Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) (24054 Views)

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / Fashola - Ambobe Handing Over: Tafawa Balewa Square Tastefully Decorated (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) by omayyi: 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
Tusky44:

Hahaha fool..... His policies led to his waterloo. Bite a bullet for him if you care so much. Ba5tard tongue
no need...over 2 million ibo souls paid for the folly of the ibo officers...you can laugh some more.

2 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) by blackmale(m): 6:44am On Jan 29, 2013
This video is amazing. Balewa spoke eloquently unlike other Northerners today. This video also shows you the respect Nigeria was accorded in those days. The world thought Nigeria would be a ray of hope for the black race. But they were absolutely wrong! Tribalism and corruption destroyed everything...
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) by idlaw2k3(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
blackmale: This video is amazing. Balewa spoke eloquently unlike other Northerners today. This video also shows you the respect Nigeria was accorded in those days. The world thought Nigeria would be a ray of hope for the black race. But they were absolutely wrong! Tribalism and corruption destroyed everything...

There is Hope.

3 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) by toshmann(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
idlaw2k3:

There is Hope.

My heart agrees with you but my brain strongly disagrees.

I think I'll follow my heart. . . . . there's hope, Nigeria will change for the better cool

But my brain says "not in our lifetime"
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Visit To USA (1961) (Video) by idlaw2k3(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
toshmann:

My heart agrees with you but my brain strongly disagrees.

I think I'll follow my heart. . . . . there's hope, Nigeria will change for the better cool

But my brain says "not in our lifetime"

It took courage for founding fathers of this great Nation to demand for independence from the Brits, they were ready to lay down their lives to defend their call for freedom and justice. Thats why they were respected.

It will take courage from us today to change this country.... It will change in my lifetime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Yuguda & Emir Of Bauchi Playing Football / Court Orders Man To Wash Public Toilets For 30 Days For Being Rude / ANAMBRA GUBER!!! Checkout Maduka's Accord With Ndi Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.