Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives (5728 Views)

Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims / Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Ptimes: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Following the outcome of the DNA tests ordered on the remains of the victims of the DANA Air crash in June, the Lagos State government said that the bodies are ready for collection.

Jide Idris, the state Commissioner for Health, disclosed this, Wednesday, at a meeting with the relatives of the deceased at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja (LASUTH).

“We have got some of the results of the DNA analysis from the UK. The experts have revealed the results and we felt it necessary to brief the victims on the processes and documentation needed to claim the bodies,” said Dr. Idris...Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/93899-lagos-govt-ready-to-release-bodies-of-dana-crash-victims.html
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Stallion77(f): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
ok
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
What? You mean the bodies had not been released in all that time? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by nikkyshyne(f): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^^ Following due process.
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
60 days holding your loved one's body is due process? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by enochogulu: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
weitin concern us?
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
Stallion77: ok
Short comment like this mean alot...lolz grin
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: 60 days holding your loved one's body is due process? undecided undecided undecided undecided

why is that shocking? Same applies in America too. Most of those bodies where either burnt beyond recognition or mere body parts. They need time to make sure of proper identification. It does take time my dear. Not everything in nigeria is bad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Nasri100(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
enochogulu: weitin concern us?

you are a fool Go get a life Retard!
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Reptyle(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
About time too...those families need to be able to bury what ever is left of their loved ones in order to get some closure...
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
davidylan:

why is that shocking? Same applies in America too. Most of those bodies where either burnt beyond recognition or mere body parts. They need time to make sure of proper identification. It does take time my dear. Not everything in nigeria is bad.

um . . . unless you can tell us that is the case here. I suggest we stay away from providing silly comparisons with US.

52 of the bodies were identified back the week of the accident, however all were held. Back on June 7th, these families got info telling them their loved ones would be buried in two weeks. It is over 60 days, and you say no one should complain because according to you, it also happens in the US? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by crackhouse(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
They never release am since that time?
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by wandeay: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
so pathetic
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by wandeay: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
so pathetic
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by toria1980(f): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
Due process my foot...

i wonder how long it will take for them to get their compensation if it takes this long in releasing the bodies

mtweeeeeeeeeee
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
Finally, the torture has been too much for the families of the victims!
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by ebamma(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
you sure say na bodies them release or na pieces of body like hands legs heads etc
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by slimming: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
May there soul rest in peace
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by wirewire(m): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
kunletiwoo: Short comment like this mean alot...lolz grin
you are not serious
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by johnstar(m): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
#LipsAreSealed
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by wirewire(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
#
what a stupid remark
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by ifihearam: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
How will they identify the body of their loved ones?
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by ayotoyin(f): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nasri100:

you are a fool Go get a life Retard!

Do you have to reply the idiot?He is sure sick in the head
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . unless you can tell us that is the case here. I suggest we stay away from providing silly comparisons with US.

52 of the bodies were identified back the week of the accident, however all were held. Back on June 7th, these families got info telling them their loved ones would be buried in two weeks. It is over 60 days, and you say no one should complain because according to you, it also happens in the US? undecided undecided undecided

the same tiresome irrelevant complaints from the same culprits for whom every news from Nigeria must be spun in a negative fashion. Why exactly are you complaining? Do you have family involved in this case?

On another note... i dont see the families complaining that the bodies of their loved ones were returned too late. Perhaps they held back the initial 52 (if at all your claim that they identified that many so quickly was even true) until they could identify all the bodies at once.

This is not a silly comparison to the US, stuff like this happens here as well and we dont hear a peep from hypocrites like you. Like i said... 60 days was pretty quick. Sometimes Nigeria isnt as bad.
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by fubbyy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2012

E no go concern u na because none of ur relative dey there "eburu ozu nwanne onyeozo odika ebu osisi

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
Anywho

Kobojunkie: What? You mean the bodies had not been released in all that time? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Over 2 months after the accident.
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Biggyd2: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Really sad that they have to relive this horror all over again.
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by donblacky(m): 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2012

R U​Φkay.?...i doubt

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
fubbyy:

E no go concern u na because none of ur relative dey there "eburu ozu nwanne onyeozo odika ebu osisi
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by swizzle(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
That whole process is messy. I know of someone that was burnt from the waist up but from the waist down was still intact. He had his wallet with his atm and id card in it inside the pocket of his trouser yet they refused to release the body so that it can be "identified"...dead bodi dey thief undecided
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by Crown128(m): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Must you comment at every post? More importantly you should learn reason before posting comment. R.I.P.P, to the victims.
Re: Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives by anitank(f): 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
So sad cry cry cry I know what it means to loose a loved one in such terrible accident. All will be well. I so weep for dat family of 5 dat all perished, the Anyiene's. Oh dear I don't even want to remember it again

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Documents Proving 'Buhari's Death'' — Nnamdi Kanu / See Hotels Open In Rivers State Despite Lockdown PHOTOS / Kogi State Governor Elect Was Predicted From The Mouth Of The Masses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.