Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari (2882 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni / Who Is Gen. Muhammed Buhari ? Detailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by zegtech(m): 5:28am On Jan 25, 2013
Here's what OBJ has to say about Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari......... ......Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is an upright man. Not many people know that his 1st daughter is married to an Igbo man from Anambra. He exempted Christians from performing duty on Sundays.

When his Muslim soldiers asked him to exempt them from duty on Friday, he told them the bible says Christians should rest on the 7th day, the Muslims should show him where the Koran says they should rest on Fridays.

As head of state he slashed the number of Muslim going on pilgrimage by 50%. His driver and cook for the past 10 years plus are Christians yet some uninformed Nigerians say he is a bigot. It is a pity that some people failed to understand that PDP deliberately capitalised on the gullibility of Nigerians to paint him black. This they did in order to keep their loot and ensure that he never gets the opportunity to send them to gaol.

How many Nigerians would hold the appointment of government, minister of petroleum, PTF chairman and head of state yet don’t own a house in Abuja? He has only one house and never kept a foreign account.Love him, hate him you cannot take his integrity away from him.

4 Likes

Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 25, 2013
2015 campaign don start be that!!

1 Like

Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by braine(m): 6:04am On Jan 25, 2013
Its only backward thinkers that won't acept the fact that this man is the right person to govern this country for the desired change. I believe this statement is true even if there's no source.

1 Like

Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Chanchit: 7:06am On Jan 25, 2013
NL would finally make me vote for this man.. The only thing I've been hearing are reasons why I should vote for him, anyway I'm still waiting for reasons why I should vote for someone else. I knw he might not be up to what they make him look like, but I knw he can't be as worse as this GEJ, cos currently we don't have a country.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by braine(m): 7:09am On Jan 25, 2013
Chanchit: NL would finally make me vote for this man.. The only thing I've been hearing are reasons why I should vote for him, anyway I'm still waiting for reasons why I should vote for someone else. I knw he might not be up to what they make him look like, but I knw he can't be as worse as this GEJ, cos currently we don't have a country.

I hope you're not one of those who voted for GEJ. I hope you make the right decision next time. Buhari is not a bad choice tho wink
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Flye: 7:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Ummmh! Op are sure OBJ said something like that about his PDP? Ummmh if it is true then the house divided agaist itself can not stand. I fear sabotage for pdp very soon.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Akshow: 7:50am On Jan 25, 2013
If only naija will for once not let sentiment blind their better judgment. That man is What we need. Na one chance we enter under jona Thanks to the twenty two million retards that voted for him
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by ecosanders: 8:05am On Jan 25, 2013
Thank God i didnt suscribe 2 d FRESH AIR!
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Obasanjo never said those things. Obasanjo is incapable of speaking the truth.

However everything the OP said is probably true. I also heard that one of Buhari's wives is or was a christian.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by slimghost(m): 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
zegtech: Here's what OBJ has to say about Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari......... ......Gen.

How many Nigerians would hold the appointment of government, minister of petroleum, PTF chairman and head of state yet don’t own a house in Abuja?

Sharrap. Buhari himself told us of his house in abuja.Anyway, i think he is an upright man with the masses interest at heart! he has my vote come 2015. With the rot we are experiencing right now, we should all give him a chance.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Buhari does not even have a house in Abuja, if you remember he was forced to move out of the rented place he had in Abuja and move back to Kaduna because of high rents in Abuja
slimghost:

Sharrap. Buhari himself told us of his house in abuja.Anyway, i think he is an upright man with the masses interest at heart! he has my vote come 2015. With the rot we are experiencing right now, we should all give him a chance.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by PointB: 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
How much was a plot of land in Abuja in the 70s and early 80s when buhari was in his prime? If Buhari has no house in Abuja, it has nothing to do with been clean or upright. Rather, it has more to do with been clueless, lacking foresight, and no ability to make realistic future projection.

After several years of (paid) service to Nigeria, not saving enough money to purchase a land and build house in Lagos and Abuja, it a thing of shame not of pride.

Clueless, visionless, dour folks like buhari will be a danger to Nigeria. His time has past, let him go and bite his finger for wasted opportunity. We need someone with new ideas in 2015!
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by gregg2: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
People can lie to make Buhari look good.Buharis mansion at minister's hill in Maitama area of Abuja is well known. It's a very big nd about the finest house in that area.All keke napep operating in that area know it. Stop lying.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by gregg2: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
GenBuhari:
Buhari does not even have a house in Abuja, if you remember he was forced to move out of the rented place he had in Abuja and move back to Kaduna because of high rents in Abuja

Stop lying!!! You are a quiet thief like your master Buhari. Go to maitaima and ask any resident there about Buharis mansion.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by jmaine: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
Am praying the opposition camp force this dude called Buhari to contest again . . . . . His grave loss will be welcomed with much glee

Buhari please make yourself available in 2015 . . . . We need to slaughter your desire for the last and final time
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by kulikuli26: 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
GenBuhari: Obasanjo never said those things. Obasanjo is incapable of speaking the truth.

However everything the OP said is probably true. I also heard that one of Buhari's wives is or was a christian.
u heard??i thought u are Gen buhari's spokesman.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by tomakint: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Indeed, he was and still is, however being an Aboki remains his undoing! They have this life in them that gives room for 'ganging up' against the rest of us! If he emerges as President for instance, the Emirs, retired northern Generals, top politicians and business men of northern extract will rally round him and with enough pressure we are back in our "Servitude Part II" the more reason we don't need any Aboki for now cool
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^You seem to forget that Buhari has a proven track record of excellent governance as head of state
tomakint: Indeed, he was and still is, however being an Aboki remains his undoing! They have this life in them that gives room for ganging up' against the rest of us! If he emerges as President for instance, the Emirs, retired northern Generals, top politicians and business men of northern extract will rally round him and with enough pressure we are back in our "Servitude Part II" the more reason we don't need any Aboki for now cool
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by Chongaiman: 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
zegtech: Here's what OBJ has to say about Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari......... ......Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is an upright man. Not many people know that his 1st daughter is married to an Igbo man from Anambra. He exempted Christians from performing duty on Sundays.

When his Muslim soldiers asked him to exempt them from duty on Friday, he told them the bible says Christians should rest on the 7th day, the Muslims should show him where the Koran says they should rest on Fridays.

As head of state he slashed the number of Muslim going on pilgrimage by 50%. His driver and cook for the past 10 years plus are Christians yet some uninformed Nigerians say he is a bigot. It is a pity that some people failed to understand that PDP deliberately capitalised on the gullibility of Nigerians to paint him black. This they did in order to keep their loot and ensure that he never gets the opportunity to send them to gaol.

How many Nigerians would hold the appointment of government, minister of petroleum, PTF chairman and head of state yet don’t own a house in Abuja? He has only one house and never kept a foreign account.Love him, hate him you cannot take his integrity away from him.

Hands of Esau, voice of Jacob. Could OBJ (of do-or-die-affair fame) have said this? As to his daughter marrying an Igbo, seeing is believing. Who tell am say Sunday na di 7th day? Has he heard about the 7th Day Adventists? Does the bible not say, "Render unto to Caesar what is Caesar's?" He should have rendered unto the 9jan Army what rightfully belonged to it.

He may have been a good Head of State - that was then. His short fuse would lead to his impeachment in a democracy in no time. Christians of northern extraction would do well to remember his shenanigans during the Kaduna Sharia crisis and the handiwork of his supporters after the 2011 presidential election. A leopard can't change its spots. BTW his incorruptible credentials are called to question due to his insistence that Abacha never stole anything.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by joseph1832(m): 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
PointB: How much was a plot of land in Abuja in the 70s and early 80s when buhari was in his prime? If Buhari has no house in Abuja, it has nothing to do with been clean or upright. Rather, it has more to do with been clueless, lacking foresight, and no ability to make realistic future projection.

After several years of (paid) service to Nigeria, not saving enough money to purchase a land and build house in Lagos and Abuja, it a thing of shame not of pride.

Clueless, visionless, dour folks like buhari will be a danger to Nigeria. His time has past, let him go and bite his finger for wasted opportunity. We need someone with new ideas in 2015!
Are you listening to yourself bro? So its a crime that he didn't steal money to build houses and buy land in every nook and cranny in Nigeria.

Can you compare the integrity of Buhari to that of GEJ and his cohorts? Even OBJ and Tinubu don't even have integrity as thick as that of Buhari.

Anyday anytime, Buhari's reputation makes him stand out better than many of those filthy PDP politicians!
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by eagleeye2: 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
I believe Gen Buhari is an honest and upright man. But I think it's time the General fully retire, his advice will still be valuable.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by PointB: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
joseph1832:
Are you listening to yourself bro? So its a crime that he didn't steal money to build houses and buy land in every nook and cranny in Nigeria.

Can you compare the integrity of Buhari to that of GEJ and his cohorts? Even OBJ and Tinubu don't even have integrity as thick as that of Buhari.

Anyday anytime, Buhari's reputation makes him stand out better than many of those filthy PDP politicians!

That is the problem with some of you - you dont read. And when you do comprehension is a problem.

Must you steal to build a house? Are you implying that all the houses in Lagos and Abuja were built with stolen money, and owned by thieves? Or in your mind you believe it is right for a 70+ old man, who have worked for most part of his live, to live in penury?

Guy, his integrity is not the question here, but his foresight and ability to project into the future. In my books a 70 year old man who earned substantial remuneration all his life and is unable to put up decent home for himself and his children is a failure!

Buhari clearly could not take care of himself, he can't be expected to do so for Nigeria.
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by egift(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the SMC & as the head of the petroleum dept was by nature taciturn & introvert. But he took any work given to him very seriously and if he failed at whatever he did, it would not be because he did not put his best, in fact, his very best. He was as reliable as he was hard working and HONEST"
– Olusegun Obasanjo ("Not My Will", University Press Ltd., Ibadan, 1990, Pg 59
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by kglamour(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
GenBuhari: Obasanjo never said those things. Obasanjo is incapable of speaking the truth.

His statement came on a day in
Abuja when Buhari’s character
was acknowledged by former
President, Olusegun Obasanjo,
who described him as an
“upright” man.[/quote]
www.saharareporters.com/news-page/i-may-run-2015-says-buhari•-he-upright-–-obasanjo
Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by MeAboki(m): 3:16am On Jan 26, 2013
tomakint: Indeed, he was and still is, however being an Aboki remains his undoing! They have this life in them that gives room for 'ganging up' against the rest of us! If he emerges as President for instance, the Emirs, retired northern Generals, top politicians and business men of northern extract will rally round him and with enough pressure we are back in our "Servitude Part II" the more reason we don't need any Aboki for now cool

See myopic reasoning.
Let me tell you, Aboki is not your problem; but unbridle insitutionalised CORRUPTION is. Wake up and smell the coffee or you'll forever remain in servitude, not just partII; but part III, IV, V to eternity.
OK, now that your uncle Jona dey for power, tell me how your life, your villge, or town or that of the masses improved - afterall no be Aboki dey rule.
Pls tell also how your leaders have been accounting to you for all the loot they been stashing away in Swiss accounts, SA, Dubai, London & American while sucessfully diverting attention/blame from themselves.
How is hating on Aboki going to recover these stolen loot let alone imrove on your wellbeing?.
My friend, save your hate for the real enemy i.e. corruption, it is the cancer of our society, consuming all and discriminating agianst none.
Fight it and win and free yourself from servitude.

1 Like

Re: Here's What OBJ Has To Say About Rtd Gen. Muhammed Buhari by joseph1832(m): 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
PointB:

That is the problem with some of you - you dont read. And when you do comprehension is a problem.

Must you steal to build a house? Are you implying that all the houses in Lagos and Abuja were built with stolen money, and owned by thieves? Or in your mind you believe it is right for a 70+ old man, who have worked for most part of his live, to live in penury?

Guy, his integrity is not the question here, but his foresight and ability to project into the future. In my books a 70 year old man who earned substantial remuneration all his life and is unable to put up decent home for himself and his children is a failure!

Buhari clearly could not take care of himself, he can't be expected to do so for Nigeria.

And this has always been the mind set of many Nigerians who think being wealthy and owning houses everywhere is a sign of prosperity!

Must one own a house or buy property? Your being myopic! Whatever Buhari chooses to do with his hard earn cash its his problem, not yours or anybodys.

In your own mind do you think Buhari is living in penury? And or course some the houses in Lagos and Abuja are not owned by thieves and who says Buhari doesn't own a home?

"In my books a 70 year old man who earned substantial remuneration all his life and is unable to put up decent home for himself and his children is a failure" that is according to you! We all view things differently! You should be more focus on a persons leadership ability than his earthly possessions!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn / Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / The Full Meaning Of Hypocrisy In Nigerian Brand Of "Democracy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.