Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) (19227 Views)

Blackberry Launches New Model Phone “blackberry Classic” / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 / Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jereal(m): 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
The BlackBerry Z10 , which is all set to make it to the grand stage this week has been the talk of the town lately. After we got to see some press images of the smartphone and got treated to a tutorial of its OS we not got to learn more about the pricing. The price tag of the BlackBerry Z10 was revealed by a screenshot of a major retailer's inventory system.

According to the Carphone Warehouse , the BlackBerry Z10 will cost £480, about $760 (certainly no information on the actual retail price in Nigeria yet). The listing in the company's database clearly shows the pricing of the white variant of the smartphone and the attached BLAZ10WHI product code too aligns nicely with the earlier leaks from the retailer.

The leaked price is said to be for a SIM-free version and the smartphone will naturally be available for far less on contract.

RIM might have a somewhat hard time impressing the audience at its January 30 event. After so many leaks there's hardly much left to announce, but hopefully the company will have a few more aces up its sleeve.

http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_z10_price_leaked_will_carry_a_price_tag_of_480-news-5419.php

Price is a little steep if you ask me...considering the fact that this is RIM's last play, one would've expected the phone would cost less...

what's you take on this guys...? re you getting one...?

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by BedLam: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
RIM should know that they no longer have markets in NA and EU, 750$ for that gadget is a broad-day-light robbery for africans and brazillians! anyway, I never used a blackberry.

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by REMMEI(m): 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
Make the paper,spend the paper but wisely..
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jereal(m): 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
BedLam: RIM should know that they no longer have markets in NA and EU, 750$ for that gadget is a broad-day-light robbery for africans and brazillians! anyway, I never used a blackberry.

why anyone would want to buy this over a Galaxy sIII for instance is unimaginable...

3 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
Serious LACK of FREEDOM & FLEXIBILITY

jereal:

why anyone would want to buy this over a Galaxy sIII for instance is unimaginable...
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by aieromon(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
Is this device gonna fail just like the Porsche?

Only time will tell. . . . . . .
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by puskin: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2013
Please.....if I should go near dat device, someone should do me the courtesy of giving me a correct internet slap.

RIM never serious to fight for market share.

4 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Aringon(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2013
Before u guys will write whatever you like, watch the videos and shut ur brain and respect BB

http://wccftech.com/iphone-5-blackberry-z10-side-side-video-comparison/

3 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Aringon: Before u guys will write whatever you like, watch the videos and shut ur brain and respect BB

http://wccftech.com/iphone-5-blackberry-z10-side-side-video-comparison/

i see. so this is the result of "shutting your brain"?

shame.

anyway, y not respect BB on ya own and dash dem 120k plus whatever profit d naija dealer will put on top? must u have a fellow shut-brain fellow to join u?

oya make una shut una brain oooooooo, and respect rim. for making the same phone other pple have been making since 2008

7 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by izenco2005(m): 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
All na dis same, as long as I no fit danload food undecided

2 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by VictorTobore(m): 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dem fit chop am,as 4 me i'm buying a samsung galaxy note 2 which i knw is quite cheaper and more powerful than dis 'blackproblem' they are calling blackberry.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Tstark(m): 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nigerians go by am by fire by force..........if they can buy the bb porsche this is chicken change to them. It's all about "oppressing" the next man sad

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by ikekings(m): 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hmmmm..... Nice... cool cool cool
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by nex(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is the device that will seal the fate of RIM. The have fooled people for long enough.

The networks are complaining that BlackBerry devices are alllowing users consume too much data, the users are complaining that with their BlackBerrys, they can't do as much as others can with other smartphones.

The networks are also quite upset with the new WiFi voice capability, and there is Nokia retrieving several of their patents which they licensed RIM to use on its BlackBerry devices.

In terms of its outward design, it's clearly an iPhone wannabe.

My issue with the Blackberry 10 series though, is that they have not mentioned any significant improvements in their battery life, and that really is the bane of using a BlackBerry.

Last year, they sacked 2,000 workers, but this year, I see RIM folding up.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by luluosas(m): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
With this price, they are not really ready to ups their game.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by badassnigga(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
dead on arrival undecided most of d features I saw on YouTube r already on most android devices. this bb 10 is just not gonna help RIM at all...they r losing out at quick pace.
even most of ma friends on Facebook that happened to b blackberry users av ditched bb to go android.
their popularity is Nigeria is dwindling.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by puskin: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
ooh RIM......it is good that you want to die.
I can now be free from that my sister's annoying pinging sound.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by AKMoney1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
nex: This is the device that will seal the fate of RIM. The have fooled people for long enough.

The networks are complaining that BlackBerry devices are alllowing users consume too much data, the users are complaining that with their BlackBerrys, they can't do as much as others can with other smartphones.

The networks are also quite upset with the new WiFi voice capability, and there is Nokia retrieving several of their patents which they licensed RIM to use on its BlackBerry devices.

My issue with the Blackberry 10 series though, is that they have not mentioned any significant improvements in their battery life, and that really is the bane of using a BlackBerry.

[size=15pt] Oya clap for ya self, well done grin. As if naija won't buy it after all your wahala to write all this sh*t u call a reply undecided Mtcheeeew tongue [/size]

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
Pls stop carrying false news
Which network? When?
Nairaland!
[quote author=nex]

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by mikymouse1(m): 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: dead on arrival undecided most of d features I saw on YouTube r already on most android devices. this bb 10 is just not gonna help RIM at all...they r losing out at quick pace.
even most of ma friends on Facebook that happened to b blackberry users av ditched bb to go android.
Why all this hatred for BB? Did RIM force you to buy? Pls free RIM n BB users.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Olamyyde(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
BB FANS DEY DULL THEMSELVES BIGTIME
*burns bb storm 2 and rushes to computer village to buy TECNO N3(ANDROID 2.3.5, can also be upgraded) for just 13k)

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by mrkels(m): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
Kind of high...But i ll get one before december. Mk i still dey manage my bold4 cheesy
BB for life...

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
jereal:

undecided my thoughts exactly
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Maxybaby(f): 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nice.......... I don't like touchscreens, i'll wait for the physical button version of Blackberry Z10. grin

2 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Akainzo(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
nex: This is the device that will seal the fate of RIM. The have fooled people for long enough.

You must have been on a roll to type all that non-factual information you have up there!

Why would networks be complaining about WiFi calling? Have they complained about Skype on WiFi or has any network ever complained about what one does on WiFi WiFi data has nothing to do with the carriers and it has been available through other means for so long that bringing this up, is just a No-No.

Where did you hear of Nokia retrieving their patents? Abeg google it, Nokia and RIM just renewed their patent agreement and RIM paid based on that agreement. You do need to read the full stories and not glance at headlines.

Now, what battery life are you talking about? Put an iPhone 4S and a BlackBerry 9810 to receive the same number of emails, same text messages and play same videos then you'd understand which one has a better battery life.
The issue is that you want to compare a multi-tasking OS to a one-app-on OS, they are not the same. An average BB user would have more than 3 apps open at the same time while your iPhone user uses 1 app at a time. It is only now that that iPhone 5 wants to do actual multi-tasking and of course, the complaints about battery life has now reared its ugly head.

When RIM doesn't fold up, hope you'd come back to apologise for your above post.

6 Likes

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Akainzo(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: dead on arrival undecided most of d features I saw on YouTube r already on most android devices. this bb 10 is just not gonna help RIM at all...they r losing out at quick pace.

Can you share with me, which of the BB10 features already exist on Android devices?

Just as usual, you go by popularity, rather than what the smartphone you are investing your money on would help you accomplish. No wonder Kim Kardashian has no job but being popular, she makes far in excess of the hard working girl. All thanks to folks like you!
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by rman: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Most of the people you are replying don't know what the are talking about.What they fail to understand is that there will always be a market for BB phones. Yes, samsung, nokia , iphone have taken nearly 80% of the market share, but I can assure you, this BB10 OS is very good.

Based on test carried out so far, it has the fastest browsing speed compared to any smart phone ever.

BB still offers the most secured platform for official documents and I can safely say this phone will sell.

I have the S3 and borrowed lumina 920 (the best phones on theplanet right now) for a few days and with what I ve seen and read, this new BB matches up to them.

Akainzo:

You must have been on a roll to type all that non-factual information you have up there!

Why would networks be complaining about WiFi calling? Have they complained about Skype on WiFi or has any network ever complained about what one does on WiFi WiFi data has nothing to do with the carriers and it has been available through other means for so long that bringing this up, is just a No-No.

Where did you hear of Nokia retrieving their patents? Abeg google it, Nokia and RIM just renewed their patent agreement and RIM paid based on that agreement. You do need to read the full stories and not glance at headlines.

Now, what battery life are you talking about? Put an iPhone 4S and a BlackBerry 9810 to receive the same number of emails, same text messages and play same videos then you'd understand which one has a better battery life.
The issue is that you want to compare a multi-tasking OS to a one-app-on OS, they are not the same. An average BB user would have more than 3 apps open at the same time while your iPhone user uses 1 app at a time. It is only now that that iPhone 5 wants to do actual multi-tasking and of course, the complaints about battery life has now reared its ugly head.

When RIM doesn't fold up, hope you'd come back to apologise for your above post.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by frevangel(m): 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
I know a die hard BB babe that just dumped BB for galaxy. When she did, I knew BB was gone? WhatsApp is slowly but gradually replacing bbm which has been a selling force for BB. The only other strength is data but its becoming cheaper wit every network now.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by lafuria1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
so long as networks will retain their 3k or 1.5k unlimited data bundle for BB, am all good. the problem with watsapp is the ease of access, with just ur number, anyone can add you and i hate that 'last seen today at....' grin. still like it though.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Francheezy(m): 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
brb
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is RIM's lastplay, am I dumb to suggest that as large and experienced as RIM is, they should have sold of their phone-making arm to Samsung or another serious phone maker.

Concentrate on their messaging service (mostly BB Messenger) make it an open app for other phone brands like iPhone, Nokia, Samsung etc, they already have a large (but disappointed) market-base. they could ride on this pitch to get buy-in from other phone giants.. Z10 is going nowhere from the LOOKS of it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Instagram Makes People Depressed, Twitter Makes People Angry, Which Is Better? / Which Is The Fastest Browser You're Using At The Moment / MTN Introduces Cheap Data & Voice Plans; Get 1GB For N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.