Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,257 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

“they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic (1158 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo / Northern Nigeria As An Appendage Of The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Boyoorisha: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2013
The crisis brewing within the Christian Association of Nigeria does not seem to be abating with the association giving the Catholic Church the go-ahead to pull out of the religious group.

The Catholic Church recently decided to pull out of CAN noting that it no longer stood for what it was initially set up to do.

In a letter signed by the Administrator of the Catholic Diocese of Abeokuta, Monsignor Christopher Ajala, on Tuesday, the Catholic Church alleged that CAN had become an arm of government.

“The Catholic Church took their stand before the purchase or the aircraft was donated to him. But what the Catholic Bishops Conference is complaining about is about the way they are running the national CAN now that is not meeting the objectives and the goals of CAN and the forefathers of CAN.

“CAN is now being run as part of the government and we said no.

“Because they (government) will dictate to us what to do and they will not take our advice seriously. The Catholic Church decided to withdraw from the activities of CAN at national level; we are still part of the state. We made our stand clear in November, last year, and by December, the man bought a jet. I don’t know how he got it but the president was there on that day the jet was delivered to him.

“So, what we are saying is that our religious leaders should be honest, upright and they should also be the conscience of this nation.

“If you are bought, the masses of this country are finished. If you can use money to buy our religious leaders, then there is no hope for the common man. That is the Catholic Church’s stand. We are supposed to speak for the people to correct the wrongs in the society and assist every government to know the will of God for them and we still stand by that.”

But in its reaction to the allegations made against it by the Catholic Church, the leadership of CAN attributed the problem to the inability of a Catholic Church candidate to wrest power from the current CAN president, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor.

According to the Public Relations Officer of the 19 Northern States of CAN and Abuja, Sunny Oibe, “There are some certain elements in the leadership of CAN led by Cardinal John Onaiyekan because he lost CAN Presidency to Oritsejafor who has a lot of achievements.”

Oibe whio spoke with reporters in Abuja on Wednesday continued saying, “There is no need for anybody to lose sleep over the threat by Catholics to pull out of CAN because without them CAN will still continue. The constitution of CAN makes provision that membership can be terminated by any group that is misbehaving or any group can also terminate their membership.

“Why is it that when Catholics were in the leadership of CAN, every bloc supported them, but now because power has changed hands, they are threatening to pull out and causing confusion?

“They have been agitating that the Presidency of CAN must come from the South. They are an appendage of PDP and PDP themselves. They are known for double standards. A man of God should not be double speaking.”

Oibe reportedly continued saying, “The Catholics are claiming that the current CAN leadership has deviated from the vision of the founding fathers when they don’t even know how CAN came about.

“Catholics have accused the present CAN leadership, led by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of being pro-government. But if you look at the whole scenario, you will be able to find out who between Oritsejafor and Onaiyekan is closer to government.”

“The problem of Catholics is that they always display arrogance in knowledge. They don’t want to be under anybody but they want everybody to be under them. It doesn’t work like that because there is no seniority in CAN,” Oibe said.

Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Willy7(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2013
A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.I dont know who is right or wrong in this matter and i dont even wanna know,but whatever it is,it should be settled and dialogued on,otherwise this Nation will witness a great shaking and turbulence that will shake even its very foundation.Take it or leave it,if this disagreement becomes messier,it'll affect this Nation because the devil needs such distraction to hit us below d belt.I just pray that the christian leaders will see beyond politics to see what the enemy is brewing.We are in a very delicate period and cant afford this misunderstandings in the christian faith.We really need the unity to fight what is coming.God help us

1 Like

Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by nonen(m): 10:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Politics in Church..... Church in Politics.
This is a true fulfillment that these are false religions. Jesus repeatedly and consistently rejected the politics of his time. In fact, he said: I am no part of the world, and urged his followers to distant themselves from politics. Let these religious hypocrites expose themselves.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Pet79(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2013
Well said the church has no biz in politics. By their fruits we shall knw them. What nonsense.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Igwe9(m): 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
Like I always say, heavenly race is an individual thing, if your finger will cost you your soul, cut it off 'cos, it is better you make heaven without one finger than going to the hell with your whole body.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Clerverly: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
Thank God none of the groups wants to have anything to do with the killer party called PDP. These latest developments lend credence to the fact, that this Poverty Development party headed by the clueless president is our common enemy. Need I say more! lipsrsealed
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by vedaxcool(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
boo poor defense from CAN, they seem only interested in saying you nko, than addressing the issues raised, the CAN president seem to hate everybody, hates muslims, hate catholics, i mean they is something pretty wrong with his leadership stlye.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
This shoddy defence by the 'Attack Dog' is to say the least, a vindication of the decision of the Mother Church to pull out from this politically compromised body. Notice how he enmeshed the whole Catholics in a seeming show of long seethed negative stereotype and ending up addressing none of the issues raised. When all the taps are running dirty....Check the reservoir (Head). What my lordships have done is to revert to the historically proven known source of clean water.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by GARRIx7(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Crappy response... Bereft of intelligence or common sense!!!

2 Likes

Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Wadeoye(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
And all these rogues are annointed oooo.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by ballabriggs: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
“There are some certain elements in the leadership of CAN led by Cardinal John Onaiyekan because he lost CAN Presidency to Oritsejafor who has a lot of achievements.”

Now who is PDP? This is the type of response you will get from the smelly brain of Olisa Metuh aka Fraudulent Nigerian and Doyin Okupe- the fat ugly pig.

Instead of addressing the issues they chase shadows thus showing how unintelligent they are.

Rest In Peace to the Christian Association of Nigeria. CAN has gone to the dogs.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
More like southwest catholic wanting to pull out simply because a southwesterner is not CAN president.how many times did the pentacostals,rccg,trem,methodist,ecwa,cocin,winners and others threaten to pull out of CAN all these years that catholics have had leadership of CAN.it seems tribalism alone will stop some men of god from seeing heaven.all these years christians have been victims of religious crises,what have previous catholic leadership done apart from holding lame press conferences and releasing parcifist statements even when audio and video tapes evidence of islamic prechers inciting moslems into violence against christians is openly available in the market and islamic video shops.if any group of catholic wish to leave CAN,they should do so and not forget to shut the door behind them.Oritsejafor is not a catholic so catholic should not expect him to act or behave like them when christians are being attacked and killed in various parts of the north and middlebelt.They can leave if they so wish,theyll find out that they are alone,it wont be any different from the failed occupy nigeria sectional protests.

1 Like

Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by freegaza(m): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
So...the christian voted for oritsejafor instead of John cardinal onaiyekan?SMH
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
Boyoorisha: The crisis brewing within the Christian Association of Nigeria does not seem to be abating with the association giving the Catholic Church the go-ahead to pull out of the religious group.

The Catholic Church recently decided to pull out of CAN noting that it no longer stood for what it was initially set up to do.

In a letter signed by the Administrator of the Catholic Diocese of Abeokuta, Monsignor Christopher Ajala, on Tuesday, the Catholic Church alleged that CAN had become an arm of government.

“The Catholic Church took their stand before the purchase or the aircraft was donated to him. But what the Catholic Bishops Conference is complaining about is about the way they are running the national CAN now that is not meeting the objectives and the goals of CAN and the forefathers of CAN.

“CAN is now being run as part of the government and we said no.

“Because they (government) will dictate to us what to do and they will not take our advice seriously. The Catholic Church decided to withdraw from the activities of CAN at national level; we are still part of the state. We made our stand clear in November, last year, and by December, the man bought a jet. I don’t know how he got it but the president was there on that day the jet was delivered to him.

“So, what we are saying is that our religious leaders should be honest, upright and they should also be the conscience of this nation.

“If you are bought, the masses of this country are finished. If you can use money to buy our religious leaders, then there is no hope for the common man. That is the Catholic Church’s stand. We are supposed to speak for the people to correct the wrongs in the society and assist every government to know the will of God for them and we still stand by that.”

But in its reaction to the allegations made against it by the Catholic Church, the leadership of CAN attributed the problem to the inability of a Catholic Church candidate to wrest power from the current CAN president, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor.

According to the Public Relations Officer of the 19 Northern States of CAN and Abuja, Sunny Oibe, “There are some certain elements in the leadership of CAN led by Cardinal John Onaiyekan because he lost CAN Presidency to Oritsejafor who has a lot of achievements.”

Oibe whio spoke with reporters in Abuja on Wednesday continued saying, “There is no need for anybody to lose sleep over the threat by Catholics to pull out of CAN because without them CAN will still continue. The constitution of CAN makes provision that membership can be terminated by any group that is misbehaving or any group can also terminate their membership.

“Why is it that when Catholics were in the leadership of CAN, every bloc supported them, but now because power has changed hands, they are threatening to pull out and causing confusion?

“They have been agitating that the Presidency of CAN must come from the South.
They are an appendage of PDP and PDP themselves. They are known for double standards. A man of God should not be double speaking.”

Oibe reportedly continued saying, “The Catholics are claiming that the current CAN leadership has deviated from the vision of the founding fathers when they don’t even know how CAN came about.

“Catholics have accused the present CAN leadership, led by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of being pro-government. But if you look at the whole scenario, you will be able to find out who between Oritsejafor and Onaiyekan is closer to government.”

“The problem of Catholics is that they always display arrogance in knowledge. They don’t want to be under anybody but they want everybody to be under them. It doesn’t work like that because there is no seniority in CAN,” Oibe said.

I think it's time people stopped going to church and truly serve god in the corner of their bedrooms.This altercation between CAN and the catholic church is just embarrassing.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by gregg2: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
Onaiyekan has been CAN president before. He cannot remain CAN president for life.
I heard this thing is rotational among Catholic, Methodist, Anglican and penticostal.
Oritsejafor is doing the turn of Penticostal and in no time the mantle will shift.

If Catholic eventually pull out, by the time it gets to their turn, other groups might want
to pull out too. They should settle amicably. It's give and take.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
gregg2: Onaiyekan has been CAN president before. He cannot remain CAN president for life.
I heard this thing is rotational among Catholic, Methodist, Anglican and penticostal.
Oritsejafor is doing the turn of Penticostal and in no time the mantle will shift.

If Catholic eventually pull out, by the time it gets to their turn, other groups might want
to pull out too. They should settle amicably. It's give and take.

Did Onaiyekan dine and wine with Jonathan ? I think the catholic church are just angry at the way Oritsejafor go about kissing politicians' assses.

1 Like

Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by gregg2: 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I think it's time people stopped going to church and truly serve god in the corner of their bedrooms.This altercation between CAN and the catholic church is just embarrassing.

Far from what you think. CAN is not a church.From origin CAN was set up as a christian
pressure group sort of. It is a political body whether you like it or not. All fomer CAN
presidents have played politics with heads of government one way or the other.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
gregg2:

Far from what you think. CAN is not a church.From origin CAN was set up as a christian
pressure group sort of. It is a political body whether you like it or not. All fomer CAN
presidents have played politics with heads of government one way or the other.

Did any catholic former president dine and wine with politicians ? Yes or no. Did Onaiyekan dine and wine with politicians ? Yes or no.we are not talking about CAN but the intolerable attitude of pentecostal CAN presidents which the catholics don't like.

1 Like

Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
What's all this noise? Only because catholic want to leave CAN it simply means that Catholic is CAN and CAN Catholic....
I smell the end of the so called CAN. How do they manage to believe that Catholic ll be under a man of Orisejefor caliber?
The problem was the erection that brought him in, i had about how he bought other members of CAN executive to vote for him, the erection was fraud
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Omen100(m): 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
interesting, now I have no regrets of being a free thinker and maybe with time I will graduate to become a full time atheist because religion suck's & please keep any poo you have to say to me, thank you.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Omen100: interesting, now I have no regrets of being a free thinker and maybe with time I will graduate to become a full time atheist because religion suck's & please keep any poo you have to say to me, thank you.

Your signature says you believe in Amadioha cool
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Goddex: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
@Sunhir
Stop
peddling lies, he didn't need to bribe anyone. Oritsejafor was
Penticostal president when it got to the turn of the Penticostal body to produce the next CAN President.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
Whoever believed Oritsejafor was a man of God to start with
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Goddex: 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nigerian Press will perish this country with lies, half-truth, and mischief.

Catholic Secretariat just released a press statement debunking media reports that it has pulled out of CAN.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Belmot(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
Roffo roffo fight
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by mudistr(m): 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
so men of God they fight themselves. Shei!!. I hope them no they use my tithe fight this battle o
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Igwe9(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
Goddex: Nigerian Press will perish this country with lies, half-truth, and mischief.

Catholic Secretariat just released a press statement debunking media reports that it has pulled out of CAN.

Not until I see the so called press release.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by mbulela: 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
different sides of the same coin.
Thankfully both the CAN and CCN do not represent all Christians.
Re: “they Are An Appendage Of PDP And PDP Themselves” – CAN Fires Back At Catholic by Wendyslim(f): 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
Part one

(1) (Reply)

I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai / Buhari: APC Will Win 2015 Presidency / Phcn And Their Abuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.