Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid (3796 Views)

12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Wadeoye(m): 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Malawian: just know there is no type of rigmarole by u yaribas that will put you guys ever again within a heart beat from the presidency. we will always see to that, okay?

How do you plan to achieve that? Can you make one of your own president? You can't and you will never be able to? Ojukwu died trying... Whoelse in yiboland can even try it? I have not been able to see any.

If there is any tribe that will never smell Aso Rock, that tribe is Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by nuclearboy(m): 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
I believe he will buy PDP if he can placate OBJ! That is his real battle because OBJ seems to have gotten to a point where he wants GEJ out!

However, the chickens WILL come home to roost because this time, many will collect the money and turn against him! This same scenario played out in Oyo where people took money from PDP but voted their conscience! A reasoning GEJ will avoid humiliating himself as is likely to happen
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Gbawe: 9:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
nuclearboy: I believe he will buy PDP if he can placate OBJ! That is his real battle because OBJ seems to have gotten to a point where he wants GEJ out!

However, the chickens WILL come home to roost because this time, many will collect the money and turn against him! This same scenario played out in Oyo where people took money from PDP but voted their conscience! A reasoning GEJ will avoid humiliating himself as is likely to happen

Absolutely correct.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Malawian(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Wadeoye:

How do you plan to achieve that? Can you make one of your own president? You can't and you will never be able to? Ojukwu died trying... Whoelse in yiboland can even try it? I have not been able to see any.

look at me shedding tears here. msheew.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by lacasa: 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
#.. The inyamiri must be a slowpoke too cheesy
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by KENESAGA(m): 11:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
Wadeoye:

Igbos are hell bent on destroying this country - we wont allow that. Even tell your people abroad to come home to vote, GEJ will lose 2015 election.
GUY RELAX, GEJ STILL HAVE ABOUT TWO YRS, WHICH IS ENOUGH TO TURN THINGS AROUND IN HIS FAVOUR. I KNOW NIGERIANS, DON'T BE DECIEVED BY WHAT YOU ARE SEEING HERE IN NAIRALAND, 2015 WILL BE FULL OF SURPRISES, JUST WATCH AND SEE.BESIDE, I'LL BE HAPPY IF YOU CAN TELL ME ONE IGBO MAN THAN HAS DESTROYED THIS COUNTRY B4.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by KENESAGA(m): 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
Wadeoye:

THIS WILL COME AS A SURPRISE TO YOU PPL, REMEMBER, NO BODY EXPECTED ONE FROM MINORITY TO BE THERE, BUT TODAY, WHO IS THERE? SO TAKE IT EASY BRO.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 26, 2013
danjohn:

Demdem please dont be too quick to say that. In 2011 GEJ won 99% in Abia, 99% in Anambra, 98% in Imo, 95.6% in Ebonyi, and 98.5% in Enugu. In total GEJ got 4,985,246 votes in the Southeast while Buhari got 20,335 votes. GEJ netted 4,964,911 votes in the Southeast alone.

Demdem at the end of the day, we cannot make dismissive remarks about a region where we need to attract votes.

Lmaoooooo hahahahahaha

Chei, Nigerians. Poor things. Well, one day you'll understand your rights and you'll drag folks like GEJ, IBB, and OBJ and their cronies in the streets.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 26, 2013
KENESAGA:
I'LL BE HAPPY IF YOU CAN TELL ME ONE IGBO MAN THAN HAS DESTROYED THIS COUNTRY B4.

NNAMDI AZIKIWE!

Believe it or not, his actions in the early days of Nigeria are still mostly whats affecting the country till this day.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 26, 2013
Bigdigpussylova:
whether u as an individual support or not, what matters is what majority of Nigerians say by way of voting. Goodluck might not have performed as expected, but tell me any Nigerian past president who has been so praised while in office? the answer is non. let's be patient, let him finish and step down, den we can measure his successes and failures.
[/b]

I dont know what to say about people like you; you appear to be ignorant of your rights. When a President doesnt "perform as expected" you dont give him 2.5 more years to destroy you knowing it'll take at least 20years to rectify mistakes that it took less than 4 years to cause. You know what you do to such a non-performer? YOU IMPEACH HIM, not encourage others to be "patient" and ask them to "let him finish and step down".

Know your rights buddy. Being President is not a job you learn as you go. Its either youre ready or youre not.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Demdem(m): 7:07am On Jan 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Nothing would change about the SouthEast, SouthSouth North West and northeast in 2015 regarding votes. So we can asume the votes from those places counter themselves and balance out

Thats why the SouthWest and northCentral would be the difference maker

Exactly. SW won't vote retardeen, even Pdp SW won't. NC is even tired of his failures. Igbos will still vote the retardeen even if he is much more useless than this. There is nothing anyone can do about that.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by birdman(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2013
Bigdigpussylova:
whether u as an individual support or not, what matters is what majority of Nigerians say by way of voting. Goodluck might not have performed as expected, but tell me any Nigerian past president who has been so praised while in office? the answer is non. let's be patient, let him finish and step down, den we can measure his successes and failures.

I agree we should wait till the end of his term to judge. Question is, why wont Ohanaeze wait? They have already declared that regardless of how he performs, they will be voting for him again. If anything, it is Ohaneze that is tribalistic for non-questioning support
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by birdman(m): 7:22am On Jan 26, 2013
danjohn:

You are correct. The numbers I provided were not adjusted to account for electoral malpractices. I have a model that accounts for it so here is my summary. In 2011, the voter turnout in the NW was 54.5%, NE 54.2%, NC 47.7%, SW 32.3%, SE 66.9%, and SS 66.9%.

Given that voter intensity was highest in the NW, NE, SE, and SS and given that the results in the NW and NE were perceived to be more credible, we can account for the fraudulent votes in the SE and SS by pegging the voter participation of those regions to the voter participation in the NW and NE. Doing this will decrease the voter participation in the SS and SE by approximately 20%.

Once this adjustment is made, GEJ still nets 3,967,862 votes in the SE vs Buhari's 5,207,166 in the NW and NE (excluding Adamawa and Taraba). All I am saying is that we need some votes from the Southeast in order to improve our chances of winning the election. Right now, the SE and SS are very good buffers for GEJ. It will be a brilliant move by the opposition to eat into that buffer by winning 20% - 30% of the votes in those regions.

You forget the goodwill Jonathan lost in the SW. He is not getting SW vote this time - his best hope is to split that vote by scuttling a CPC-ACN merger.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Gbawe: 7:47am On Jan 26, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly. SW won't vote retardeen, even Pdp SW won't. NC is even tired of his failures. Igbos will still vote the retardeen even if he is much more useless than this. There is nothing anyone can do about that.

I continue to say that this type of talk appear redundant to me. From what is coming out of the PDP currently, a betting man would probably have safer odds putting his money on GEJ not gaining the PDP ticket let alone contesting in 2015. The way some talk here is casually dismissive of the many powerful men/caucuses/blocs and 'interest groups' within the PDP.

Jonathan got the ticket last time because many within the PDP, for one reason or the other, thought it best to support his ambition. Those reasons are now completely absent and there is no motivation at all for many to help GEJ within the Party. Add the treachery and backstabbing of GEJ into the mix and it is obvious GEJ's 2015 ambition will be robustly resisted. Why, for example, will Yuguda, Lamido or Aliyu help GEJ this time around with State delegate votes, entirely controlled by Governors, when they did it last time mainly because they thought GEJ would leave the coast clear in 2015, as he promised, to make their own Presidential ambitions more feasible?

Let GEJ get the PDP ticket first. He has failed round one as a sitting President who could not get his BOT chairmanship candidate over the line. That is a sign he will have it very tough.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by kheart(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Na today? U and i know dat ibos no get hope of rulin nja so d best option for them na to support AZIKWE ebele jonathan. Atleast im get ibo name sha.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by hustla242: 11:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Getting the ticket to probably going to be the hardest hurdle for GEJ- he does not need Igbos for that. In the unlikely event that he wins the ticket, the Igbo votes will be crucial in determing who wins the election. I'm not sure if this Ohaneze represents your average Igbo man though smiley
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Gbawe:

I continue to say that this type of talk appear redundant to me. From what is coming out of the PDP currently, a betting man would probably have safer odds putting his money on GEJ not gaining the PDP ticket let alone contesting in 2015. The way some talk here is casually dismissive of the many powerful men/caucuses/blocs and 'interest groups' within the PDP.

Jonathan got the ticket last time because many within the PDP, for one reason or the other, thought it best to support his ambition. Those reasons are now completely absent and there is no motivation at all for many to help GEJ within the Party. Add the treachery and backstabbing of GEJ into the mix and it is obvious GEJ's 2015 ambition will be robustly resisted. Why, for example, will Yuguda, Lamido or Aliyu help GEJ this time around with State delegate votes, entirely controlled by Governors, when they did it last time mainly because they thought GEJ would leave the coast clear in 2015, as he promised, to make their own Presidential ambitions more feasible?

Let GEJ get the PDP ticket first. He has failed round one as a sitting President who could not get his BOT chairmanship candidate over the line. That is a sign he will have it very tough.
I've been noting the arrogance in many of your comments. I just bookmarked this particular comment. God willing, I'll reproduce it when the PDP BOT chairmanship position is finally determined/elected.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by EkoIle1: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I've been noting the arrogance in many of your comments. I just bookmarked this particular comment. God willing, I'll reproduce it when the PDP BOT chairmanship position is finally determined/elected.

Na only bookmark? You sure you don't want to take picture too?
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
Clerverly: I am a full-bloodied Igbo man, but i would rather die than support badluck( sorry goodluck) angry angry angry
of course he is not coming back to Aso Rock! majority of Nigerians have now realised that they wasted their votes.This time around,igbos will not vote for him because he is Ebele or Azikiwe.We shall vote for any credible leader who will take us to the promise land.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by geeez: 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
Igbo Presidential Bid Sold Out!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Malawian(m): 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
birdman:

I agree we should wait till the end of his term to judge. Question is, why wont Ohanaeze wait? They have already declared that regardless of how he performs, they will be voting for him again. If anything, it is Ohaneze that is tribalistic for non-questioning support
power is in the east!!! no amount of blackmail will change that even after the next election. didnt you yorubas just exit the presidency? una longer throat no let una relax small abi? see as you guys are hounding jonathan -an ijaw, whis tribe feeds all of you. so if it wasnt for igbo people, you people in the west will never let the owners of the oil control it abi? una jona rants na for una-una. we know we-we and dem-dem.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Gbawe: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Insecure9gerian, bookmark all you want. You are just an immature sycophant not to be taken seriously by anyone. Even if GEJ manages to get his candidate elected as BOT chairman, after the second attempt , what does that prove? The BOT chairman of GEJ will control governors too to deliver delegates? Your messiah is nothing but a treacherous individuals who will likely be dealt with by the rest of his gang. What a smitten sycophant like you cannot realize is that it is the beginning of the end for the PDP if GEJ succeeds.

A criminal "nest of killers" the Party is but it is one that has still attempted to keep to the creed of 'honor amongst thieves' to maintain order while Jonathan wants to be totally 'rogue'. If GEJ destroys that unspoken and fundamental code for making things work, between very hardened and murderous folks, then the PDP is finished because no one should/would keep to any negotiated pledges/arrangements or agreement. Open chaos. You are slow. So I will give you a few days to take in the above. Anyway, wetin consign me? I will thoroughly enjoy the show.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wadeoye: Igbos, a major player? These guys like feeling important even when it is glaring they can only do follow follow.
Will no players make your evening then? grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
berem: of course he is not coming back to Aso Rock! majority of Nigerians have now realised that they wasted their votes.This time around,igbos will not vote for him because he is Ebele or Azikiwe.We shall vote for any credible leader who will take us to the promise land.
Is it as long as the credibility is directly linked to your village?
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
Malawian: power is in the east!!! no amount of blackmail will change that even after the next election. didnt you yorubas just exit the presidency? una longer throat no let una relax small abi? see as you guys are hounding jonathan -an ijaw, whis tribe feeds all of you. so if it wasnt for igbo people, you people in the west will never let the owners of the oil control it abi? una jona rants na for una-una. we know we-we and dem-dem.
Power in the East, so the whole East is now the new heralded Dubai and all Easterners now Sultan of Brunei.
Hurray!
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Wadeoye(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
Eziachi:
Will no players make your evening then? grin grin grin grin

Sir, you are an uncommon igbo and I respect you for that. However, the majority of your people are just too boring uninspiring human beings. They are not dynamic thinkers and one wonders what could be the problem of a people who have produced so many professors in the academics and other people who have at least travelled out of nigeria. I have not seen any difference between an igbo man in ladipo market and the so called educated igbos.

You have a lot of work to do to change the orientation of your people. Unfortunately I dont see how this can be achieved.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Eziachi: 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wadeoye:

Sir, you are an uncommon igbo and I respect you for that. However, the majority of your people are just too boring uninspiring human beings. They are not dynamic thinkers and one wonders what could be the problem of a people who have produced so many professors in the academics and other people who have at least travelled out of nigeria. I have not seen any difference between an igbo man in ladipo market and the so called educated igbos.

You have a lot of work to do to change the orientation of your people. Unfortunately I dont see how this can be achieved.
Many of them equally thinks that you are neither a thinker nor dynamic just as you think of them.
Thats the way Nigeria works.
And by the way, the Sir is very unnecessary, I knew you mean well. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
Eziachi:
Is it as long as the credibility is directly linked to your village?
all i pray for is a competent leader no matter your ethnicity or religion.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Wadeoye(m): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
Eziachi:
Many of them equally thinks that you are neither a thinker nor dynamic just as you think of them.
Thats the way Nigeria works

Quite unfortunate. Anyway, I always read your posts with respect and abjectivity even where it doesnt align with my thought.
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by aljharem(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly. SW won't vote retardeen, [size=18pt]even Pdp SW won't.[/size] NC is even tired of his failures. Igbos will still vote the retardeen even if he is much more useless than this. There is nothing anyone can do about that.

Could not have said it better
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by aljharem(m): 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wadeoye:

Hmmmmm i am not too sure about that. undecided
Re: Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid by Malawian(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
eziachi and wadeoye should get a room! like i said, no need for long stories. igbos dont really care about the presidency, we care more about someone who will not stand in our way of progress. yoruba and hausa fulani can do nothing but stand in our way. was it not obasanjo that rather than name anambra an oil producing state, openned his gworo mouth to declare the oil "as part of the nation's strategic reserve"? did he put a penny of fg money to prospect for it? how much have they spent looking for oil in the north? was it not obasanjo that nearly ran ibeto out of business? ran orji kalus airline out of nigeria, ran nwobodos bank out of existence, the list is on and on. we will not allow such to happen again. power will rotate between the SS, SE, MB till further notice. we have the spread and population to see to that. you annoying yaribas that will rather have the fulani retain power if it is not comming to you guys can go suck on an abunnam. make una no vex me for here o. heeemmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between Gej's Declartion And Buhari's Declaration. / Certain Predictions Of Who Will Win The Governorship Elections Across The Nation / Checkout Newly Introduced Additional Uniforms Launched By The Nigeria Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.