Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10436 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 8:58am On Mar 31, 2013
Salam Alaykum and Hello to Non-Muslims as well.

This thread is a special thread dedicated to compiling Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about Islam and getting them answered appropriately by Muslims.

Now, this is not a new idea and there have been some threads in the past that were created by some of our members for the same purpose.

Hence, we suggest that you go through these threads before asking any new questions. It is most likely that your questions have already been addressed in these threads:

1. Most Frequently Asked Questions About Islam
https://www.nairaland.com/152378/most-frequently-asked-questions-islam

2. Curious About Islam,facts About Islam
https://www.nairaland.com/359506/curious-islamfacts-islam

3. Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know
https://www.nairaland.com/802617/questions-muslims-those-want-know

If you still have questions after viewing these threads, please feel free to ask them here. This thread is for questions only. Some questions and answers would be drawn from existing threads.

Answers would be provided on another thread, https://www.nairaland.com/1242159/answers-frequently-asked-questions-islam
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
For muslim men married to more than one wife,lets say 2 or 3,does he give all of them wedding rings,number 2 in nikkai weddings why doesnt the islamic cleric that is there say 'you may kiss the bride',afterall they are married,3.i am always schoked as to why muslim women are ok with their husbands marrying more than one wife and they dont feel edgy and jealous,is it that they dont love their husbands or what because i can't imagine living under the same woof with several women screwing my husband.4.i understand that hijab is compulsory for women but why dont you peeps exclude infants till they reach an age of knowing right from wrong,for adults,fine,but i get to see kids of age 1 to 4 wearing hijab,doesnt it cause heat to kids especially some infants that are still being backed,5.in mosques why do women seat in a seperate place while men sit in a seperate place,cant they sit together especially married couples,what is the reason for the obvious seperation? Also on the grounds of domestic violence or adultery,is it allowed for a muslim woman to pack out of her husbands house and divorcing him for her safety,then how do the muslims punish a man that is found guilty of always beating his wife ,furthermore is it ok for a man or woman to have tatoos on his body? and lastly when sermons is goin on (wasi) why do the congregation sit on mats on the floor,why cant they sit on chairs and then when its time to pray,go to wherever the mat is and pray .any willing person should please answer,thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
You peeps hould answer na
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
This thread is for QUESTIONS ONLY

Responses are provided here- https://www.nairaland.com/1242159/answers-frequently-asked-questions-islam#15012437

Kulyie, look up for the answers
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deSika(m): 5:37am On Apr 03, 2013
sis, tnks for this opportunity to ask
my question is
1.is it wrong to represent islam with the moon and star.
2.is it wrong thing in islam to build a mosque on the site where other peolpe had their own holy building
3. whats ur view of the quran. is it the verbatim true word of Allah and is it complete (contains everything Allah wants us to know and should not be added to)
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tbaba1234: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
This thread is a duplication of this: https://www.nairaland.com/802617/questions-muslims-those-want-know

It took a lot of effort to keep that thread running for as long as it did, i am sure you can probably get some useful answers from there.

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Paschal007: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2013
The answers are not debatable?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
tbaba1234: This thread is a duplication of this: https://www.nairaland.com/802617/questions-muslims-those-want-know

It took a lot of effort to keep that thread running for as long as it did, i am sure you can probably get some useful answers from there.

I mentioned in the Op that questions would be drawn from pre existing threads which shows that I am aware they exist. Yours is one of them.

But this is different from yours and not a duplicate like you said because the questions and answers were on the same thread and derailments happened unlike what is happening on the answers thread that is locked, preventing any form of derailing.

The essence of this is not to make yours insignificant. I am sure there are people who may prefer it or search and find it, etc

The answer thread is d main thing with the aim of putting all in one and without any unnecessary arguments, etc
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
Paschal007: The answers are not debatable?

You can post whatever you don't agree with here in form of questions...and they would be answered in sha Allah.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
deSika: sis, tnks for this opportunity to ask
my question is
1.is it wrong to represent islam with the moon and star.
2.is it wrong thing in islam to build a mosque on the site where other peolpe had their own holy building
3. whats ur view of the quran. is it the verbatim true word of Allah and is it complete (contains everything Allah wants us to know and should not be added to)

Your question would be answered soon in sha Allah.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Paschal007: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
deols:

You can post whatever you don't agree with here in form of questions...and they would be answered in sha Allah.
Ok o.

Could please remove pen might's no.3 answer to kuylie question? I don't think it's succinct and apt enough. How can you tell someone not to question the rationality of their belief and just believe blindly? It's not encouraging for prospective converts especially the female ones. My opinion though.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Paschal007: 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
deols:

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
deols: This thread is for QUESTIONS ONLY

Responses are provided here- https://www.nairaland.com/1242159/answers-frequently-asked-questions-islam#15012437

Kulyie, look up for the answers
ok,thanks,i have read everything and i understand them perfectly.however on the grounds of kissing your wife on your wedding day (nikkai),i dont think it is lewdness,its not as if they are having public sex or touching themselves,2ndly how come there are no female muslim clerics just as we have female pastors,female assistant pastors etc.moreover i thought the quoran respects women and holds them in high esteem,moreover they too have the same mental capacities with men,its just biological features that make them different.so why is there no female alfa leading the congregation to prayer or female chief imam or the person that calls muslims out for worship with the loud speakers early in the morning and lastly when a muslim lady is menstrating,why is she exempted from going to the mosque to worship till her menses is over,its not like menstration is a sin or an abnormality,it a natural thing.thanks deols
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Paschal007: Ok o.

Could please remove pen might's no.3 answer to kuylie question? I don't think it's succinct and apt enough. How can you tell someone not to question the rationality of their belief and just believe blindly? It's not encouraging for prospective converts especially the female ones. My opinion though.
thats why religion is called faith,more like you cant question God.if he says something,its final.i am interpreting it in my own level of understanding o! I might not be right though
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by PENMIGHT(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
kulyie: thats why religion is called faith,more like you cant question God.if he says something,its final.i am interpreting it in my own level of understanding o! I might not be right though
@ KULYIE, thanks for your open-mindedness. Thank you ,too, for answering paschal's question on the 'rationality of faith'. I believe all of us can really learn a lot from each other if we could be tolerant of our views irrespective of our faiths.

Kulyie, though u have raised new sets of issues here, but it appears to me that we have aligned our thoughts on most of the questions you raised before(except the 'kissing aspect sha)!
It is a good start! Now u know more about our faith ,and that is greatly due to your efforts and readiness to 'sincerely' seek to understand more about ISLAM and MUSLIMS.

The new sets of clarity being sought, in sha ALLAH, shall be provided for by the mod. Thanks.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 05, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: @ KULYIE, thanks for your open-mindedness. Thank you ,too, for answering paschal's question on the 'rationality of faith'. I believe all of us can really learn a lot from each other if we could be tolerant of our views irrespective of our faiths.

Kulyie, though u have raised new sets of issues here, but it appears to me that we have aligned our thoughts on most of the questions you raised before(except the 'kissing aspect sha)!
It is a good start! Now u know more about our faith ,and that is greatly due to your efforts and readiness to 'sincerely' seek to understand more about ISLAM and MUSLIMS.

The new sets of clarity being sought, in sha ALLAH, shall be provided for by the mod. Thanks.
lol,thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2013
Paschal007: Ok o.

If you have a succinct answer, post it and I will add it to the previously provided one. But I doubt that you do. grin
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 05, 2013
Salam. Please I am aware that in paradise, Muslim men get to have houris along with the wives they had on earth.
I am a jealous female and I don't think I will be able to cope with the fact that I have to share my husband with other women for all eternity. Many women I know also dislike the idea of sharing their husband with other females and besides, what time will he have for me when he is surrounded by many houris?
I just need to understand whether I am supposed to spend eternity in this situation or if something would be done to make it easier for me.
Will I find solace in some other form or am I supposed to put up with all of it and endure without feeling bad? Thanks.
This issue has really bothered me for a long time.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 05, 2013
Thank you very much for the response.
But what time will he have to spend with me when those other women are around?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deSika(m): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2013
The faith of Islam has historically had no symbol, and many refuse to accept what is essentially an ancient pagan icon. It is certainly not in uniform use among Muslims.
thnks 4 ur response, but dd u know that u dd nt answer my question

this is d question again;
Is it wrong to represent Islam with the moon and star?
answer shoud be yes or no be4 u start explaining

if yes, then most mosques are rong.
if no, then it must hv somtin to do with Allah which we may not know
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deSika(m): 10:03am On Apr 06, 2013
the places of worship would be turned to mosques when the ownership becomes legally of the Muslims.
so cn u explainn how the site of the temple at Jerusalem became legally muslims.. did they purchase it or as a result of taking over the place after a war. if as a result of war wt caused the war.
thanks for ur responses
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deSika(m): 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: No,it is not wrong or a sin for mosques that uses it or for representation but it has no basis in the deen so it is better avoided.
there must be a reason for doing something especially wen its widespread and wen it has to do with religion every symbol has a meaning.
anyway u guys need to do more research on why such a symbol wud be accepted in islam.
why not full moon or only star or the sun. there must be a reason. ur job is to find out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus / On Zakatul Fitr / How To Be A VIP On The Day Of Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.