Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

How Do People Become Atheists - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do People Become Atheists (9774 Views)

Jesus Is The Reason Why People Become Atheists / Why Do People Become More Spiritual When They Are Poor? / How Did Black People Become Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
advocate666:

A fool asks who is Satan. Said just said let it be, and it became. Believe it or prove that I am wrong.

Why don't you tell us who satan is? If you know
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
ifeness:

Why don't you tell us who satan is? If you know

Satan is the wise one. The giver of life. The harbinger of death and destruction of the godly. The creator. The alpha and omega. The ruler of hell. The giver of wisdom, pleasure, health, wealth and happiness.

If you want him in your life, seek knowledge and he will come.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
advocate666:

Satan is the wise one. The giver of life. The harbinger of death and destruction of the godly. The creator. The alpha and omega. The ruler of hell. The giver of wisdom, pleasure, health, wealth and happiness.

How did you know though ? I do not think a giver of wisdom is bad. However you might be talking about ENKHI
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by traeces(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
All of you my friends especially my atheist friends, here are a few questions for you.
1. How much do you think Science and the entire body of knowledge has been able to discover as yet of all there is?
2. How much of it do you know?
I'll be back shortly
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
advocate666:

brother, if he is d giva of pleasure, life etc then wat is hell? Where is hell? Hw cn u prove he is in hell? y is he in hell? Abeg answer
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
traeces: All of you my friends especially my atheist friends, here are a few questions for you.
1. How much do you think Science and the entire body of knowledge has been able to discover as yet of all there is?
I'll be back shortly

I personally believe science is withholding certain information about extraterrestrial visitation to earth. I have read several book that shockingly prove that we have people like us in other universes. If we can visit another planet with our limited scientific knowledge, why can beings more advanced than us visit us in the past or presently.

I am convinced that the sky gods of the bible were aliens who visited and controlled the ancient people. Talk about the sons of gods(plural) The ancient man worshiped them, wrote the bible, same thing the Christians are doing today.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
traeces: All of you my friends especially my atheist friends, here are a few questions for you.
I'll be back shortly

Not much. But research is being carried out and new things are constantly discovered.

On the path of religion, nothing and no research is to be carried out because the men in control make their puppets believe they already have all the answers.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
ifeness:

How did you know though ? I do not think a giver of wisdom is bad. However you might be talking about ENKHI

You may call him whatever you want. That's not the point. The point it he exists, and you can't prove otherwise.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
LemonBoy1:

brother, if he is d giva of pleasure, life etc then wat is hell? Where is hell? Hw cn u prove he is in hell? y is he in hell? Abeg answer

Can you prove there is no Hell?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by wiegraf: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
toba: Apologies to Goshen Mazaje and co.
Good boy. U are gradually coming up. Can u now see the reason why i've refrained myself from answering ur questions? Judging by the number of times u've mentioned the word mor.on, it only shows that u may be one urself. Also u did admitted to seldom being one. Any need to continue with you? You're a liar. I didnt use insulting word that directly depicts abuse like name calling, but you did first. Never. Im only giving u the benefit of a doubt that you really deserve to be responded to. Maybe because you need to work on ur comprehension skills. anything wrong with ur a$$? You posited above that if there's a need to respond to a mor.on. You also confirmed being one and have indeed acted like one thus far, why should i respond to a mor.on? If u give a convincing response, i may decide to respond.

I've seen it. its my post. I dont get why u quoted it in the first place. seems u're running out of gas.

ok. Thks for the complement grin

yes it is.

I see. I have the right to my choice of word provided its within the confinement of the forum rules. Pathetic in my post is an emotional word which has to do with feelings and not a direct insult at anyone. Guy are u this dumb? can u compare that with ur choice of words? SMH seriously.

No. Im not posting Nonsense and havent posted nonsense. It may be easy for a mor.on to mix things up. isnt it?

This is called trolling. I believe it takes an a$$ to recognise an a$$.

Yes. ignorance and frustration leads people to atheism. This is a direct response to the OP. I've heard testimonies of ex atheists and this is one of the reasons that led them into Atheism. still trolling. You could have ignored it. or do u respond to every post u read on NL? You probably wanted my attention, hence responding to my post.

well thats ur biz. I care less if u are an atheist or not. its a matter of choice. 'how do people become atheist' my response ignorance and frustration leads to atheism. simple.

frustration on display again. You'll realize that u are agitated and it only shows how frustrated you are. I'll do my best to be civil in my response to you. You're trolling and seeking my attention. Dont worry, for as long as u want my attention by responding to my post, i'll indulge you. cheesy

Happy sunday.

More?

Yes more, my good g.nat. You still insist on playing the victim. No matter how you try to dress it good ser, you are an a$$. Deliberate on it slowly, or at least try.

You call people pathetic and then try to cop with the word 'emotional'. It was not directed at anybody? My good reta.rd, then who in this universe was it directed at then? Not us, was it you then? We should indulge your emotional outbursts why? I thought you enjoyed claiming to be mature. You think a mature would deem adding that word as necessary? Oga eediot, do think before you post, or at least try. And do note, I am not discussing with you, I am schooling you.

Now, you've called us (you retract and say some of us, but you go back to all again) ignorant, frustrated and pathetic. The questions has always been very simple; is that your opinion or some sort of fact? Ie, is this the opinion of a confirmed self-important wants-to-be-a-petty-tyrrant-when-he-grows-up (like a gateman in abuja, that kind of mentality) deluded mor.on, you, who misses simple things and insults others? Or is it some sort of established fact?

Very simple kweshions, no?

Continue with accusations of frustration and what not if they please you of course, but you can confirm from anyone who's followed my posts in any capacity if you will, I am simply giving you the moro.n treatment. I treat all geniuses who qualify with equal contempt. To be fair, most are just jerks, not stoopid like you, so there's less need to constantly remind them they're mor.ons. I mean, you do note I am not blindly schooling you, yes? I have given reasons for all I do, no? I'm not just randomly hurling abuses. But of course, please continue to delude yourself into thinking you're some sort of important market women's association leader, your prerogative even if it is pathetic (don't misunderstand, my use of the word 'pathetic' is emotional, it is not directed at anyone).
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
ifeness:

I personally believe science is withholding certain information about extraterrestrial visitation to earth. I have read several book that shockingly prove that we have people like us in other universes. If we can visit another planet with our limited scientific knowledge, why can beings more advanced than us visit us in the past or presently.

I am convinced that the sky gods of the bible were aliens who visited and controlled the ancient people. Talk about the sons of gods(plural) The ancient man worshiped them, wrote the bible, same thing the Christians are doing today.

I somewhat agree with you. I'm strongly inclined to believe these things but I'll ignore it for now based on lack of evidence
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
advocate666:

Can you prove there is no Hell?

bro, i did'nt debunk ur reply. I am asking 4 u 2 provide me the rational behind ur answers, simple. So i as again, according to u, satan is d wise one dt gvs pleasure, life nd is in hell. So what is hell? Where is hell? Y is satan in hell as u said, is d earth 2 sml or populated 4 him? Wat of d moon, 2 sml? D sun nko, 2 hot? Pls i nid a reasonable answer (weither u r a xtain or atheist)
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by benodic: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ manmustwac

I will still NEVER go back to being religious because no religion can explain the existence of the dinosaurs or that the planet is more than 6000 years old. The bible even says that the world is flat and you and i know thats not true.

i am really surprised to read this. i thought that most atheists make efforts at least to study all the religions that are available on earth today before totally debunking them. are you limiting your attacks on religion on only Islam and Christianity?
seriously i wouldn't mind getting some serious criticisms from atheists about other religions as well like Hinduism, Buddhism and most importantly my own religion ECKANKAR. i have come to value these criticisms because they enable me to see things from another point of view and thereby learn some vital lessons.

funny enough, my religion recognizes evolution as very valid and even went on to explain why the dinosaurs went extinct. and more importantly my religion recognizes that the earth is very old indeed. we are talking of millions of years old.

at the end of the day every body of course is free to believe or not to believe in the existence of God if it makes you happy. i will keep on emphasizing that what matters is giving love to your neighbor without prejudice and without bias. and of course people should stop committing atrocities in the name of God.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
benodic: @ manmustwac

i am really surprised to read this. i thought that most atheists make efforts at least to study all the religions that are available on earth today before totally debunking them. are you limiting your attacks on religion on only Islam and Christianity?
seriously i wouldn't mind getting some serious criticisms from atheists about other religions as well like Hinduism, Buddhism and most importantly my own religion ECKANKAR. i have come to value these criticisms because they enable me to see things from another point of view and thereby learn some vital lessons.

funny enough, my religion recognizes evolution as very valid and even went on to explain why the dinosaurs went extinct. and more importantly my religion recognizes that the earth is very old indeed. we are talking of millions of years old.

at the end of the day every body of course is free to believe or not to believe in the existence of God if it makes you happy. i will keep on emphasizing that what matters is giving love to your neighbor without prejudice and without bias. and of course people should stop committing atrocities in the name of God.

As regards the buddhism, i love buddhism and i can't really classify them as a religion. To the best of my knowledge they do not believe in God and to the best of my knowledge every word that came out of the mouth of the buddha is true
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by benodic: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ Affiliated

As regards the buddhism, i love buddhism and i can't really classify them as a religion. To the best of my knowledge they do not believe in God and to the best of my knowledge every word that came out of the mouth of the buddha is true
i am glad to see that at least there is a religion you value. i also have a lot of respect for Buddha. this is a fellow soul who made efforts to penetrate the inner domains and discover arcane truths for himself which he taught to the rest of the world. it is left for us to make similar efforts and verify what he discovered or to bring out more unfolding truth that will make our journey in life better and easier.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
@Manmustwac
The bible even says that the world is flat and you and i know thats not true.

you lied! and it is because of your hatred that your knowledge about the bible is limited, lets see how your lies are exposed right inside the bible you claim to attack; more than 2000 yrs ago before a the so-called science, these facts are made known earlier!;

[size=14pt]circle of the earth[/size]

Isaiah 40:21-23

21 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22 [b]It is He who sits [/b]above [size=16pt]the circle of the earth[/size],
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

[size=14pt]water circle explained in the bible before science;[/size]

Job 26:7-10

7 He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.
8 [size=14pt]He binds up the water in His thick clouds,
Yet the clouds are not broken under it[/size].
9 He covers the face of His throne,
And spreads His cloud over it.
10 He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters,
At the boundary of light and darkness.

will you be humble to apologise for your misrepresentation? manmustwac, you erred in this, but i doubt if you will be sincere enough to apologise for you false accusation of the bible.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE:
you lied! and it is because of your hatred that your knowledge about the bible is limited, lets see how your lies are exposed right inside the bible you claim to attack; more than 2000 yrs ago before a the so-called science , these facts are made known earlier!

What do you mean by before the so called science? Science started as soon as man could think and wonder
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
@mazaje

can you kindly prove these(1-3) below, quoting the verses alongside, if not it means that they are all false! dont give any excuse as to why you cannot, if you want to be taken seriously:

(1)The same bible also says that people should stone to death their disobedient children,(2) kill those that worship other gods,(3) tells people to enslave each other, and says that rapistss should marry the women they rapeee. . .How is that not a backward thing?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ Affiliated
claiming undeserved credit that is also unproven is 'stealing' dont let me accuse you of stealing;
What do you mean by before the so called science? Science started as soon as man could think and wonder

the term reffered to as 'science' is invented by someone or some group of people, while the bible discovery precceeds that with solid proofs as shown above until proven otherwise legitimately,
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by wiegraf: 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @ Affiliated
claiming undeserved credit that is also unproven is 'stealing' dont let me accuse you of stealing;

the term reffered to as 'science' is invented by someone or some group of people, while the bible discovery precceeds that with solid proofs as shown above until proven otherwise legitimately,

Oh boy na wa...
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
LemonBoy1:

bro, i did'nt debunk ur reply. I am asking 4 u 2 provide me the rational behind ur answers, simple. So i as again, according to u, satan is d wise one dt gvs pleasure, life nd is in hell. So what is hell? Where is hell? Y is satan in hell as u said, is d earth 2 sml or populated 4 him? Wat of d moon, 2 sml? D sun nko, 2 hot? Pls i nid a reasonable answer (weither u r a xtain or atheist)

I am an atheistic Satanist. What are you?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ifeness

you ask goshen to quote a bible verse to back up what tranpired btw ABRAM/ISAAC and God, he(Goshen) showed you verses that shows that God was actually testing abram,by providing him with a sacrificial lamb close to the alter, but since you are bent on showing God as wicked, you dramatically changed the story to this below;

If you believe this story,do you believe the [b]superman comic books [/b]too? Do you think spiderman is also real?

are you sick? i think you must be, if you dont need an answer good, but changing the issue outrightly to superman issue is just stupid of you, now let me tell you the superiority of the bible and why you cannot compare with your superman book, bible is more than 2000 yrs old, and its the most circulated, the most translated book that ever circulate every part of the world, even in your mother tongue,you have this more than 2000 yr old book!, your comic book is not in my dialect! yoruba, while bible was! so i can believe bible than your comic, Olodo rabata oju eja lomooje!
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @Manmustwac

you lied! and it is because of your hatred that your knowledge about the bible is limited, lets see how your lies are exposed right inside the bible you claim to attack; more than 2000 yrs ago before a the so-called science, these facts are made known earlier!;

[size=14pt]circle of the earth[/size]

Isaiah 40:21-23

21 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22 It is He who sits [/b]above [size=16pt]the circle of the earth[/size],
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

[size=14pt]water circle explained in the bible before science;[/size]

Job 26:7-10

7 He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.
8 [size=14pt]He binds up the water in His thick clouds,
Yet the clouds are not broken under it[/size].
9 He covers the face of His throne,
And spreads His cloud over it.
10 He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters,
At the boundary of light and darkness.

will you be humble to apologise for your misrepresentation? manmustwac, you erred in this, but i doubt if you will be sincere enough to apologise for you false accusation of the bible.

[b]Joshua 10:12-14

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[a] its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 11:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @mazaje

can you kindly prove these(1-3) below, quoting the verses alongside, if not it means that they are all false! dont give any excuse as to why you cannot, if you want to be taken seriously:

1. Stoning disobedient children [Deuteronomy 21:18-21]

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

2. Stone those that worship other Gods [Deuteronomy 13:1-9]

13 Suppose a prophet appears among you. Or someone comes who uses dreams to tell what’s going to happen. He tells you that a miraculous sign or wonder is going to take place. 2 The sign or wonder he has spoken about might really take place. And he might say, “Let’s follow other gods. Let’s worship them.” But you haven’t known anything about those gods before. 3 So you must not listen to what that prophet or dreamer has said.

The Lord your God is putting you to the test. He wants to know whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You must follow him. You must have respect for him. Keep his commands. Obey him. Serve him. Remain true to him.

5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death. He told you not to obey the Lord your God. The Lord brought you out of Egypt. He set you free from the land where you were slaves. He commanded you to live the way he wants you to. But that prophet or dreamer has tried to make you turn away from it. Get rid of that evil person.

6 Suppose your very own brother or sister secretly tempts you to do something wrong. Or your child or the wife you love tempts you. Or your closest friend does it. Suppose one of them says, “Let’s go and worship other gods.” But you and your people long ago hadn’t known anything about those gods before. 7 They are the gods of the nations that are around you. Those nations might be near or far away. In fact, they might reach from one end of the land to the other. 8 Don’t give in to those who are tempting you. Don’t listen to them. Don’t feel sorry for them. Don’t spare them or save them.

9 You must certainly put them to death. You must be the first to throw stones at them. Then all of the people must do the same thing. 10 Put them to death by throwing stones at them. They tried to turn you away from the Lord your God. He brought you out of Egypt. That’s the land where you were slaves.

3. Enslave each other [Leveticus 25:44]

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

4. Rape victims marrying rapists [Deuteronomy 22:28-29]

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
advocate666
I am an atheistic Satanist. What are you?

provide proofs for your claims and stop being what yoruba call...... Apa,and Oponu alaini-inu-ro.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @ Affiliated

Na real wa.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: advocate666

provide proofs for your claims and stop being what yoruba call...... Apa,and Oponu alaini-inu-ro.

Why don't you start providing proofs for yours and stop being what igbos call ...Ehi ara, Ewu Yoruba, nwa Mgbati Mgbati. Ezi ofia.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
[b]Joshua 10:12-14

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:
Advocate666

what has this below got to do with the claim that manmustwac says that the bible says that earth is not in circle? which i proved him wrong
your quote below is without direction

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[a] its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
advocate666

Why don't you start providing proofs for yours and stop being what igbos call ...Ehi ara, Ewu Yoruba, nwa Mgbati Mgbati. Ezi ofia.

Ewu Yoruba, nwa Mgbati Mgbati. Ezi ofia is even better, what of ofeluugu, yanmirin!(give me water) i can still see the kwashiokor belly that ojukwu biafran war turns your igbo yammirin to,have you watch the video? during Gowon rulership on Nigeria, onyi-oshi, onyi-ara Ole-omo igbo, oloju-ko-ko-ko.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: [b]Joshua 10:12-14

Advocate666

what has this below got to do with the claim that manmustwac says that the bible says that earth is not in circle? which i proved him wrong
your quote below is without direction

Because, that feat would be impossible in a round earth that rotates around the sun.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE: advocate666

Ewu Yoruba, nwa Mgbati Mgbati. Ezi ofia is even better, what of ofeluugu, yanmirin!(give me water) i can still see the kwashiokor belly that ojukwu biafran war turns your igbo yammirin to,have you watch the video? during Gowon rulership on Nigeria, onyi-oshi, onyi-ara Ole-omo igbo, oloju-ko-ko-ko.

Please, this is a religious section and we try to respect each other here.
Calm down and if you want to be properly abused, open a thread in the politics/ethnic section and invite me in.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2013
The belief in that period was the earth was flat and roundish. Circular. But now we know the earth is spherical[not the actual shape] And even if the bible is accurate, that book was written around 740BC [Quite old]. Pythagoras knew the earth was spherical around 600BC [More accurate but a bit later] However the yellow emperor of China knew the earth was spherical around 2500BC [Accurate and almost two thousand years earlier] Finally there are miscellaneous evidences that the knowledge was available around 2500BC. So?
Oh. And the earth isn't hung on nothing as Job claimed. It is held in it's orbit by the sun's gravity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Prayer That Repairs Your Body - Joseph Prince / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / ALL Pentecostals Should Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.