Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid (3795 Views)

12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Malawian(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
we need to re orient the geography of this country. yaribaland is contiguous to aboki land. the middle belt is contiguous to south east and south south. i dont like hearing yaribaland labelled as south anything.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
Malawian: eziachi and wadeoye should get a room! like i said, no need for long stories. igbos dont really care about the presidency, we care more about someone who will not stand in our way of progress. yoruba and hausa fulani can do nothing but stand in our way. was it not obasanjo that rather than name anambra an oil producing state, openned his gworo mouth to declare the oil "as part of the nation's strategic reserve"? did he put a penny of fg money to prospect for it? how much have they spent looking for oil in the north? was it not obasanjo that nearly ran ibeto out of business? ran orji kalus airline out of nigeria, ran nwobodos bank out of existence, the list is on and on. we will not allow such to happen again. power will rotate between the SS, SE, MB till further notice. we have the spread and population to see to that. you annoying yaribas that will rather have the fulani retain power if it is not comming to you guys can go suck on an abunnam. make una no vex me for here o. heeemmm

My brother I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Malawian(m): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
Eziachi:
Power in the East, so the whole East is now the new heralded Dubai and all Easterners now Sultan of Brunei.
Hurray!
can you explain yourself? i seem to be slow tonight. embarassed embarassed
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Malawian: we need to re orient the geography of this country. yaribaland is contiguous to aboki land. the middle belt is contiguous to south east and south south. i dont like hearing yaribaland labelled as south anything.

I totally agree again.
The tenacity with which some Yoruba folks defend Fulani rule is mind boggling. A foreigner would even mistake Yoruba for one of the Northern tribes; honestly!
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by pazienza(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wadeoye:

Sir, you are an uncommon igbo and I respect you for that. However, the majority of your people are just too boring uninspiring human beings. They are not dynamic thinkers and one wonders what could be the problem of a people who have produced so many professors in the academics and other people who have at least travelled out of nigeria. I have not seen any difference between an igbo man in ladipo market and the so called educated igbos.

You have a lot of work to do to change the orientation of your people. Unfortunately I dont see how this can be achieved.
Taa! Gbafuo! Typical NURTW tout like you and your tribesmen should not have the audacity to talk ill of a people better than you.Agbero people.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Malawian(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Onlytruth:

I totally agree again.
The tenacity with which some Yoruba folks defend Fulani rule is mind boggling. A foreigner would even mistake Yoruba for one of the Northern tribes; honestly!
yoruba is said to be one of the 7 bastard sons of a certain bayagida or something, they are northerners imho. i dont like seeing them claiming south at all.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Malawian: yoruba is said to be one of the 7 bastard sons of a certain bayagida or something, they are northerners imho. i dont like seeing them claiming south at all.

It may be true, else I don't know how they could be this persistent in their support of Northern rule. They often put up this lie that "we are all Nigerians" to defend their open and relentless support for even FULANI elements whose legacy in Nigeria has been mainly bloodshed and tyrany.

I personally believe that it is possible for power to remain in MB/SE/SS for a very long time, at least until religious extremists are totally defeated in the North.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Wadeoye(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
Onlytruth:

It may be true, else I don't know how they could be this persistent in their support of Northern rule. They often put up this lie that "we are all Nigerians" to defend their open and relentless support for even FULANI elements whose legacy in Nigeria has been mainly bloodshed and tyrany.

I personally believe that it is possible for power to remain in MB/SE/SS for a very long time, at least until religious extremists are totally defeated in the North.

Look at the fooools... I pity your ignorance.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by pazienza(m): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
berem: of course he is not coming back to Aso Rock! majority of Nigerians have now realised that they wasted their votes.This time around,igbos will not vote for him because he is Ebele or Azikiwe.We shall vote for any credible leader who will take us to the promise land.
Biko park one side,which one be credible leader. If you believe an Igboman is going to vote for an hausa/yoruba man,ahead of an easterner,then you must be high on kunu.Nigeria is a tribalist country,every nigerian is a tribalist,failure to recognize that by Ironsi is what brought us to where we are today,stop being naive. GEJ might not give us all we want,but he won't stand on our way of getting whatever we want,can we say the same of the two civil war bed fellows.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
BTW I have always believed that Yoruba did not vote for Jonathan in 2011.
Much of Jonathans vote in SW came from SS/SE/MB people living in SW. Most Yorubas sat home and didn't vote in presidential election in that year.
That explains the low vote count from SW in presidential elections of 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by pazienza(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yorubas were never part of southern nigeria,they were a liability,the british yolked us with,one which we must free ourselves from.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
pazienza: Biko park one side,which one be credible leader. If you believe an Igboman is going to vote for an hausa/yoruba man,ahead of an easterner,then you must be high on kunu.Nigeria is a tribalist country,every nigerian is a tribalist,failure to regonize that by Ironsi is what brought us to where we are today,stop being naive. GEJ might not give us all we want,but he won't stand on our way of getting whatever we want,can we say the same of the two civil war bed fellows.

THE MAIN POINT. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
pazienza: Yorubas were never part of southern nigeria,they were a liability,the british yolked us with,one which we must free ourselves from.

I think we should stay with them in Nigeria, but make sure that they never rule.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by pazienza(m): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
Onlytruth: BTW I have always believed that Yoruba did not vote for Jonathan in 2011.
Much of Jonathans vote in SW came from SS/SE/MB people living in SW. Most Yorubas sat home and didn't vote in presidential election in that year.
That explains the low vote count from SW in presidential elections of 2011.
Of course,that was exactly what happened,the votes GEJ got from the people of lagos colony were mostly from non yorubas stationed there.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
berem: all i pray for is a competent leader no matter your ethnicity or religion.
Very nice to hear.
Just that me and you knew that in reality we both has more chance of travelling to the moon than that happening with Nigeria.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Onlytruth(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
I think that the most important point any Igbo person should bear in mind has been reiterated here by two posters (Malawian and pazienza ) and it is that WE MUST NEVER VOTE FOR ANY PERSON WHO WOULD STAND IN OUR WAY OF PROGRESS (Y'know blocking our entitlements and fair share in Nigeria).

VERY IMPORTANT!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
birdman:

You forget the goodwill Jonathan lost in the SW. He is not getting SW vote this time - his best hope is to split that vote by scuttling a CPC-ACN merger.
So you are now admitting that you too contributed making him the president in the first place? I thought you guys said it was Igbos Saddam Hussein kind of 99% vote win that clinched it for him alone?
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly. SW won't vote retardeen, even Pdp SW won't. NC is even tired of his failures. Igbos will still vote the retardeen even if he is much more useless than this. There is nothing anyone can do about that.
Can you blame them voting for him again? They are learning from you. Its just the same way you voted OBJ in 2003 even though you hated him more than dog shi*t and even sacrificed AD in the process.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
birdman:

I agree we should wait till the end of his term to judge. Question is, why wont Ohanaeze wait? They have already declared that regardless of how he performs, they will be voting for him again. If anything, it is Ohaneze that is tribalistic for non-questioning support
When has Ohaneze=Igbo nation?
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wadeoye:

Quite unfortunate. Anyway, I always read your posts with respect and abjectivity even where it doesnt align with my thought.
We can't agree all the time because we are no robot, that why we are human, I do respect your thought too, even when we don't agree.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
Malawian: eziachi and wadeoye should get a room! like i said, no need for long stories. igbos dont really care about the presidency, we care more about someone who will not stand in our way of progress. yoruba and hausa fulani can do nothing but stand in our way. was it not obasanjo that rather than name anambra an oil producing state, openned his gworo mouth to declare the oil "as part of the nation's strategic reserve"? did he put a penny of fg money to prospect for it? how much have they spent looking for oil in the north? was it not obasanjo that nearly ran ibeto out of business? ran orji kalus airline out of nigeria, ran nwobodos bank out of existence, the list is on and on. we will not allow such to happen again. power will rotate between the SS, SE, MB till further notice. we have the spread and population to see to that. you annoying yaribas that will rather have the fulani retain power if it is not comming to you guys can go suck on an abunnam. make una no vex me for here o. heeemmm
Get the room and I will pay for it. grin
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Malawian: can you explain yourself? i seem to be slow tonight. embarassed embarassed
Ok. Come back and read it again, when you're in sharp mode.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by dayokanu(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
Onlytruth:

History Showed us it was Ibos who always ally with Northerners

E.g Azikwe , Ekwueme, Sylvester Ugo, Ben Obi, Chuba Okadigbo, Ume Ezeoke
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Don't kid yourself. During all those you mentioned, there is always an Akinloye, Ogunsanya, Akinfosile, Akintola, Tinubu sniffing around.
You can hardly call that a specified alliance. Its more or less a generalised congregation.
What is an alliance is 1967-1970 because you are serious even to shed blood and allowed your own blood to be shed to make the alliance a reality.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by dayokanu(m): 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
Eziachi:
Don't kid yourself. During all those you mentioned, there is always an Akinloye, Ogunsanya, Akinfosile, Akintola, Tinubu sniffing around.
You can hardly call that a specified alliance. Its more or less a generalised congregation.
What is an alliance is 1967-1970 because you are serious even to shed blood and allowed your own blood to be shed to make the alliance a reality.

All those you mentioned were never part of any presidential ticket in Nigerian History. The partnership of Zik-Balewa, Ekwueme-Shagari, Tofa-Ugo etc has been ever present since independence and dont seem to be going anywhere soon

[size=18pt]2011: Ojukwu canvasses support for IBB[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/2011-ojukwu-canvasses-support-for-ibb/
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Ngodigha: 1:26am On Jan 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Abiola was an ally to the north and check out what his northern friends did to him.
See Abiola with his northern ally.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by dayokanu(m): 3:19am On Jan 27, 2013
Ngodigha:
Abiola was an ally to the north and check out what his northern friends did to him.
See Abiola with his northern ally.

Abiola was the senior partner with Kingibe being his running mates.

Azikwe, Ekwueme, Sylvester Ugo, Okadigbo, Ume Ezeoke were the junior partner on the various ticket
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by seanet01: 3:31am On Jan 27, 2013
pazienza: Taa! Gbafuo! Typical NURTW tout like you and your tribesmen should not have the audacity to talk ill of a people better than you.Agbero people.
Why?
At least he knows surely well one of his forefathers Samuel Ajayi Crowther, taught you IBOS how to read and write
IMAO
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by birdman(m): 7:42am On Jan 27, 2013
Eziachi:
When has Ohaneze=Igbo nation?

Of course its not. But I dont see any other Igbo speaking up. I didnt see any speaking up when GEJ fraudulently won 99% in SE either. Lets not even get into all the ACN Igbo candidates that were brutally assassinated last election. I didnt hear anything then either. If you dont say anything, then it means you agree with what Ohanaeze is saying and what is happening on the ground.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2013
Eziachi:
Can you blame them voting for him again? They are learning from you. Its just the same way you voted OBJ in 2003 even though you hated him more than dog shi*t and even sacrificed AD in the process.

So because yorubas once goofed, its time for the igbos also to make their silly decision. What about learning of others mistake. Me think they are just being stupid.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Ngodigha: 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
seanet01: Why?
At least he knows surely well one of his forefathers Samuel Ajayi Crowther, taught you IBOS how to read and write
IMAO
Please stop all this moronic fallacies in this thread. For your information, Crowther along side other Igbo repatriates established Church missionary society in Igboland.
Prior to this period, Ndigbo had their own form of writing called Nsibidi.
Aside Nsibidi, missionaries from catholic church, methodist, etc were active in spreading western form of writing.The credit does not go entirely to crowther.
The problem with dimwits in this forum is that they chat crap of Igbo history which they lack.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Wadeoye(m): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ngodigha:
Please stop all this moronic fallacies in this thread. For your information, Crowther along side other Igbo repatriates established Church missionary society in Igboland.
Prior to this period, Ndigbo had their own form of writing called Nsibidi.
Aside Nsibidi, missionaries from catholic church, methodist, etc were active in spreading western form of writing.The credit does not go entirely to crowther.
The problem with dimwits in this forum is that they chat crap of Igbo history which they lack.

All credits go to Ajayi Crowther - a Yoruba man. That is what the history says. Or you want to re-write history?

Igbos are ingrates after all yorubas have done to bring them up to this level.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cute Photo Of Generals Yakubu Gowon Muhammad Shuwa in 1970 / Israel Is The Real ISIS! / Biafra: Ex-Militants Threaten War If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.