Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep (1575 Views)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) / Two Horror Scripts Wanted Asap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
A frnd has been disturbing †☺ start smetin horror ,sure those are what he do enjoy reading the most any way me ,I love writting this Genre ,not just because of its suspense ,interest nor thrill ,but because it makes me nut (funny I guess) .Well every writter with interest but all writter ought to have a diverse interest ,style and exus.
Me ƒσя one write Actions best ,Sci-fi nd Mystery better and maybe Romance and Horror .Basically I do write Manga since am a fan of anime afterward .so I decided to drop this on héré today just hope we all like it....

Your comment surely will serve as a boost ,though your critics will help me aswell .
I know I have some book on héré ,few unfinished ,still I will finish it pple .
For now let's go on a new Ride ,sweet and one big different Genre let's go pple.......
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
Chapter 1
Earth Become Us to keep
This was the end; nobody thought it would happen like this. The end of the world came hard and quick (no comment) and believe me I definitely didn't see it coming (still no comment). The zombie apocalypse… you've seen movies of it but that in no way compares to actually seeing the real thing. I have seen things that will live in my memory forever. I have seen friends, family, even enemies (that was the high point of all this) devoured alive only to turn into the living dead forcing me to kill them again myself.
Now as far as I know there's only a small group of us left.

Shade; the half blind, blade master of the group who always wears a ring that looks like a metal dragon claw, and trust me it's pretty close to being as sharp as one too she's 24.

Gabe A.K.A Micheal; the funny guy who isn't that bad with guns and kind of looks like Justin Bieber he always is making something out of paper he's 24.

Frank A.K.A Bradon; the muscle of the group also happens to know a bit about psychology (he hasn't gotten into my mind yet and he never will) he always has a travel chess set with him too also 24.

Gabby A.K.A Thomas; is the survival expert and very knowledgeable when it comes to zombies, he happens to have an old leather jacket that he carries around, age 24.

Morine; the spunky, cruel one of our group (She once dangled Gabe over a balcony with a horde of zombies below it just because he called her psychotic) has a vial of pink liquid with a single rose petal in it dangling around her neck again 21, and last but not least, me.

My name is Sage A.K.A Pope, the 24 year old gun expert and tactician of the group; I am the one who organized everyone. Shade is myright hand Man… Er woman... Oh I don't know she's my second in command let's put it that way. Our small group may just be humanities last chance at survival, and this is our story.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
Chapter One
It was quiet for a night like this, too quiet Shade thought as she lay on the roof of the apartment building the group currently occupied. She was on guard duty but they had wiped out almost every undead thing for miles as the made their way to the apartment.
After a while Brandon appeared through the door that led to the rooms that everyone was currently staying in.
"Shade come on, it's time for you to take a break. You need some sleep." Brandon said as he sat down in the exact same spot that she had just been in. "Shade come on, it's time for you to take a break. You need some sleep." Finally with a sigh she gave in walking down the stairs leading to the room where everyone else was asleep.
Before long she had stripped down to nothing but a black tank top and boxers and climbed in to the last remaining bed. She sat awake staring at the wall for it would be a while before sleep would claim her. After what seemed like an eternity she heard a slight sound of a dog that must've been infected and has turned feral, barking loudly looking for the rest of its pack. Shade looked at the wall as a tear rolled down her face as her memories reawakened her tired mind and haunting scenes slowly flooded in.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
It was three years ago when the invasion started. Shade was lying in her backyard during one of Ekp's many thunderstorms, after about ten minutes of laying in therain she finally went to her screen door and let her pet fox out only to have him tackle her to the ground and try to give her a playful nip.
"Ahhhh! Scruffers really, how did I know you were gonna to do that?" After a little bit she couldn't hold back any more and she started to chase him around in a circle. Finally she tripped and fell to the ground, and as she rolled over onto her stomach Scruffers started licking her face causing her to start laughing. There they sat, Girl and Fox for what seemed like an eternity.
After that little rest period, Scruffers spotted a meadow vole and started chasing it down the hill. With a laugh Shade closed her eyes and started to slowly drift off to sleep. Before she had even fallen into a good sleep, she heard Scruffers let out a high pitched yelp. As quickly as she could she ran down the hill that was hiding him from view.As she reached the bottom she finally saw what had happened, Scruffers had been killed and someone had taken bites out of him. With a tear in her eye Shade slipped on hermetal claw, freshly sharpened, and went looking for the person who did this. Little did she know she wasn't hunting it, the creatures were hunting her.
She was looking through a small patch of woods where Scruffers would occasionally hide when she heard a low, guttural, growl that was clearly a warning that someone was there. The closer she got to the sound she got the more she started to smell rotting, decaying flesh. Eventually she found what she was looking for; she had found the person that had killed Scruffers.
What she found stopped her heart cold, it had looked like a human from a distance due to the black shirt and jeans but when you got closer you realized what it was. It was a ZOMBIE, its jaw was rotting, the teeth jagged and broken, the stench, it stunk of dead flesh and it almost made her gag, the sickly pale green skin of the creature itself was enough to make anyone recoil in horror. But still without hesitation she stepped out and using the claw, she stabbed straight into the zombie's skull killing it instantly and sending a bright crimson splatter of blood flying through the air.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
As she looked at it she recoiled in horror as she saw the bits of fur in its teeth. And that's where she broke down and cried for the first time in years. She slowly walked back to her house and locked the doors and windows, and that was where the memory finally, almost… mercifully ended.
As she awoke from the memory she let out a muffled cry she thought nobody would hear. But of course I wasn't leader of the group for nothing; I had heard the muffled cry as I have trained to listen for the moans of the undead and even creeks in the floor boards, Yawning I stood up and walked over to her and sat on her cot and put my hand on her arm. All she could do was sit there and cry as I made her sit up and then I did something I had never done before to anybody in our group; I put my arm around her in a consoling way, I believed in tough love after all.
"Shade are you all right? Was it the memory of your first day again?" she didn't reply she just buried her head in my shoulder and cried. There we sat for another thirty minutes or so before; finally, she stopped crying and just looked at me and smiled."Pope… I just… I'm glad I have you as a friend." I only faked a smile before looking away."Pope… what's wrong? I can see it in your eyes something is definitely wrong"
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
If you following this pls comment
Movementish I hope I ve done it (a substitute)
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
This all ƒσя now will update later
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by LaurinaDavid(f): 5:08am On Jan 27, 2013
Nice work, i am also a fan of scary stories,
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by Hadesparks(f): 6:14am On Jan 27, 2013
Jiraiyas.... Er er er... No more luv story ni cos dis 1 will allow me 2 slip o...
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:30am On Jan 27, 2013
Laurina David: Nice work, i am also a fan of scary stories,
Thanks dear ,hopefully we can enjoy the ride together
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2013
Hadesparks: Jiraiyas.... Er er er... No more luv story ni cos dis 1 will allow me 2 slip o...
Hadespark dear ,this just to you mood swing ,so you won't kill me with your plenty luv
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:34am On Jan 27, 2013
I guess I should continue
Happy Sunday frnds
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:35am On Jan 27, 2013
"It's… It's nothing I swear…" I could only look away. You are the only person who believes in me… and I still might not be able to save you! And there they are… my absent thoughts again. Drifting slowly back to her. "Shade, we better get some sleep", I said with a smallquiet voice. And to this she only nodded before curling up and slowly passing out with meclose behind.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2013
Chapter 2
It's been two weeks since Shade and I talked and things haven't been going all that good. Lately her and I… well we don't talk much. It's been too weird and awkward for either of us to bring up her flashback. Now here we are nobody in our group talking, walking along a dusty road in the middle of nowhere, and then, as if only to break the silence, we were passing by a barn we heard a small almost desperate moo. The whole group at once looked straight at the barn as I grabbed the arm of Thomas who tried to run desperately at it. For once Thomas was the first in the group to run into a possibly dangerous situation… it was odd to say the least.
"Thomas what the hell do you think you're doing! Remember what happened to Adam?" you see a while ago our friend Adam made the unfortunate mistake of running to what he thought was a child crying for her parents… the stupid fool didn't realize desperate times call for desperate measures even if those measures are letting a child die.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2013
"Pope… I don't… I don't know what got into me… I just heard it and felt the need to run towards it… attack it almost" it was a sudden realization that hit me… Thomas may be infected. I don't know why I thought this but… it makes sense why else despite all of this would he attempt to run into a barn where who knows what could be waiting.
"Pope I really need to talk to you." Shade whispered in my ear causing me to jump a footeasily. But what startled me more was she was actually talking to me. "Can this wait? We are just about to go into a barn that we really have no idea what is awaiting I'm afraid that if we talk now we both might get… distracted."
"Fine whatever" Shade said as she stormed off. "God damn what is her problem lately" Ispoke to myself. Well after that it was slow going as we crept into the seemingly abandoned barn. Fortunately we were extremely lucky as the only thing in the barn besides us were a few cows a chicken or two and even a horse hidden in a back stall.
"I can't believe these cute little chickens are still safe!" Morine cried out as she ran over to the chickens. "Morine will you knock it off" Micheal said with rage in his voice. Obviously hehad a few issues when he was a kid maybe even got attacked by an animal or two.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:37am On Jan 27, 2013
Morine only stared at him with rage in her eyes. "Meanie" she muttered under her breath. As she looked at all the animals Thomas brought up the same thing we all had been thinking. "Why are these animals so taken care of? They must've been here quite a while… I wonder if there is anybody in the house…" Thomas was the only person who apparently realized there was indeed a small house attached to the barn.
"Guys we need to be careful. Everyone draw your weapons and be ready for anything."I called as I looked around at everybody. Slowly but carefully I opened up the door into the walkway that would open into the main body of the house. I was the first to lead the charge this time.
"Shade you, morine, and micheal go left, Thomas you and I take the right side. If anybody sees anything useful, necessary or deadly grab it or kill it and let the rest of us know." And with military stealth the group split into two.
After a little bit and I made sure I couldn't be overheard by the others. "Hey Thomas do you remember last week when we got into that really close fight?" he thought for a moment before nodding his head. "Listen man I need to see your arms I think you might beinfected!" I repeatedly tried to pull up his sleeve and he kept resisting. By now the rest of the group had cleared the house and found me and Thomas fighting for control.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:39am On Jan 27, 2013
"Pope! What the hell are you doing?" Shade and morine tried to drag me off Thomas while Micheal stood back and laughed.
"I think Thomas is infected I need to check his arm!" and with a final burst of strength I managed to pull Thomas sleeve up just enough to see a dark patch of skin that was starting to decay. "I told you he was infected…"
That was when the shock set in… Thomas had lied about and hid this from us. Now it was Shade's turn to tear into him… hopefully not literally. "Thomas how dare you hide this from us don't you know you could've killed us all!" Now the whole group just stared at him with disbelief and a small tinge of hatred. "I can't believe that you would do something like this to us… now I have the displeasure of killing you and now…"
Shade just stared at him as he dropped his gaze unable to look at anybody. "I –I'm sorry everybody I didn't tell you because I didn't think it would get this bad… it was just a smallscratch not even a bite I just…" and for the first time I saw tears fall from Thomas's eyes.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 7:41am On Jan 27, 2013
All ƒσя now pple .time †☺ go set up ƒσя australia open final ....go Djokovic ,go Novak
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
We sat there for another minute before anybody spoke "is there a way we can stop the infection?" Morine asked. I thought for a minute, I thought of the experimental serum I had been working on with Shade. In reality it was just a concentrated blend of antibiotics.
"Well… we have been working on a temporary cure. I can't guarantee how long it will lastbut… Morine do you have that bag still that I told you to hang onto?" she handed me the bag without a word slowly almost hesitantly. "Thomas… this isn't gonna hurt me but this is sure gonna hurt you." And with a flourish a hypodermic needle plunged itself into Thomas's arm right where the infection started.
"Agh son of a-" Thomas was smart he cut himself off before Morine smacked him. She's the only one who really cares about language anymore. "Wait what's… happening to me… I'm feeling… kind of diz…" before Thomas could finish his sentence he passed out in the middle of the floor.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Chapter 3
It was a few hours later before he finally woke up, I really hated the fact that the restof the group decided not to lock him up like I had suggested. I wasn't exactly sure that the serum was gonna actually going to work all that well but still they insisted on leavinghim unchained and lying in a bed upstairs.
"Shade did you really have to tuck him in even? He could turn any day if the serum didn't work right." She just looked at me and shrugged her way of saying I don't care and looked back at the manga she was reading. "Alright I got to ask, what have you been so obsessed with lately?"
With a grin I saw her mood lighten up a bit. "I found it in the last place we checked, remember the house with the old lady in the basement?" she asked blatantly. She already knew that I remembered. "It's called Saiyuki; it's a Japanese manga about a priest that doesn't follow the rules, a water kappa that is only really concerned about women, liquor, and smokes, and finally two youkai, also known as demons, on a mission to save the world. Oh I almost forgot and Hakaru the little dragon, he belongs to one of t̶̲̥̅̊hε youkai's, he turns into the jeep they drive around in." Finally it seems she was out of breath but now we had a problem.
"Shade please don't tell me that every time we pass a book store you're going to try tofind the next volume." I asked her already knowing the answer. "Of course I am" she replied quickly and without hesitation it happened like this each time she had a new obsession but lately the only ones that seemed to stick were Star Trek, Harry Potter, and now Saiyuki was just added to the list I believe.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by Hadesparks(f): 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
jiraiyas:
Hadespark dear ,this just to you mood swing ,so you won't kill me with your plenty luv
but dat luv z beta dan all diz horror nah...
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Hadesparks: but dat luv z beta dan all diz horror nah...
No doubt about that, really luv is better just doing this ƒσя some pals sha
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by movmentish(m): 1:34am On Jan 30, 2013
jiraiyas: If you following this pls comment
Movementish I hope I ve done it (a substitute)
My official run away writer........I'm feeling dis (just bumped into this)
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
movmentish:
My official run away writer........I'm feeling dis (just bumped into this)
Tanx sire bt am nt a run-away sha ,anyhw dat vampire tale am held on a long thing,
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by movmentish(m): 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2013
jiraiyas:
Tanx sire bt am nt a run-away sha ,anyhw dat vampire tale am held on a long thing,
See I expected an update not a quote...... Thank God u back sha
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
movmentish:
See I expected an update not a quote...... Thank God u back sha
Ok sire ,i will update
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
"Alright back to the important stuff, Shade how
is Thomas doing?" She finished her page and
looked him over quickly. "It seems to me that the
serum we gave him, worked very well. It
stopped the progression for now." It was as if a
cloud of despair had been lifted off everyone's shoulders hearing that we will not be losing
another member of our group just yet. "What's going on with me?" Thomas was
watching us with open eyes, "Thomas you aren't
even supposed to be able to stay conscious so…
how can you be awake? The serum should've
knocked you out for at least a few more hours!"
It was obvious to everybody else that I was not happy with this fact. I still didn't trust the serum
fully. Any moment know he could turn and
possibly kill us all or cause us to lose another
friend.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
"Well now that everybody else is moving can we
leave yet?" Mike asked with an angry tone. It
was obvious he shared the same thoughts I did
in the fact that I didn't want to be here any
longer than necessary. Morine however did not
look pleased at this idea. "But… I don't want to leave. The chickens and
goat need somebody to take care of them!" Morine
was the stubborn type who once she set her
mind to something you couldn't get her away
from it for anything until she decided she was
ready to leave. Then and only then were you allowed to abandon whatever she had found an
attachment to. "Morine… we have looked after these animals the
whole time that we have been here. When we
got here they were well fed already! Whoever
feeds them probably has been staying away
because they don't want us to know that they
are here. Trust me Morine… if we leave now the animals will be okay." Brandon apparently must
have hated this place too, maybe the horror
movies we had watched together had gotten to
him. But he finally convinced Morine to abandon the
animals and for hopefully the last time for what I
hoped to be the last time. Later that day we had been walking along the
road, taking swings at the occasional zombie,
when we noticed something. What we saw then
changed the rest of the day added quite a bit to
our hopes, we saw a magnificent truck; it looked
to be a hilux, pure silver in color. On the side of the truck in blood red paint, at
least I hope it was paint; the words, bolded by
thick lines, THE ZOMBIE SLAYER. I knew for a fact we needed to find this person and maybe we
can get a little help from him.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
After a bit of thinking we finally came up with a
plan to get the zombie slayers attention. "Shade
are you sure this is gonna work? If this goes
wrong, hell even if it goes right we are gonna
have every zombie within ten miles on our
asses! Plus there is no guarantee that he will even come and get us!" she thought for a
moment before finally stating what I had hoped
she wouldn't. "I don't care if It gets his or her
attention because even if it doesn't we can still
have some fun right?" I discovered the worst
part about her saying this wasn't what she said but how she said it. After another fifteen minutes of preparing I still
didn't know exactly what Shade had planned, to
be honest I didn't really want to know anymore.
The set up looked simple at first, a few
firecrackers a bit of gasoline, an old abandoned
car, and a Screaming Pete firework. But until you actually saw what she had planned you had no
idea just how evil she could be. "So explain the plan once more please." I asked trying to comprehend what she had just said.
"Alright Pope but this is the last time I'm saying
it. First we spread the gasoline all over the road,
after that's taken care of we light the Screaming
Pete and run like hell. As we run I will drop the lit firecrackers into the cars gas tank. All of this
mixed with the gasoline creates one hell of an
explosion and a lot of noise. The slayer will
definitely hear it, whether he or she wants to or
not!
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
She's going to get us all killed one of these days.I
thought this to myself as we moved the car in
place. "Alright Shade… we are ready any time
you are!" Unfortunately for me ready was
already here. Within the span of three seconds I
heard he set off the Screaming Pete and start running towards us. My role was to push the car
towards the gas as she ran towards me, I did
just that and perfectly might I add. As she ran
past she threw the firecrackers into the gas tank
and hit the deck faster than a speeding bullet,
less than two seconds later the car exploded into the biggest ball of fire I had ever seen, the
explosion had been helped by the gas fumes that
had been released from the puddle of gas we
had lying in the road. "BOOM! That was the explosion I was looking
for!" Shade screamed at the top of her lungs.
"Yeah well let's hope the zombie slayer saw it…
oh wait speak of the devil!" Mike exclaimed as the truck raced towards us. Finally it slowed to a
stop and without hesitation the whole group, Thomas included, climbed in the back and we drove away leaving zombies and a raging fire
behind.
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by jiraiyas: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
all for now starting the next chapter soonest.hope you enjoy the read
Re: Horror : Earth Became Us To Keep by movmentish(m): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
By soonest you don't mean another sabbatical eh
Nice one bro!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) / Short Story: All That Glitters... / The Retelling Story Of IGODO By Ifeoma Isabella Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.