEVER A SIN.

And you r layin curse wit happiness and u'r sayin amen.... The chap jst said d truth, if u'r not educated enuf to know wat insurance mean, u shld jst keep quiet instead of metin out ur frustruation @ some1.... Mschewww
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Olaolufred(m): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2013
Baba Eto: I listened to the man claiming 500million naira compensation from Dana in channel news and I think if all what he said is true, he need not waste time but head straight to the court and file action against Dana airline. I strongly believe he will win the case. He need not go to their office for further demonstration.

Baba eto,
I am a brother to Pastor Daniel(though an-in-law,but overtime closer than I am to my own sister, the wife).
Let me tell you that my car, which was in that same compound narrowly escaped the crash.
I was with them on Saturday, 2nd June 2012. I moved the car out to my own house because they just bought another one that will make it free for me to use mine.
Since I was originally not in Nigeria, The wife(my elder sister)was using the car while I was away.
When she called me, I was in Omole phase two, I rushed there with an uncle only to discover the story was true.

NOW TO BUSINESS.

The 4 plots has on it:
1, A furniture factory with machines, finished works

2, A warehouse with imported educational materials own by one Mr. Adebayo and also imported household and kithen wares by Mrs Aboderin(wife to punch newspapers owner).

3, A duplex which I worked partly in supervision and most times used my physical energy.

4, Fish ponds with it stocked with fishes already raised for some months.

I can not detail it than him.

But I know that it is painful that our Govt does nothing to portect its citizen.
That is why Dana is doing all they are.

We will survive this. We still thank those who had helped in re-setlement as well as gifts.
He is doing his business already, but Imagine him moving from one furniture factory to another just because your own can't be used due to Dana.
WE WILL BE OUT OF IT BRIGHTER.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Olaolufred(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2013
Fadelex:

And you r layin curse wit happiness and u'r sayin amen.... The chap jst said d truth, if u'r not educated enuf to know wat insurance mean, u shld jst keep quiet instead of metin out ur frustruation @ some1.... Mschewww

THIS IS NOT A CURSE, MAY IT HAPPEN TO YOU, SO THAT YOU CAN RUN FAST TO YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY. AMEN.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Fadelex(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2013
Olaolufred:

THIS IS NOT A CURSE, MAY IT HAPPEN TO YOU, SO THAT YOU CAN RUN FAST TO YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY. AMEN.
I'm nt in ur caucus, so i cant be exchanging words wit u.... If d properties and d warehouse is worth 500million and is nt insured then sorry is the owner's name.... hw on earth would you nt insure smtin of dat value??
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Olaolufred(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2013
Fadelex:
I'm nt in ur caucus, so i cant be exchanging words wit u.... If d properties and d warehouse is worth 500million and is nt insured then sorry is the owner's name.... hw on earth would you nt insure smtin of dat value??

YOU DEFINITELY HAVE NO WORDS TO EXCHANGE WITH ME.
I THINK LIFE INSURANCE WILL BRING BACK TO LIFE IN CASE YOU LOSE YOUR OWN OR THE LIFE OF YOUR LOVED SON OR DAUGHTER.
IT COMES IN DIFFERENT WAYS, BUT YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT LOSS THAT WILL MAKE YOU CALL YOUR INSURER THIS YEAR 2013. AMEN.
WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, SILENCE IS NEVER A SIN.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Fadelex(m): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU DEFINITELY HAVE NO WORDS TO EXCHANGE WITH ME.
I THINK LIFE INSURANCE WILL BRING BACK TO LIFE IN CASE YOU LOSE YOUR OWN OR THE LIFE OF YOUR LOVED SON OR DAUGHTER.
IT COMES IN DIFFERENT WAYS, BUT YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT LOSS THAT WILL MAKE YOU CALL YOUR INSURER THIS YEAR 2013. AMEN.
WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, SILENCE IS NEVER A SIN.
Go get a life..... You sick liar... According to ur msg, u were nt in Nigeria dat time and later u said u were in Omole phase 2 wen ur sister called you... Hw come?? U be spirit??
Continue to lay curse on everybody bt be rest assured more calamities await you...
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Olaolufred(m): 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
Fadelex:
Go get a life..... You sick liar... According to ur msg, u were nt in Nigeria dat time and later u said u were in Omole phase 2 wen ur sister called you... Hw come?? U be spirit??
Continue to lay curse on everybody bt be rest assured more calamities await you...

You are poor in comprehension "
Since I was originally not in Nigeria
".
She was using my car when I was not around.
But was back, and they bought a new car.
So, I drove mine out of that compound on the 2nd June 2012 to where i reside.
How could I have driven a car out of the compound on June 2nd from outside nigeria.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Ogojohn(m): 10:15am On Jan 26, 2013
why waste your time begging Dana. Organise yourselves and sue them. Even if it takes years. There are lawyers that can take up the case without them spending a dime depending on the agreement reached with the lawyer. If it is to pay. they must pay.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by otokx(m): 10:19am On Jan 26, 2013
500 million for just one person; haba people should be reasonable na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aggrieved PDP Youths Protest, Demand Secondus’ Resignation / Owo Attack: Fayemi Commiserates With Akeredolu, Monarch, Catholic Bishop / Tinubu Thugs Block All Roads Leading To TBS For Peter Obi Rally(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.