Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? (6096 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by Waleabimbola(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
Does anyone know if citizenship is given to a baby born in Turkey to 2 foreign parents?
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by wip7: 7:53am On Jan 27, 2013
Waleabimbola: Does anyone know if citizenship is given to a baby born in Turkey to 2 foreign parents?

I have lived in Turkey and one of my friends had similar issues like this in 2008. I may like to ask few questions. How long has the parents of the unborn baby living in Turkey? class of residency the parents hold in Turkey and what do they do for a living? Do the parents hold Turkish citizenship? If the parents hold Turkish citizenship then, the child automatically becomes Turk but if not and the years the parents living in Turkey is less than 5years and they do not want to buy property to live permanently in Turkey, then the child has 30days to get residence permit. You may also contact your country embassy in Turkey. !!!
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by lafflaff123(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2013
I no understand some people with paper by birth or other wise matter sef. Turkey na country wey you want make them pikin hold their kpali?na wah ohh.

Turkey no dey EU and no dey Shengen and no be visa free country to any where for one simple reason. Them share border with this crazy middle eastern countries and thats why EU no want them. If EU let them in?na there all the PAKI go from dey come bomb every. Better find Naija Kpali for that pikin instead of ARBA-U passport. Wetin them dey carry TURKISH PASSPORT DO?

1 Like

Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by Waleabimbola(m): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
wip7:

I have lived in Turkey and one of my friends had similar issues like this in 2008. I may like to ask few questions. How long has the parents of the unborn baby living in Turkey? class of residency the parents hold in Turkey and what do they do for a living? Do the parents hold Turkish citizenship? If the parents hold Turkish citizenship then, the child automatically becomes Turk but if not and the years the parents living in Turkey is less than 5years and they do not want to buy property to live permanently in Turkey, then the child has 30days to get residence permit. You may also contact your country embassy in Turkey. !!!

The parents are on a tourist visa and theyl plan buying a property there as soon as possible.. Does having a property in turkey gives the baby automatic citizenship?hope to read from you soon
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by wip7: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
Waleabimbola:

The parents are on a tourist visa and theyl plan buying a property there as soon as possible.. Does having a property in turkey gives the baby automatic citizenship?hope to read from you soon

I asked number of questions but only one was answered. Let me ask again? how long have they being living in Turkey? Do they wish to buy property and live in Turkey permanently or for more than 5 years without staying out for more than 3 months? Anyway from your reply, seems they are just travelling to Turkey with TV or already in Turkey with TV, in that case the child will only have birth certificate from Turkey but never citizenship. With tourist visa (TV), they can not obtain residence permit and residence permit is one of the requirements in Turkey to file for citizenship. They can obtain citizenship if they do the following:

1. Live in Turkey for 5years 2, Buy property to stay permanently 3. Have elementary Turkish language certificate 4. Have means of support financially 5. Not racist or of good character, Then their children will will be Turks. But on TV is not possible.
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Turkish nationality law is based primarily on the principle of jus sanguinis. Children who are born to a Turkish mother and a Turkish father in (or outside of) Turkey are Turkish citizens from birth

If any of the parents of the child are not Turkish, then then child is not Turkish regardless of place of birth
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by Waleabimbola(m): 12:09am On Jan 28, 2013
dahonestboss: Turkish nationality law is based primarily on the principle of jus sanguinis. Children who are born to a Turkish mother and a Turkish father in (or outside of) Turkey are Turkish citizens from birth

If any of the parents of the child are not Turkish, then then child is not Turkish regardless of place of birth

@wip7...Thanks for your response and questions.. Well the parents wanna buy property. Immediately they get there and that ll be in February and they will deliver th baby by April.. Can that really work out for them?
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by wip7: 6:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Waleabimbola:
@wip7...Thanks for your response and questions.. Well the parents wanna buy property. Immediately they get there and that ll be in February and they will deliver th baby by April.. Can that really work out for them?

No it wont work out for them since they don not meet the requirements to file for citizenship. My Biz mate in 2008 was not Turk neither his wife but he had met the nationality requirement long before then but he did not file for it, he actually filed for it after his wife gave birth and his son and him both are now Turks now. CONFIRMED!!!
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by sulanpance: 2:00am On Jan 30, 2013
hello WIP7
Please can you give me your email.
i want to ask youmore about open a company in turky and how to get cheap accomodation.
have ben to turkey before and now i want to start my buiness there.
thanks
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by wip7: 7:47am On Jan 30, 2013
sulanpance: hello WIP7
Please can you give me your email.
i want to ask youmore about open a company in turky and how to get cheap accomodation.have ben to turkey before and now i want to start my buiness there. thanks

Hello,
The formalities to start a business in Turkey depend on kind of a company you want to establish. You need to know the types of commercial entities that exist in Turkey, e.g Do you wish to establish a Limited Company , Branch, Liaison office, or joint, with any Turkish partner etc...

Some of the types of companies may involve you to have minimum capital(like 5000-50,000Tl) before you can venture into it and you need to show the proof the capital. The tax you pay on each of the company type also differs and Tax on workers differs as well.

Below are some basic steps you need to follow to register your business at the chamber of commerce:

• Submit the notarized articles of association .
• Deposit 0.04% of the capital into either a state bank or the Central Bank of Republic of Turkey
• Complete the company establishment form and register with the trade registry office.

You may meet the Turkish embassy in your country for further assistance!!
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by sulanpance: 1:01am On Feb 01, 2013
thanks you so much once again..i have a contact with a manufacturing company in fireworks in turkey and the want me toopen an office in istanbul to operate as fireworks expert for show and events sinc am a professional in that field. they are ready to support me for any document ..but all i need is who to put me through on how to register have been to turkey twice and i have turkish mutiple visa with me i got in december so i want to go to turkey soon to check an office and get my company registre newly in turkey. not liason not partnership.

so i just want to know like how much i can take along for the registration and also to get a small office to operate from.
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by wip7: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
sulanpance: thanks you so much once again..i have a contact with a manufacturing company in fireworks in turkey and the want me toopen an office in istanbul to operate as fireworks expert for show and events sinc am a professional in that field. they are ready to support me for any document ..but all i need is who to put me through on how to register have been to turkey twice and i have turkish mutiple visa with me i got in december so i want to go to turkey soon to check an office and get my company registre newly in turkey. not liason not partnership.

so i just want to know like how much i can take along for the registration and also to get a small office to operate from.

Since you want to open your company yourself, means you will open PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY, this type of company can be opened within 10days. You will need 5000TL capital to be transferred into Government bank in Turkey. It may cost you 3000-4500pounds to finish the registration and normally can be done within 10days. You will need to have office address and your company may have 1 director and 1 shareholder. You will need to do company name search. You will need the following:

Petition and Form
Letter of Commitment - must be signed by authorised persons.
Bank receipt confirming capital has been
Drafting and notarisation of Articles of Association (one original and two copies)
Principal Statutes Notarial fees
Registration fee of Chamber of Commerce
Government fee
Consumer fund (0.4%)
Accountancy Fee
Certification of the Company Commercial Books approval (Journal, Ledger, Case book, Inventory book)
Signature declarations of company managers
Registration of the company at the Trade Registry and its announcement in the Commercial Registration Gazette
Certificate of Incorporation
Company Statutes
Leather binder with all documents and certificates
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by kennybuda: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
Turkish citizenship for an inocent child, Nigeria politician it will never be well with them.
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by lafflaff123(m): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
kennybuda: Turkish citizenship for an inocent child, Nigeria politician it will never be well with them.

Just the same thing i asked.

Wetin una wan carry Turkish citizenship dnobody wants the turks in their country.

That childs stands a better chance holding a Nigerian passport than a Turkish one.

Hellloooooo OP are you deaf?or just cant read?

You for go born the pikin for Mongolia since you desperate for foreign citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by sulanpance: 2:15am On Feb 06, 2013
please send me your email
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by optimusprime2(m): 4:53am On Feb 06, 2013
shocked
Wait, I dont get it... of all the countries in the world, one prefares a Child of Nigerian Descent to be born a Turk?
Like Seriously...?
SMH- na waah o
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 28, 2013
I don't understand why someone would want their kids to be citizens of a potential terrorist country. The kid is better of with his green passport imo.
Re: Citizenship by Birth In Turkey? by Nobody: 5:08am On May 29, 2013
honey86: I don't understand why someone would want their kids to be citizens of a potential terrorist country. The kid is better of with his green passport imo.
Why do you say so? Turkey is a nice place. I have been to Istanbul

(1) (Reply)

Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America / My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. / Air Peace - Fraudulent Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.