Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn (2881 Views)

Ambode Will Consolidate On The Achievements Of Fashola- Oladunjoye / Breaking:ogun PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate,oladunjoye, Set To Decamp To CPC / Jonathan Is Weak –bishop Oladunjoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 3:25pm On May 16, 2013
Muslim students fault Lagos on Hijab

The Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria, Lagos State chapter, on Wednesday said it was not part of any decision on the use of Hijab in Lagos State public schools as claimed by the government.

Commissioner for Education, Mrs Olayinka Oladunjoye, was reported in the media to have said the decision not to allow the use of Hijab, except for prayers, was a consensus reached at a meeting chaired by the Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture Mr Oyinlomo Danmole and attended by stakeholders, including MSSN.

However, in a statement by the group’s Public Relations Officer, Sulaimon Alamutu, the MSSN said the claim by the government was tantamount to obstructing the course of justice.

The group said, “How can MSSN be part of the so-called stakeholders’ meeting where the decision on the use of Hijab was taken? This is ridiculous.

“How can we be demanding that the right of Muslims to use Hijab in schools be given them and at the same time consent to a ‘consensus’ that is antithetical to our demand? We were never invited for any meeting at any point in time!”

The society said it had dragged the government to the court on the issue.

It said, “Justice Oyewole of the State High Court had fixed May 27, 2013 for hearing of our suit. So, we wonder why the commissioner, who we believe, knows the position of the law, would come out to make such irresponsible pronouncement. Her action makes us to question her professional integrity as a lawyer!

“We therefore advise governor Babatunde Fashola to caution this woman before she destroy the integrity left in the government.”

“As we have stated in our previous positions, we will employ all legal and peaceful means to ensure our rights are not denied us. The constitution of Nigeria recognises the right to use Hijab in schools and nobody can take it away from us.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/muslim-students-fault-lagos-on-hijab/
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 3:27pm On May 16, 2013
ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE PRESS RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE: HIJAB BAN, MRS OLADUNJOYE LIED TO THE WORLD!!!

The attention of the Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria (MSSN) Lagos State Area Unit has been drawn to the purported ban on the use of Hijab in Lagos State public Schools by the state government.

The State Commissioner for Education, Mrs Olayinka Oladunjoye, was widely quoted in the media claiming that the decision to ban the use of hijab was a consensus reached at a 'stakeholders' meeting chaired by the Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture Mr Oyinlomo Danmole.

We want to state unequivocally that the claim of Mrs Oladunjoye was an absolute lie and an attempt to obtruct the course of justice.

The commissioner claimed in her statement to the media that the MSSN representatives were at the so called stakeholders' meeting where the decision to ban the hijab was taken. This is ridiculous. How can we be demanding that the right of Muslims to use hijab in schools be given them and at the same time we will consent to a 'consensus' that is anti-thetical to our demand? We were never invited for any meeting at any point in time!

Let us state here that the state government had reneged on its agreement to call us for dialogue since our mass protest of Februarry 28, 2013 to the Governor's Office in Alausa. The state government did not only reneged on all agreements but also ensured through delay tactics that the case is swept under the carpet.

The pronouncement by the commissioner is an after thought and a flagrant disrespect for the rule of law. We have already served the government court notice on the issue and Justice Oyewole of the State High Court had fixed May 27, 2013 for hearing of our suit. So, we wonder why the commissioner, who we believe, knows the position of the law, would come out to make such irresponsible pronouncement. Her action makes us to question her professional integrity as a lawyer!

We therefore advised governor Babatunde Fashola to caution this woman before she destroyed the integrity left in the government.

Such personalities like Mrs Oladunjoye and her co-travellers are not fit for public positionand should henceforth be removed from office.

As we have stated in our previous positions, we will employ all legal and peaceful means to ensure our rights are not denied us. The constitution of Nigeria recognises the right to use hijab in schools and nobody can take it away from us.

We will not relent!

Thanks.

Sulaimon Alamutu

PRO, MSSN Lagos State Area Unit

source: MSSN Lagos facebook page
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 16, 2013
What's the essence of this Hijab? What does it do? Can't students just wear normal school uniform?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2013
Prof Corruption: What's the essence of this Hijab? What does it do? Can't students just wear normal school uniform?

It's one of their religion obligations.

The essence and what it does shouldn't be your concern as long as it doesn't cause you any harm.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

The essence and what it does shouldn't be your concern as long as it doesn't cause you any harm.

Why can't they take their wards to Islamic schools if religion obligation is more important than learning?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Why can't they take their wards to Islamic schools if religion obligation is more important than learning?

You tell me how the use of hijab stops/hinders one from learning
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Ufeolorun(m): 3:54pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

You tell me how the use of hijab stops one from learning
I really do not understand why young girls would be forced to adorn such covering in the scorching Lagos sun.Typical Nigerian style; misplaced priority.Why cant mssn fight for better school conditions?it wont happen.Go look up the meaning of uniform.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by 9javoice1(m): 4:17pm On May 16, 2013
10yrs from now if nigeria remains united lagos will be a muslim state.
my yoruba christian brothers who pretends all is well oneday will say had we knw. bcus yoruba muslims are working tireless with fulanis to get that Job done.

too late will be the answer.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 4:56pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

why not go to an Islamic school if religion is the priority instead of education?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2013
tpia@:

why not go to an Islamic school if religion prioritizes education?

Because public schools in Lagos are for all Lagosians including Muslims!!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Obiagu1(m): 5:26pm On May 16, 2013
Prof Corruption: What's the essence of this Hijab? What does it do? Can't students just wear normal school uniform?

From Hijab to Jihad.
The essence of hijab is to measure the consciousness of Muslims to Jihad.
The higher the prevalence of hijab wearers, the higher the possibility of a jihad or bombs.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 5:28pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

Because public schools in Lagos are for all Lagosians including Muslims!!!

this is the same problem which is escalating in nasarawa.

what exactly is so difficult about following the school regulations concerning uniforms?

why must you create separate rules for yourself?

and these lagos public schools in question, were appropriated from church missions. Let them return these schools and everyone will be happy.

i dont see anything to get excited or worked up about!!!!!

christians are the ones who should be complaining over the govt taking their schools after they built them.

and may i ask you if there have been no muslims in lagos schools before now. Why is the issue suddenly a priority at this particular point in time? Because boko haram is fighting for an Islamic republic in the north, to later be extended to the south?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by musiwa26: 5:57pm On May 16, 2013
you are trying to get my opinion. Here is it. if you allow it. You will have problem with student bringing anything to school and wearing any colour to school. Which is not good for the system. hijab will cause skin problem for children in Nigeria because of heat. it will cause body rash in nigeria. some part in the north use it.

that decision is a local govt decision and not a federal decision

In places like borno , yobe, jigawa, sokoto, adamawa ,kebbi, zamfara, plateau,kaduna, kano, jigawa they should allow the children to wear hijab. because of climate condition. they have to have hijab on to protect them from sand..

I personally have nothing against it. But for a climate like Nigeria, which is very hot. I will not allow children to wear one for science reason. But for a climate like canada which is cool, i will allow children. even if you are not a muslim in canada. You need hijab as a christian because it is cool.

Hijab i believe is use in asia because of the weather. School are not prayer ground or mosque or a church. There are different type of religion. And someone religion may require them to come nake to school. Are you going to allow them to do that. The bible also state that women most cover their hair. but because lagos state govt have the last say.

I will respect the lagos state opinion on this. my advice is Why not make it uniform and make all female student to wear a hat to cover their head. Since what this muslim student want to do is cover their head.

that decision is a local govt decision and not a federal decision

nake religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oIw7RVw9I0

1 Like

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2013
tpia@:

this is the same problem which is escalating in nasarawa.
Please explain to me how the matter is the same as that of Nassarawa. I'm a leaner

why must you create separate rules for yourself?
what exactly is so difficult about following the school regulations concerning uniforms?
We are creating NO rules for our selves. If they are not allowed to wear hijab, it simply means that they are denied their right to practice their religion freely everywhere as stipulated in the Constitution that supersedes any other law in the country.

and these lagos public schools in question, were appropriated from church missions. Let them return these schools and everyone will be happy.
That will be better. Because the said schools will no more be public schools. Hence, Tax will not be used to pay the teachers. And also, all the schools founded by Ansar-ud-deen (a muslim society) and some others will also be returned. By that time, we would know if it's everybody that can afford to send his/her ward(s) to private school(s).

i dont see anything to get excited or worked up about!!!!!
christians are the ones who should be complaining over the govt taking their schools after they built them.
Sorry to ask, how many are these schools we are talking about?

and may i ask you if there have been no muslims in lagos schools before now. Why is the issue suddenly a priority at this particular point in time? Because boko haram is fighting for an Islamic republic in the north, to later be extended to the south?
Perhaps students that chose to wear it then were not abused. How can you describe the 43 strokes given to a girl of 12 because she decided to wear hijab And another suspended from school because her principal saw her wearing hijab on her way to school etc etc
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by gramci: 6:41pm On May 16, 2013
Thumbs up musiwa, going by arguments presented by muslims, nudists should come nude to school.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 6:50pm On May 16, 2013
Why must muslims continually create tensions and/or violence wherever they find themselves? It is a PUBLIC school for crying out loud! If you don't want to show ur face in public then sit at home. Your wahala has become too much I swear. Everywhere muslims are, it's always strife, strife.

What lousy denial of right is that? Schools have rules. You obey them or you GET OUT! We don't have to bend over to accommodate your lousy rules everyday! They can attend islamic schools if they want. No one is stopping them.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Why must muslims continually create tensions and/or violence wherever they find themselves? It is a PUBLIC school for crying out loud! If you don't want to show ur face in public then sit at home. Your wahala has become too much I swear. Everywhere muslims are, it's always strife, strife.

What lousy denial of right is that? Schools have rules. You obey them or you GET OUT! We don't have to bend over to accommodate your lousy rules everyday! They can attend islamic schools if they want. No one is stopping them.

Take a deep breath. Trust me, it helps.

Don't give yourself unnecessary headache. The use of hijab in public schools by whoever wishes to use it is not too much to ask. If you ask me...
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 6:56pm On May 16, 2013
gramci: Thumbs up musiwa, going by arguments presented by muslims, nudists should come nude to school.

Exactly! Every institution has its rules. If you can't obey them, don't join! Covenant university has its rules. They are within their rights to set those rules, and no one is obligated to go there. But if you do, you have no right to shout discrimination because you think you're special and everyone should bend over to accommodate your weird beliefs.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 6:59pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

Take a deep breath. Trust me, it helps.

Don't give yourself unnecessary headache. The use of hijab in public schools by whoever wishes to use it is not too much to ask. If you ask me...

No one should have to bend over for you guys everyday! It is a PUBLIC institution. You hear? PUBLIC!
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Exactly! Every institution has its rules. If you can't obey them, don't join! Covenant university has its rules. They are within their rights to set those rules, and no one is obligated to go there. But if you do, you have no right to shout discrimination because you think you're special and everyone should bend over to accommodate your weird beliefs.

@bold You are right.

We are talking about PUBLIC schools for crying out loud! Are Muslims taxes not among the money used to pay the teachers . Or are you saying that Muslims are not entitle to government facilities Don't you get it that not wearing hijab means that they are disobeying their Lord
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:

No one should have to bend over for you guys everyday! It is a PUBLIC institution. You hear? PUBLIC!

Shebi na democracy we dey use for Nigeria? Let's wait and see what the court judgment will be
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 7:14pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

@bold You are right.

We are talking about PUBLIC schools for crying out loud! Are Muslims taxes not among the money used to pay the teachers . Or are you saying that Muslims are not entitle to government facilities Don't you get it that not wearing hijab means that they are disobeying their Lord

According to boko haram, typing on a computer means you are disobeying your lord.

So why do you still do it?

And are traditionalists and christians also not paying taxes?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 7:14pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

@bold You are right.

Apparently, you have no clue what public means. It means for everyone, no special rules. If you want your special privileges, go form your own institution like CU and take your beliefs there. Simple. That's what private organizations do. As for public entities, they are not OBLIGATED to make accommodations for religious beliefs. Nigeria is a SECULAR state. As far as I'm concerned, they should stop all the hypocritical xtian/muslim prayers in public schools and events!

Take your sectarian/religious beliefs to such schools like CU did. No one will argue with you. Don't try to impose yourselves on PUBLIC institutions! Is that simple enough for you to understand?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:16pm On May 16, 2013
We have removed ijab, we have removed it na niyen! If una no gree, make u throw bombs like ur fellow northerners!

No be new thing for naija! We go still go work the next day!
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 7:20pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

Shebi na democracy we dey use for Nigeria? Let's wait and see what the court judgment will be

That is all!

I think the problem with many of you is you are so used to getting everything you ask for, that you take it as a personal affront and grow violent when you dont get your instant gratification.

For those of us who werent raised like that, ie who had to make do with little and who didnt experience bonanza everytime, we dont expect to get things all the time just by snapping our fingers and saying abracadabra.

Not saying there's anything wrong with having others defer to you all the time, but occasionally it gets jarring when you keep reminding people like me i am less important than you and my own needs and wants should continue to take a back seat while you keep on jiving and cruising everywhere!
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2013
tpia@:

According to boko haram, typing on a computer means you are disobeying your lord.
So why do you still do it?
Thank God you said wrote according to boko haram. It will be very ridiculous if they make use of the same device to pass information. Anyways, it's not about what some certain people are saying, it's about what Islam says. You don't want me to point out the things Christians have done in the name of their religion. You can't hold a Muslim accountable for another person's deeds

And are traditionalists and christians also not paying taxes?
Tell me how they are being denied of their rights. Even if they are, they have the right to ask for them according to the constitution.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:35pm On May 16, 2013
9ja voice: 10yrs from now if nigeria remains united lagos will be a muslim state.
my yoruba christian brothers who pretends all is well oneday will say had we knw. bcus yoruba muslims are working tireless with fulanis to get that Job done.

too late will be the answer.

Okoro, what is your business in all of this?

Your Governor just bought another Private Jet, what do you feel about this and what steps are you taking to ensure that your area is not destroyed by erosion?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2013
tpia@:

That is all!
I think the problem with many of you is you are so used to getting everything you ask for, that you take it as a personal affront and grow violent when you dont get your instant gratification.
For those of us who werent raised like that, ie who had to make do with little and who didnt experience bonanza everytime, we dont expect to get things all the time just by snapping our fingers and saying abracadabra.
Not saying there's anything wrong with having others defer to you all the time, but occasionally it gets jarring when you keep reminding people like me i am less important than you and my own needs and wants should continue to take a back seat while you keep on jiving and cruising everywhere!

I can't afford to hold myself from laughing out loud at this response. grin grin grin grin

Since you think hijab shouldn't be allowed in public schools, is the court not there to interpret law anymore
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 7:41pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Apparently, you have no clue what public means. It means for everyone, no special rules. If you want your special privileges, go form your own institution like CU and take your beliefs there. Simple. That's what private organizations do. As for public entities, they are not OBLIGATED to make accommodations for religious beliefs. Nigeria is a SECULAR state. As far as I'm concerned, they should stop all the hypocritical xtian/muslim prayers in public schools and events!

Take your sectarian/religious beliefs to such schools like CU did. No one will argue with you. Don't try to impose yourselves on PUBLIC institutions! Is that simple enough for you to understand?

I'm done with you. Let's wait till 27th of this month
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by musiwa26: 7:50pm On May 16, 2013
In place like borno , yobe, jigawa, sokoto, adamawa ,kebbi, zamfara, plateau,kaduna, kano, jigawa they should allow the children to wear hijab. because of climate condition. they have to have hijab on to protect them from sand..
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Olucheye(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2013
Here comes our so called muslims with their poo and bullshit.Bringing Religion right in the face of everything! Nigeria is SECULAR state...... Y'all want Hijab's please enroll your wards in a PRIVATE muslim school not a PUBLIC government school.

There's a glaring difference between Education and Religion. Want Education stay in the lagos the jankande's built with their sweat and not religious priorities. Want religion please relocate to Yobe or Borno. Your BH brothers & sisters await you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over-population, Not Corruption, Is Our Greatest Problem / Ijesha High Chief, Awise Of Ijeshaland Counters Osun Obas Over Walking Stick Ble / Akinwunmi Ambode—flaunts Degrees And Qualifications On Newspapers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.