Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan (9539 Views)

I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Rejects Obasanjo’s Peace Mission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by misreal(m): 12:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Big brother nigeria likes to show and prove dmselves on the international desk.7bn to mali.jeez.how much as FG paid victims of d local islamists attacks.just waiting to see how dt money is truely spent.we just won't get details.big brother naija amidst ur storms u still have to send firefighters to put out fire from another's house.naija i hail thee.btw.dt money can do justice to many of our epileptic,stroke hitten sectors.smh.
dnt u knw dat if dey is a possibility of stoping bokoharam by stoping wat is goin on in mali?dnt u knw dat de base of bokoharam is mali.all u wnt to do is abuse gej.go on na u get ur mouth
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by misreal(m): 12:57am On Jan 30, 2013
Roland17: Is the war in Mali the utmost priority of Nigeria on a scale of preference? there are numerous issues that require attention of the federal government, but i guess the federal government spending a ridiculous 7 billion Naira and being a pretentious big brother serves our image better than rectifying the recurring issues

7 billion naira can help in the revamp of our power sector

7 billion naira can help renovate some Federal health institutions

7 billion naira can help reform, equip and properly compensate our police force, so as to face the enormous challenges of securing lives and properties of the average Nigerian

7 billion naira can renovate some federal educational institutions

The list is limitless..

Nigerians deserve better than this.
my brother u r right oh.bt gej is trying to stop bokoharam.cos its because of bokoharam dat his gvmnt is experiancing delays.mind u mali is de root of bokoharam
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by KayDee4: 1:12am On Jan 30, 2013
7 billion naira to Mali, He should provide an additional 10 billion for security at home.

It will make no sense if the islamists are flushed out of Mali (partly thanks to our 7 billa) and they flock into 'insecure' Naija to camp out.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by tomakint: 1:13am On Jan 30, 2013
olas2u:

Its foreign policy is centered around Africa.and it should protect it and guard it from invasion,exploitation.
He is not a student of International Politics, you may excuse him!
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by tomakint: 1:20am On Jan 30, 2013
Considering what IBB spent on Liberia during the Country's civil war in the 90s then one would say Jonathan is spending peanuts, if not for d security measures of this government Boko Haram intends to kick start a war similar to what is happening in Mali now in Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by albatross777(f): 2:07am On Jan 30, 2013
Most lack basics amenities in 9Ja yet our dunce/self-centered Govt.spent N7bn of taxpayers fund on Mali...
wow there must be a call for R E V O L U.TION.
Most are jobless,
Most needs better health care
All infrastuctures need immediate attention.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by HezronLorraine(m): 2:52am On Jan 30, 2013
misreal: dnt u knw dat if dey is a possibility of stoping bokoharam by stoping wat is goin on in mali?dnt u knw dat de base of bokoharam is mali.all u wnt to do is abuse gej.go on na u get ur mouth
Everyone knows dts dre base but don't u tnk dt 7bn would buy more dn enough ammunitions,helicopters and security vehicles.just saying.dt money could go down d drain of our own internal defence.at times i hate our foreign policy.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by aljharem(m): 3:13am On Jan 30, 2013
one day there would be revolution in this country.

I so much dislike GEJ now angry Imagine the inflation rate in Nigeria currently because of the fuel subsidy issue claiming he is saving it for Nigeria. 7 billion out of that is been spent on Mali of which itt would not profit us anything.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by aljharem(m): 3:17am On Jan 30, 2013
J12: Well, if the United States spent hundreds on billions of dollars on their war on terrorism, whats stops Nigeria from spending a paltry 40 million for the same cause?

Now if the USA invest trillions on terrorism, if at all you have done your research, you would know how much they are getting in return for their investment.

War on terror while they provide necessary resources for their citizens (country) eg Oil, Gold etc from those countries.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 30, 2013
alj harem:

Now if the USA invest trillions on terrorism, if at all you have done your research, you would know how much they are getting in return for their investment.

War on terror while they provide necessary resources for their citizens (country) eg Oil, Gold etc from those countries.

LMAO. Don't let Americans hear you
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by sammy102(m): 3:28am On Jan 30, 2013
if he really spent such money on Mali, then he must be a retarded human being.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by EmmyDe25(m): 3:42am On Jan 30, 2013
J12: Well, if the United States spent hundreds on billions of dollars on their war on terrorism, whats stops Nigeria from spending a paltry 40 million for the same cause?
If its on developmental issue, its guys/ladies lyk u dat wl cum on here nd tell us dt Nigeria nd d U.S can't be compared, base on d fact dt d two are not on d same pedestal. Why then shud we be squanderin money on Mali wen we have many projects begging for d govt's attention bak home.
Just anoda overrated attempt by d dunce presdnt to embezzle funds. GOD save us!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by taharqa: 3:58am On Jan 30, 2013
alj harem: one day there would be revolution in this country.

I so much dislike GEJ now angry Imagine the inflation rate in Nigeria currently because of the fuel subsidy issue claiming he is saving it for Nigeria. 7 billion out of that is been spent on Mali of which itt would not profit us anything.
Just see d level of IGNORANCE, Lawd!! .... Meaningless Rantings everywhere..
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:25am On Jan 30, 2013
taharqa: Just see d level of IGNORANCE, Lawd!! .... Meaningless Rantings everywhere..

Ok explain to me why you consider my rant full of ignorance. I am willing to learn.

If I am wrong, I would admit it.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:25am On Jan 30, 2013
J12:

LMAO. Don't let Americans hear you

LOL they already know who they are.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Plarp: 4:29am On Jan 30, 2013
stupid, pointless niggery as always. Mr. Johnathan is just trying to prove to the other countries that hes a big boy, don't mind am he just a silly pikinninny like the rest of us.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by 50calibre(m): 4:48am On Jan 30, 2013

Girl I hope you didn't waste money going to university? But if you did, please go to your university and show them this comment you made here and you just might be entitled to a refund on your tuition fees.

You displayed a lack of common sense and proper understanding of the world as it is today by this your comment. Please stick to child bearing and domestic laundry/cooking.

Truly the product of Nigerian education system

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Kairoseki77: 4:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria pledged $3 million USD according to every other news source.

This is out of a total $450 million dollars that the West mostly paid for.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by 50calibre(m): 4:53am On Jan 30, 2013
alj harem: one day there would be revolution in this country.

What the fu*k is this for God's sake, many words with little or no meaning.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:59am On Jan 30, 2013
50calibre:

What the fu*k is this for God's sake, many words with little or no meaning.

Ok let me spell it out for you.

GEJ removed the fuel subsidy and thus increased the price of commodities in Nigeria in the bid that he was saving money for Nigeria which would be diverted to other sectors. Right ?

Now the 7 billion he is using for the war in Mali which I think is from the "savings" directly or indirectly, would it yield any profit for Nigerians. YES OR NO.

I hope you understand my English now clear to you
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by fkaz(m): 5:36am On Jan 30, 2013

America never go to war without gaining, they get oil in return.

What are we going to benefit from mali?
I bet, if there is oil in mali america will get involve more than this. Or do you think france went to mali because of terrorist or to protect their investment?
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Achuamaokwa(m): 6:06am On Jan 30, 2013
naija is real fada xmas. Useless country, useless leader, useless foreign policy. About 80% of nigerian are under d poverty level of not getting 1dollar per day & d iseless jona is dashing out 70bn.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 30, 2013
Gooogle: The sum of US$5.5 million out of the N7 billion, according to him, had been used for the re-construction and refurbishment of a number of medical clinics in the military barracks of some of the Malian Defence and Security Forces, as part of the Security Sector Reform (SSR) intervention.

Would it have cost 10% of that to refurbish the police college in Ikeja?
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Pato30(m): 6:19am On Jan 30, 2013
Pls uncle Jona' remember that our roads are bad and power sector is in comatose. 9ja has never reached the stage where the USA or other super powers has attained, where virtually every sectors of their economy is working and they alwaz make provision for "war" in their "budget", uncle where did u get this 7b u spent on mali? Pls uncle dnt be like a father who failed at home and became a hero outside!
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Kposkila: 6:23am On Jan 30, 2013
as d war in mali intensifies, boko haram, declares cease fire, d best way 2 fight terrorist is fighting deir source,7bn might b 2much, but it might mean d end of bh 4 nigeria. God help us all.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by takedat(m): 6:28am On Jan 30, 2013
This wouldn't be an issue if there are economic gains to be benefited from it like France who is there partly to protect its economic interests, but for Nigeria to support the war with huge sums of money under the pretext that it is playing a big brother role and trying to overcome the radical jihadists there because it has links to boko haram is a fallacy because both the terrorists in Northern Nigeria and Northern Mali have links to AQIM and MOJWA whose main bases are not in Mali. If the terrorists are chased out of Mali, there are other places for them to begin their operations and spread.

At a time when we have lots of critical developmental problem and paucity of funds, it is unwise to spend such colossal amount of money when its obvious that the main reason why Mali and to an extent Nigeria are witnessing the scourge of Islamists is partly due to State failure and its inability to provide the needs of their people!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2013
INTERESTINGLY IF THE FRENCH DIDNT TAKE A STEP TO PUT THINGS IN ORDER, NO AFRICAN COUNTRY WOULD HAVE STEPPED UP TO DO SO.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Otono77: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2013
J12:

If there's a problem with my post, reveal it. Don't ask stupid questions

He is right, you are irredeemably stupid. Did he ask any question?
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Emerald94(f): 6:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Thats a huge sum,but its 4 d gud of all....sum people dnt even think b4 posting....d gr8st terrorist hav their hd qtr in mali including boko haram and d said jambs,if we cn help fight d ones ova dia,those in nig. Wil b powerless,u go 2 d north nd see wat those idiots hav turnd people into nw they are talking of cease fire...mtchweee...,if u hav bn affectd by dem i bet u wont tink dat d govt is nt wise...GOD help nig. We shal nt spend in vain...
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 30, 2013
alj harem: [b]one day there would be revolution in this country.[b/]

DONT HOLD UR BREATH......AINT GONNA HAPPEN
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by BennyXL(m): 6:46am On Jan 30, 2013
Can u imagine? The people GEJ is trying to impress already кησω that his country is unstable. If he wants to change impressions, he should change his country. Why ησт focus funds on pressing issues in the country?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by DisGuy: 6:48am On Jan 30, 2013
anyone seen videos of Nigerian army in Mali?

[size=13pt]Where is the NTA?#

We have been seeing the French troops on patrol

We have seen the British army delivering vehicle and equipment

but absolutely no video (not pictures) of our NAIJA HEROES[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. / INEC Restricts Military Participation In Bayelsa, Kogi Gov Elections To Patrol / Secret NNPC Account With JP Morgan Exposed By Senate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.