Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,029 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan (13784 Views)

Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by idupaul: 1:11am On Jan 30, 2013
fkaz:

He should try to emulate jesus christ in his humbles by fighting corruption.

LMAO .... Now this is true but funny
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by SisiKill1: 1:20am On Jan 30, 2013
Just what we need. ...an intolerant president to take over from an inept one.

I swear to God. ...these politician ought really consider having educated people in their corner, even if it's just primary 6 those people finished....I am sure a primary school child will no using the word tolerant in this context is NOT a good thing.

What GEJ is...is INDECISIVE not tolerant.

Eejits.

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by FindOut(m): 1:27am On Jan 30, 2013
& it is thanks to his "tolerance" timidity and "humility" cluelessness that brazen corruption is being perpetrated by those under his watch while he sits there still "settling down" and still planning to "move very fast this year" after 3 years in office.

I'd rather have an intolerant (towards thieves, corrupt people, troublemakers) President who is effective that an inept tolerant 'humble' one.

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by senatorfrancis(m): 1:34am On Jan 30, 2013
expertman: I Won’t Be Tolerant With Power Like Jonathan – Anyim

Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, erstwhile president of the senate, is presently the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF with oversight over preparations for the country’s centenary celebrations. Ahead of next month’s flag-off of the 22 month long celebrations, Senator Anyim alongside the Minister of Culture and Tourism, Chief Edem Duke unfolded plans to commemorate the proclamation during an interactive session with journalists in Lagos.

The plans, he said as at last week, were still tentative with inputs still being received from critical stakeholders. One of the poignant points raised in the course of the interaction was on the role of some past leaders who have today coalesced into the political opposition. Senator Anyim, whose wits and wisdom helped him in navigating through the once slippery corridors of power in the Senate responded to those issues and many more in the course of the session. Excerpts:

On the role of the political opposition during the celebrations
The time I was leaving the senate I was getting to 42 and I didn’t think about what I would be tomorrow. I walked away. Why wouldn’t people also think that the country should be above them? I had become chairman of the National Assembly and I said I had no business here again and I walked away and I had no plan about what I was going to do except that my father was a farmer and I had a farmland. It is as simple and straight as that. We must join hands to promote the country above every selfish interest. I think the duty is for us to elevate the corporate wellbeing of Nigeria because it is all our collective well being over and above every narrow and parochial feeling. Honestly and I think so.

Let me again empahsise about this issue of perception. If I were Jonathan, if I were him, I ordinarily try to simplify my life, (but) I have never seen a man humble with power as Jonathan. I wouldn’t be as humble as that with power, I can tell you that I was not. I have never seen anybody that is as tolerant with power as he. I have never seen any leader in Nigeria and I have been around, that has managed power the way Jonathan has and that is why everybody thinks we can rubbish him, ‘that one, what can he do? He wont do anything. We can step on him!’

[b]We haven’t had it that way before. And I have told people, we have wonderful opportunity under Jonathan to deepen democracy because he will not interfere with anything, he will not interfere with what you are doing. He will not even challenge you. What you want to do, do! Those working with him, he doesn’t manipulate, he doesn’t control, just run your office. That is the basic principle that will advance our democracy. But we turn it otherwise to say, it is weakness. We have to choose between the principles of democracy or a peculiar type of democracy that is peculiar to Nigeria .

We have measured civilian regimes and military regimes. How would Abacha have done it? How would Murtala have done it? How did Obasanjo do it (no I don’t want to talk about that one o!) But the truth is that the principle of democracy is universal. So you have to compare what he is doing is what should be or how the other people did it. Somebody told me that the kind of president Nigeria needs is the one with iron hand. When he comes you know he has come.

We shouldn’t take it for granted because instead of maximising the opportunity of the kind of person Jonathan is we are abusing it. I wont be as soft, as humble, as tolerant as he is in power. I will not be, I! I am saying so. You know I am saying the truth, if you step on me, I step on you![/b]

Let’s get it right this is the duty we have to perform together, the country should be above every personal interest. You mustn’t rule. People will come and tell me it is the turn of the Southeast, it is the turn of this…. Who zoned it to South-south now? Who zoned it to them? God! Who gave it to Jonathan? This is a man nobody ever gave any chance. Who didn’t even want.

He wanted to remain in his small Bayelsa, they dragged him out overnight and you cannot see the hand of God in it? You think you can throw him away like that? It is not possible. It is because we do not believe in God that is why you cannot see God in anything. We should get it right. God has so pampered me in my life that I don’t sleep and worry about tomorrow. I don’t think about tomorrow, because I think my tomorrow is secured in God’s hand and I sleep very well.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/i-wont-bie-tolerant-with-power-like-jonathan-anyim/
I tink d young man is still looking for anoda national cake.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by tomakint: 1:38am On Jan 30, 2013
solomon111: That is your own way of seeing it.
It can also be infered that GEJ is very democratic,and delegates powers.
That is the future of Nigeria.
We don't need a goliath,or a tyrant who believes he/she is a king ruling over slaves.
Seconded! Jonathan remains a true democrat in the real sense of it, even Obj that was autocratic couldn't stop the sophisticated corruption happening under his nose but they are quick to rubbish Jonathan's cool

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Roland17(m): 1:54am On Jan 30, 2013
If you are caught cheating in JAMB you are sentenced to 21 years in jail, while the former DG of the police pensions board who plead guilty to embezzlement of N23.3 billion Naira was sentenced to 2 years imprisonment with an option of N750,000 which he obviously took, he paid the money right there in court and left Scot free.

This government is massively corrupt and its obvious Jonathan does not have the courage or will to tackle the issue of corruption under his nose.

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by yabadabado: 2:54am On Jan 30, 2013
wetin we never see..pipu wey suppose be village headmaster they tell us say "I Won’t Be Tolerant With Power Like Jonathan ".does he intend to become the president by 2015 or 2019 when he will be 50 years old...am sorry oh! cus PDP would have been dead and buried in the north as it is dead in the west. guess he would have to beg for another secretary job again.

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by miiraaj: 2:55am On Jan 30, 2013
re@lchange:

abacha buhari is the answer!
don't come back crying after he kills and jails all your leaders o.

Tell me a single leader that doesn't deserve to be jailed.

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by miiraaj: 2:58am On Jan 30, 2013
misreal: who told u gej doesnt have any say in what is happening.mtchheeew.if u do nt av anytin to say just go nd read ur bible.
u no read d post ne,abi u no sabi read? Abeg,no b by force to comment. Mumu
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by misreal(m): 3:17am On Jan 30, 2013
miiraaj:
u no read d post ne,abi u no sabi read? Abeg,no b by force to comment. Mumu
do u go around abusing ppl like dat?well am vewi sowie if u cant get into a debate without raining curses i pity u.chnge dat attitude of urs b4 it gets u into a kind of trble u cnt come out of.all i can say for nw is.may God forgve u.cos i av 4gving u.if u like keep abusing me cos datt is wat kids do...
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 30, 2013
lucenzo: This guy no know say he don use style fall him oga hand. Democracy doesn't translate to indecisiveness or lack of control, If the president is not in charge of his employees then there is fire on the mountain. Imagine a home where the parents don't have say in what the kids do, then nothing can work in that home. He was trying to say something good about his boss but got it wrong.

sometimes it's better to just keep quiet.

If you objectively read again you would find that nothing was said about indecisiveness. He said Gej was humble with power, soft - egalitarian as opposed to dictatorial. We have had 14 past regimes (13 presidents) and this is the first time we feel safe enough to criticize a president in office. In the past we were showing rib, sweating profusely and carrying placards to perpetuate our suffering. Only when, by divine intervention, the maniac was removed from office or the face of the earth did we have the guts to cry foul. Didn't we used to be the happiest ppl in the world? Nigerians were known for: suffering and smiling. But now, we can finally show how we really feel.

He said Gej was “not controlling” which is not the same thing as “not being in control”. A controlling person would not give subordinates the chance to do their duties because he either doesn't trust their capabilities or he just power- drunk and wants to run the office himself ( we all know how lucrative our govt offices are). A person who is “in control” is on-top of things - knows what is going on, trusts his ppl to handle the situation, and knows when to come in himself. Theory X and Y.

10 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by jakedes(m): 4:51am On Jan 30, 2013
@noblezone..what is your opinon?...you call yourself noble..are you noble with words n opinon?..jst as d SSG said.."GEJ is soft with power never controls never interfers he just leaves you to run your business the way it suits you"..i think that is the orign of his problem...human beings are not easy to be controlled talkless of Nigeria which is the most populated black nation..i still wonder how this country can ruled with soft hands considering the fact we are less developed than some countries we were rated together as 3rd world countries in the past please let us call a spade a spade...(just that we only get mouth but we not fit bite but oneday we will bite and bite hard)

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by 4chi: 4:55am On Jan 30, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

Big black hippo

A huge mass of protoplasm....
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Kairoseki77: 5:09am On Jan 30, 2013
If what this man said is true...I hope Jonathan wins in 2015.

If not him, I hope Fashola wins.

There is one IMPORTANT thing we all should remember. Turning Nigeria around is DANGEROUS!

Ngozi eliminated fuel import scam. Mother was kidnapped.
Fashola has had people tell him they are going to kill him several times. (He has talked about it in several interviews and speeches.)
Ribadu had to flee the country because assassins were hired to kill him.

STILL THESE PEOPLE FIGHT FOR NIGERIA!

If you are honest, imagine how often Jonathan's life has been threatened. How much corruption has been busted under him. Not talking about prosecuting people who committed crimes in the past, but changing the way things are done in government so corruption stops in the PRESENT and the FUTURE.

The fertilizer scam is one example. He distributed phones to farmers, and sends them electronic vouchers so that they can buy their own fertilizer. It used to be that fertilizer money was given to the government 'officials' and stolen before it got to the farmers. How many people died of hunger because there wasn't enough food? How many lives are being saved now...?

If GEJ, Fashola, or someone else that is willing to DIE for Nigeria runs for President, you should vote for them. In the US, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and others literally DIED so that America could become a better place.

It's easy to criticize on a forum, but this is real life.

2 Likes

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by fkaz(m): 5:18am On Jan 30, 2013
misreal: u avnt said anytin yet.wen abacha was president ppl like u said he was a tyrant.nw u av gej,nw u r saying he is weak.y dnt u just mke ya pastor de president

u avnt said anytin yet.

And you quote me
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:36am On Jan 30, 2013
Humble my butt! The retaard simply doesnt know how to apply power. So naiive and timid. The Amanpour inteview says it all. Nigeria deserves better.

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 30, 2013
Knowledge9000: Big Black Turkey!

mukina! mukina!! U no c ds person ban? Also those dat call Mr President names shld be banned.
"d President is an embodiment of d state. Any attack targeted at him is an attack against d state" R v Isaac Boro
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by gp66(m): 6:20am On Jan 30, 2013
dayokanu: Is this an admission that Retardeen Jonathan is clueless about governance
Just ponder if ur father is called a retardeen in front of u hw will u feel?
Grow up kid!
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Turbocharged: 6:24am On Jan 30, 2013
solomon111: That is your own way of seeing it.
It can also be infered that GEJ is very democratic,and delegates powers.
That is the future of Nigeria.
We don't need a goliath,or a tyrant who believes he/she is a king ruling over slaves.
Until we remove our 2uale mentality, slavery wl not stop in Naija
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by P4VS20: 6:33am On Jan 30, 2013
Turbocharged:
Until we remove our 2uale mentality, slavery wl not stop in Naija

GBAM!!!
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 6:36am On Jan 30, 2013
I have more chances and favours to become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria than Senator Pius Ayim, because my own Godfather is greater than the godfather of Ayim.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by jethro2: 6:53am On Jan 30, 2013
As long as our we allow sentiments to becloud our judgement, Nigeria will keep crawling. The truth still remains that Nigeria need a decisive, strong willed and hardworking President. And sincerely GEJ is falling our hands

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by joe4christ(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2013
lucenzo: This guy no know say he don use style fall him oga hand. Democracy doesn't translate to indecisiveness or lack of control, If the president is not in charge of his employees then there is fire on the mountain. Imagine a home where the parents don't have say in what the kids do, then nothing can work in that home. He was trying to say something good about his boss but got it wrong.

sometimes it's better to just keep quiet.

God bless you, you've said it all!
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 7:17am On Jan 30, 2013
Yes o! Thats my president. Anyim, chiri gawa!
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Sweetapple007(f): 7:51am On Jan 30, 2013
What else re u suppose to say, when u get their we go no
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by TheMatrix3: 7:55am On Jan 30, 2013
I thought these 40 laptop squad had given up, with the likes of beef and mutton shamelessly giving way. Now I see a few new recruits - POINTBless SOLOMON - and I cant help but feel they are still very much around. For crying out loud Anyim just said GEJ allows you do anything you like without inteference!! shocked. He's the head of the executive, he needs to know, he needs to consult and stand against decisions that will shame his govt and cause further ill to his citizenry. What other way do u define ceaselessness and weakness and a lack of will power to make things work. I weep for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by kennytidistar(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2013
Omen100:

[s]my father was a farmer and I had a farmland.[/s]

another similar shoeless story again angry angry angry

imagine how you waste a whole page by qouting all, dont you think you are wasting money as well? Why quote the whole thing na?
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by oddy4real(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2013
The_Matrix: I thought these 40 laptop squad had given up, with the likes of beef and mutton shamelessly giving way. Now I see a few new recruits - POINTBless SOLOMON - and I cant help but feel they are still very much around. For crying out loud Anyim just said GEJ allows you do anything you like without inteference!! shocked. He's the head of the executive, he needs to know, he needs to consult and stand against decisions that will shame his govt and cause further ill to his citizenry. What other way do u define ceaselessness and weakness and a lack of will power to make things work. I weep for Nigeria
Weep for yourself
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2013
Omen100:

[s]my father was a farmer and I had a farmland.[/s]

another similar shoeless story again angry angry angry
another classical display of ignorance! you deserved to be led with iron fist by govt such as north korea. you deserve a mindless tyrant dictator.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by TonySpike: 8:09am On Jan 30, 2013
Michaeljones36: If what this man said is true...I hope Jonathan wins in 2015.

If not him, I hope Fashola wins.

There is one IMPORTANT thing we all should remember. Turning Nigeria around is DANGEROUS!

Ngozi eliminated fuel import scam. Mother was kidnapped.
Fashola has had people tell him they are going to kill him several times. (He has talked about it in several interviews and speeches.)
Ribadu had to flee the country because assassins were hired to kill him.

STILL THESE PEOPLE FIGHT FOR NIGERIA!

If you are honest, imagine how often Jonathan's life has been threatened. How much corruption has been busted under him. Not talking about prosecuting people who committed crimes in the past, but changing the way things are done in government so corruption stops in the PRESENT and the FUTURE.

The fertilizer scam is one example. He distributed phones to farmers, and sends them electronic vouchers so that they can buy their own fertilizer. It used to be that fertilizer money was given to the government 'officials' and stolen before it got to the farmers. How many people died of hunger because there wasn't enough food? How many lives are being saved now...?

If GEJ, Fashola, or someone else that is willing to DIE for Nigeria runs for President, you should vote for them. In the US, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and others literally DIED so that America could become a better place.

It's easy to criticize on a forum, but this is real life.

Is President Jonathan really ready to die for Nigeria? This is a President who could not even declare his assets publicly to the Nigerian populace. I hope I heard you right...
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Godmann(m): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2013
Do you guys really know this man Ayim Pius?

Can you remember how he provided himself to be used against Okadigbo by Obasanjo? Is he not a bootlicker like GEJ himself? Did he rose to prominence by sabotaging better qualified candidate?
Remember he remained an Obasanjo stooge in the senate till when he was bitten by the same Obasanjo.

I wonder what you people expect from him.

Are people also not aware that his only qualification is that he cannot be smarter that GEJ? Was that not the criteria used to recruit him and the VP?

I wonder why Nigerians can’t remember tomorrow. GEJ was recruited as VP because he lacked the capacity to say No to OBJ when Yar’adua as expected fails to govern as a consequence of his terminal sickness. Yar’adua himself was recruited by OBJ because he was sick and will create a vacuum that will enable OBJ rule from his prepared Board of Trustee chairman of PDP.

GEJ recruited people himself is smarter than.

What does it tell on the quality of our leadership? The Dumbest have been promoted to rule us and we all must remain dumb.
Re: Ayim Won't Be Tolerant In Power As Jonathan by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 30, 2013
misreal: u avnt said anytin yet.wen abacha was president ppl like u said he was a tyrant.nw u av gej,nw u r saying he is weak.y dnt u just mke ya pastor de president
can you imagine. democracy carrygo jare.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Failed DNA Test For Twins At Embassy / Ayba Wabba Emerges NLC President / APC Convention: Governors, Chieftains Divided Over National Secretary Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.