Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (26017 Views)

The Answer Of A German Muslim Scholar On Islam And Terrorism *worth D Read* / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) / Invite To The Thread 'truth, Fabrications, Or Fallacies?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
This thread would serve as a collecting point for propaganda stories on Islam/Muslims that turned out to be false:

Update: It looks like the myth that Geller was pushing some months ago about Muslim hordes incinerating Nigerian Christians is resurfacing once again, this time on Facebook. Below is our post exposing the absurd falsity of attempting to pass the Congo gas tanker explosion as an example of Nigerian sectarianism.

Professional hate blogger Pamela Geller is going to be exposed once again in the following article. She is going to be exposed pretty brutally.

We know about her vitriolic hate and twisting of truth quite well now. Her claims that Obama is the love child of Malcolm X, that he was born in Kenya, her calls to nuke Mecca, Medina, Tehran and to destroy the Golden Dome, her crusade against Campbell Soup’s “imminent Sharia’ take over,” etc.

We know her world is a twisted, vapid void in which honesty and intellect is frowned upon and viewed as frightening. Half the time I wonder if she isn’t asleep or on some hallucinogenic while typing away on her propaganda site, but this time she may have topped even her own crazy self.

Pamela is claiming in a blog titled, Nigeria: Muslim Hordes Mass Slaughter Christians that a gruesome picture is evidence of Muslim violence against Christians in Nigeria (be warned the picture is gruesome):

A terrible and horrifying picture indeed.

Pamela brags that she wrote about it “first” back on April 19, and then wonders “why” is America fighting in Libya to restore a “universal Caliphate?”

Huh??

It turns out however that the above picture is not evidence of some “Muslim rampage” in Nigeria! The charred bodies are a tragic result of a tanker explosion in the CONGO!! A whole other country the last time I checked! Here is the evidence from Afrik.com (I give you the Google translation since it was originally in French):

The explosion, on July 3, a tanker in the town of Sange, South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has resulted in 235 deaths.

Here is the original French language report where you will also find more pictures: RDC : les images atroces du drame de Sange au Sud-Kivu

You will also see an interesting picture of Muslim UN soldiers, possibly from Pakistan helping to respond to the tragedy.

Here is a report from Reuters with some more pictures:

(Reuters) – At least 230 people were killed when a fuel tanker overturned and exploded in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, unleashing a fire ball that tore through homes and cinemas packed with people watching World Cup soccer.

Officials said on Saturday the explosion late on Friday also injured 196 people, adding that the death toll could rise.

They described scenes of devastation in the town of Sange, where houses were burned and bodies littered the streets. Some people died while trying to steal fuel leaking from the tanker, but most were killed at home or watching World Cup soccer in cinemas.

Many of the bodies were charred beyond recognition.

United Nations helicopters began airlifting injured people to hospital, while Congo’s army, which lost a number of men in the blast, has sent soldiers in to help with the rescue.

“Our latest numbers are 230 dead and 196 injured,” Madnodje Mounoubai, a spokesman for the U.N. mission, said. Congo’s government also gave the same number of dead.

Marcellin Cisambo, governor of South Kivu province, where the incident took place, said the blast occurred when the fuel truck overturned, leaked fuel and then later exploded.

It was not immediately clear what caused the initial accident or later blast, but local people said the truck, which was part of a convoy, stopped when the road seemed to crumble, toppling the vehicle and spilling fuel. Fire then erupted.

“It’s a terrible scene. There are lots of dead bodies on the streets. The population is in terrible shock — no one is crying or speaking,” Jean-Claude Kibala, South Kivu’s vice governor, said from Sange, which is between the towns of Bukavu and Uvira.

“We are trying to see how we can coordinate with (the U.N.) to manage the situation and how to take the wounded to hospital,” he added.

TANKER ACCIDENTS

Roads in the area are notoriously bad after years of war and neglect in the vast central African nation.

“Some people were killed trying to steal the fuel, but most of the deaths were of people who were indoors watching the (World Cup) match,” Cisambo said.

There have been numerous similar accidents across Africa, where crowds gather around fuel tankers involved in crashes, only for the tanker to explode.

Millions of football fans across Africa were watching Ghana, the continent’s last team in the World Cup, play Uruguay in the quarterfinals of the tournament on Friday evening.

For many, who have no electricity at home, makeshift cinema halls are the only option for watching the football.

“My children were watching the football match in the cinema and then they ran out to see the petrol,” said Kiza Ruvinira, who lost three children and his sister-in-law in the blast.

“I went out to see what happened and I found my three children’s bodies myself. I don’t know how to go on.”

Mubaya Mumasura also lost three family members: “I don’t know what to do with myself I am so sad. I want the government to assist all the victims and help us.”

Congo’s weak government has difficulty providing even the most basic services, so U.N. peacekeepers began airlifting some of the wounded to nearby hospitals and aid workers were called in to help with medical treatment.

“The national Red Cross is working on collecting the bodies and taking them to the morgue, but the priority is obviously to take the wounded to the hospital,” International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) coordinator Inah Kaloga told Reuters.”

Kaloga said aid workers were trying to identify bodies before they were buried, but many were completely charred.

“It’s a catastrophe,” said Captain Olivier Hamuli,” spokesman for Congo’s military operation in South Kivu, adding that 13 soldiers had been injured and another 10 were missing.

The Kenyan driver of the truck is being held by the police.

Alain Ilunga, deputy CEO of Congo’s storage and distribution company, which is already investigating the incident, said the truck was carrying 49,000 liters of petrol at the time.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/04/pamela-geller-watch-ties-gas-tanker-explosion-in-congo-to-electoral-violence-in-nigeria/

This picture was actually used on NL can't recall the thread, as muslim killing christians in Jos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
This was repeated on NL can't point where the initial lie came from but trust nlanders in spreading unconfirmed tales

When I saw these I had to call God with all His names that I know. And speak in tongues. What is becoming of this human race?

See the man holding the boy's arm to make sure it is crush by a truck. shocked sad huh

Naija you must never allow Sharia Law in Nigeria!!!

Unspeakable!!!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/815484_boy-caught-stealing-bread-in-iran-1_jpg8fcf19e420f72c6830334f4c40801ad6[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/815485_boy-caught-stealing-bread-in-iran-2_jpg6b698b425a19204c37db0117a9ca4fa7[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/815486_boy-caught-stealing-bread-in-iran-3_jpg6984b4133736dd863472e2e4cfae8504[/img]

https://www.nairaland.com/1043439/young-boy-iran-got-caught/1

me said;
Op, as long as there is no link, I will have to call u a two faced liar! And even ur photo never showed the boy actually get crushed . . . U can do better, in any society sharia or not the boy would have been arrested by the police charged to court, the picture seems more like jungle justice . . . But no links seems u have something to hide . . .

the op replied
https://www.nairaland.com/1043439/young-boy-iran-got-caught#12119258

a non Muslim website gives the context of the picture;

Origins: The above-displayed photographs have been circulating on the Internet since at least 2004, usually in e-mail forwards that set them in one of several Arab/Muslim areas (e.g., Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Palestinian territories) and claim that the boy pictured is being punished under a harsh Sharia law system that imposes a penalty grossly out of proportion to the nature of the crime (i.e., having his arm crushed under a vehicle because he stole a loaf of

bread).

These pictures originated with the Iranian news site PeykeIran, who (along with persons who have witnessed similar scenes in other countries) confirmed that what the photographs actually depict is performers hustling money from onlookers by staging a common street act, one in which a subject seemingly allows himself to be run over by a heavy vehicle and then emerges unscathed. This a common act, variations of which are performed by many magicians and accomplished through a variety of means, with no lasting harm done. That the subject is a small boy who grimaces his way through the stunt is all part of the act, intended to elicit sympathy and extra cash from onlookers. (Despite his contorted facial expressions, the boy is not seriously or permanently injured by the process.

It's difficult to make any definitive statement about Sharia/Islamic law since customs and enforcement can vary from region to region, but although the cutting off hands may sometimes be the prescribed maximum penalty for cases of theft under the strictest interpretations of Sharia, Islamic law resources consistently note that such punishments shall not be applied to children who have not yet reached puberty (which is defined as the age of 15 for boys), nor for the theft of small-value items or food by the hungry:
The maximum sentence of any violation of law is not applied in every case. In the robbery and theft cases for example, the maximum penalty of hand-cutting applies after the consideration of many factors such as track record and whether the theft was made for profit. In some cases, such as stealing food because of severe hunger or to prevent death, there may not be a penalty.

A person's hand is not amputated when he steals less than the equivalent of 4.374 grams of gold [or] something that is useless. The penalty for the one who steals (when the above conditions are met) is that his/her right arm is amputated.
The above photographs do not depict any form of amputation, and it is the child's left arm which goes under the wheels. Moreover, there are no police, judges, religious authorities, or other officials evident in any of the pictures, just a huckster with a hand-held microphone who drums up business and describes the action for the onlookers visible in the background of the first photo. (Also note the blanket placed under the boy's arm — something which is useful for a staged stunt but is unlikely to be provided or allowed by those intent on severely punishing a lawbreaker.)

The versions of these photographs circulated via e-mail generally leave out the last pictures of the original series, which show the same boy after the conclusion of the stunt:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/crushboy.asp

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2013
vedaxcool: This thread would serve as a collecting point for propaganda stories on Islam/Muslims that turned out to be false:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/04/pamela-geller-watch-ties-gas-tanker-explosion-in-congo-to-electoral-violence-in-nigeria/

This picture was actually used on NL can't recall the thread, as muslim killing christians in Jos.

There is an embedded video of the incident here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291683/Congo-More-200-killed-oil-tanker-travelling-high-speed-flips-explodes.html

Here is a youtube report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Z1KG7KWfw

I saw several emails on this. Christians claimed a bus was going from the SE to the North and that it was stopped at Jos, the muslims asked to step out and the bus set on fire!
Christians are very wicked. They will leave no lie untold to bismirch Islam
Allah is our protector

9 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2013
Truly they are very wicked they practice evangelism by lies, unfortunately our friend has copied this methodology of passing doubtful stories about others and bad stories just to promote his own short sighted version of religion, In the coming weeks more stories would be posted hopefully this thread would run into pages!

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 9:16am On Feb 08, 2013
Pamela Geller, premiere anti-Muslim loon hoax perpetrator loves creating fictional stories and passing them off as real news. She has a particular penchant for fabricating stories about Nigerian Muslims, in her racist eyes all Africans look the same.

Recall her attempt to frame the Congo gas tanker explosion over a year ago in which hundreds of Congolese were incinerated as an instance of Nigerian Muslim on Christian violence. Anything goes for Geller if it dehumanizes Muslims, the more so to incite her followers towards her Ayn Rand inspired view of Muslims as “savages.”

In her recent lie against Nigerian Muslims she claims they crucified a cat in protest of the anti-Muslim movie, “Innocence of Muslims,” (h/t: Robert4 & Paul)

Nigerian Muslims Crucify A Cat on the Cross to Protest Freedom of Speech

September, 17, 2012

An anti-freedom, anti-life, culture produces little else other than new and different ways to kill, murder torture, destroy. That is their contribution to humanity — anti-humanity.

“Muslim Youths In Nigeria Crucify A Cat On The Cross To Protest Anti-Islam Film” Nigeria News

Geller is frolicking in hate land again, her post has been picked up in the Islamophobia echo chamber, with JihadWatch, Israel Forum, Exposing Liberal Lies and thousands of others reproducing her blogpost. The above picture originated in Ghana not Nigeria, and surfaced nearly a year ago, reported by Ghanaweb.com in the article “Society for animal protection decries crucifixion of cat” and on the Cat Defender blog,

October 22, 2011

There are numerous reasons to be thankful to the Internet but the use of it as a forum in order for cat-haters to showcase the end products of their unspeakable cruelty and moral depravity is not one of them. The recent posting on Facebook of a photograph of a bound, black and white cat that was crucified by Ghanaian youths is a good case in point. (See photo above.)

Whereas the fate of big cats, elephants, primates, and other endangered and abused animals justifiably garners widespread attention from conservationists around the world, little attention is paid as to how companion and farm animals are treated on the “Dark Continent.” It therefore is difficult to gauge from afar whether the shocking manner in which this particular cat was abused is indicative of how most cats in Ghana are treated or whether this is merely as isolated case of moral degenerates seeking worldwide acclaim.

The photograph was posted online by someone who calls himself Kwabina Daniels, a.k.a. Popkon Sika-one. He possibly could be one of the youths shown in the photo but even that has been called into question by the Ghana Society for the Protection and Care of Animals’ (GSPCA) plea for the public’s assistance in identifying those pictured.

“To Facebookers and friends of the supposed perpetrator of this cruel act, it was fun and perhaps the most award-winning picture,” David Nyoagbe and Amasaba Adul-Yakeen Aluizah of the GSPCA said in a joint statement released to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) on October 5th. (See “Society for Animal Protection Decries Crucifixion of a Cat.”) ”It took friends of animals all over the world who begun (sic) criticizing this dastardly act for the picture on (the) Facebook page to be taken off.”

To its credit, the GSPCA promptly condemned the killing and even went so far as to add that cats should be fed regularly, provided with veterinary care and sufficient space in which to exercise, and not be subjected to either threats or molestation. Beyond that, however, its position is a good deal more ambiguous.

The GSPCA concluded by accusing the youths of insulting Christianity. “If this is not blasphemy, then what is?” it plaintively asked in the GNA article cited supra.

For whatever it is worth, the CIA World Factbook claims that nearly sixty-eight per cent of Ghanaians profess to the Christians as opposed to only sixteen per cent who claim to be Muslims.

here is no evidence that these youth who crucified the cat were Muslims. Considering that Ghana is a predominantly Christian nation, a more reasonable assumption would be that the perpetrators of this crime were Christians–such an assumption based on no evidence would, however, still be wrong.

It’s beyond disgraceful that Geller would use such a crime to dehumanize Muslims–it’s despicable. Such actions are par for the course with the anti-Muslim movement that seeks above everything to obsessively subjugate Muslims and crush/erase their religion from the face of the earth.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/09/pamela-geller-spreads-loon-hoax-nigerian-muslims-crucify-cat-over-muhammad-film/

read more http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobes-discover-another/0019365

A Danish website by the name ofhttp://tosseanstalten./ has more on the origins of the story. According to their research the picture does not emerge from Ghana but Angola. Read the translated article: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://tosseanstalten./2012/09/21/islamkritikerne-i-svaer-kattepine/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://tosseanstalten./2012/09/21/islamkritikerne-i-svaer-kattepine/%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=-CRrUMztOYTe9ATSqICQAQ&ved=0CCQQ7gEwAA

5 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
vedaxcool: Truly they are very wicked they practice evangelism by lies, unfortunately our friend has copied this methodology of passing doubtful stories about others and bad stories just to promote his own short sighted version of religion, In the coming weeks more stories would be posted hopefully this thread would run into pages!

Hahahahahah. Machiavellian. Sometimes I wonder if it is about spirituality?
Why would anyone require lies to back up a religion?
BTW I believe the two that practise it are actually closer than most people realise
Insha Allah, I intend to list out the common features someday
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2013
BetaThings:

Hahahahahah. Machiavellian. Sometimes I wonder if it is about spirituality?
Why would anyone require lies to back up a religion?
BTW I believe the two that practise it are actually closer than most people realise
Insha Allah, I intend to list out the common features someday

It has more to do with massaging a hefty ego . . ., I look forward to such thread in the future!
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by deols(f): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
I like this thread

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
^^^^

Hang on for the ride! You would eventually love this thread!
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2013

Islamophobes purposefully mistook these girls as child brides

The Loon world was whipped into a frenzy based on, as usual, the reinforcing winds of ignorance and hate. In what was meant to be an unremarkable story, Tim Marshall a reporter for Sky News blogged on a mass wedding celebration in the Gaza Strip officiated by Hamas. Marshall reports in his excellent blog http://blogs.news.sky.com/foreignmatters/Post:dcc9d723-8046-4857-b618-5c1135ba6417

The party is for 450 grooms, the brides are elsewhere, some among the 5,000 or so guests. It’s the way things are done here, Personally I’m for the mixing of the sexes, but I’m not about to argue, I’m outnumbered.

Up on the stage there’s music and dancing. Everyone’s having a good time, even me, although the Hamas robocops are making me a little nervous. Sure Hamas have cold blooded killers among them, sure they support the murder of children in Israel, sure they are cracking down on women’s rights, but many of their supporters are just ordinary people. And they need a break…Then the fireworks explode, the cheering begins, and in march the Hamas scouts, bashing drums, looking every inch the future Hamas fighters many will be. Then the grooms, aged about 18 to about 28. They are holding hands with their young nieces and cousins, little girls aged from about 3 to 8, made up to the nines, wearing white wedding dresses.

So what has gotten the Loon world completely riled up? Well it seems that many of the anti-Muslims misconstrued the occasion and thought the grooms were actually marrying the little girls who were their nieces or cousins! Tim Marshall explains,

Our report on this put it into context saying that it took place just a mile from the Israeli border and was a message from Hamas about its strength confidence and future fighters. Oh and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.

Dozens, and I mean dozens, of websites took the video of the event and wrote lurid stories about Hamas mass paedophilia with headlines about ’450 child brides’, and endless copy about how disgusting this was, how it showed how depraved Islam is, et al, ad infinitum. Site after site jumped on the story, linking from one totally wrong load of rubbish to the next. I’ll give credit to http://tundratabloid..com/ who at least took down the video, but most sites just ploughed on regardless.

So which sites are these, and what have the various reactions been? http://barthsnotes./2009/08/06/gaza-wedding-report-provokes-paedo-hysteria/ gives us a hint,

The many websites that picked this up have responded in various ways: some issuing corrections, some quickly deleting their postings, and some insisting that it’s all true and that Marshall is trying to cover up the fact: “Why”, demands one site http://sheikyermami.com/2009/08/06/why-would-tim-marshall-defend-the-gaza-pedophiles/ “would Tim Marshall defend the Gaza pedophiles?” One of the sites that decided to scrub was Robert Spencer’s Jihad Watch, which is worth noting as Spencer claims some sort of academic expertise on Islam.

Where does this collective hallucination and fixation on fiction originate from? The simple, straight forward answer is that it comes from the collective hysterical hatred shared by those who despise Islam and Muslims. It is a manifestation of Islamophobia, “ie. an irrational fear of Islam.” It springs from the idea that Islam is evil, inherently backwards, oppressive to women. The talking point goes, “Muhammad was a pedophile who married 9 year old A’isha and these vile Mooslims must be doing it now on this massive scale!” George Readings puts this into some context in a recent post on The Spitoons (via Bartholemew),

The “argument” goes that Muslims believe Muhammad to be a perfect model for behaviour and therefore the fact of Muhammad’s marriage to A’isha somehow proves Islam to be a depraved religion…This attempt to aggressively apply a modern British definition of paedophilia to seventh century Arabia strikes me as a sign of severe anthropological illiteracy…

…Marriage to a pre-pubescant child with whom consummation occurs upon reaching puberty is not a model most people would be happy with in the modern world (although Bolivia sets the age of consent at puberty).

Which is probably why nearly all Muslim countries have reformed these rules beyond recognition. The age of consent in Algeria and Malaysia is 16, in Indonesia it is 19 for males and 16 for females. In Egypt it’s 18 for both and Tunisia 20. Reform has not, however, come to Saudi Arabia. Back in April the world followed the case of a mother trying to obtain a divorce for her eight-year-old daughter who had been married off by her father to a friend he owed a debt. In the end she succeeded and now there is even talk of Saudi Arabia preventing marriage before the age of 18.

Poor Tim Marshall scoured the net in an attempt to let the Islamophobes know that they had gotten it wrong but what was the result?

I spent a few hours visiting websites and leaving comments where I could. To little avail. Instead I received a steady stream of vitriol. The best response was on a site run by a Debbie Schlussel . The guy who posted it said he wasn’t interested in the detail. The detail being the fact that the girls weren’t the brides.

It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it re-inforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do. But Hamas, and the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up about them. Most of the stuff I read was outright, unthinking, gleeful, Islamophobia from people who clearly knew nothing about Arab popular culture. It’s as is they really beleive that because there are examples of child brides, it means all weddings are with child brides.

Debbie Schlussel is not new to LoonWatch readers, her doozy looniness is par for the course, so Tim shouldn’t worry, but he hit the nail on the head when he wrote, “It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it re-inforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do.” This is exactly the case — loaded with a bagful of prejudice and preconceived notions the Islamophobes took the wedding to be an affirmation of their pre-set conjectures.

When they were presented with the fact that they had stupendously erred some corrected themselves while others went into denial. It almost reminds you of some Biblical literalists who believe the world is 6,000 years old, you can present them with all the overwhelming evidence that point to the fact that the world is many millions of times older but they will stubbornly hold on to their literal interepretation of the Bible. This is not much different, and serves as a sweeping manifestation of the kind of irrationality that ignorance coupled with hate can produce.

and even here on NL we have seen this story being posted!

3 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by chakula: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hmnnn
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2013
kwenu: A Muslim man in Egypt killed his wife because she was reading the Bible and then buried her with their infant baby and an 8-year old daughter. The girls were buried alive! He then reported to the police that an uncle killed the kids. 15 days later, another family member died. When they went to
bury him, they found the 2 little girls under the sand -ALIVE! The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed.. The older girl was asked how she had survived and she says:-'A man wearing shiny white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, came every day to feed us. He woke up my mom so she could nurse my sister,' she said. She was interviewed on Egyptian national TV, by availed Muslim woman news anchor. She said on publicTV, 'This was none other than Jesus, because no body else does things like this!' Muslims believe Isa (Jesus) would do this, but the wounds mean He really was crucified, and it's clear also that He is alive! But, it's also clear that the child could not make up a story like this, and there is no way these children could have survived with out a true miracle. Muslim leaders are going to have a hard time to figure out what to do with this, and the popularity of the Passion movie doesn't help! With Egypt at the centre of the media and education in the Middle East , you can be sure this story will spread. Christ is still turning the world upside down!
Please let this story be shared. The Lord says, 'I will bless the person who puts his trust in me.' Jeremiah 17 Please forward to all on your list and God
will reward you abundantly!! Mark 8:38 which says, 'There fore who so ever shall be ashamed of Me and my Words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man shall also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels'. Don't worry if thoseyou have forwarded will respond or do any thing with this message, just fulfil your part and shake off your dust!.......Jes us loves you! {{Note:-Iam not responsible for this story.Whether it's true or false. if it is false,we are extremly sorry.i posted this by
thinking that it may change any one thoughts about God and community.}} Hit like/share if you are not ashame of
GOD & write "I love you JESUS" if you are
proud of him. https://www.nairaland.com/1156809/muslim-man-egypt-killed-wife#13754681

well every story has it Achilles' heel, the fact that this story was that its author doubt it authenticity but oput of reigious intoxication still peddled such stories:

Stalwert: Glurge: Muslim girls buried alive by their father are fed and comforted by Jesus until rescuers come for them.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, May 2004]

NEWS FROM EGYPT
A Muslim man in Egypt killed his wife and then buried her with their infant baby and 8-year old daughter. The girls were buried alive! He then reported to the police that an uncle killed the kids. 15 days later, another family member died. When they went to bury him, they found the little girls under the sand — ALIVE !! The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed. The older girl was asked how she had survived. "A man wearing shiny white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, came every day to feed us. He woke up my mom so she could nurse my sister," she said. She was interviewed on Egyptian national TV, by a veiled Muslim woman news anchor. She said on public TV, "This was none other than Jesus, because nobody else does things like this!" Muslims believe Isa (Jesus) would do this, but the wounds mean He really was crucified, and it's clear also that He is alive! But, it's also clear that the child could not make up a story like this, and there is no way these children could have survived without a true miracle. Muslim leaders are going to have a hard time to figure out what to do with this, and the popularity of the Passion movie doesn't help! With Egypt at the center of the media and education in the Middle East, you can be sure this story will spread. Christ is still turning the world upside down! Please let this story be shared here too. The Lord says, "I will bless
the person who puts his trust in me."
(Jeremiah17:7)

Variations: A December 2007 version added the information that the Muslim
man killed his wife "because she was reading the Bible."

Origins: We first encountered this story in April 2004 when it began to land in the snopes.com inbox. It has since come to us labeled "News from Egypt,"
"Miracle in Egypt," and "Murder Miracle in Egypt!"

The story, as appealing as it may be, appears to have nothing to it. Despite the tale's claim that "The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed," we found no news reports from Egypt about a man's murdering his wife and burying her along with his two still-alive daughters, let alone about the two little girls' being nurtured below ground by Jesus for 15
days before being rescued from their premature graves.

As to where the story came from, while a number of the forwards identify as the
writer of the e-mail a woman whose husband is a Christian pastor who runs a
Muslim outreach program in the U.S. (and therefore as the one both providing and vouching for the story), some of the earliest versions that bear her name led off with this now-elided paragraph:

I don't want to wait until our next newsletter to get this story out to you. It begins as a tragedy but ends as an incredible miracle. Victor received this by email a few days ago (5/20/04), and talked with family in Egypt to confirm the details that were given there on thenews. A careful reading of that preface provides the information that the putative author did not pen the written account now so often attributed to her — the piece was instead something her husband received from an unnamed source. As for confirming details with family in Egypt, we can only guess what
got asked and how it was answered. Barbara "miracle whipped" Mikkelson
http://www.snopes.com/glurge/buried.asp

Evangelicals telling lies to guide you to the "truth" seems to be the only way left for christianity to expand! Now that's a pity! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
Cucumber “fatwa” seems to be only shoddy reporting

by Sheila Musaji

There was supposedly a fatwa written which would deserve ridicule if it exists. The original article about this was posted on Bikyamasr, an Egyptian news site, and the article was written by an individual named Manar Ammar. Manar Ammar is identified as a Senior Reporter and Women’s Editor for Bikyamasr.com.

The article quotes an UNNAMED Islamic Cleric residing in Europe who “has banned women from touching bananas, cucumbers and other elongated fruit and vegetable due to their sexual resemblance” The Bikyamasr article refers to the source as “The unnamed sheikh, who was featured in an article on el-Senousa news”.

I tried searching for el-Senousa news, but got nowhere. There is no site for any such entity. I can find nothing about them searching the net except for hundreds of articles reposting the article from Bikyamasr which mentions el-Senousa as its source.

Muna Khan at al Arabiya reports the same problems I had in finding the actual source of this story, and says “According to the Canadian news site Straight.com, it’s been difficult to find the El-Senousa site on which Bikya Masr based its article on. A simple search of the website takes you to a list of articles on the story being quoted but not to the main site itself.” She points out that there have been enough of what I call “stupid fatwas” to make anything easy to believe, but, it is an irresponsible rush to judgement to just assume something is true and publish it without any fact checking.

I found the article from Straight here, and it says “That’s some pretty good flame-bait, but is it legit? According to the article in bikyamasr.com, the story originally appeared on something called “el-Senousa news”, but good luck finding it. In fact, a Google search for “el-Senousa news” only points back—many times over—to the article in bikyamasr.com. Between that and the somewhat intangible location and identity of the “unnamed sheikh” in the article, the tale of the vegetable-fearing Mullah is starting to look a little short on authenticity. What’s more likely is that the independent news service bikyamasr.com is reacting to the troubling emergence of the hard-line Salafi Al-Nou party in Egypt’s (reportedly fraud-ridden) election—a story that, sadly, isn’t so cockamamie.

This article was immediately picked up and posted with appropriate anti-Muslim comments by just about every site in the Islamophobic echo chamber.

Robert Spencer posted the “story” from Bikyamasr on Jihad Watch and included in his lede “It’s all about controlling women, like so many aspects of Islamic law. Sharia Alert from Eurabia”.

The always ladylike Pamela Geller posted this on Atlas Shrugs under the heading No cucumbers or bananas for you, slut! and included in the lede “Obama say, “Respect it!” Jay Leno’s wife Mavis say, “The Qur’an is more liberal with women than the Bible.” Geller say, “One banana split, please, and a side of cukes, with extra whipped creme, thankyouverymuch.”

Weazel Zippers simply posted the article with no lede, but the comments their readers posted in response are truly hateful. For example: — ALL of Islam is a plague, a disease of the mind and soul. — Folks there is going to be a war—-I mean a real war where winner takes all and these animals will gladly die for their cause so we better get ready to do the same…..and I don’t ever again want to hear the term moderate muslim….my reply to that is show me one—just one.

You get the idea about the response to this article, and that response is not to a particular unknown shaikh, but to all Muslims. Perhaps the author of the article and the Egyptian site that posted it are unaware that there is a problem with Islamophobia out there.

Why would anyone post an article about an unnamed person residing somewhere in one of the 47 countries of Europe who had supposedly issued a stupid fatwa without any corroborating evidence that this was even true. What is the point of raising this issue in such a thoughtless way? This is not a satirical article making fun of the stupidity involved in such a fatwa. This is not an article that provides concrete facts about the author of the fatwa, or that provides any counter arguments. There are no facts here that others could use to counter the fatwa, or to make a judgement about the author.

Whatever the reason that Bikyamasr had for posting this bit of unsubstantiated nonsense, the only effect it has had was to give the Islamophobes yet another item to use for years to come to bash Muslims. This article was not just irresponsible, it was as stupid as the supposed fatwa would be if it in fact exists.

I would like to see either a clarification of the article with actual information about the supposed fatwa and its supposed author (that can be verified), or an apology for engaging in reckless speculation and passing on of rumors.

It’s not as if we don’t have enough actual members of the Muslim lunatic fringe that need to be countered, that we need to make them up.

UPDATE 12/10/2011

I received an email from the Founder and Editor of Bikyamasr

Thank you for your email. I am Joseph Mayton, the Editor and Founder of Bikyamasr.com. I would like to bring your attention to the corrected version of the article, which now has the appropriate name of the publication where the information first appeared in Arabic, with a link.

We take full responsibility for this error and have stated so on the article. It is unfortunate that it has been taken out of context, but we feel that by talking about the anger it initially sparked was properly done. At the end, these places are going to take any little bit of information for their own purposes. It is sad.

I hope you will understand that we do our utmost to source anything from a third party, as any other news website would.

If you have any other questions, or would like to interview me, or our staff, please let us know.

Thank you very much for the email, Joseph

The article now lists the source of this “fatwa” as el-Sawsana news and the link takes you to a site that is only in Arabic. I don’t speak Arabic, so am unable to make out what the original article of this “news” item might have been.

I received a second email from Joseph Mayton asking me to check out a follow up article that they have now posted Cucumber sheikh “far from the truth,” says Egypt Islamic leader. This new article quotes Sheikh Gaber Taye’ Youssef, identified as “An Islamic scholar and chairman at Egypt’s Religious Endowments Ministry said this sheikh could not be more “far from the truth.” ... He expressed serious doubts that the sheikh sourced is even qualified for his position. “Nonesense and wrong, such talk is empty of any logic or sense and has no roots or relations with Islam or its belief system,” said Youssef when Bikyamasr.com interviewed him over the phone early on Saturday.

Sheikh Youssef’s opinion is exactly what any mainstream Muslim already knew.

I am glad that Bikyamasr has made the correction and published this follow-up article. However, I believe that republishing this information from el-Sawsana or any source without information on the scholar who issued the fatwa was still irresponsible. I can’t find any information in English about el-Sawsana, the original source of this, so have no idea about their motivation or even their respectability as a source of information.

Update 12/13/2011

Joseph Mayton, the editor of BikyaMasr has just published the following update on this incident

The past week has seen unprecedented scrutiny of our work here at Bikyamasr.com. The responses, comments and emails we have received over the article, “Islamic cleric bans women from touching cucumbers, bananas for sexual resemblance,” have been numerous. As a young news organization striving to report the news in the most honest, straightforward and timely manner possible, we are concerned over the manner of both our reporting on this issue and the way our article was used by a number of global organizations to promote their own partisan agendas.

Looking back, it was my own editorial oversight that failed in allowing this story to be published. Editorially, it was my duty to not publish this story before we could gather independent verification about the details behind the original Arabic article from Assawsana.com, the article that we referenced in writing our piece. Furthermore, I originally and mistakenly quoted Assawsana.com as “El-Senousa.com,” only furthering the confusion and mistakes involved in this report.

As Editor of Bikyamasr.com, I am disappointed that I did not catch and hold this piece. The “Islamic cleric bans women from touching cucumbers, bananas for sexual resemblance,” article should not have run when it did. Arguably, it should not have been run at all. We should not have published about an “unnamed sheikh” in an unnamed European country unless we were able to garner more information on the issue, both on the sheikh himself and the news website the information was gathered from, independently.

We realize that as a growing news organization with a growing reputation and readership, we have an increased responsibility to not only verify our own material at the highest levels, but further investigate the quotes and articles of other news organizations before referencing their work.

This is our error. We apologize for the poor judgment on the matter. It is inexcusable. While the exact quote reported by Assawsana.com may well have been exactly what it was reported to be by that website, without a name and location behind this person and comment, it is difficult to find the information credible.

We recognize our pitfalls and their repercussions. The fact that this story was quoted by a large number of news organizations across the globe shows that our error in judgment can have serious, detrimental effects. For this, we would like to apologize to our readers for the inadequate editorial judgment I, as Editor and Founder, made in this instance.

This said, we will learn from our mistakes, as larger and more established news organizations have learned and continue to learn from theirs. Journalism has a steep learning curve, and as a news organization grows, the costs of learning become more difficult to bear. The repercussions of our lessons learned are becoming more serious and are imposing a higher cost on our readers.

The reality, in this circumstance, is that we should not have sourced a piece published by a small website based on such limited, unverifiable information. We accept responsibility for doing so and are working to correct the aspects of our organizational culture which allowed this mistake to occur.

We view this mistake as a significant learning opportunity for us; a chance to grow and improve the work we do here at Bikyamasr.com. As such, and as part of a greater expansion plan we have been developing for the past few months, we are working hard to expand our operations and bring a number of new, experienced editors and writers to our small editorial team. Despite this mistake, we will continue to maintain our independence and provide the best and most credible news possible to our readers.

Reporting in a fair and accurate manner on Islam is a difficult process, and one that Bikyamasr.com takes very seriously. We will continue to push for more information on this story, from Assawsana.com and other sources, in order to interrogate the accuracy of their original article. If we cannot uncover more information, then we take it as our duty to make this clear and do everything in our power to spread that revelation to those who have sourced and quoted us this past week.

At the end of the day, we employed poor judgment on this article, for which we apologize. We are working to correct our mistake and guarantee that the potential validity or invalidity of this story is quickly verified. We apologize to our readers for letting them down, and will strive to assure them with our future work that we are making fundamental, institutional changes to assure that mistakes like this do not happen again.

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/cucumber-fatwa
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by deols(f): 6:41am On Apr 12, 2013
OMG! I saw that of the child brides. May Allah forgive me for I may have said something bad.

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2013
I usually don't comment on such stories. Most muslims do not know that there is a multi million dollar industry led by missionaries to spread lies against Islam. They have so much money and unfortunately most of the ummah is sleeping while shaytan is working overtime.

Most people are fed so much anti Islam propaganda.The easiest way to become a millionaire is to write an anti Islam book. Any other faith would have been destroyed with the kinds of lies they peddle but Allah will perfect His light whether muslims are sleeping or wake up to their responsibility.

22 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by sino(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2013
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by sino(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2013
This is an eye opener, Muslims need to wake up. There is this massive scheme to tarnish the image of Islam and Muslims all around the world, unfortunately, some Muslims are being used.

They are just employing what the kufaars of old had done, spreading lies and deceit about Islam. History does repeats itself.

The bigwigs behinde this hocus-pocus know what they are doing and their goal is quite clear(and i must add that the shaitan is at the helm of their affairs), it seems they are gradually achieving their aims though, now some Muslims feel ashamed and apologetic about their deen, you hear such things like Islam is archaic, it needs reformation(Subhanallah!)

Well, i do pity the NL bandwagon of #teampaintIslambad, perhaps they do not know, perhaps they do anyways, thier case is pathetic, cos if they don't know, they do have the opportunity to rid themselves of their ignorance but they wouldn't, and if they do know, then they are just plain evil there is no other explanation for it.

"...They plot and they plan, and Allah too Plans but the best of planners is Allah" (Q8:30).

Jazakumullahu khayran vedaxcool for bringing this up, and i think this thread should make front page.

7 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
^
amin thanks

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by sino(m): 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
you welcome, looking forward to more revelations...
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2013
"Recent Miracle in Egypt"

Subject: Miracle in Egypt

Do you believe with God, all things are possible?

A Muslim man in Egypt killed his wife because she was reading the Bible and then buried her with their infant baby and an 8-year old daughter. The girls were buried alive! He then reported to the police that an uncle killed the kids. 15 days later, another family member died.

When they went to bury him, they found the 2 little girls under the sand – ALIVE! The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed.

The older girl was asked how she had survived and she says:- ‘A man wearing shiny white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, came every day to feed us. He woke up my mom so she could nurse my sister,’she said.

She was interviewed on Egyptian national TV, by a veiled Muslim woman news anchor. She said on public TV, ‘This was none other than Jesus, because nobody else does things like this!’

Muslims believe Isa (Jesus) would do this, but the wounds mean He really was crucified, and it’s clear also that He is alive! But, it’s also clear that the child could not make up a story like this, and there is no way these children could have survived without a true miracle.

Muslim leaders are going to have a hard time to figure out what to do with this, and the popularity of the “Passion of the Christ”movie doesn’t help! With Egypt at the centre of the media and education in the Middle East ,you can be sure this story will spread.

Christ is still controlling and turning the world. Please let this story be shared..The Lord says, ‘I will bless the person who puts his trust in me.(Jeremiah 17)

Please forward to all on your list and God will reward you abundantly.. ..spread the Good News!Read only if you have time for God.

Let me tell you, make sure you read all the way to the bottom. I almost deleted this email but I was blessed when I got to the end God,when I received this e-mail, I thought…
I don’t have time for this… And, this is really inappropriate during work. Then, I realized that this kind of thinking is…. Exactly,what has caused lot of the problems in our world today.

We try to keep God in church on Sunday morning…Maybe, Sunday night… And, the unlikely event of a midweek service.We do like to have Him around during sickness….

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/egypt-murder-miracle.shtml

Detailed Analysis
This widely circulated email relates the story of two little Egyptian girls who survived 15 days buried alive due to the intervention of a supernatural saviour with white clothes and bleeding hands who is later identified by rescuers as none other than Jesus Himself.

There is no credible evidence whatsoever to support an email story claiming that two young girls survived for fifteen days buried alive because Jesus visited them in the grave every day and fed them.
As well as circulating via email, the piece has also been posted to innumerable religious forums and blogs where it has generated substantial and often heated debate.

According to the story, a Muslim man in Egypt murdered his wife and then buried her along with his still living daughters, one 8 years old, the other still an infant. However, Jesus came to the children every day, feeding the eight year old and "waking" the dead mother so that she could nurse the baby. It was not until the children were discovered alive and rescued from their premature grave 15 days after being buried that the miraculous experience came to be told. Or so this wildly fanciful tale would have us believe.

Not surprisingly, there is not a single shred of evidence to support the story. I could find no credible news reports about such a miraculous rescue, nor any information about an Egyptian man who murdered his wife and buried his children alive. Naturally, if true, such an amazing event would have certainly garnered a great deal of media attention, not only in Egypt, but around the world. And a miracle like the one described would also have been thoroughly investigated by both Muslim and Christian organizations. The total absence of any credible confirmation of the story along with the absurdity of the claims mean that the story is surely a work of pure fiction.

Even if entirely fictional, religious parables have their place and can serve to strengthen the faith of believers and effectively illustrate a particular worldview. However, rather than being a parable designed to reinforce a Christian ideal, this particular piece of nonsense seems more intent on denigrating and undermining the Muslim faith. In a world troubled by faith-based violence and misunderstanding, false stories such as this can only add to existing divisions and circulating them will serve no good purpose.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/egyptian-miracle.htm

As with many contrived stories, this one has no names and details about when or where the alleged story took place. In other words, there aren't enough facts to allow confirming the story if it were true.

Some versions of this email claim it is an excerpt from an Egyptian newspaper but that the name of the paper is "being kept confidential."

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by BetaThings: 9:25am On Apr 14, 2013
You will hear people declare
I cannot worship a God who cannot fight for himself
But they are lying on His behalf and have been fighting for Him for ages anyway

4 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tunde1200(m): 5:08am On Apr 15, 2013
Thank GOD I'm a muslim...
And thanks to you poster for this eye opener...
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by SlyIg(f): 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
I don't make comments in this section o ...
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by omoredia: 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
you muslims should pls mind ur business never ever mention Christian in islam section abeg!

8 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by miqos02(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
why is this on frontpage
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Burger01(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
Smh.. All in a bid to 'facade' Islam as a religion of peace.. Everywhere in the world there is muslim there is wahala.

miqos02: why is this on frontpage

Just can't stop wondering. Btw, it's just a desperate move to paint Islam what it is not..religion of peace.

8 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by theripper2: 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
What diffuse nonsense is dis.? By the way, the Boston bombers are Muslims.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. / Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.