Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! (15815 Views)

BBM for iPhone and Android is officially available / Best Websites To Download Hd Symbian Games And Apps? / What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by reindeer: 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
Shaw007: i thought i was the onLy one thinKing this Oh . . . How can One possibLy get tired of an iphone??
UnLess u sincereLy only want to try something New,i dnt think u can get tired!

Well, probably works for you guys, i got an iphone 4 on O2 contract in 2011. . .was considering the iphone 5 or waiting for the iphone 5s, but then i saw and tried the nokia lumia 920 at a phones4u store and fell in love and i haven't regretted it.
For me i would say it is the best smart phone on the market now( i haven't tried the galaxy S3 though).
I know apple has a formidable PR machine but just look at total phone shipments by companies in 2012 and you'd be surprised to realise first was samsung, followed by nokia with apple trailing a distant third.
see link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21192913
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by texazzpete(m): 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
reindeer:

Well, probably works for you guys, i got an iphone 4 on O2 contract in 2011. . .was considering the iphone 5 or waiting for the iphone 5s, but then i saw and tried the nokia lumia 920 at a phones4u store and fell in love and i haven't regretted it.
For me i would say it is the best smart phone on the market now( i haven't tried the galaxy S3 though).
I know apple has a formidable PR machine but just look at total phone shipments by companies in 2012 and you'd be surprised to realise first was samsung, followed by nokia with apple trailing a distant third.
see link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21192913

That's total phone shipments...smartphones + dumbphones. When it comes to smartphones, Nokia's nowhere near Apple or Samsung.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by reindeer: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ok.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by plato00: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2013
nokia has moved to windows phone and possibly majorly androi
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by femoric9: 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
Oh My Symbian ! U made me a phone freak,now u wanna leave me in d hands of some untrusted friends (windows,android,ios&bb). Don't forget u thot me how to tweak,how to hack and made me for in love with ur father (nokia). Rememba u introduced me to dat lovely girl 'Nokia 6600' and that cheap small cute 3230c,then u brought Nokia 6630 to my life again.I knew N series family because of u and Nokia N70,N72,N95 and N97 later became gud frnds of mine. The E series family house was our last meeting place,u gave E7 to me to love and she is still my last and present love. Though d Blackberrys and Iphones of dis world tried coming btw us but they all failed cos they cudn't do wat u cud do to me.Oh ! Rememba i do hold u close from morin till 9t,and yet u will neva complain of heat,headache & other ladies regular complain of low power. So sweet memories are d lovely games and apps i play wit u (Brothers in arms,blacklist,call recorder,etc) are d few i can mention. I love u so much because u re not too demanding,u give me games and apps for free not like ur fellow sisters and frnds.I can easily exchange apps via bluetooth through d file explorer u provided me. Oh! My symbian,u re too sweet. I will never forgive ur dad (nokia) for sending to ur early grave. No other woman can ever be like u 'Love u forever'.

3 Likes

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2013
bigfat01: [size=15pt]blackberry finally kill dem ...[/size]
which useless blackberry blackberry na phone,? we talking android u talking nonsense
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Trippledots(m): 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Thats what i call a hero....he knows when to bow out of the stage.....

***sent from ma everstrong e71***
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by godwinkessi: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2019
majour:
started from the den n70 down to n72 to n73 to n95 to n96 now using the n97, lord ive lived a symbian life, now that life is bin taken away from me.
Its time to swim with the andriod platform, bt nt until am tired of my n97 it still rocks like crazy

RIP SYMBIAN OS

What phone are u using now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction / TECNO F2 Unboxing And Full Review: Affordable Android Powered Smartphone(Photos) / Checking Privated Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.