Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (26003 Views)

The Answer Of A German Muslim Scholar On Islam And Terrorism *worth D Read* / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) / Invite To The Thread 'truth, Fabrications, Or Fallacies?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 1:33am On Apr 23, 2013
diarra94: dude. Speak only what u can prove. When or where did u see xtians rejoicin over the happenings in iraq or isreal. Dis is really bad of u. Many Xtians dont even understand or have an idea to What is happenin there.

When did you start reading Nairaland posts?
But if I am telling the truth, is it not bad of you to accuse me of lying?
https://www.nairaland.com/1087114/israel-bombs-sudanese-rockets-factory
https://www.nairaland.com/1105736/israel-air-strikes-hit-hamas

diarra94:
Look northern nigeria is the worst place in this country. Your muslim brothers are very poor, they have over 70% of arable land in nigeria yet most of them are starving, diseases are rampant and they refuse vaccination against drugs, most of them are illitrates and the list goes on. Your muslim brothers and sisters are in some of the worst possible situation coupled with the boko haram menace (which u and i know its nt a fabrication)

When you guys argue, you seem to think everyone from the North is an illiterate
And here we are talking about your fabrications, you are talking about Northern Nigeria
When based on experience, people take certain decisions, external parties who don't know just comment

Let me give you 2 instances
In the 60s, America injected Guatemalans with Syphilis as part of an experiment. If Guatemalans now refuse vaccinations in the future, would yous say their actions are baseless
The DNA for bin Laden's family was obtained by a doctor posing as someone carrying out vaccination, would you blame people blame people who now believe that vaccinations are used to sterilise people?
Afterall Israel sterilises black Jews. Don't take my word for it. Google Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1178228/israelis-admit-sterilizing-african-women

diarra94: but yt u come nd argue on irrelevant subjects when u can prove to nigerians that ur religion is the best. I just want to ask this question, what has islam contributed to the growth or to the lives of nigerians. Pls no need for long and unnecessary argument.

When I need to prove anything, it would not be to you
Christians are fabricating falsehood, you claim it is irrelevant
But you are talking about Boko Haram and that is relevant? And you cannot open a thread on that?

I know that Christianity has not contributed anything to me (I went to a public school but was taught CRK without any option). I know that educated Christians get annoyed when they see muslims in Hijab
This is one of the accomplishments of Christianity - intolerance
http://www.punchng.com/metro/outrage-as-principal-flogs-pupil-for-wearing-hijab/

Islam has contributed plenty to my life. I don't get angry when I see nuns

diarra94:
And i am nt against any religion so dont spill nonsense.

You are not against any religion. Really?
I wonder why people make such meaningless statements
Someone can tell the person against whom he has just given a false witness in court that "I have nothing against you"
Christians are maligning Islam under a falsehood projects but you did not condemn it and are raising issues against Islam and you are claiming that you don't hate any religion and any argument to the contrary is nonsense
You must clearly be the only in the world who can judge what is nonsense
Please be reminded that this is not a thread for KG debate. You can have that somewhere else
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by viexcey(f): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
BetaThings:

I know that Christianity has not contributed anything to me (I went to a public school but was taught CRK without any option). I know that educated Christians get annoyed when they see muslims in Hijab
http://www.punchng.com/metro/outrage-as-principal-flogs-pupil-for-wearing-hijab/

Mr betathings, sometimes i wonder if you think at all. How can something you hate contribute positively in your life when you've decided to play blind? You always assume and conceive ideas in your mind and believe its truth. Anyway we don't get angry with muslims wearing hijab, i pity them when i see them. On the issue of flogging them, i haven't seen them being flogged in a public school and in the case of a private school,if the owner of the school says he/she doesn't want hijab cause i believe every organization has its own rules. Then the parents should pull them out and change school. Its as simple as ABC.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by viexcey(f): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
BetaThings:

Mr betathings, sometimes i wonder if you think at all. How can something you hate contribute positively in your life when you've decided to play blind? You always assume and conceive ideas in your mind and believe its true. Anyway we don't get angry with muslims wearing hijab, i pity them when i see them. On the issue of flogging them, i haven't seen them being flogged in a public school and in the case of a private school,if the owner of the school says he/she doesn't want hijab cause i believe every organization has its own rules. Then the parents should pull them out and change school. Its as simple as ABC.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tunde1200(m): 12:57am On Apr 25, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Who is it ? Huwa Majnun!!!
Exactly he is...
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
viexcey:
Mr betathings, sometimes i wonder if you think at all. How can something you hate contribute positively in your life when you've decided to play blind?

You can derive spiritual and/or material benefit from a rival. It could be steadfastness, objectivity etc. Christians have only demonstrated steadfastness in clinging to a flawed theological doctrine

It is funny to say that I hate Christianity. I don't tell lies against Christianity. I still have a Bible. I went to a public school but did only CRK. I bought a Bible, Songs of Praise and can still recite "Rock of Ages" and others
You better check the way you think before accusing others
You guys say Islam is not the way, it is bad etc. Should you not be satisfied with exposing the truth about Islam, rather than resort to falsehood? Are you saying maligning Islam through wicked lies is love while my criticism of Christianity is hate

viexcey:
You always assume and conceive ideas in your mind and believe its true

The ideas and stories presented on this thread were not conceived by me. I did not assume anything
Rather than talk about me, it would have been better to refute the stories

viexcey:
Anyway we don't get angry with muslims wearing hijab, i pity them when i see them.

You don't cane somebody you pity 43 times. You did not bother to read the story
You cannot refute what you have not read
What I see is inveterate hatred. Do you know how long it takes to cane somebody 43 times? Pity? Unless it now has a new meaning

I recall

https://www.nairaland.com/1216758/hijab-dispute-cohi-warns-lasg

rezzy: I think we have muslim schools in lagos, muslim girls who must wear hijab should go there, since Fashola and Ruqqayah are both muslims and dont want them to put on hijab. Left for me, i dnt have problem with hijab but some of these girls are so dirty, they leave their hair unkempt and sometimes stink.

BetaThings:
Is it the girls that are dirty and unkempt or the hijab?
I assume that if it is the girls they would still be without the hijab

I also take it that All Christian girls are spick and span. No?

Of course there was no response

viexcey: On the issue of flogging them, i haven't seen them being flogged in a public school

I have not seen the moon move on its orbit but I believe the geography lessons to that effect
You talk about thinking, do you think it makes sense to argue here that because you have not seen something it is not necessarily true?
I did not witness Nigeria living under colonial rule. But I believe what I have read about King Jaja of Opobo

viexcey: In case of a private school,if the owner of the school says he/she doesn't want hijab cause i believe every organization has its own rules. Then the parents should pull them out and change school. Its as simple as ABC.

It is as simple as ABC that in law a judge or friend of the court takes decisions on what actually happened and not on hypothetical cases
My point? The ladies were caned in public schools. Are you insisting that until you personally see them flogged, you assume no wrong is done?
Nobody is talking about private school. That is a red herring.
BTW private organisations don't have absolute powers. That is why they have to observe public holidays

A pupil on the assembly, who pleaded anonymity for the fear of reprisal, said Aishat was given no fewer than 43 strokes of the cane.

She said, “At about 4pm on that day; we had closed before we heard that there was an emergency assembly.

“The principal addressed us and warned that if we didn’t stop putting on religious outfit during the school hours, we were going to get into trouble. She subsequently called on Aisha and gave her about 43 lashes.

Aisha told our correspondent that since the school had closed, she thought that the principal’s warning would no more apply. She was however, prevented from talking further by her father, Rasak Alabi.

When contacted, the principal declined comment, saying as a civil servant, she was not allowed to talk to the press.

The Vice principal of the school, Mr. S. Ajide, however, said the school had appealed to the parent of the pupil.

He said, “The principal is not a harsh person. The beating just came like that. We have pleaded with the father of the girl and he has accepted.

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by LordReed(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
@BetaThings
My gripe with you and others like you is how quick you are to turn every little incident into an us vs them issue.

In the case of the school girls let us leave aside the issue of the severity of the punishment and address the issue of breaking a school rule. The girls have a prescribed uniform and then their parents decide (because I don't think they acted without at least their knowledge) that it is ok to violate the school's rule on uniforms, a clear case of rule breaking. Why on God's green earth is it now a muslim vs christian issue?

Similarly, a few people speak and write un-truths about islam and Muhammed suddenly violence and vehemence is turn on upon completely innocent people in an us vs them manner. When is this kind of knee jerk reaction going to stop? Even you an educated person stoop to such things. Are you guys even trying to educate one another?

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lord_Reed: @BetaThings
My gripe with you and others like you is how quick you are to turn every little incident into an us vs them issue.

Please let us confine this discussion to what I alone have done. I am not likely to be blaming you for what your "likes" have done. So extend same courtesy to me.

When I send my child to public school and he comes back with a black face while my Christian neighbour's daughter is not molested, and my muslim friend relates the same experience, who is fostering you and us dichotomy. Christians are saying it is ok for the appellation of a state (Osun) to have a Christian connotation but protest when the name is changed to one that is secular. You guys only pay lip service to fairness

Lord_Reed:
In the case of the school girls let us leave aside the issue of the severity of the punishment and address the issue of breaking a school rule. The girls have a prescribed uniform and then their parents decide (because I don't think they acted without at least their knowledge) that it is ok to violate the school's rule on uniforms, a clear case of rule breaking. Why on God's green earth is it now a muslim vs christian issue?

It is a public school! It allows hijab to be used. That is why the school VP begged the parent of the child.

The rule of the school cannot void the constitution or decisions if the court on the same matter. The school principal can challenge the constitution or the court decision if she truly believes in law and order and respect for authority
But you cannot see the injustice you do to your own position by taking this stand
Why does the Hijab cause so much heartache to Christians? The other day it was at the Stock exchange, Okereke Onyiuke banned Hijab until the council restored sanity to the place.
Some of the brokers banned work in multinationals like Stanbic who never saw anything wrong with their staff using Hijab.
Not so Okereke Onyiuke, forgetting that in the middle east, stockbrokers are proudly attired in their national dress

Lord_Reed:
Similarly, a few people speak and write un-truths about islam and Muhammed suddenly violence and vehemence is turn on upon completely innocent people in an us vs them manner. When is this kind of knee jerk reaction going to stop? Even you an educated person stoop to such things. Are you guys even trying to educate one another?

I don't get this.
Are you justifying the deliberate lies (which this thread is actually about) that can lead to attack on innocent people? Is that an enlightened reaction to such falsehood? Why don't you condemn the few black sheep?
Have I ever supported violent reaction to those provocations?
I hope you also know that CAN threatened El Rufai with violence over his derogatory tweet?
Have I ever blamed any Christian for the deeds of Rev King?
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by A7(m): 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
@Lagshia,vedax,mac,tbaba,deols,swtnectar,betathings etc.
Would you please consider reading through the below thread, like watching the video precisely.

www.nairaland.com/1264301/video-indonesian-muslims-killing-muslims

The op alleged that those killed in the video are x-muslims who engage in Ridda but the commentary of the Arab dude in the video contradicts his allegation, in fact the Muslims are the ones butchered on the contrary, i am not fluent in Arabic but this piece wasn't obfuscating to me , am able to decipher, it was obvious that our brothers are mercilessly massacred & the xtians are shamelessly playing the victim now. Av observed that the op is a copy-paste dullard who propagates anything be it slander or deception to take down Islam, he claimed that the Quran sanctions capital punishment for apostasy but he was unable to point out a single ayah advocating that. My brothers & sisters, this video might go viral & infest the minds of the gullible. Pls watch the video if you understand Arabic, i am unable to translate correctly and i think translating this video is something worth doing right now.

For those who do not have static network coverage & are unable to stream the video or java phone users, pls follow this simple steps to download the video in any format/extension you like:

1- Copy the video link & paste it on your browser's address bar
2- Clear everything before youtube.com/blabla e.g m.youtube.com/blabla or http://www.youtube.com/blabla ... Get rid of m. or http://www..
3 - Insert ss before youtube.com[i.e ssyoutube.com] & hit enter. You will be redirected 2 another site for download.
4- Choose the format you want to download the video[i.e avi,mp4,wmv,3gp e.t.c]

In case you didn't find the above tutorial vivid, this is how the link will look like:

ssyoutube.com/watch?v=ruUawI5vBTM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DruUawI5vBTM

Just follow the above url to download & watch offline. It was a 6 mins video, that wont consume much mb. I expect your feedback after watching. SALAM!
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by LordReed(m): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2013
BetaThings:

Please let us confine this discussion to what I alone have done. I am not likely to be blaming you for what your "likes" have done. So extend same courtesy to me.

When I send my child to public school and he comes back with a black face while my Christian neighbour's daughter is not molested, and my muslim friend relates the same experience, who is fostering you and us dichotomy. Christians are saying it is ok for the appellation of a state (Osun) to have a Christian connotation but protest when the name is changed to one that is secular. You guys only pay lip service to fairness

It is a public school! It allows hijab to be used. That is why the school VP begged the parent of the child.

The rule of the school cannot void the constitution or decisions if the court on the same matter. The school principal can challenge the constitution or the court decision if she truly believes in law and order and respect for authority
But you cannot see the injustice you do to your own position by taking this stand
Why does the Hijab cause so much heartache to Christians? The other day it was at the Stock exchange, Okereke Onyiuke banned Hijab until the council restored sanity to the place.
Some of the brokers banned work in multinationals like Stanbic who never saw anything wrong with their staff using Hijab.
Not so Okereke Onyiuke, forgetting that in the middle east, stockbrokers are proudly attired in their national dress

I don't get this.
Are you justifying the deliberate lies (which this thread is actually about) that can lead to attack on innocent people? Is that an enlightened reaction to such falsehood? Why don't you condemn the few black sheep?
Have I ever supported violent reaction to those provocations?
I hope you also know that CAN threatened El Rufai with violence over his derogatory tweet?
Have I ever blamed any Christian for the deeds of Rev King?

But here you lump all christians together to say we support lies on islam. My post in no way condones lying to vilify islam. What I am against is making unenlightened generalisations. When you say "you christians lie against islam" you are making a generalisation that paves the way for such violence from those who are less enlightened.

I abhor all falsifications against religion but I also will not tolerate anyone generalising and putting everyone in the same basket.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
A7 +:
Would you please consider reading through the below thread, like watching the video precisely.

The op alleged that those killed in the video are x-muslims who engage in Ridda but the commentary of the Arab dude in the video contradicts his allegation, in fact the Muslims are the ones butchered on the contrary, i am not fluent in Arabic but this piece wasn't obfuscating to me , am able to decipher, it was obvious that our brothers are mercilessly massacred & the xtians are shamelessly playing the victim now. Av observed that the op is a copy-paste dullard who propagates anything be it slander or deception to take down Islam, he claimed that the Quran sanctions capital punishment for apostasy but he was unable to point out a single ayah advocating that. My brothers & sisters, this video might go viral & infest the minds of the gullible. Pls watch the video if you understand Arabic, i am unable to translate correctly and i think translating this video is something worth doing right now.

For those who do not have static network coverage & are unable to stream the video or java phone users, pls follow this simple steps to download the video in any format/extension you like:

2- Clear everything before youtube.com/blabla e.g m.youtube.com/blabla or http://www.youtube.com/blabla ... Get rid of m. or http://www..
3 - Insert ss before youtube.com[i.e ssyoutube.com] & hit enter. You will be redirected 2 another site for download.

In case you didn't find the above tutorial vivid, this is how the link will look like:

Just follow the above url to download & watch offline. It was a 6 mins video, that wont consume much mb. I expect your feedback after watching. SALAM!

The video is appalling and I have reported it to the moderator as there was really no evdidence to support the claim of the OP or the video did not have translation, as I saw muslims in video also burying their dead, and the victims I saw were shrouded, and christian practices I know do not shroud their victims any case I will do a research on the video still, but it has no place in any forum as there is no evidence pointing to the op's allegation, it looked more like a civil war or communal strife!
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lord_Reed:

But here you lump all christians together to say we support lies on islam. My post in no way condones lying to vilify islam. What I am against is making unenlightened generalisations. When you say "you christians lie against islam" you are making a generalisation that paves the way for such violence from those who are less enlightened.

Christians lump ALL muslims together when they talk about Boko Haram. I simply condemn Boko Haram because they are criminals who would not mind killing me too. After that my conscience is clear.

Did you do the same? Did you condemn the fabrications? Did you not try to make excuses for people savaging children wearing hijab? You came into this thread after many christians tried to rationalise those fabrications. You neither denounced the fabrications nor corrected those Christians who applauded the fabrications.

You are telling me what you will not tolerate. So what are Muslims entitled not to tolerate? Spreading wicked lies to malign one religion is much more damaging than some people within the lying population (who did not stoutly condemn the falsehood) being included within the ranks of purveyor of the mendacious propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
BetaThings:

Christians lump ALL muslims together when they talk about Boko Haram. I simply condemn Boko Haram because they are criminals who would not mind killing me too. After that my conscience is clear.

Did you do the same? Did you condemn the fabrications? Did you not try to make excuses for people savaging children wearing hijab? You came into this thread after many christians tried to rationalise those fabrications. You neither denounced the fabrications nor corrected those Christians who applauded the fabrications.

You are telling me what you will not tolerate. So what are Muslims entitled not to tolerate? Spreading wicked lies to malign one religion is much more damaging than some people within the lying population (who did not stoutly condemn the falsehood) being included within the ranks of purveyor of the mendacious propaganda

No Q.C could have mount such logical, coherence, lucid and systematic argument like you did! You too much!
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
vedaxcool:

The video is appalling and I have reported it to the moderator as there was really no evdidence to support the claim of the OP or the video did not have translation, as I saw muslims in video also burying their dead, and the victims I saw were shrouded, and christian practices I know do not shroud their victims any case I will do a research on the video still, but it has no place in any forum as there is no evidence pointing to the op's allegation, it looked more like a civil war or communal strife!

Salaam
My initial reaction is that it is from the Free Aceh rebellion. I am trying to confirm the story too
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by LordReed(m): 11:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
BetaThings:

So you follow a bandwagon? Not that I commend anyone for saying things like all muslims are Boko Haram (I myself will never stoop so low) but again must you follow suit? Do you know that to mudsling is to first carry mud? If you keep lumping christians in all things when will you stand out? This is my point to you.

Muslims are quite free not to tolerate injustices done against them but to turn every little matter into an us versus them issue even when the matter is not prompted by religious intolerance will only continue to make it seem like you have a predilection to outburst (violent ones).

As I have said I do not commend the lies or discrimination and no where did I rationalise lying about religion.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by maclatunji: 6:24am On Apr 28, 2013
vedaxcool:

I am sorry that I am not in a position to view the video and it is not in my section. If you know it is offensive and have reported it to moderators and they don't take action, please report to the Supermoderators, Mukina2 and Semidy4life by sending them both a mail with all the details.

Let me know if/when you do so.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2013
maclatunji:

I am sorry that I am not in a position to view the video and it is not in my section. If you know it is offensive and have reported it to moderators and they don't take action, please report to the Supermoderators, Mukina2 and Semidy4life by sending them both a mail with all the details.

Let me know if/when you do so.

I have reported to the moderator in the crime section no response, currently I have brought it to mukina's attention! I don't know where to find semidy4life
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by maclatunji: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2013
vedaxcool:

I have reported to the moderator in the crime section no response, currently I have brought it to mukina's attention! I don't know where to find semidy4life

You search for his name, his profile will show up and you can send him a message.

However, Mukina2 should suffice.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Proffdada: 7:02am On Apr 30, 2013
A7 +:

The video says it all ,islam brings out the monster in ppl, indonesians may not know how to butcher men n babies but when d spirit of islam steps in,hell loose. Islam only leaves trail of violence ppl don't even dream of commiting in d first place cuz ur Quran approves it as d right way to punish infidels. About ur misconceptions those buried in shrouds,even an indonesian xtian will wrap their dead dat way as a custom n quick burial. It's truly sad when these atrocities r committed n muslims r ignorant to how they will spend their eternity
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 7:28am On May 04, 2013
Apparently the deportation of the "handsome" guy story was just another hoax.

The Man Too Handsome for Saudi Arabia Who Wasn’t
May 3, 2013 1:33 am

Saudi Arabia often makes US (and international) headlines for its laws (legal mishaps?) regarding women, sex and religious minorities. Some of these stories undoubtedly belong there, but a surprising number gain traction thanks to a small amount of research and suspension of critical engagement. It seems that when it comes to Saudi Arabia (and sometimes her theocratic counterpart Iran, albeit less so), the more bizarre the story may seem – in that way only the Saudi Arabia of our perception could normalize – the more believable it is.

News and blog media have a particular penchant for covering ridiculous, often inaccurate and even false fatwas (here's our quick definition and a more nuanced discussion on it). And in August 2012, the internet went into a bit of an uproar over the alleged building of an all-female city to promote women's participation in the workforce. Unfortunately, the dreams of the impending matriarchy were dashed when it was eventually revealed that the city was for both men and women, but created facilities specific for women to encourage their participation.

So, what's the latest Saudi Arabia headline wreaking havoc across the internet?

You have most probably heard by now that three Emirati men were allegedly thrown out of a cultural Janadriyah Festival by the Saudi religious police (pl. mutawaeen) for “being too handsome.” Most reports, however, have claimed the three men were actually deported from the Kingdom, itself, for their ‘seductive' lure that was apparently going to send the attending women into an incontrollable hormonal flux. Fementertainment blog, Jezebel, was amongst the first to reveal the identity of one of the alleged Emirati men, Omar Borkan Al Gala – a photographer, model, actor and poet. The internet went into self-fanning mode as several images of the young man went viral and thousands clamored to follow him on social media websites.

Unfortunately, no one in the English press bothered to actually fact check the story.

As it turns out, three men were not, in fact, deported from Saudi Arabia. Actually, no one was deported from Saudi Arabia and certainly not for being too handsome. And, actually, no one was even kicked out of the heritage and cultural festival except for a member of the religious police for protesting against the presence of a Gulf female singer. According to UK’s Al-Arab:

A member of the Saudi feared religious police, known as Mutawa, stormed the UAE pavilion at National Festival for Heritage and Culture, also known as Al Janadriyah, but was forced out by the Gulf Kingdom’s national guards.

The incident took place when the Mutawa member objected to the presence of the Emirati singer Aryam in her country’s pavilion.

A brief U-Tube film showed several guards surround the member of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice before they escorted him out of the pavilion at the annual festival in the Saudi capital Riyadh.

And that's it.

There was, indeed, an incident involving Al Gala (and apparently him alone): according to the head of the mutawaeen, Sheikh Abdullatif Al-Sheikh (Arabic source), Al Gala had made his way into the family section of the event and was dancing inappropriately. Several complaints were made against him and he was taken aside by members of the national guard, questioned and that was it. He was not asked to leave the event, let alone the country. It turns out his uncomfortable dancing and not his uncomfortably good looks were the reason for some cause for concern and discomfort at the festival.

Al Gala has yet to deny the story and would probably find little reason to do so considering the amount of fame he is now enjoying as The Man Too Handsome for Saudi Arabia, which has helped boost his online personality as well as his career. It should also be noted that some of the sources who were the first to report, in Arabic, that three men were removed from the festival/deported from Saudi Arabia are no longer found online.

While the laughs and light-hearted news from the oil lands of strife are being welcomed by news readers and makers as a nice departure from the usual headlines, this sort of misreporting is not only common but feeds into dangerous and reductionist stereotypes of Muslims and Muslim countries, especially as these stereotypes relate to gender and sexuality's interplay with Islamic law. Somewhere the story of an awkward dancer making families uncomfortable and the story of a member of the religious police being removed from the same festival crossed paths to create a ‘sexy' news story that just made sense enough for the imagined Saudi Arabia.

The common tendency to take stories about incidents in Muslim countries at face value, without much (easy) fact checking (language need not be a barrier with the glory that is Google Translate), offers coverage that only fuels mischaracterizations of the role of religion in the public and legal spheres. Additionally, in these stories and the ensuing commentaries, Muslims cease to exist outside political and social caricatures and are made to fit neat cookie-cutter ideas and images.

In an era of fast-paced news where there is a tendency for any story to go viral within minutes across millions of blue screens, the responsibility for factual, non-gullible news has become dire. This is especially the case when it comes to stories about Muslims, Muslim countries and Muslim and Islamic law.

http://www.islawmix.org/the-man-too-handsome-for-saudi-arabia-who-wasnt/#.UYSowYaC8Zw

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On May 04, 2013
tbaba1234: Apparently the deportation of the "handsome" guy story was just another hoax.

Internet 'news' regularly goes viral true or not. This doesn't indicate a war against any part of society. This story does not prove that there a media war against Islamic nations.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 3:39pm On May 15, 2013
Muslims Dancing In Streets After Boston Terrorist Attack?

slamophobes were all in a tizzy to pass the pictures off below as Gazans (i.e. Muslims) celebrating the bombings in Boston but in fact that is false, the pictures are from March 2011.

The images are far from a comforting-type of celebration, according to the AFP/Getty it shows a sole individual passing out sweets after the murder of an Israeli settler family from Itamar. The murders horrified many Palestinians (http://www.palestinechronicle.com/old/view_article_details.php?id=16728) and was opposed by a majority of Palestinian(http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/poll-one-third-of-palestinians-support-itamar-massacre-1.354477) society who believe resistance to Israeli theft of their land, occupation and daily violence does not equal cold-blooded murder.

This does not take away from the fact that the Islamophobes attempted to recycle the images by creating a fake story to thereby perpetuate their civilizational war and anti-Muslim/Palestinian narrative.

Muslims Dancing In Streets After Boston Terrorist Attack?

EDL Review http://edlreview..com/2013/04/muslims-dancing-in-streets-after-boston.html

Far-right sites, blogs and hate groups such as the Israel News Agency, BareNakedIslam, Seraphic Press, Atlasshrugs, Mr Conservative and the Gateway Pundit (amongst many others) have claimed that ‘Muslims’ were ‘dancing in the streets of Gaza’ after the horrific Boston marathon attack and handed out sweets.

This fake story can now be exposed as a blatant attempt to demonize Islam, Muslims and Palestinians. And we’ll show you why.

Stories using these pictures (like the ones shown above) are not new. These pictures provided by Getty Images (here) go as far back as March 2011!

It shows a Palestinian offering sweets to some people in the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah, after a terror attack in the West Bank settlement of Itamar where five family members were murdered in their sleep.

The story, which was picked up by an Israeli tabloid, was then circulated by the press which reported jubilant Muslims crowding Gaza’s streets, handing out candy and sweets in the wake of the murders, even though no “jubilant Muslims” are seen in the above pictures.

It is only one man in these pictures, so this is being over-dramatized by the far-right, who are making it look like many Palestinians were celebrating.

We can therefore, conclude these pictures do not show anyone ‘celebrating’ the Boston bombings, seeing as they are over a year old whilst the bombings in Boston were only three days ago.

Circulated video is over one year old too!

Islamophobic hate websites and blogs such as BareNakedIslam are also circulating a video (here http://vimeo.com/30231565) that supposedly shows Palestinians celebrating.

But the uploader of this video uploaded this video one year ago, so it can’t be recent! Furthermore, the video title on Vimeo says it is a midnight dance party, not a “celebration” of the Boston attacks

Conclusion – Fake story

In conclusion, this story has been exposed as unreliable. The makers of this story have reused pictures and videos which were on the net more than a year ago and are making the story look new. The sources circulating this false story have been exposed as being misleading bias sources of information.

There is no proof that any ‘Muslim’ was ‘dancing in the streets of Gaza’ after the horrific Boston marathon attack took place. These stories are fake pieces of propaganda.

Please scroll over website names referenced for article snapshots.

Further reading:

http://edlreview..co.uk/2013/04/edl-fake-muslims-celebrate-boston-bombing.html

http://edlreview..com/2013/04/edl-leader-muslims-celebrate-boston.html

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
[img]http://i1.wp.com/www.loonwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Pamela-Geller-Undead.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=225%2C225[/img]

Pamela Geller has posted Muslim “Youth” looting the dead at French Rail Crash.

Geller says:

This is the second unexplained train crash in as many weeks. More bodies are still being recovered in a mysterious Quebec train disaster in Canada In this latest disaster in France, French Atlas readers tell me that Muslim “youths” were looting corpses at the train crash site. Most media neglected this monstrous bit of news; The Daily Telegraph makes a brief mention of the ghouls, referring to the Muslims as, ahem, “local people.”

Actually, according to the most recent Reuters report on the tragic Quebec train crash: The runaway train of 72 cars carrying crude oil had been parked uphill in the nearby town of Nantes. It started moving toward Lac-Megantic when its brakes failed, building speed and eventually jumping the tracks in the heart of town near the packed Musi-Cafe bar, shortly after 1 a.m. (0500 GMT) last Saturday.

The French train crash appears to have been caused by loose equipment, more specifically, a loose steel plate at a junction.

There have been reports of http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/france-train-crash-looters-picking-2050956 but those reports only mention “jeunes” and “local people” in their descriptions. No one anywhere mentions Muslims except for Islam vs Europe, Sheikh Yer’Mami and Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs (and after them, the rest of the most vicious element of the Islamophobic echo chamber).

“Jeunes” simply means young people. No one but Geller and Islam vs Europe and other Islamophobic sites mention Muslims at all in relation to what happened in France. Who says that jeunes is “French journalist code for Muslims”? Who says “local people” is code for Muslims?

There is a reason that any respectable media have neglected Geller’s “monstrous bit of news”, and that is because it is not news, but simply another of Geller’s endless steam of sick Islamophobic fantasies. Pamela Geller says that she “loves Muslims” and has “no problem” with Muslims only with Islam. This is certainly a love that passes all understanding as her pathological hatred of Muslims seems to know no bounds.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2013/07/pamela-geller-exploits-another-tragedy-to-promote-pathological-anti-muslim-hatred/
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
EDL LIE About Attack By 50 Muslims In Sheffield

British far-right group, the English Defence League (EDL), has made many lies to target the Muslim community to try and stir up tensions within Britain.

The EDL has once again lied and claimed that ‘50 Muslims’ attacked a lone EDL supporter during a protest in Sheffield (held on 8th June 2013).

We will now expose this as a lie.

The deceptive image shared by the EDL

The Yorkshire EDL Leeds Division first started sharing a picture that showed a man lying on the ground as an Asian male appeared to walk away.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-LwWfk386udY/UbkkbIrmBHI/AAAAAAAACz4/pkQ8a4ZK32o/s1600/EDL+Sheffield+3.jpg[/img]

The image which is being circulated by the EDL is taken from a YouTube video, but is carefully screenshot so it makes it look like the accused ‘attackers’ were present at the scene (when they are actually nowhere to be seen).

We found out that the screenshot was taken from this video below and as you can see at 1:25 onwards, the man in the picture is a lone individual who is simply walking past. The police are also near him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G_NEGEH3KSk

It makes no sense (if what the EDL say is true) that the police would let him walk away if he committed such an attack. This is also the same with the other 49 other ‘Muslims’ who the EDL are accusing of attacking the man.

Unsurprisingly, they are nowhere to be found. Therefore...

The EDL supporter was not attacked by ‘Muslims’

Most interestingly, the video also shows us where the man was at the time of this alleged ‘attack’. At 1:10 onwards in the far left of the video, you can see the police carrying a man away from the mob of aggressive EDL supporters.

This is the same man on the floor who the EDL are saying was attacked. The video suggests that he was carried away around the corner so police could help him.

Note: He may have suffered a fatal fall, may have been hurt by thrown objects, hurt by police, hurt by his own supporters.

There seems to be no evidence that any ‘Muslims’ attacked this man at all.

This man was nowhere near the opposition party. And furthermore, there are no visual signs of cuts or bruises that would suggest he was attacked by 50 men.

The EDL have been strategic to screenshot the video to make it look as though he had, but the same video they screenshot the picture from, simply shows they were hiding the truth.

Various EDL Divisions and allies who have been sharing this lie include the EDL South United Division, the Christian Defence League, EDL Durham & Darlington Division and EDL Support International.

http://edlreview..com/search/label/Stupidity
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Internet 'news' regularly goes viral true or not. This doesn't indicate a war against any part of society. This story does not prove that there a media war against Islamic nations.

We see these concocted negative news about Islam regularly and the only conclusion, we are told, is that everything is accidental
I beg to disagree. These are not mere accidents!
The only plausible explanation is that there is a grand design to malign Islam.
You can even see Christians opening negative threads upon negative threads about Islam. Follow some of the OPs. They have never made any comments in the regular Christian section, let alone open threads
Why?
And the positive news about Islam that make it to the front page elicit negative reaction from Christians
Again why?
The front page is one vast piece of real estate. So why the discomfort about the odd positive story about Islam amongst tens of other entries

To be sure, I am not interested in broadcasting true negative news about Christianity. I just want to be left alone to discuss Islam

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Proffdada: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
BetaThings:

We see these concocted negative news about Islam regularly and the only conclusion, we are told, is that everything is accidental
I beg to disagree. These are not mere accidents!
The only plausible explanation is that there is a grand design to malign Islam.
You can even see Christians opening negative threads upon negative threads about Islam. Follow some of the OPs. They have never made any comments in the regular Christian section, let alone open threads
Why?
And the positive news about Islam that make it to the front page elicit negative reaction from Christians
Again why?
The front page is one vast piece of real estate. So why the discomfort about the odd positive story about Islam amongst tens of other entries

To be sure, I am not interested in broadcasting true negative news about Christianity. I just want to be left alone to discuss Islam
Islam has left a trail of nothing but blood and tears. It's a pity Christians don't react with equal and opposing force otherwise Islam would've been extinct

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 10:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Proffdada:
Islam has left a trail of nothing but blood and tears. It's a pity Christians don't react with equal and opposing force otherwise Islam would've been extinct

Christainity started on a basis of blood and tears, that the deity you claim to worship had no any other way of forgiving their sins except murdering his son, who double as himself being his son, shows clearly you live in a religion that celebrate blood and tears!
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 10:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Proffdada:
Hahhaaha
Is that not the intention - to make others (Jew, Muslims even the protestants) extinct?
We saw that in the attacks on Jews - carry over of the anger - led to 6million dead in WWII
Oh, that is not blood and tear. why? Because it was done by a holy child - the anointed who should not be touched or accused
We saw it the Wars of Religion (Christians in both the blue and red corners)
And the Saint Bartholomews Dasdy Massacre
tell us about Bolivar who rescued Latin America from Christian marauders and had a whole country named after him
Your deeds in Vietnam are in living memory

Anyway if Muslims were so bloodthirsty, should facts not suffice? why the lies? Why resort to HOAXES AND FABRICATIONS?
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by lafuria1(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2013
That Video Of The 11yo Yemeni Girl Fleeing Child Marriage Is A Fame Hoax

On July 8, the media was taken by storm when Nada Al-Ahdal, an 11-year-old schoolgirl from Yemen confessed on video that she had run away from her parents’ home to escape the horrors of a forced marriage.Plagued by unrest, poverty and deep social divisions, Yemen, the most populous and poorest country in the Arabian Peninsula, has battled issues related to child marriages for well over a decade. Activists are working tirelessly toward the establishment of legislation that would ensure children’s protection and still fall in line with clerical interpretation of the Holy Scriptures on marriage and consent.Needless to say, Nada’s bold testimony hit a nerve, sending shockwaves across Yemen’s human rights circles and the media, as once again the country found itself caught in a storm of controversy.Within days of the uploading of her video, Nada’s story had gone viral. At time of writing, her YouTube video has been viewed 7,772,156 times. News organizations across the world vilified her parents for having attempted to sell their little girl to a man [/b]who was willing to stoop so low he would consider a marital union with a child. [b]Her uncle, Abdel Salam Al-Ahdal, a montage and graphics technician at a TV station, was held up as a hero for having offered Nada a safe haven in his home, away from harm and abuse.In the video, translated by MEMRI, a Middle East media watchdog, Nada talks of her escape from her parents’ home after they tried to marry her to a much older man. She said: “I can’t live with them anymore. Enough! . . . What about the innocence of childhood? What have the children done wrong? Why do you marry them off like that?”Recalling how her 14-year-old aunt endured a year of abuse at the hands of her older husband before she was driven to suicide, Nada defiantly warned she would never let herself become another statistic on child marriage.My mother, my family, believe me when I say: I’m done with you, you’ve ruined my dreams,” she declared, decrying the threats her parents made against her person if she resisted their decision.In truth, child marriage is a very serious issue indeed—one which deserves and requires much attention because it involves a harrowing and despicable form of abuse. Any allegation or report of such abuse should be treated with care and diligence, so as not to allow false reports to trivialize the issue.Too busy reporting on a trend very few news organizations previously thought to investigate, many forgot to do any fact-checking on Nada’s allegations. As it turned out, they should have.Alerted by Seyaj—Yemen’s most prominent children’s rights organization—the authorities immediately assigned a task force to investigate the claims of child abuse, not willing to take Nada’ statement at face value.

The interior ministry confirmed that its preliminary investigation has established that, contrary to her claims, Nada had never approached the authorities with regard to her abuse.Moreover, for the past 18 months, Nada has been living with her paternal uncle, Abdel Salam Al-Ahdal. She never ran away to his house, as she stated in the video—she was already under his care.Most disturbingly yet, Seyaj says its investigations indicate that Nada had been coerced by her uncle into making the video as part of a scam to turn the young school girl into Yemen’s new Nujood, gain fame and make a profit. Nujood was a young girl who rose to fame in 2008 when, at the age of 8, she bravely refused to tolerate abuse from her husband and asked a judge to grant her a divorce.Well-versed in the way the media operates, Nada’s uncle sought to cash in on his niece’s fabricated plight, hoping she would become the country’s new poster child against child marriage.Now in the care of the Yemen Women’s Union, the authorities are looking to transfer Nada back into her parents’ custody, away from the prying eye of the media

.Ramizia Al-Eryani, the president of the Yemen Women’s Union said that Nada had been pressed to falsely accuse her parents. She said she was angry with the media, as their irresponsible reporting would harm real victims of abuse by raising some questions over the veracity of others’ claims. She worried that it would not only empower abusers, but potentially prevent victims from coming forward out of fear of both the media and social ]stigma.Seyaj issued the following statement on Thursday: “Nada’s claims that she was to be married are not real. Nada tried to exploit the public’s opinion for personal and financial gain, hoping that, like Nujood before her, her story would grant her status. Nada is not a victim of child marriage!”Officials from the interior ministry also categorically rejected Nada’s claims, declaring that the evidence points to the same conclusion: Nada lied

http://www.majalla.com/eng/2013/07/article55243853?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer684bc&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by golpen(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
I use to pity all these sheeps of christendom...what I've com to realise is that these sheeps just follow ignorantly, the sheperds as they flock them on their street of personal greed. One will notice that if all these ones that come to argue and display their stark ignorance on NL know a quarter of what their pastors know about christianity, there would have been a massive revolution in the christian world. But the sheperds have skillfully hypnotised the thinking of the sheeps, by picking out of the doctrines, the ones that are found suitable and blends with modern civilisation. But some christians have started stabbing tithes anyway.

But some things are just natural, like it is natural that darkness can never overcome light. What else do you expect from our christian neighbours (when to the fright and dilemma of the church, these hoaxes have been skillfully fabricated), than to gleefully accept without making findings, as their only way to remain in a fantasy and lust of remaining heavily blindfolded in a religion that has always put a lot of doubts in their minds when once in a blue moon they come to think of the reality.

Don't be surprised that the likes of mintayo, cleanvessel, truthman2012(nextpart), thehomer, pointblank and their likes may not be able to sleep at night because of the insomnia islam and their maths of antagonising it must have left behind. But just in the midst of their hateful plots, they must have found something so appealling about islam, but jealousy of the fact that they don't possess such in their religion will also try to work on them, hence their catalystic moves in spreading these falsities without noticing that God's wrath watches from above.

Evidence; they always claim they don't think about islam one bit, but I wonder if they can think of feeding their kids when they type aggressively on the islam section of NL, that clearly states that is for purely muslims.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Proffdada: 2:11am On Aug 06, 2013
BetaThings:
Hahhaaha
Is that not the intention - to make others (Jew, Muslims even the protestants) extinct?
We saw that in the attacks on Jews - carry over of the anger - led to 6million dead in WWII
Oh, that is not blood and tear. why? Because it was done by a holy child - the anointed who should not be touched or accused
We saw it the Wars of Religion (Christians in both the blue and red corners)
And the Saint Bartholomews Dasdy Massacre
tell us about Bolivar who rescued Latin America from Christian marauders and had a whole country named after him
Your deeds in Vietnam are in living memory

Anyway if Muslims were so bloodthirsty, should facts not suffice? why the lies? Why resort to HOAXES AND FABRICATIONS?
there were never hoaxes n fabrications but facts n truths being practised by a false religion

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Mintayo(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2013
golpen: I use to pity all these sheeps of christendom...what I've com to realise is that these sheeps just follow ignorantly, the sheperds as they flock them on their street of personal greed. One will notice that if all these ones that come to argue and display their stark ignorance on NL know a quarter of what their pastors know about christianity, there would have been a massive revolution in the christian world. But the sheperds have skillfully hypnotised the thinking of the sheeps, by picking out of the doctrines, the ones that are found suitable and blends with modern civilisation. But some christians have started stabbing tithes anyway.

But some things are just natural, like it is natural that darkness can never overcome light. What else do you expect from our christian neighbours (when to the fright and dilemma of the church, these hoaxes have been skillfully fabricated), than to gleefully accept without making findings, as their only way to remain in a fantasy and lust of remaining heavily blindfolded in a religion that has always put a lot of doubts in their minds when once in a blue moon they come to think of the reality.

Don't be surprised that the likes of mintayo, cleanvessel, truthman2012(nextpart), thehomer, pointblank and their likes may not be able to sleep at night because of the insomnia islam and their maths of antagonising it must have left behind. But just in the midst of their hateful plots, they must have found something so appealling about islam, but jealousy of the fact that they don't possess such in their religion will also try to work on them, hence their catalystic moves in spreading these falsities without noticing that God's wrath watches from above.

Evidence; they always claim they don't think about islam one bit, but I wonder if they can think of feeding their kids when they type aggressively on the islam section of NL, that clearly states that is for purely muslims.

please tell me i beg thee what is there in islam to be jealous of? What is it that you people have or do that i need to be jealous of?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. / It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.