Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 (19316 Views)

Zambian Woman Burns Her Husband & Sister For Having Sex. Graphic Pics / Stepmother Burns Girl In Gombe After Killing Her Mother & Sister / Woman Burns Niece With Hot Iron For Having Sex With Landlady’s Son (graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Arosa(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dimple Chick: Ah Ah,#1000. If d girl cum steal 1million nko. She go commot d two legs abi. Make dm put d hot iron 4 her YANSH. Mtchew

You sound like the woman in question.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by praisetech: 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
it is better than cutting her hands off as recommended by a religious believe
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by andyanders: 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Arosa:

Are we savages to implement/demand an eye for an eye justices? undecided

Why not for a woman with such heart? Using a hot pressing iron on a little girl? Why not and if not. She must be rewarded same way.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Arosa(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
andyanders:

Why not for a woman with such heart? Using a hot pressing iron on a little girl? Why not and if not. She must be rewarded same way.

While it may be a more or less normal emotional reaction to wish this person to be punished severely, and perhaps even in the same way as what she did to the victim, the question is whether you can build a society's judicial system on such principles of punishment. Punishment can serve different functions: preventative, rehabilitative, and revenge. Inflicting the same punishment on the perpetrator as what they did to the victim (similar to capital punishment) serves the principle of revenge. But where does it end, and what does it achieve? It makes more sense to focus on rehabilitation, i.e. to aim for a reform and reintegration of the individual into society. This is a principle pursued in many Western countries- examples include anger management classes, psychotherapy, or even parole. On the other hand, a punitive system based on revenge achieves nothing - it does not do anything other than satisfy primitive emotional urges, and teaches the perpetrator nothing. They may come out of prison and continue to pursue crime, but do it on the down-low, and out of fear of being caught, kill their victim(s).
Not to bore yo with psychological detail, but these are facts.

1 Like

Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by nkpommpko(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Hmmmm! Why the thighs, why not hand leg back? This woman, there is more to it than the 1000k
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by manny4life(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
andyanders:

You know, I kinda like share your ideology....Though it's somewhat for an eye for an eye, I ONLY advocate for that in the case of death. Death for Death penalty.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Etumgbe(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
Nawa oo. See how my body is shaking? God pls help us.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by UmmRumy(f): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
specialguest: Witch.

I wonder what kind of poverty makes some village parents 'sell' off their kids all in the name of apprentice...
spoken like someone who has never tasted poverty, cause if u have, really have ( i don't mean having only 5 naira left but not haven eating 4 days, being in debt & having a family 2 cater 4) u won't accuse people of 'selling' their children.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by andyanders: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Arosa:

While it may be a more or less normal emotional reaction to wish this person to be punished severely, and perhaps even in the same way as what she did to the victim, the question is whether you can build a society's judicial system on such principles of punishment. Punishment can serve different functions: preventative, rehabilitative, and revenge. Inflicting the same punishment on the perpetrator as what they did to the victim (similar to capital punishment) serves the principle of revenge. But where does it end, and what does it achieve? It makes more sense to focus on rehabilitation, i.e. to aim for a reform and reintegration of the individual into society. This is a principle pursued in many Western countries- examples include anger management classes, psychotherapy, or even parole. On the other hand, a punitive system based on revenge achieves nothing - it does not do anything other than satisfy primitive emotional urges, and teaches the perpetrator nothing. They may come out of prison and continue to pursue crime, but do it on the down-low, and out of fear of being caught, kill their victim(s).
Not to bore yo with psychological detail, but these are facts.

You are right but sometimes, we do not get those form of reform or rehabilitation in this part of the world as a result of a legal system that does not work. Such actions against minors should be a capital punishment to the offenders. If the offender know that he/she will get same punishment, he/she will not act that way. If you kill a minor, you must be killed.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by andyanders: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
Umm Rumy: spoken like someone who has never tasted poverty, cause if u have, really have ( i don't mean having only 5 naira left but not haven eating 4 days, being in debt & having a family 2 cater 4) u won't accuse people of 'selling' their children.

You said the truth. Don't mind some people coming here to display as all is well with them.All fingers are not equal and therefor, people should stop laying blames on the less privileged and blaming their parents on why they must give out their children. Some of these less privileged ones must have lost their bread winners and the society cannot help. Go to Synagogue Church of All Nations and you will find millions of such children and families been taken care of by Prophet T.B Joshua who has given out scholarships to these children and their mothers.
The Federal Government and states government cannot help these ones and they are been left to their own faith. Wicked country.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Arosa(m): 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
andyanders:

You are right but sometimes, we do not get those form of reform or rehabilitation in this part of the world as a result of a legal system that does not work. Such actions against minors should be a capital punishment to the offenders. If the offender know that he/she will get same punishment, he/she will not act that way. If you kill a minor, you must be killed.

Justice should be supreme and should not be compromised. I agree with you that this woman should be punished, it's the type of punishment you suggest that I disagree with.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by justice00(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
For God's sake,isn't there another way to punish her for stealing just 1k? The question is....what made the poor girl steal in the first place? And for the woman in question....hmmm...is she a sadist? Na wa ooo!
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by specialguest(f): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
batstan: U've never been there and i pray u n i don't find ourselves there. She wasn't sold, it is called self reliance. POVERTY is worse than HIV/AIDS. Maybe u've not seen it in action in ur neighbourhood * it can walk tall in Naija, just drive to some neighbourhood n see 4urself*

I may not know what extreme poverty is but I know a couple in my village who have 8 kids and a very insufficient means of livelihood. I learnt that woman tells everyone who cares to listen how she would rather eat sand and poo with her kids than send any of them to the city to serve a master.
I respect her ideology because child labour/slavely has eaten deeply into our society that the so called people who have the mandate to protect these children (i.e Naptip, wotclef, etc) are actually the ones enslaving them. Unfortunately most homes in the cities have these village kids as house helps and the kind of treatment lashed out on them is nothing to be proud of.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Ominiriches(m): 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2013
wonders shall never end in this Lagos.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Ominiriches(m): 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
While it may be a more or less normal emotional reaction to wish this person to be punished severely, and perhaps even in the same way as what she did to the victim, the question is whether you can build a society's judicial system on such principles of punishment. Punishment can serve different functions: preventative, rehabilitative, and revenge. Inflicting the same punishment on the perpetrator as what they did to the victim (similar to capital punishment) serves the principle of revenge. But where does it end, and what does it achieve? It makes more sense to focus on rehabilitation, i.e. to aim for a reform and reintegration of the individual into society. This is a principle pursued in many Western countries- examples include anger management classes, psychotherapy, or even parole. On the other hand, a punitive system based on revenge achieves nothing - it does not do anything other than satisfy primitive emotional urges, and teaches the perpetrator nothing. learn.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Artistree: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2013

I wonder what kind of poverty makes some village parents 'sell' off their kids all in the name of apprentice...

Wherein did u read dat she was SOLD off cos her parents are poor?
What crime did they commit makin her go learn a legitimate trade?
Now,instead of empathizing with the poor soul 4 being a victim of man's inhumanity 2 man, u're quick to judge her parents!
All fingaz are not equal & her parents did no wrong at all, ok?

1 Like

Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Artistree: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2013

Wherein did u read dat she was SOLD off cos her parents are poor?
What crime did they commit makin her go learn a legitimate trade?
Now,instead of empathizing with the poor soul 4 being a victim of man's inhumanity 2 man, u're quick to judge her parents!
All fingaz are not equal & her parents did no wrong at all, ok?
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by neobusiness(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
what will be her thought if same was done to any of her kids? Be considerate in all....God bless Nigeria
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by xrazzy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
The victim should even be happy say no be Zamfara state.......
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Artistree: 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
justice00: For God's sake,isn't there another way to punish her for stealing just 1k? The question is....what made the poor girl steal in the first place? And for the woman in question....hmmm...is she a sadist? Na wa ooo!
It was never proven she stole d N1k. We see dis fings happen in our local movies...Rich woman has spoilt kids & punishes househelp 4 evry sin commited by her children witout evn hearing him/her out.
Now ques is; wd she scald her own child for ANY reason?
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Everdora: 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
this is wickedness of the highest order. I'm sure human right activists are aware of this and the woman needs to face the wrath of law, why take judgment into ur hands? what is N1000? God help u if u don't have money for the girl's treatment and money u'll use to bail ur self by th time the court of law passes a better judgement on u.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by xrazzy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Everdora: this is wickedness of the highest order. I'm sure human right activists are aware of this and the woman needs to face the wrath of law, why take judgment into ur hands? what is N1000? God help u if u don't have money for the girl's treatment and money u'll use to bail ur self by th time the court of law passes a better judgement on u.
make i give you my account number?
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
Demonic woman! smh
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Kalemba1: 1:46am On Jan 28, 2013
Same tin should b done †̥ her. Shikina
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 28, 2013
An eye for an eye...
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by razznaija(f): 3:13am On Jan 28, 2013
This is the type of person that should have been sent to that aluu comunity.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by kandiikane(m): 3:28am On Jan 28, 2013
shocked

They should insert iron inside the woman's punny. WTF!
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Tonjeola1(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2013
The 15yrs old girl family don rich be that o + popularity in the government circle...hmmm.
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Flygerian1(m): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2013
wizzymate: There are no devils again in Hell.hell is empty, they all relocated to earth.
Relocated to naija, to be precise!
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Vekto: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2013
If the girl's parents had @ least checked on their daughter regularly,this wld neva have happened
Re: Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron For Stealing N1000 by Tmum: 8:21am On Jan 28, 2013
wizzymate: There are no devils again in Hell.hell is empty, they all relocated to earth.
datz tru.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspects Pose As Traffic Officials, Tow Stolen Vehicle (pic) / Accountant Fakes Own Kidnap In Lagos, Steals Company’s $50,000 (Photo) / Policeman, 18 Hoodlums Arrested For Causing Unrest In Apapa Area Of Lagos.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.