Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos (16317 Views)

Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by ITbomb(m): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2013
I was laughing as I read the story but when I reached here
The lieutenant pleaded with the policemen, but they refused to listen.
I was rolling over with laughter and couldn't continue again.
Wey u see soldier dey plead with police?

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2013
Why can't the Nigerian Police and Nigerian Navy just allow their respective football teams to schedule an unfriendly cup match to settle this matter, just as is done in more civilized countries like Zimbabwe?

2 Likes

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2013
erniok: na for naija where security personnel go dey fight each other instead of protecting and serving.
See me o my brother or sister eh. People the whole nation is looking unto ,are the once disgracing us.For many times nw Navy hv been aresting smagular in d sea and hand them over to Police for prosecution,but police always take bribe and let d matter go just like that.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by akoraye(m): 11:36am On Jan 28, 2013
Same here!
gramci: I like the version of the naval spokesperson grin
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 11:38am On Jan 28, 2013
[size=18pt]INDISCIPLINE.

LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW IN NIGERIA.[/size]
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by idrisolaide(m): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2013
Shey na Nigerian Police be the only FORCE wey exist ni, Na dem dey always be the cause of problems here and there.. I know Navy too get their take oo, but its rare.

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by ocelot2006(m): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2013
Those cops are truly stupid. Haven't they heard of the term espirit de corps? They should've released those ratings and their bike with a warning.

As for the navy, I'm totally dissapointed with them. It's so obvious that the naval spokesman's statement is a total lie cos no cop will be so stupid to open fire on militarymen. And I know they were itching for payback, but attacking another police checkpoint is just wrong.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Cruxxy(m): 11:44am On Jan 28, 2013
Goodluck! Goodluck!! Goodluck!!! Why now?
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2013
Yet, some nincompoops would come here to tell us how 'professional' and 'disciplined' the Nigerian Armed Forces are! These fools are worse than thugs in uniform. Imagine destroying an APC bought with tax payers' money? What sort of uncontrollable beasts do we recruit into our military? Smh. Nigeria is a pathetic joke.

3 Likes

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by maclatunji: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Conan the Barbarian must be very proud of these guys... destroying property and harming others is the only way issues can be resolved when two government officials wielding weapons are in conflict.

We need effective leadership in this country before we destroy it with wanton mediocrity in virtually every area of life. #Sickening

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by kalunomics(m): 11:50am On Jan 28, 2013
comments i get here are very disappointing for such a disgraceful act. Please lets reason like educated people. Makes me Feels like NL is filled up with bunch of sec sch children

2 Likes

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by sylve11: 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
Abeg make i smile. grin grin cool
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by coolgb(m): 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
It was a power tussle but I still want to believe that of all the security forces in nigeria the NPF is still the worst in terms of discipline, just two weeks back a dpo of a station in ibadan who was driving in mufti was arrested for using phone while driving by road safety officers and this policeman had to call on teams from his station to come and arrest the road safety officer and they were locked up in the cell including a female officer so when I saw this topic I also want to believe power pass power chikena
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by born2boink(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
kalunomics: comments i get here are very disappointing for such a disgraceful act. Please lets reason like educated people. Makes me Feels like NL is filled up with bunch of sec sch children
Mr. Educationalist, Nairaland is for 9ja people and expect different characters. it is not my force you login everyday if you don't feel comfortable with what you get in there, address issue with common sense and not pointing to others with belittle sense. You post your contribution and move to next thread,Simple as ABC and if you have nothing to offer then keep quiet. Shikenah!!!! Don't talk shit here

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by vislabraye(m): 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
Its sad. I some how wish it was LASTMA they dealt with. The police shd be careful next time when reprimanding a soldier especially when they're close to their base.
Avoid any soldier near Apapa cos its close to naval base; VI is evenworse cos you have Bonney camp and Airforce base.
May God help us.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by deletrue: 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
valicious1: The naval spokesperson is a born hardened LIAR. The Nigerian navy I know would NEVER Plead with any policeman on earth in situations like this. He s just twisting the story to generate public sentiments on their favour.
Bros. I completely agree you. Which kind of non sense be that? Why must they drive against traffic? Am sure our able fashola must hear this high degree of indesciple and martial those navy liars. If one is closing from duty means a yard stick to drive against traffic?
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2013

Liar(Police) + liar(navy) = Liar! Liar!
Abeg show police say nor be only their spokesperson sabi lie.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
coolgb: It was a power tussle but I still want to believe that of all the security forces in nigeria the NPF is still the worst in terms of discipline, just two weeks back a dpo of a station in ibadan who was driving in mufti was arrested for using phone while driving by road safety officers and this policeman had to call on teams from his station to come and arrest the road safety officer and they were locked up in the cell including a female officer so when I saw this topic I also want to believe power pass power chikena

Those FRSC peolpe na mumu. I know FRSC has zero tolerance for stuff like that. They would have taken the case up with Abuja and that DPO is sure to go. I have seen it happen several times even with the army.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Symphony007: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
lynpetra:

You mean a democratic system where civilians can strip and burn fellow civilian to death and the police will volunteer the lighterDemocracy my soft black nyash!!!!
your premise is quite correct because i'm not denying our police have problems but they remain the police and the military remain the military, everyone need to know their duties. Plus the grotesque nature of your closing comment might have scared me. I'm gonna bleach my brain now!!!
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Oluabayomi1(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is one of the reasons why our security agencies can't combat d security threat facing d nation once n for all.
What a shameful event thr due to lack of proper moral discipline.
Am just too Sad!

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by bendazum: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
You must be kidding me.Lives were lost and you are talking trash.Rubbish.Only an i.diot will believe the naval version as it sounds childish.When will forcemen grow up in Nigeria
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Oluabayomi1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote
author=kalunomics]comments i get here are very disappointing for such a
disgraceful act. Please lets reason like educated people. Makes me
Feels like NL is filled up with bunch of sec sch children [/quote]
I reasoned along wt u broda coz it's totally embarrassing.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Afolabs101: 2:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

And these are the same useless security forces that are paid with taxpayers' money to protect Nigerians? No wonder boko haram is having a nice time in Northern Nigeria bombing everywhere because of the laxity of Nigeria security forces.

And this is the face of our military, the people who are charged with the task of defending our nation and who are supposed to uphold the highest levels of discipline. If this is how they treat the rest of us (in this case the police) with such disdain, how are they expected to fight for us??

These people are just bully's, people who pick on those they think they are stronger than. Police, military, customs area boys etc are all just armed gangs. They do what they want, extort and fight to show they are harder.

And this just goes to show how the police are pussies (excuse my language)!! You're in an ARMOURED Personnel Carrier (emphasis on armoured) and your running away When soldiers burned down the police HQ in surulere police did nothing, when they killed a whole DPO and his deputy (and many other policemen) in cold blood last year they did nothing.

Again, after the Navy has damaged their vehicles and assaulted their personnel, for doing their job, the police will do nothing. Actually, they may set up a committee but that's about it.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Hearme(m): 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
Police men should respect themselves. If it was a police man on that same road with his bike.
They would not attempt an arrest. This days they enjoy when military men are pleading with
them.I think their superiors should instruct them on dealing with military personnel, paramilitary and even the civilian
populace.

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Otono77: 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
Stalk sign of a failed Republic. Lawlessness from the supposed custodians of law and order. Need I repeat myself, Nigeria is a failed Republic, abysmal failure at that. Education, health, security, social services, judiciary...
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by gramci: 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
bendazum: You must be kidding me.Lives were lost and you are talking trash.Rubbish.Only an i.diot will believe the naval version as it sounds childish.When will forcemen grow up in Nigeria

See o, what's my business if Navy and Police men decides to waste bullets purchased with tax payers money on themselves?
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Yusful(m): 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nigeria police are just bunched of monkeys,they are good in turning black to white and They enjoy harassing innocent people. If na Boko Haram boys now dem go run hide. Naval boys pls let's teach them more lesson
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by dnawah(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
mosho2good: I which I could be d refree of d fight
but remember say d bullet way them go write ur name go dey o!
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
Fellow Nigerians,
It is true that we always boast about our military, claiming they are professional in acts and conduct. However, the recurring behaviour of our Naval personnel attached to the Lagos bases is now unbecoming of any professionally trained military officer.

In any case, Nigeria today operates in a democracy , though not fully the kind of democracy we all desire, it is therefore now more important than ever that Nigeria military are taught the lessons ment for any citizen of a democratic state that violently takes the law into her hands.

It is my humble view that the Naval ratings who engaged in the wanton destruction of properties of the state be made to face the full wrath of the law and if as a result of their conduct any life was lost, a death penalty or life imprisonment be full administered to these Naval ratings.

The commandant of the base where these ratings are based should be demoted and redeployed on training!

1 Like

Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
Olu abayomi :
This is one of the reasons why our security agencies can't combat d security threat facing d nation once n for all.
What a shameful event thr due to lack of proper moral discipline.
Am just too Sad!

Nigeria is no longer safe to live a civilized life and not safe to raise your children.

There is total break down of law and order anytime and anywhere and no prosecution in most cases.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
ocelot2006: Those cops are truly stupid. Haven't they heard of the term espirit de corps? They should've released those ratings and their bike with a warning.

As for the navy, I'm totally dissapointed with them. It's so obvious that the naval spokesman's statement is a total lie cos no cop will be so stupid to open fire on militarymen. And I know they were itching for payback, but attacking another police checkpoint is just wrong.

^^^^Esprit de corps or not, the law is the law (assuming the newsreport is indeed true). There is nothing special about Nigerian naval ratings. Or airmen. Or soldiers. Nothing whatsoever.

This sense of entitlement your "brothers in arms" all seem to have WILL be rooted out. It will take time but it WILL happen.

Nigeria (as broken and troubled as she is) owes the military nothing.

Brasshats will have to queue up and obey the rules like everyone else. Newsreports like these (and there are many) prove that far too many Nigerian soldiers/ratings/airmen are a disgrace to the uniform.

The hallmark of the military in other climes is discipline. Cast-iron discipline, in and out of the uniform. Somehow, Nigeria's brasshats forgot to include this in the curriculum.

Men without honour.
Re: Police, Naval Men Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
VolvoS60:
The hallmark of the military in other climes is discipline. Cast-iron discipline, in and out of the uniform. Somehow, Nigeria's brasshats forgot to include this in the curriculum.

Men without honour.
You can say that again bro. In saner climes, even if an unarmed civilian (not to mention policeman) deliberately provokes a military officer to the point of assault, the officer often responds with almost robotic or stoic self-control. The sort of stoicism that an adult expresses when a little child hits him or her on the wrist. The idea behind this kind of discipline is that power is nothing without control.

The fact that soldiers receive superior training and arms than the rest of the populace does not grant them licence to run over or bully everyone else. They are trained and armed (with public funds) to PROTECT and DEFEND the country and its citizens, not to bully the country's citizens - most of whom are civilians.

I have witnessed the brutality of Nigerian armed forces on numerous occasions - all against completely harmless and unarmed citvilians, and all because of petty misunderstandings. I have also heard about countless episodes where they attack and kill policemen for doing their jobs. It is therefore IMPOSSIBLE for me to regard members of the Nigerian Armed Forces as people to be proud of. They are all inglorious brutes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi / Sosoberekon: If Not For Wike, PDP Would Have Been Dead And Gone / Tambuwal Seeks America's Help In Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.