Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa (17064 Views)

Talented Man Builds Car And Engines With Scrap Materials (photos) / 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash / Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by OmerianConsult: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2013
BedLam: Lord of mercy! is this made in Nigeria? magnificent! I think its time we the individuals start helping ourselves, someone could partner with this guy since he has the talent, someone with cash I mean. buenos dias!

The only sensible comment so far!

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Debra007: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Dats great
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Abbott(m): 9:49am On Jan 28, 2013
He is not unemployed O! He works with an oil servicing company and spend his free time or non-work hours on his personal project.

Read before making comments.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by swtcharissa(f): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

NOW ANSWER THIS QUESTION YOU DUMP HEAD. WHERE DID HE GET THE WHEREWITHAL TO PUT TOGETHER THIS CRAFT IF NOT PARTS OF ANOTHER CRAFT? ITS MORE OF AN ASSEMBLE CRAFT RATHER THAN BUILT FROM SCRATCH CRAFT. OR DO YOU THINK THE SCHEMATICS OF BUILDING AN AIRCRAFT IS SUCH THAT A SIMPLE PANEL BEATER CAN DO? WHAT INSTITUTION CERTIFIED HIM AS AN AIRCRAFT ENGINEER? NOW LET ME ASK YOU THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, WOULD YOU FLY IN THIS THING IF YOU WERE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO?PUERILE BEING.
rome was not built in a day

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by cyril83(m): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2013
Lack of knowledge doing nothing than corruption leaders in Nigeria would not see anything to help this man than bringing him down.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Sicozone(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2013
Abeg no fly am,stil put ham 4 ya backyard,cos na suicide i see o.....if DANA air could crash then he's still got a lot to do....
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by OmerianConsult: 9:55am On Jan 28, 2013
Nigerians will never support each other in doing good! See caustic comments n destructive criticisms!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Tpave(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff: HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN....
which one have you produced? Why that silly statement. Somebody that is not even educated made this effort while thousands that are graduates are sitting down and folding their arm waiting for the government and miracles. You better close that gutter that you call mouth make we see road pass. Mumu and ode at the same time. grin
redcliff: HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN....
which one have you produced? Why that silly statement. Somebody that is not even educated made this effort while thousands that are graduates are sitting down and folding their arm waiting for the government and miracles. You better close that gutter that you call mouth make we see road pass. Mumu and ode at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by boron10(m): 10:01am On Jan 28, 2013
I saw this on Channels news this morning. I believe what this man needs is support. For the plane to have moved means he actually knows what he's doing.

But I dare not fly on the plane sha o grin
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by OkparaIgbo: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2013
This is wonderful to see. Congratulations to whomever built the craft as this was my dream project when I was a lot younger but lack of enough support, much technical know how and destructive comments like the many ones above meant that I left the project. But I'm glad a young brain has achieved this and for those asking stupid questions, get it into your head that he has scaled most of the issue in craft design by putting in all the ailerons and movable surfaces on the wing for banking. I'm sure with a good engine and propeller fans in the right direction, that plane will fly and with a lil more innovation it will land too. Kudos bro
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by FUCKU: 10:04am On Jan 28, 2013
dopeJemi: nice, buh he shudnt fink of flying it oh

If not breeze go just bLow d thing troway or bLow ​A♏ enter North(boko haram camp) dat tym he go say destiny dey change
grin grin

hahahahahahahaha.. My stomach ooo..hahahahahahahaha

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 28, 2013
Rubbish he should invent something and not building a toy

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 28, 2013
You don't just weild iron up in the shape of an helicopter and say you've done something!
This is a big waste of time if you ask me, only if he knows what it takes to make an aircraft can credit be given him for making an aircraft(one that actually flies)
I can make a box out of a carton, but that doesn't mean I've made a T.V.
He should learn the basic principles of an aircraft first, then he can try again, this time he shld make it fly.
On the positive note, he has the drive and initiative to do this, definitely he can achieve the impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by HAH: 10:05am On Jan 28, 2013
swtcharissa: ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ a BIG fool,where is d biro ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ constructed,am sure if this person is ur brother ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will find a way of frustrating him.... ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ won't make urself useful yet ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will destroy anothers effort...if it someone in US dat did dis, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will b first T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ abuse Nigeria,dat notin constructive or innovative eva comes our way....no let me slap ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊
you must be the biggest fool to call a toy that cannot fly an aircraft, on the issue of productivity just tell me anywhere you are in Nigeria then I will tell you my worth and you will see them physically, you think anybody that comes to nairaland is a job seeker. You must be a nonentity
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by cyril83(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2013
HAH: Please don't call this an aircraft because it is not flying. rather call it a toy or a wheel barrow cos any road side welder can construct that.
people like you shouldn't be allowed to grow among human being
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by kandiikane(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2013
The devil just has a grudge against Africans. Jesus must have been black. So much talent but nothing to show for it. Na wa. They could employ him and many like minded people so we too go dey build our own aircrafts instead of buying from germany or abi na china?
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by kandiikane(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2013
cyril83: people like you shouldn't be allowed to grow among human being

LOL grin
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by emandman: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2013
Good work. But enough of half-bake achievement like professor ibe's hiv cure,get a pilot to fly it first,then u can publish it...
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by HAH: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=cyril83]people like you shouldn't be allowed to grow among human being[/quote

Please tell me what I said that is wrong ?

Define an aircraft please ?

Define a toy ?

Then you will understand what I mean.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Kslib(m): 10:12am On Jan 28, 2013
Nice one,good job!!! Kudos to the man.. Na God go punish any goat wey come begin say "this is the 21st century,who needs this local plane".. Yes,this is the 21st century but we have to start from the basics before we can move to more advanced technologies.. We want to understand the working principles first before jumping..
Even if i see Nigerian man wey produce black and white tv locally,i go still praise am die cos e no easy.. We have limited resources,no government support,our universities technology wise are rubbish but still yet we still dey try to produce things..
God bless this man and may he increase his knowledge a thousand times... AMEN..
Computer engineering graduate no fit change laptop screen!!! Haba

2 Likes

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Paentera(m): 10:15am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

NOW ANSWER THIS QUESTION YOU DUMP HEAD. WHERE DID HE GET THE WHEREWITHAL TO PUT TOGETHER THIS CRAFT IF NOT PARTS OF ANOTHER CRAFT? ITS MORE OF AN ASSEMBLE CRAFT RATHER THAN BUILT FROM SCRATCH CRAFT. OR DO YOU THINK THE SCHEMATICS OF BUILDING AN AIRCRAFT IS SUCH THAT A SIMPLE PANEL BEATER CAN DO? WHAT INSTITUTION CERTIFIED HIM AS AN AIRCRAFT ENGINEER? NOW LET ME ASK YOU THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, WOULD YOU FLY IN THIS THING IF YOU WERE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO?PUERILE BEING.

Anuofia like you - when the Wright brothers were building and test flying their first crafts in the early 20th century, did they need certification to get their contraption off the ground? No! Stop being a dream killer. Make we hear word.

Kudos to this ingenious Nigerian who has made me proud of his effort. God bless him and others like him who DO rather than talk and have the PhD (Pull him/her down) syndrome. Shior

3 Likes

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by akatonero(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2013
e mandman: Good work. But enough of half-bake achievement like professor ibe's hiv cure,get a pilot to fly it first,then u can publish it...
Which pilot one die? They wnt even near the plane talkless of starting it grin grin grin
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2013
swtcharissa: rome was not built in a day

THE FIRST AIRCRAFT FLEW. I AM NOT TRYING TO PUMMEL HIM OR SOMETHING. HE DID A GREAT JOB. BUT THE PERTINENT QUESTION I WANT TO ASK IS WHEN WOULD IT FLY AND DOES HE HAVE THE QUALIFICATION(S) TO BUILD AN AIRCRAFT?
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2013
it is only in nigeria u will see a nigerian-made plane in the traffic gridlock (hold-up) trying to overtake a car
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 28, 2013
Teenage Money: Unemployment or underemployment need not keep anyone from fulfilling their dreams says a young man from Brass in Bayelsa state, who in homestead has built a light plane that he hopes will fly someday soon.

36 year old Ifiemi Felagha, works with an oil servicing firm but spent all his free time in the past eight years working on living his light plane dream and he’s seen it through by building a light plane, named Destiny.

According to the parent of this young man without tertiary education, has had a knack for putting things together since his childhood.

The aircraft is however yet to take-off because Ifiemi is not a trained Pilot. He is now consulting with aviation experts but for now, he keeps moving the aircraft on his make-shift runway.

36 years old 'young' man indeed!

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 10:25am On Jan 28, 2013
Paentera:

Anuofia like you - when the Wright brothers were building and test flying their first crafts in the early 20th century, did they need certification to get their contraption off the ground? No! Stop being a dream killer. Make we hear word.

Kudos to this ingenious Nigerian who has made me proud of his effort. God bless him and others like him who DO rather than talk and have the PhD (Pull him/her down) syndrome. Shior

SOME NAIRALANDERS ARE SO FUNNY. I AM LARKING AT YOU. THE WRIGHT BROTHERS HAD KNOWLEDGE OF PHYSICS AND AERODYANMICS. THEY HAD THEORIES AND MATHEMATICAL EXPERIMENTS WRITTEN ON PAPER AND IN THEIR BRAINS ON THE PHYSICS IT WOULD TAKE AN OBJECT TO FLOAT AND MOVE IN THIN AIR..DOES YOUR FRIEND HAVE ONE? ANUM-PANU.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Tunby(m): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2013
I'm not sure about the functionality of the aircraft but the guy sure has shown that he has great potentials.Thumbs up.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Kslib(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

THE FIRST AIRCRAFT FLEW. I AM NOT TRYING TO PUMMEL HIM OR SOMETHING. HE DID A GREAT JOB. BUT THE PERTINENT QUESTION I WANT TO ASK IS WHEN WOULD IT FLY AND DOES HE HAVE THE QUALIFICATION(S) TO BUILD AN AIRCRAFT?
Whic qualification again.. This is one of our problem.. Una too like paper qualification.. This not america.. Let the man finish his work and if tested and declared not fit for action,then fine.. But looking for qualification without allowing the person to show you his talent will never lead thsi country anywhere because most of the so-called qualified graduates only know how cram theories and notes written by a genius who didn't go to school in the first place..
The qualification we should be asking for in Nigeria should be how good a person's brain and creativity is...

6 Likes

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by ifihearam: 10:30am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

Why do I have the feelings that this guy is a WINCH

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Vuvaa: 10:30am On Jan 28, 2013
Nice 0ne
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 10:36am On Jan 28, 2013
Tpave: which one have you produced? Why that silly statement. Somebody that is not even educated made this effort while thousands that are graduates are sitting down and folding their arm waiting for the government and miracles. You better close that gutter that you call mouth make we see road pass. Mumu and ode at the same time. ;Dwhich one have you produced? Why that silly statement. Somebody that is not even educated made this effort while thousands that are graduates are sitting down and folding their arm waiting for the government and miracles. You better close that gutter that you call mouth make we see road pass. Mumu and ode at the same time.

LOOL. YOU ARE EQUALLY FUNNY MY BRO. ITS NOT EVERYBODY THAT WOULD BUILD AN YIACRAFT. IF NOT, THERE WOULD BE NO DOCTORS, NO GRAPHIC DESIGNERS, NO LAWYERS, NO TRADERS. HE HAS HIS JURISDICTION SO DO I. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU.TOUT
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 28, 2013
Kslib:
Whic qualification again.. This is one of our problem.. Una too like paper qualification.. This not america.. Let the man finish his work and if tested and declared not fit for action,then fine.. But looking for qualification without allowing the person to show you his talent will never lead thsi country anywhere because most of the so-called qualified graduates only know how cram theories and notes written by a genius who didn't go to school in the first place..
The qualification we should be asking for in Nigeria should be how good a person's brain and creativity is...

Thank you! Help me ask am whether Bill Gates of Microsoft or Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook get degree?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos) / Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.