Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,638 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa (17080 Views)

Talented Man Builds Car And Engines With Scrap Materials (photos) / 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash / Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by AjanleKoko: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
DIYTechnologies:

When you build something like this, you can re-post this. but before then, it is advisable you salt your post with some form of encouragement. Haba!

Nah, nah.
Come on now. Why would any serious person build this, and call it an invention?
This is not an invention oh.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
It may not fly - yet. But I must say it looks much, much better than the car put together by students. Note this in the write-up:

"A young man without tertiary education."

It makes his creation all the more impressive. I wish him all the best!

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Delightbaby(f): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nice one indeed. Keep it up.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by FXKing2012(m): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff: . so pls FU.C.K OFF you ibo trader..

ok wat is so wrong wt being an Igbo trader?
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by AjanleKoko: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Siena: It may not fly - yet. But I must say it looks much, much better than the car put together by students. Note this in the write-up:

"A young man without tertiary education."

It makes his creation all the more impressive. I wish him all the best!

Means he would function very well designing and building chasses for automotive vehicles.
Still doesn't make him an inventor.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Paentera(m): 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
FXKing2012:
ok wat is so wrong wt being an Igbo trader?

When people vent that way - you should ignore them. It is a sign of inferiority complex. If you read through his posts all day - he has what is called the PhD (Pull Him/Her Down) syndrome. When some people cannot lord it over you, the next line of action is to exert their most potent weapon - the PHD.

Please ignore the anum pam.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by ismhab(m): 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Where is Taraba state Governor? let him come nd test it, so that it can fly.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by dnawah(m): 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
methodman: ...No Sir...it walks grin tongue
no be walk,na cat walkgrin
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by samuelk(m): 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
ismhab: Where is Taraba state Governor? let him come nd test it, so that it can fly.

LMAOOOOO, post of the century
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by zonax(m): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

NOW ANSWER THIS QUESTION YOU DUMP HEAD. WHERE DID HE GET THE WHEREWITHAL TO PUT TOGETHER THIS CRAFT IF NOT PARTS OF ANOTHER CRAFT? ITS MORE OF AN ASSEMBLE CRAFT RATHER THAN BUILT FROM SCRATCH CRAFT. OR DO YOU THINK THE SCHEMATICS OF BUILDING AN AIRCRAFT IS SUCH THAT A SIMPLE PANEL BEATER CAN DO? WHAT INSTITUTION CERTIFIED HIM AS AN AIRCRAFT ENGINEER? NOW LET ME ASK YOU THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, WOULD YOU FLY IN THIS THING IF YOU WERE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO?PUERILE BEING.
Am too busy to trade words with your ilks. Now answer this question FOOL!! Did any of the Wright brother attend any school of aviation?
The OP said that the guy hasn't flown the aircraft and its not like he will just jump into airspace without the work been certified and declared air worthy by the right authorities. Like stated, he is still trying to make connections with the right authorities.
Instead of condemning another mans effort, why not sit your sorry ass down and think of a way to help the society.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by omanifrank(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
i cant help but laugh
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko: Means he would function very well designing and building chasses for automotive vehicles.
Still doesn't make him an inventor.

It's chassis, bro. wink

And I never classed him as an inventor. I merely said despite his lack of tertiary education, his creation looks heaps better than the car put together by students in a University background, who had more resources to draw upon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Does it fly?[/size]

u no read d write up be dat.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
Paentera:

When people vent that way - you should ignore them. It is a sign of inferiority complex. If you read through his posts all day - he has what is called the PhD (Pull Him/Her Down) syndrome. When some people cannot lord it over you, the next line of action is to exert their most potent weapon - the PHD.

Please ignore the anum pam.

Lol. What dyu know about complex? Shediot.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by AjanleKoko: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2013
Siena:

It's chassis, bro. wink

And I never classed him as an inventor. I merely said despite his lack of tertiary education, his creation looks heaps better than the car put together by students in a University background, who had more resources to draw upon. smiley

Thanks for the correction wink

Which car was that? The one done by students of Covenant university or one other private university?
Yeah that one was a right mess. embarassed
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Homebaked: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
An aircraft is meant to fly.If it is not,then it is not an aircraft. Why do we celebrate mediocrity so much in this country? About a century ago, the Wright brothers built a contraption from the scratch, it flew! Now we have schematics of different aircraft structure and engines littered in books and all over the internet. To copy intelligently now is a problem. Rather we are excited that some fella made a sculpture of an aircraft. Not long ago a rich boy from the north built a helicopter using a car engine. The craft couldn't even lift up an inch. There is thinking behind every good product. It doesn't seem Nigerians are ready to pick up such challenges yet.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by ylaa(f): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Lankaline: Nigeria,lol,,this type WONT fly,but if it does,it WON'T come down
IF NA OYIBO PIKIN BUILD AM, YOU FOR TALK LIKE DAT? Y CANT WE APPRECIATE AND ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER?
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by ylaa(f): 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
I BET THIS IS BETTER THAN WHAT DANA IS FLYING. MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW PAL.I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Kslib(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
Homebaked: An aircraft is meant to fly.If it is not,then it is not an aircraft. Why do we celebrate mediocrity so much in this country? About a century ago, the Wright brothers built a contraption from the scratch, it flew! Now we have schematics of different aircraft structure and engines littered in books and all over the internet. To copy intelligently now is a problem. Rather we are excited that some fella made a sculpture of an aircraft. Not long ago a rich boy from the north built a helicopter using a car engine. The craft couldn't even lift up an inch. There is thinking behind every good product. It doesn't seem Nigerians are ready to pick up such challenges yet.
I CANT HOLD IT ANYMORE!!!!!..
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
Homebaked: An aircraft is meant to fly.If it is not,then it is not an aircraft. Why do we celebrate mediocrity so much in this country? About a century ago, the Wright brothers built a contraption from the scratch, it flew! Now we have schematics of different aircraft structure and engines littered in books and all over the internet. To copy intelligently now is a problem. Rather we are excited that some fella made a sculpture of an aircraft. Not long ago a rich boy from the north built a helicopter using a car engine. The craft couldn't even lift up an inch. There is thinking behind every good product. It doesn't seem Nigerians are ready to pick up such challenges yet.

Pls hep may teh dem. Now some people here are asking me what I used my degree for. Some other is saying I have PhD.(Whatever that means). A panel beater can build the body of that thing these celebrants of mediocre call an achievement. Ask them even if the thing can fly. If they can be the first to go for a test flight. U'l see everybody deserting you like a plague befell you.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
zonax:
Am too busy to trade words with your ilks. Now answer this question FOOL!! Did any of the Wright brother attend any school of aviation?
The OP said that the guy hasn't flown the aircraft and its not like he will just jump into airspace without the work been certified and declared air worthy by the right authorities. Like stated, he is still trying to make connections with the right authorities.
Instead of condemning another mans effort, why not sit your sorry ass down and think of a way to help the society.

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 11:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
. = you are not worth my time and keystroke.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by lagosapple: 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
What makes an aircraft? It is not just piece of metal put together. If it hasn't flown it is not an aircraft.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Vires: 11:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
thats why this country is facing so much brain drain
with all this negative comments, the guy would end up in China, Russia or some foreign country, where he would be trained and start working in some big coy
Over here we continue to yap n yap n yap with nothing to show for
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Parnassuss(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2013
honeric01:

Can you help the guy achieve his dream? at least going to check out the plane to see if it's fit to fly, then together with him, both of you can test-fly it?

If I was in Nigeria maybe I would. Flying doesn't mean the plane would have to climb to 10,000 feet, even at a 100 feet it is still impressive
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Flygerian1(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2013
Good job, man!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by billyG(m): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2013
If that scrap cnt fly then it is a vehicle,i too can equaly desigh & built such frm gongoni & empty drums,we are planes all over let try 2 invent something diff. that has never been done b4.say YES we can!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2013
methodman: ...No Sir...it walks grin tongue
nairalanders! U r just too funny! Imagine d foolish questin he's askin!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 29, 2013
grin
billyG: If that scrap cnt fly then it is a vehicle,i too can equaly desigh & built such frm gongoni & empty drums,we are planes all over let try 2 invent something diff. that has never been done b4.say YES we can!
grin
billyG: If that scrap cnt fly then it is a vehicle,i too can equaly desigh & built such frm gongoni & empty drums,we are planes all over let try 2 invent something diff. that has never been done b4.say YES we can!
idiot! What has ur fada ever done for the gglory of this country? Yet u cricify pple. RealNigerian.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by sharpboyus(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2013
lagosapple: What makes an aircraft? It is not just piece of metal put together. If it hasn't flown it is not an aircraft.

Na roadcraft

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by dramendra: 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pls stop feeding us with dirty stuffs like this, this an assembled iron shits with keke napep engine, did he build the engine? another way to fraud nigerians, see the fool fooling him self riding a ready made assembled body, is the the latest of the beyelsa people to fight for funds?

http://m.naij.com/news/21367.html

http://www.thegistbook.com/photos-man-builds-light-aircraft-in-bayelsa/[/quote]
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by dramendra: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
its a moving iron, anyone can do it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Toyota Matrix A Very Good Car For Guys / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions / How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.