Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency (25365 Views)

Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by lalasticlala(m): 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
The Presidency has given 12 reasons why Nigerians must re-elect President Goodluck Jonathan for another term of four years during the March 28 presidential election.

This was contained in a piece titled “12 reasons to support Jonathan” published in the current edition of the in-house magazine of the State House, Abuja called Villascope.

It listed some of the reasons to include the present administration strides in road construction, railway rehabilitation, remodeling of airports, transformed agriculture sector and increased access to education.

Others are increased access to housing, improved power supply, improved water supply, better health facilities, reformed security infrastructures, economic transformation and increased Nigerians’ participation in downstream oil sector.

The Presidency said Jonathan met 4,500km of motorable roads but constructed/rehabilitated 25,000km of roads.

This, it said, had drastically reduced travel time nationwide.

It added that about five million Nigerians now travel by train after the present administration rehabilitated the nation’s railway.

On education, it said, “Jonathan built 125 Almajiri schools, 14 universities and special schools for girls in 27 states.

“He gave 101 scholarships to first class graduates to pursue postgraduate courses in the best 25 universities in the world.

“He sponsored 7,000 lecturers of federal and state universities and polytechnics for postgraduate studies to improve quality teaching.”

The Presidency further said 61,000 housing units had been built in the six geo-political zones of the country.

It said Jonathan also set up the Nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Corporation to provide about 200,000 affordable mortgages in five years.

On power, it said the present administration had completed 10 power plants, initiated the Nigerian Power Roadmap and successfully privatised the power sector.

It said under Jonathan’s watch, power generation was increased from about 2,000MW to over 4,000MW.

On health, it said life expectancy had increased from 47 to 52 while maternal mortality and under-five mortality have dropped by more than 50 percent.

It said Jonathan transformed the economy from third to first in Africa.

“With a GDP of over $500bn, Nigeria is the 26th largest economy in the world and the first investment destination in Africa,” it added.

It said Nigerians’ participation in the lucrative downstream of oil and gas sector had been increased, saying Jonathan’s local content law has given birth to an indigenous oil terminal facility with a arguing 7,000bpd with capacity for 50,000bpd.

“Pay back the good works. Support President Goodluck Jonathan,” it concluded.

http://www.punchng.com/news/12-reasons-to-support-jonathans-re-election-presidency/

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by EdCure: 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
I have a thousand and one reasons to do otherwise, & to support GMB15 (irrespective of what happens on NL) to bring the change that is badly needed in Nigeria.

Shame on those who (eat their vomit and) pledge their support to Jonathan for no reason other than stomach infrastructure and "some form of security"!

173 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
Oh no, now they are advertising what they've done to the masses... grin

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
Coming up with 1001 reasons i won't support a failure.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
And one important reason he should go back to otuoke is Security!! you are providing those facilities for who is not sure of surviving tomorrow??
saiBuhar#
vote for change!!!

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by freshness2020: 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
Only blinded folks like the posters up here will fail to recognise good things when they see it. They are just so naïve! Maybe I will excuse their naivety just for the love and good works you still have in stock for the good people of our great country, Nigeria!

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by SaiBuharii: 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
We dont care #March4Buhari

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by mikeynice(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Koroaso: 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
*#1 MILLION REASONS JONATHAN MUST GO*

1-Most" NIGERIANS" have been killed under GEJ'S WATCH!!
2-Not a single finger lifted against corruption.
3-Oil subsidy was removed and Nigerians didn't benefit in any way instead today dollar is 213 to a naira

Copy* the* list*
Add your own.....let's give him 1 million reasons
Enough is enough.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by tunex23: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
Presidency displaying their world class cluelessness!!!

PDP = People Decieving people

Presidency = corrupt criminal Gang

Weather they like it or not they must leave may 29th 2015!

41 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
Someone please tell GEJites to stop frustrating me on bbm.

Ambode inclusive.

8 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by itetemi: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
a collection of lies.that is why they use 3d animations for the advert because they do not exist in reality.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by clevvermind(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
Jonathan till 2019.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by NaLaugh: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
Politics is a sad sad game.

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by jorlons(m): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
This JonaTAN and indeed this election is becoming tiring each day

I seriously can't wait to see the end of this election and this administration.

As per his achievement I just want to say ''keep drowning in the ocean of LIEs you're almost @ d bottom''.

I really wish he was sensible enough @ d beginning of his administration. I also feel sorry for him sometimes but like they say it's too late to cry when the head is off.

On behalf of well meaning Nigerians I wish him the best of luck (Goodluck) at Kirikiri.

GMB is our choice for the next four years.
#Wehavedecided

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
Oshey baba made fp on fp

oga jona we dont need all this stories,if u were good,it wud be the citizens themselves that wil be advertising u,u wont even campaign

my advice =start packing your bags,zoning otueke,the earlier the better to avoid stoning >one love bro

march for buhari

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
The most hard working president Nigeria has ever had in recent times.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by LewisO: 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
I don't even know the usefulness of GEJ. This man spent 6yrs wasted without doing nothing, what is the probability of using four years to do something? undecided

And people wanna vote for such a failure, if this man get-in again that means we are aiming to be in an obscurity! undecided

We don't need GEJ... He's clueless. undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by wheesin(m): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
Zeezy99:
K
Ipledge:
L
LewisO:
Bootybuttchic:
J
jorlons:
k
PASDA:
HOLK,A
mikeynice:
v

And you want progress.. ..after u spaced booked like prostitutes undecided

3 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by westheimer(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
These are verifiable activities, i spoke with an APC guy earlier and he attested to the fact that Jonathan has worked well but only carry along wrong advisors e.g Deziani, Patience and a few more.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by clevvermind(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
EdCure:
A have a thousand and one reason to do otherwise.
you are a coward if you don't state the reasons here.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by tociano009(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
We don't want this to change I beg

6 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by doctokwus: 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Now that they have belatedly realised their personal attacks on GMB achieved the opposite result,they now want to travel through another route that's dead on arrival:advertising phantom projects and achievements.

There is no time to be laying bare all these lies of achievements,the only thing worth knowing is that GEJ and his campaign team are not known for saying the truth,even in front of the whole world on TV.

24 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by anytexy: 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mbaka why now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Deattorney: 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
JM
Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Elmickzy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
I hav decided #sai buhari

11 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Akinola1990(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Jonathan's administration has been powered by lie.....

This guys will host wordpress for you starting from 3,000 naira, install and design it. All you have to do is seat down and blog. they also give out free manual for beginner. you should check them out. www.onenetservers.com or call him 08136386437

Thank me later

5 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Zeezy99: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
This is really pathetic, GEJ can only be compared with a collage kid who struggled to have two credits out of nine possible credits and is now asking the world to celebrate him for at least not failing the whole nine... That's the summary of our kindergarten president

29 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by CaptainAmerica: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
GEJ till 2019 cool cool

11 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
Qiewz11:
Coming up with 1001 reasons i won't support a failure

apart from boko haram, immigration scam and "stealing is not corruption" have you guys said any reasonable thing?

5 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons To Support Jonathan’s Re-Election - Presidency by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
Picture don't lie angry sad cry lipsrsealed undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Setraco Inspects Aba Roads,Delivers City Blue Print.(photos) / Amaechi Responds To Justice Ngwuta's Allegations / Gov Badaru's Three Wives Get Special Advisers To Be Paid By The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.