Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? (5226 Views)

Your Greatest Achievement This Year / What Is Your Greatest Phobia? / What's Your Greatest Fear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by lonipeter(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Hi peeps, as a child, we worry about some things, sometimes irrationally, mine was bed wetting, I do ask myself 'when will I (or 'will I ever...) stop bed wetting?' and I always fear being in an enclosure (a phobia). What are yours?
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by laykhorn(m): 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
It reminds me of those days..
Mine was my SHADOW. I used to call it ojuju then and my parents made maximum use of that sh*t when they told me it is always monitoring me and that it always report my movement when I'm asleep at night... That thing always made me behave

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by mysticgal(f): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
taking 1st from behind,cos i go recieve lashing.

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by lonipeter(m): 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
laykhorn: It reminds me of those days..
Mine was my SHADOW. I used to call it ojuju then and my parents made maximum use of that sh*t when they told me it is always monitoring me and that it always report my movement when I'm asleep at night... That thing always made me behave

hehehehehehehe! The thing really help you be dat naw
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by lonipeter(m): 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
mysticgal: taking 1st from behind,cos i go recieve lashing.

from your 'no nonsense' dad I guess.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Freiburger(m): 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
I was always afraid my parents will seperate coz of the fights they had when i was a kid, but i'm so happy they 're still together today after over 35years of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by SAFO(m): 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
The clown from the movie Poltergeist scared the crap outta me.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Mynd44: 1:58am On Jan 29, 2013
I hated and feared snakes. Even movies about them made me cringe
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by kcjazz(m): 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
Willy Willy play on NTA grin Very very scary

3 Likes

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by outrage: 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
The movie "the mummy"
Always closed my eyes.. Hahaha!
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by koolet: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Being FLOGGED ..cry esp from MY Ðaddy
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by hustla242: 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
I feared that willy willy show on tv back then
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Justicemy: 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
none
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by TRILLIONIAR: 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
POVERTY! THATS MY GREATEST FEAR

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Goldenheart(m): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
boogie man
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by mitchyy(f): 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
I was always scared of being scolded o cus i cry easily.

Watch this funny video from Basketmouth - http://gistville.com/2013/01/for-laughs-basket-mouth-lists-president-goodluck-jonathans-achievements-in-office/
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Heights. It has always been and still is till today. sad
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by owners: 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
I grew up in the north and I had freinds that lost their parents to religious crisis. My greatest fear was loosing mine.

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by SisiKill1: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mine was the dark. ...which was made worse by my overactive imagination.

It's me who saw two cats with shiny eyes behind the water heater in the bathroom.

I was the one who saw someone wearing all white disappearing into a wall.

Shape of what looks like a bird perched on the ceiling fan nko? Na me see am.

The worst was when I swore I saw the face of a recently deceased family friend appearing on the walls.

And when I saw those things I'd get so hysterical....hyperventilating, almost to the point of passing out. Oy!

It got to the point where as soon as Nepa took light at night (which thankfully they didn't do too often...Yeah that's how we rolled in the North cheesy ) my parents or siblings would start shouting "Sisi do not move, sit right there! Just sit and don't move an inch...." so I'd close my eyes, hold my breath and wait until the gen came on.

Twas a terrifying experience. . .very funny looking back now. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
The fear of being beaten by a lady....... I mean a 'lady.' sad
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
Darkness was my fear and I always had hallucinations. Worst years of my life. I think I outgrew it when I was 13 or so.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
Falling from a skyscraper!
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Dygeasy(m): 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sleeping at night. Just like Sisi_Kill, I had this crazy mind that made imaginations look real. At night, I was always thinking about weird things unimaginable but me? I imagined them.

That shi..t crayy!!
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Igwe9(m): 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
crossing of busy roads, walking on the bridges/ heights,snakes and dead body angry
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by tmd01: 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
kcjazz: Willy Willy play on NTA grin Very very scary

Exactly, and it would appear if you are in the dark,alone at home or ever looked in the mirror at night cheesy smh
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
The dark, always imagined that the guy from evil encounter was coming for me. The theme song of Things fall apart, very very creepy song. I still can't listen to that song without looking behind me.
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by yuzedo: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
OJUJU CALABAR!!! angry
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by Libkid(m): 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Fear of 666 and falling to 2nd position in class
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by freecocoa(f): 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ojuju calabar
Police
Hell fire.

Kai my mother used this things show me pepper.grin
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by blaise26abj(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Zombies. Dawn of the dead and Evil dead 1 & 2 scared the living daylight out of me. to go baff come become very serious problem. but would ginger myself say,' make dem come, i go kick dem like jackie chan do for armour of God. hiya! hiya!'. o boy growing up was mad fun
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by BarryX(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Police ... Like " the policeman"...then if you really want me to be Humble. Just threaten me with the cliché " I would call police for you" instantly am yours for the taking . Looking back now gives me mixed feelings like WTF was I afraid of!!! Childhood memories? Now wherever I go I want to hand any policeman" heavy dirty slaps"
Re: What Were Your Greatest Fears As A Child? by theripper: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
Imaginary ghosts and "Wintches". All dese "Living in Bondage", "circle of doom", Nneka d pretty serpent" nearly make me get heart attack. As I no die, o wu so so Chineke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*#disclaimer Notice*: Ole Group Scam!!! / Practice NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Past Questions And Answers Here / The Return Of Carmen Winstead (with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.