Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Osaze Faces Fine In West Brom For Offensive Tweets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Faces Fine In West Brom For Offensive Tweets (511 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Faces Fine In West Brom For Offensive Tweets by Napolitano(m): 4:58am On Jan 27, 2013

Osaze Odemwingie is facing a £70,000 fine after criticising West Brom for rejecting his transfer request.

Odemwingie accused Albion bosses of showing a lack of respect — and leaving him hurt as they rejected his transfer request to Queens Park Rangers in an unauthorized interview.

His statement said: “I’m deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the club management.

“I’ve not taken this decision lightly and would like the club to accept what is more than a reasonable offer from QPR.”

And he risked another club issue when he later gave a Twitter rant.

“I am crazy, ha-ha. Adviser text saying don’t tweet. When I want to do something, I do it.”

Odemwingie, 31, now faces a fine of two weeks’ wages after the club confirmed he had breached rules by giving an unauthorised interview.

His incessant Twitter rants have also put him on the edge against Nigerian coaches in the past and it is attributed as one of the reasons he is not playing in the ongoing African Cup of Nations.

http://www.sportinferno.com/article/105/osaze-faces-fine-in-west-brom-for-offensive-tweets/
Re: Osaze Faces Fine In West Brom For Offensive Tweets by Akshow: 7:10am On Jan 27, 2013
This guy needs to be thought how to use his tweeter handler. Too much controversy. Relax my guy. Tweeter is not a platform for your childish tantrums and rants. Go pay the fine maybe it will teach you a lesson

1 Like

Re: Osaze Faces Fine In West Brom For Offensive Tweets by Napolitano(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
Remembering his humble face in his first years in the Eagles, who would know he is that much of a lewd talker?

(1) (Reply)

It’s A Shame If Nigerians Don’t Believe In Eagles – Keshi / Support Our Boys(super Eagles)faith Doesn't hurt It Strengthens. / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria(1-2) What Is Ur View For The Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.