Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,338 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria (11323 Views)

Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / Balotelli And Rossi To Lead Attack Against Nigeria / Ethiopia Will Lose The Match Against Nigeria If? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by BabaO2: 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
Where is the copy of the protest letter?, i dont believe NFF lodged any protest letter.
We dont want referee to favour us unduly, but they should stop looking down on us with nauseating officiating. Football has gone beyond scoring 5 goals in all matches.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
Bwahahahahaha - Nigeria is a joke!!!

You took a rubbish team and a clueless coach to the competition, yet you want to blame the referees, no?? The officiating has been rubbish, no doubt - however, you can't blame no one for your mediocrity...

Just imagine a Nigerian team with the two bulls(Emenike and Anichebe) upfront, Victor Moses and Odemwingie on the wings, Obafemi Martins on the bench, Joel Obi playing alongside Mikel Obi in the midfield, Taye Taiwo at left back, and the young Chelsea lad on loan to a Dutch Eredivisie team at the back.. That's the team!!

However, you took strong-faced and heavy uncles to the tournament, yet you want good results smh...

Your team is rubbish, end of story!! undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Monjerk: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
Bad officiating bend Mikel leg to kick nonsense penalty abi, we are always complaining.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by CohenJane: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
shymexx: Bwahahahahaha - Nigeria is a joke!!!

You took a rubbish team and a clueless coach to the competition, yet you want to blame the referees, no?? The officiating has been rubbish, no doubt - however, you can't blame no one for your mediocrity...

Just imagine a Nigerian team with the two bulls(Emenike and Anichebe) upfront, Victor Moses and Odemwingie on the wings, Obafemi Martins on the bench, Joel Obi playing alongside Mikel Obi in the midfield, Taye Taiwo at left back, and the young Chelsea lad on loan to a Dutch Eredivisie team at the back.. That's the team!!

However, you took strong-faced and heavy uncles to the tournament, yet you want good results smh...

Everybody is Nigeria is a coach
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by detopshot(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
What if Mikel scored?
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by alphaconde(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
The best way to fight against injustice in a game is to play excellently well

The referee does not pass not touch the ball, the players do

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane:

Everybody is Nigeria is a coach

It's not about being a coach, it's about using your best talents!!

Martins plays week in, week out for Levante...

Anichebe plays all the time for everton...

I have seen Emenike in the champions league...etc...

This team is rubbish - the guys representing us look freaking old, yet most of them don't even play for mid-range clubs in Europe... So, it's obvious that they're past their peak.... Why can't we select the ones we all see week in, week out on TV Heck, I don't even know 80% of the players playing for us - and they lack everything African football is about - skill and power...

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by GentleNaaz(m): 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
Did dy cancel any goal 4m super chicky chicky; nonsense. Wat d referees expectd 4m us is nt wat we r doing, so dy r just depictn dia annoyance. Score 3 goals lets c hw dy wl cancel it. Wake up super chicky chickky
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Adamsdelrio(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
jude33084:

If you are living in the jungle with your family please dont drag the rest people into it cheesy
hahahahahaha.... Maybe d guy na bororo.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
Kai! So because τђΞ super Eagles arent playing well nor going on α goal spree, τђΞ rules should be bent by manufacturing α penalty to punish τђΞ eagles ƒoя not scoring more than α goal? Jezzzz some comentators on this site should never gain access to τђΞ internet.

Spain if I remember clealry were only winning by α lone goal till τђΞ world cup finals,why didn't referees manufacture penalties against τђΞm because they didn't score more than α goal?

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by groovie(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
seriously, i have followed dis afcon and so far its been nothing to write home about.look at yesterdays game btw togo & algeria, the GOAL POST COLLAPSED! how does dat happen in this century? the officiating has been very poor too, a lot of questionable deciscions have been made which influenced the run of play in some of the games & the organisation has also been terrible. but the super eagles need to improve. IMO they are better than what they were 2 years ago, they just need to do better.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by jude33084(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane:

No, not my school of thought. It is something I have been observing for long in the game of football. Referees always find a way of compensating for their earlier errors, provided it wasn't intentional. Recall I said our own PK too was not a good call according to the friend who watched it.

They committed their foul inside their own box, ours was outside. I didnt say it wasnt a foul but it was done just outside the box. Why turning a foul into a penalty?
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by CohenJane: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
jude33084:

They committed their foul inside their own box, ours was outside. I didnt say it wasnt a foul but it was done just outside the box. Why turning a foul into a penalty?

Are you saying ours was a deserved penalty kick (pk)? because i didn't watch it. your argument can only be rife if our own pk was worth it
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by jude33084(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
goldfish80: Kai! So because τђΞ super Eagles arent playing well nor going on α goal spree, τђΞ rules should be bent by manufacturing α penalty to punish τђΞ eagles ƒoя not scoring more than α goal? Jezzzz some comentators on this site should never gain access to τђΞ internet.

Spain if I remember clealry were only winning by α lone goal till τђΞ world cup finals,why didn't referees manufacture penalties against τђΞm because they didn't score more than α goal?

I tire o! Because we are not scoring alot of goals ref now have the right to také a foul committed outside the box into the box and call it a penalty cheesy undecided
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by shadrach77: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Complaining alone will not help. I remember in the 80s Nigeria pulled out from WAFU when their shoddy treatment was becoming incessant . Until we treat CAF the same way, they will not treat us seriously - this has been going on for too long ! We all remember Henry Nwosu's disallowed goal in 1988. Then Victor Ikpeba's penalty in 2000 angry angry angry angry
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by jude33084(m): 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane:

Are you saying ours was a deserved penalty kick (pk)? because i didn't watch it. your argument can only be rife if our own pk was worth it

Bros! A penalty is awarded when a foul is committed against your opponent inside your box, and nt outside the box.

In their case, a foul was commited inside their box (but some ref might over look it because the contact was lite).

I have the video in my phone but glo ntwork here in Ajah sucks wink
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
rich_john: We can whine and whine for all I care failure is failure! When we will start taking responsibilties in dis jungle called Nigeria, someone else is always against us nonsense!

Protest my foot!!!
You're a complete and utter idio.t. Worthless fool with no brain. Hope you get cheated in your own private life and act as stu.pid and dumb.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Amazondepth(m): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
A bad workman blames his tools.all dis shout about referee is besides d point.we simply lack what it takes to win dis tournament simple.abi na referee make Mikel lose penalty?
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Amazondepth: A bad workman blames his tools.all dis shout about referee is besides d point.we simply lack what it takes to win dis tournament simple.abi na referee make Mikel lose penalty?
Another ignorant, st.upid Peabrain with no common sense. We should be cheated and just keep quiet like slaves. Is that how your parents trained you? Dumbo.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by JOJORHYMES(m): 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
That bad comment. So if ur are wronged u will keep quite.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by stacomaster(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Afam4eva: The Nigerian coach, Keshi should have protested after that match but he chose to act diplomatic. He's waiting till when Nigeria is kicked out of the competition to use that as an excuse.
abi em knw de see SIR.ALEX.FERGUS0N
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
shymexx: Bwahahahahaha - Nigeria is a joke!!!

I really thought you were smarter than this. Tragic. I guess in your little world we should just ignore the referee's clear bias and cheating because of? See, you make no sense. And all those players you mentioned have represented Nigeria at tournaments before and didn't exactly set the world alight, so their omission is no excuse for you to condone caf's cheating of the se.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
alpha conde: The best way to fight against injustice in a game is to play excellently well

The referee does not pass not touch the ball, the players do

Wrong. The best way to fight injustice in a game is for your fa, players, and fans to stand up and protest and reject injustice and cheating in football. Why should Nigeria have to score 10 goals per game to avoid the effects of corrupt refs? I don't see south Africa, ivory coast and Ghana having to meet such 'targets'.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nasige(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
pls if d penalty against zambia was nt a penalty what was it? Also if a player commit a foul outside the 18yard box what is it? And pls if don't knw to what say keep silent.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by BrutusOj(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
Okworigeorge: 9ja n dia problem....super chickens no fit win match, hw e take b ref fault
ur one of dos ingrates who neva give praises to gud work.Only gud in criticising n mockin all d time.how do u win matches wen d officials re against u?d boys were gud in dia last match n ought to be aplauded not all dos nonsense coments by som of u...

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
hollandis: when you have a high scoring game ,you wont mind a refree cheat.Shoot first ask questins letter
How do you get a "high scoring game" when your players are getting sent off and carded at will, forcing you to play defensive?

3 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by uceee(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
Very good. If you can play better than us, beat us genuinely. We will not complain. This referees just dey put fear for the boys' body. How can you be relaxed and creative when you know the ref is just looking for an excuse to send you off and award your opponent a penalty?
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by sambos994(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
I'd rather have a last minute equalizer than to be be cheat out of a game. Just wrong. undecided undecided undecided
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by drealnamdy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
grin cheesy[b][/b]Any nonsense decisions in the game against Ethiopia, and our boys should ABANDON THE GAME, and publicly SPIT in the face of Hayatou and his corrupt CAF.
(

#grabs my popcorn n dives on my sofa to enjoy d drama...just about timegrin cheesy
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by sambos994(m): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
shymexx:

It's not about being a coach, it's about using your best talents!!

Martins plays week in, week out for Levante...

Anichebe plays all the time for everton...

I have seen Emenike in the champions league...etc...

This team is rubbish - the guys representing us look freaking old, yet most of them don't even play for mid-range clubs in Europe... So, it's obvious that they're past their peak.... Why can't we select the ones we all see week in, week out on TV Heck, I don't even know 80% of the players playing for us - and they lack everything African football is about - skill and power...

You have completely missed the point. Did you add somewhere in your bashing of the team that the ref was biased? If you're not going to say even one thing good about team, please don't watch the game.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane: DSTV service was epileptic like NEPA during the proceedings of the game. I can say I only watched about 45% of the playing time. Most worrisome is that I have not seen that issue being brought up on this forum. This makes me to conclude that may be it was my decoder that has the problem after-all. So, I didn't see what led to our own penalty kick which mikel lost. However, a friend who watched what led to our own PK confirmed to me that our own PK too does not deserve being given. i could remember telling a friend before the end of the match (even before I heard from my friend) that if our penalty was questionable, the referee is going to compensate Zambia too, and this I think was what happened. The call may not have actually been a PK but we were both given the chances (in error though) and while one took his own, the other lost his.
so your dstv was misbehaving that day as well, i thought mine had a problem.
in any case,we would always be robbed if we let them. if we were leading by like 2 or 3 goals would we complain about any dubious penalty? we didn't play better than those zambians so we had to settle for a draw. have you ever asked why we concede goals in the dying minutes of the game?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Can’t Guarantee World Cup Ticket – Rohr / Gift Monday Scores A Brace As Tenerife Beats Atletico Madrid 2 - 1 / Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.