Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

I Need A Black Jesus - Poems For Review (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / I Need A Black Jesus (7331 Views)

What If I Am A Black Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by JynxDane: 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
U dont mock God.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Metallurgist: 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Xtain mocking god and jesus, god that created jesus and send him to the children of isreal made him a jew, not an african, so basically this god that has a tribe and is also a lion of juda and in his racist supremacist attitude never preach to a gentile or non jew even though black slaves, assarian, romans, samaritans,persians, arabs ar mixed in trade and many other places and sees no reason to bother the gentiles about salvation, now educated black xtain realizing the trick hav turn to a black jesus,
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by kalunomics(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Sure. Use the name of 'the lord your God'' ONLY in the way prescribed by Jews in their book. Damn your mind is enslaved. Meanwhile the same Jews are sterilizing blacks in their country to prevent more births.

An even greater question than what the op posted is WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING WORSHIPPING A ''JESUS'' IN THE FIRST PLACE??

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY TAKEN THE TIME TO RESEARCH THE EXISTENCE OR OTHERWISE OF THIS ALLEGED ''SAVIOUR'' AND ''GOD'S SON''?

HOW COME OUR ANCESTORS KNEW NOTHING ABOUT HIM FOR OVER 2000 YEARS AFTER HE ALLEGEDLY CAME TO THIS EARTH?

IT TOOK SHIPS OF SLAVE SEEKING LOOTERS FROM OVERSEAS TO FINALLY INFORM US OF THIS ALLEGED 2,000 YEAR OLD ARRIVAL OF NO LESS THAN THE ''ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD''??

I MEAN, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

AND WHY IS THERE NO AUTHENTIC RECORD OF THIS GUY OUTSIDE THE BIBLE?

How many of you ''christians'' have TRULY RESEARCHED FOR YOURSELF the actual existence or otherwise of 'Jesus'? I BET LESS THAN 0.1% OF AFRICAN CHRISTIANS HAVE EVER DONE SO.

A damning indictment of our gullibility as a people.

Thats what faith is bro and am a believer. I can only show you the way but i can't force you to believe . But do know this HELL AND HEAVEN IS REAL
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
kalunomics: Thats what faith is bro and am a believer. I can only show you the way but i can't force you to believe . But do know this HELL AND HEAVEN IS REAL

Heaven may be real, but hell is a figment of ancient Jewish imagination gone haywire. When will you be smart enough to realise that the creator of this universe does not have a ''burning furnace'' sitting somewhere in the cosmos waiting to torture you for eternity?

I mean, what kind of 'faith' or white juju could make you believe kindergaten nonsense like that?

And the very people who taught you this stuff - go to their countries. Their churches are empty on Sundays. Many have been converted to other uses. Except for the 'black churches' which are always filled Monday to Sunday.

The very people that taught you this stuff have long abandoned the charade, its observance holding no further use for their ruling classes as a tool of control, and hence, allowed to be exposed for the farcical stories they are.

But we in Africa? We still think a (white) man called Jesus literally flew up into heaven before onlookers after being raised from the dead by God, who is also the same Jesus.

I mean, whole populations of grown men and women go around with this and other crazy nonsense in their heads and you wonder why we have problems??

Islam? We have whole populations who think Africa is so irrelevant and stained that they must travel OUT OF IT in order to validate themselves with God, through their 'hajj'.

Why is IFE not our holy land?

How are IFE or AROCHUKWU inferior to Jerusalem or Mecca if it's not the inferiority we've placed on those indigenous religious centers by our own minds and beliefs? Our inheritance from slave raiders and colonialists?

When do we stand up and question everything we've been taught by them?

ONLY THEN CAN WE BE REAL MEN.

Right now, we're pitiful, dependent, thoughtless sheep.

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
jmoore:

ignorance is telling wisdom to shut up. smh . Jesus is God, he came down in human form to die for our sins

no he didnt. dont lie. because of his death, the world s sinning million times more. angry
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by FXKing2012(m): 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up. a man can never be a GOD.
You cannot separate God from Jesus or from the Holy Spirit
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Mamaflex(f): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
Red-Light:
so u are cool with the way africa is today? U dnt want another messaiah from withing black that will safe us 4rm the white and ourselves? Huh?
Red-Light:
so u are cool with d way africa is today? U dnt want another messaiah from withing black that will safe us 4rm the white and ourselves? Huh?
Red-Light:
so u are cool with the way africa is today? U dnt want another messaiah from withing black that will safe us 4rm the white and ourselves? Huh?
African is d problem of Africa.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 31, 2013
ochukoccna:
Here we go again
Another Christian jihadist on rampage
Mindsets like this caused the crusades Islamic jihadists are revenging for now
Mindsets like this which nutured supremacists are exactly what the writer is speaking against
Even Christ didnt slash&burn those not in sync with his gospel like you&your ilk crying more than the bereaved

LMAO
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 31, 2013
Metallurgist: Xtain mocking god and jesus, god that created jesus and send him to the children of isreal made him a jew, not an african, so basically this god that has a tribe and is also a lion of juda and in his racist supremacist attitude never preach to a gentile or non jew even though black slaves, assarian, romans, samaritans,persians, arabs ar mixed in trade and many other places and sees no reason to bother the gentiles about salvation, now educated black xtain realizing the trick hav turn to a black jesus,

Thank God you know Jesus himself was a Jew.
My advice to all Christians "worship the God Jesus Worshiped and not Jesus himself"

1 Like

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2013
FXKing2012:

Why? These are 3 different things
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by FXKing2012(m): 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
Shalek:

Why? These are 3 different things
You couldnt be more wrong sir.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by GooseBaba: 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
FXKing2012:
You couldnt be more wrong sir.
Bros! Explain na?
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
wondrful
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by FXKing2012(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
GooseBaba:
Bros! Explain na?
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Ishilove: 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
FXKing2012: Of course I expect the atheists and non-Christians to support such use of the name of our Lord and Saviour, what really beats me is when so-called Christian find nothing wrong in it and even go on to praise it as a great poetry.

The end is in deed near.
FX, please can you illustrate what you find so unpalatable in the poem?
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by FXKing2012(m): 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ishilove:
FX, please can you illustrate what you find so unpalatable in the poem?

Ishilove, if you cant see anything wrong with portions of the poem quoted below then I'm troubled. The author is telling you Jesus does not and never existed. . .that He's only a work of art; he's telling you Jesus is the cause of rift in the world. Now, if you dont think this is blasphemous and should be condemned in all ramifications then I'm disappointed.

Not the artistic creation
Brought to life
By micheal-angelo's brush
And the catholic pope

Not the one that has created rift
And torn my brothers apart
His name on the slave ship
And endorsed the apartheid

We need a black Jesus
To free us from this rot
Not the one packaged and sold to us
And shares birthday with the sun god
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by zinylizzy(f): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
musKeeto: Oh, black man, jesus Christ was racist.. When will y'all realise this?
ok, i'll describe u in one word; STUPID! I'm sure its not ur fault, its definitely ur fathers' for bringing a complete fool into d world! There's hope tho, Jesus alone can save u from ur condition.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by FXKing2012(m): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
zinylizzy: ok, i'll describe u in one word; STUPID! I'm sure its not ur fault, its definitely ur fathers' for bringing a complete fool into d world! There's hope tho, Jesus alone can save u from ur condition.
GBAM!
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
FXKing2012:

you can. jesus does not own God.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mamaflex: [b][/b] African is d problem of Africa.

orrection: Africans like YOU are he problem of Africa. with your backward xtian mentality. .

1 Like

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
Shalek:

Thank God you know Jesus himself was a Jew.
My advice to all Christians "worship the God Jesus Worshiped and not Jesus himself"

NO! they should worship the God their ancestor worshiped! angry

jesus worshipped the God of his own israeli people (yahweh)

1 Like

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by filiks(m): 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

NO! they should worship the God their ancestor worshiped! angry

jesus worshipped the God of his own israeli people (yahweh)
Hey punk, You sound like an Islamic bastard! Are you one?
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by afroxyz: 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
I have read comments arguing for and against the poem. Some arguments were based on critical analyses, most on sentiments. The question I ask everyone is did Jesus bring any religion? No. All religions are ways through which diffrent societies sought to communicate with the supernatural. Just as our languages are diffrent, so are our social experiences and reaction to these experiences based on our perceptions. God exists, but people communicate with him in diffrent ways. Religion like other social phenomena evolves. Again I pose another question: how would those that existed before the coming of Jesus be judged? God is bigger than the mental contraptions we are putting up. We are lockikng God behind the bars of religion and that way we can't feel his awesomeness. The poem is talking about adopting our own solutions since it is US that experience these peculiar problems. How come we were doing better before these foreign adoptions? Have they served us more profitably? Hence the third question: look around and tell me any society that developed on foreign culture and religion. I rest my cae. To those who feel that God is the exclusive right of their religion (which every religion claims), sorry. Its much bigger than you. Just as there are diffrent races, but we are all human beings, we mourn, celerbrate birth, have urge for sex and defecate et al, so are diffrent religions which have a common feature of L♥√, unity, brotherhood, prayer and fasting, killing of the ego or lesser self. Hence one God.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
filiks: Hey punk, You sound like an Islamic bastard! Are you one?

Hey monkey, cant you read my name? does that sound islamic to you?!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Black Jesus by filiks(m): 1:11am On Feb 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Heaven may be real, but hell is a figment of ancient Jewish imagination gone haywire. When will you be smart enough to realise that the creator of this universe does not have a ''burning furnace'' sitting somewhere in the cosmos waiting to torture you for eternity?

I mean, what kind of 'faith' or white juju could make you believe kindergaten nonsense like that?

And the very people who taught you this stuff - go to their countries. Their churches are empty on Sundays. Many have been converted to other uses. Except for the 'black churches' which are always filled Monday to Sunday.

The very people that taught you this stuff have long abandoned the charade, its observance holding no further use for their ruling classes as a tool of control, and hence, allowed to be exposed for the farcical stories they are.

But we in Africa? We still think a (white) man called Jesus literally flew up into heaven before onlookers after being raised from the dead by God, who is also the same Jesus.

I mean, whole populations of grown men and women go around with this and other crazy nonsense in their heads and you wonder why we have problems??

Islam? We have whole populations who think Africa is so irrelevant and stained that they must travel OUT OF IT in order to validate themselves with God, through their 'hajj'.

Why is IFE not our holy land?

How are IFE or AROCHUKWU inferior to Jerusalem or Mecca if it's not the inferiority we've placed on those indigenous religious centers by our own minds and beliefs? Our inheritance from slave raiders and colonialists?

When do we stand up and question everything we've been taught by them?

ONLY THEN CAN WE BE REAL MEN.

Right now, we're pitiful, dependent, thoughtless sheep.

Dont you think its note worthy that d white brought a religion dat dint even originate from europe? If they brought truth and are no longer upholding it, do u think it'll make d truth become a lie? If God was vexed enough to destroy d earth during d time of Noah with water, do u think dat He wont punish anyone who doesn't play by His rules now? Even after sacrificing His son? em...i really think u r trying hard to philosophize! U wan kick knowledge?
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by filiks(m): 1:29am On Feb 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Hey monkey, cant you read my name? does that sound islamic to you?!
Slow, is dat a name? Pagan-slowpoke? You are a rare case of super intense-down-syndrome!
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by filiks(m): 1:46am On Feb 02, 2013
Metallurgist: Xtain mocking god and jesus, god that created jesus and send him to the children of isreal made him a jew, not an african, so basically this god that has a tribe and is also a lion of juda and in his racist supremacist attitude never preach to a gentile or non jew even though black slaves, assarian, romans, samaritans,persians, arabs ar mixed in trade and many other places and sees no reason to bother the gentiles about salvation, now educated black xtain realizing the trick hav turn to a black jesus,
Please, if u were God where in d world would u rather have Jesus sent? To d whites? With their ego and superiority issues? Or to d other arab nations? With d madness they exhibit till date? Or to black-africa? Where He would've been too busy inventing and constructing all d things we dint have for God-knows-how-long before commencing d teachings He came for? Which geographical location would've been better than Israel?
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
filiks: Slow, is dat a name? Pagan-slowpoke? You are a rare case of super intense-down-syndrome!

stu.pid fellow. shut the help. look at your own st.upid name. ill show you downssyndrome, you monkey.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by filiks(m): 12:44am On Feb 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

stu.pid fellow. shut the help. look at your own st.upid name. ill show you downssyndrome, you monkey.
'shut the help'? 'ill show you downssyndrome'? I don't understand you! What are you trying hard to say? Did you mean to say you'll show me down-syndrome? Please stop trying, You've done that already with your very first statement here. Yours is really a terrible case. I pity you, sincerely. Accept my sympathy.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by FXKing2012(m): 7:44am On Feb 04, 2013
filiks: 'shut the help'? 'ill show you downssyndrome'? I don't understand you! What are you trying hard to say? Did you mean to say you'll show me down-syndrome? Please stop trying, You've done that already with your very first statement here. Yours is really a terrible case. I pity you, sincerely. Accept my sympathy.
Bwahahahahaha...
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
filiks: 'shut the help'? 'ill show you downssyndrome'? I don't understand you! What are you trying hard to say? Did you mean to say you'll show me down-syndrome? Please stop trying, You've done that already with your very first statement here. Yours is really a terrible case. I pity you, sincerely. Accept my sympathy.

i dont accept it. filthy manworshipper.
Re: I Need A Black Jesus by Sheriffc(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2013
I have come to believe that to make people read you, make a comment about religion and they'll throng at you like bees to disturbers of their beehives. The writer of the poem, I guess, wanted the fanfare that is besieging this poem thus the catchy title; albeit he laboured to be poetic, he was creative. I am no fan of his work though....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(ARTICLE)A Poetry Piece Dedicated To The Super Eagles BY Dare David James Pascal / Nairaland Poetry Club: Valentine Duets / The Inner Mind - A Short Poem And A Brief Commentary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.