Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,542 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria (11322 Views)

Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / Balotelli And Rossi To Lead Attack Against Nigeria / Ethiopia Will Lose The Match Against Nigeria If? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by true2god: 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
ROSSIKE: How do you get a "high scoring game" when your players are getting sent off and carded at will, forcing you to play defensive?
Tank u my broda. I think some pple tink with their anus.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by richjohn1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ jude33084 and adamsdelrio
Congrats to u guyz that live in paradise perhaps a 'fools paradise'! when I say 'jungle' can't ur brains tell u it might be used in a figurative way!
I can understand why you are defending mediocrity!!!
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by pek(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane: DSTV service was epileptic like NEPA during the proceedings of the game. I can say I only watched about 45% of the playing time. Most worrisome is that I have not seen that issue being brought up on this forum. This makes me to conclude that may be it was my decoder that has the problem after-all. So, I didn't see what led to our own penalty kick which mikel lost. However, a friend who watched what led to our own PK confirmed to me that our own PK too does not deserve being given. i could remember telling a friend before the end of the match (even before I heard from my friend) that if our penalty was questionable, the referee is going to compensate Zambia too, and this I think was what happened. The call may not have actually been a PK but we were both given the chances (in error though) and while one took his own, the other lost his.
end of discussion. Ivory coast should also complain of biase officating.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by richjohn1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
@rossike
•̸ŤђαϞĸs for showing ur lack of home trainning to the world! Am not as churlish as u are do display ill-mannerism and utter display of foul and abusive language.
Go and meet dad and mum again!
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lolz grin
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by BrownBread: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
ROSSIKE: AT LAST! NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria

Nigeria have written to CAF to formally protest what officials consider to be unfair refereeing decisions.

The Super Eagles received multiple bookings and one red card in their opening game against Burkina Faso as they drew 1-1.

On Friday, they were again the victims of even more controversial refereeing, as Ogenyi Onazi was penalised with a penalty for what looked an innocuous coming together just outside the box.

On Saturday, the NFF fired of a testy letter to CAF complaining about the treatment of its team and requesting fairer treatment.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/32497/nigeria-protest-refereeing-decisions-in-africa-cup-of-nations

Any nonsense decisions in the game against Ethiopia, and our boys should ABANDON THE GAME, and publicly SPIT in the face of Hayatou and his corrupt CAF.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LETS SEE IF BY TOMORROW MORNING CAF WILL CHANGE THE RESULTS IN FAVOUR OF SUPER NOODLES OF NIGERIA. ABSOLUTE NONSENSE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by asids55: 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
solomon111: you are a moronn.
How will you have 3 points,when the one you scored is cancelled by incompetent refeering.

i should say that you are the moronn cause if we did play well, we should have scored more goals.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by andyanders: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
Let us stop blaming referees and play our game. Our strikers are out of what they were asked to do. They cannot score and earn a deserved win by scoring goals. Look at the kind of technically well calculated goals scored by Bokina Faso boys and we are here complaining. In fact, we do not have a team.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by richjohn1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dear leave them let dem keep passing blames and whining, perhaps the referees even stopped down from passing the ball around! Rubbish
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane: DSTV service was epileptic like NEPA during the proceedings of the game. I can say I only watched about 45% of the playing time. Most worrisome is that I have not seen that issue being brought up on this forum. This makes me to conclude that may be it was my decoder that has the problem after-all. So, I didn't see what led to our own penalty kick which mikel lost. However, a friend who watched what led to our own PK confirmed to me that our own PK too does not deserve being given. i could remember telling a friend before the end of the match (even before I heard from my friend) that if our penalty was questionable, the referee is going to compensate Zambia too, and this I think was what happened. The call may not have actually been a PK but we were both given the chances (in error though) and while one took his own, the other lost his.
Your friend needs to go to specsavers if uprooting A Musa inside the 18 yard box wasn't a penalty
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by zuchyblink(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Youngzedd: You see it, when one can't perform he/she will look for who to blame.

If our super chicken can't beat those countries let them come back now if possible.

Wait.. if they commit soccer offence which requires pk or red card because Naija is winning the ref should just ignore it abi?

Are they the only country in this AFCON.

Our boiz na wash.
Score the goal not the pitch.

I hate complains.
u are a myopic fool!
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by chreldb(m): 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
I don;t understand the reasoning behind what people term as beating opponents clearly to avoid being cheated by the officiating. First of all our opponents are human beings and not zombies who also have every intention to win the game and the competition. Like us they have trained hard for the tournament. But Nigerians expect our players to run through all their opponents with a goal margin of 5-0 so that even if the refrees cheats and cancel 2, 3 or 4 goals we would still win because we have beaten them clearly. You guys should be realistic please and stop encouraging the eagles to under rate their opponents because they are African teams. Yes there was a time that when Nigeria faces the likes of Bfaso and Zambia it was a clear three points. Well that era has passed so people wake up and smell the sunflower. Other Africans nations have stepped up their game. The earlier we realise that the better for us and the sooner we appreciate the dangers of fraudulent officiating to our detriment in the AFCON. Open your eyes!!!!

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Holadokun(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
hollandis: when you have a high scoring game ,you wont mind a refree cheat.Shoot first ask questins letter
u go school at all::::: or u think na kenya premier league . i guess dis is ur 1st time of watching tournament
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Peezol: It's a pity we've completely lost out in the politics of the game in Africa. What moral justification has CAF to exclude our referees from this tournament. We've always been at the receiving end of the unprofessional displays of north African referee. I don't want to believe yet that it's a calculated attempt of CAF to bundle us out of this competition until the next match. I just pray our boys we be on top of proceedings on tuesday just like other desperate Countries like Ivory Coast. God have mercy.

Sorry sir, but Nigerian Referees are amongst the worst I have seen. They have made a lot queer calls in the past.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by CohenJane: 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
we have blown this referee thing out of proportion. wetin, na only us? now, keshi and his boys have been given a ready made excuse of why they go beyond the first round
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Officiating at this AFCON has been poor generally. I don't think its anything specifically against the eagles.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by sweetestboi(m): 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
Since we already knw dat caf officials are against us,y not mk use of every opportunity we hv 2 win instead of spillin it n den blamin d biased caf officials”
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
Okworigeorge: 9ja n dia problem....super chickens no fit win match, hw e take b ref fault
It is obvious that you did not watch any of the matches.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by neobusiness(m): 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
I am happy that the NFF is taking the stand Nigerians are seeking for in the AFCON tournament. Nigeria seem to be in the receiving end and yet the likes of Amos Adamu who would have stood up for Nigeria had their hands soiled in Corruption. These are men with experience and pedigree built over a long period of time and today we have no figure in the stature of the Hayatous to stand and speak up for us. Indeed very sad for a country with so much diversity. God bless this Nigeria. I pray the table turns to our favour in our next match.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by VUVUZELA10: 3:56am On Jan 28, 2013
First and foremost, let me acknowledge the best thing happening to Nigerians in AFCON is Sunday Oliseh. Now back to the topic. I strongly believe that you cannot victimize a good student. Seize the opportunity/chance as it comes and score goals. Keshi's squad not good enough.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Myself2(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
Why did Keshi say he was satisfied with the result of the match,freaking pusss
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by omar22(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Shynumuolu:
cant nigeria remove issa hayatou as d president of caf. His tenure has never helped the progress of d game in nigeria. Remember henry nwosus disallowed goal in morrocco 1988; victor ikpebas disallowed pen in 2000

Nwosu's goal was off side

Ikpeba's goal would needed a goal mouth technology...... not many knew that the ball has crossed the line until we all saw the replay....

Didnt Nigeria win Gold at the Atalanta Olympics with an offside goal?

Yeah the Argentine said Italian ref Pier Luigi Colina did it as a revenge on Argentina for knocking out Italy at the 1990 WC
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by namdo(m): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
The 'bad belle' ref has been sacked. Well that will not bring back the three points lost.....abi?
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 29, 2013
VUVUZELA10: First and foremost, let me acknowledge the best thing happening to Nigerians in AFCON is Sunday Oliseh. Now back to the topic. I strongly believe that you cannot victimize a good student. Seize the opportunity/chance as it comes and score goals. Keshi's squad not good enough.

Why is Oliseh the best thing to happen in this AFCON?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Wants To Return To Barca, But We Have Not Made Contact - Barca VP / Gift Monday Scores A Brace As Tenerife Beats Atletico Madrid 2 - 1 / I Can’t Guarantee World Cup Ticket – Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.