Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan (9544 Views)

I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Rejects Obasanjo’s Peace Mission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Boss13: 6:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Roland17: Is the war in Mali the utmost priority of Nigeria on a scale of preference? there are numerous issues that require attention of the federal government, but i guess the federal government spending a ridiculous 7 billion Naira and being a pretentious big brother serves our image better than rectifying the recurring issues

7 billion naira can help in the revamp of our power sector

7 billion naira can help renovate some Federal health institutions

7 billion naira can help reform, equip and properly compensate our police force, so as to face the enormous challenges of securing lives and properties of the average Nigerian

7 billion naira can renovate some federal educational institutions

The list is limitless..

Nigerians deserve better than this.

Quiet, the war against terrorism in Mali is very crucial to the survival of the Nigerian entity. If those terror group ain't squashed, our very own boko haram will get stronger and get support from them. The war is important not just to Nigeria alone but to the whole of west Africa

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nasige(m): 6:52am On Jan 30, 2013
I don't knw,I like dis Goodluck of a man so tay everytin way he do dey always make me laugh cheesy
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by erric(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2013
What will MALI do if Nigeria is in a distress?....obsolutely nothing!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by segello58(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2013
They should keep spending N7 billion while fraustrating it own citizen with hadden poverty, bad education, health, power and much chalenges. Its a matter of time for him to generate and develop it own political islamist terrorist, 10 years ago no body knows anything like boko haram in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria and the rest country in the world.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by ignis: 7:12am On Jan 30, 2013
Gooogle: I am beginning to think there is money somewhere else that we are not seeing or are they 'paper' money ni.
Don't you know that Nigeria is very rich?
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 7:23am On Jan 30, 2013
erric: What will MALI do if Nigeria is in a distress?....obsolutely nothing!

Imagine, this guys know quit well that they are poor but still yet looking for a war to fight. I never knew that this kind of money dey exist for FG. Our FG no get sense, how many of those johnbull don help solve Nigeria problem since the attack our boko boiz, soon now they will continue from where they stop which I never pray for.

What is in this world is if you're poor don't fight war because the little that took you years to build will be destroyed and who knows when it will be rebuilt. China, Russia, USA and others fight doesn't mean that other countries will do because those niggaz have enough.

FG is a disgrace to we Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by kilo88: 7:30am On Jan 30, 2013
I THINK WE NEED SOME CHANGES FAST
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2013
Gooogle: President Goodluck Jonathan hinted on Tuesday that Nigeria has committed $34 million (about N7 billion) on the immediate deployment of troops and logistics support to stop the activities of Islamic terrorists in Mali and return the country to order.

He said he has also made additional $5million pledge to further help that country, even as Nigeria has already deployed 900 combat soldiers and 300 Air Force personnel to Mali as part of the African-led International Support Mission in Mali (AFISMA).

The sum of US$5.5 million out of the N7 billion, according to him, had been used for the re-construction and refurbishment of a number of medical clinics in the military barracks of some of the Malian Defence and Security Forces, as part of the Security Sector Reform (SSR) intervention.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/46349/2013/01/29/nigeria_spent_n7bn_mali_crisis_jonathan.html

Meanwhile, Nigeria lacks hospitals, the President's own wife had to waste tax-payer funds to go relax in a German hospital, while we've all seen how decrepit the Nigerian Police college is. Yet, this dunce is going to other countries to help them "reconstruct and refurbish" clinics in their military installations.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by saphire12(f): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2013
Just another opportunity 2 keep some in his account!..
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by justineu(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2013
So afta dis money spend wat is our reward....
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Alary: 8:24am On Jan 30, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
J12:

If there's a problem with my post, reveal it. Don't ask stupid questions
The guy did not made a mistake by proclaiming you a product of a failed Nigerian education system.Where does he ask you or anybody a question ? Dude you just proved him right.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by stankezzy: 8:26am On Jan 30, 2013
alj harem:

Now if the USA invest trillions on terrorism, if at all you have done your research, you would know how much they are getting in return for their investment.

War on terror while they provide necessary resources for their citizens (country) eg Oil, Gold etc from those countries.
most times we quote out of ignorance,usa have the biggest oil deposit in the world which they said they will start selling by 2014,secondly they nd china have the biggest gold reserve.they have the best technology nd they spend highest,in helping others.GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by stankezzy: 8:39am On Jan 30, 2013
EmmyDe25:
If its on developmental issue, its guys/ladies lyk u dat wl cum on here nd tell us dt Nigeria nd d U.S can't be compared, base on d fact dt d two are not on d same pedestal. Why then shud we be squanderin money on Mali wen we have many projects begging for d govt's attention bak home.
Just anoda overrated attempt by d dunce presdnt to embezzle funds. GOD save us!
you must be s big fat fool(bff) who said that america nd britain,even with there money that their citizens are nt complaining about the way they spend.mind you there are some country that are naturally targeted by disterbilizing forces .usa,germany,britain,france,nigeria.i dnt know why we are target but we can not deny it.american policy-IF U CAN NOT TAKE THE WAR TO THEM,ONE DAY THEY WILL BRING IT TO U.so which one is better.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by FiftyFifty(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2013
That‘s the price to be paid by people “voting“ purely based on sentiments even when his cluelesness, myopism, brainless, corrupt tendencies & other deficiencies ar apparent for all to see.
Now that he spent 7BN out of the subsidy removed to refurbish Malian barracks, let him PLEASE spend just 7 MILLION NAIRA to refurbish our Police College in Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by dartsidius7(m): 8:42am On Jan 30, 2013
I dont think all the money was spent.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2013
Youngzedd:

Imagine, this guys know quit well that they are poor but still yet looking for a war to fight. I never knew that this kind of money dey exist for FG. Our FG no get sense, how many of those johnbull don help solve Nigeria problem since the attack our boko boiz, soon now they will continue from where they stop which I never pray for.

What is in this world is if you're poor don't fight war because the little that took you years to build will be destroyed and who knows when it will be rebuilt. China, Russia, USA and others fight doesn't mean that other countries will do because those niggaz have enough.

FG is a disgrace to we Nigerians.

China Russia and the USA are niggaz?

Express yourself correctly lest intelligent people mistake you for a simpleton .
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by tarryT(m): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2013
alj harem: one day there would be revolution in this country.

I so much dislike GEJ now angry Imagine the inflation rate in Nigeria currently because of the fuel subsidy issue claiming he is saving it for Nigeria. 7 billion out of that is been spent on Mali of which itt would not profit us anything.
Am not supriced that u hate GEJ this much and u wont see the wisdom in dealing with those islamic rats in Mali.. Keep ranting and i hope ur hate filled stomach explode soon.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by hadjibabaondrun: 9:02am On Jan 30, 2013
Helo friends! Ar u in ur final yr in any discipline and in need of a complete project. U can contact dis numba 07063132291 or email shuaib360@gmail.com, or add me up on 2go or watsapp wit my number. We ar ready to serve u beta tnx!
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Lordlexy: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2013
J12: Well, if the United States spent hundreds on billions of dollars on their war on terrorism, whats stops Nigeria from spending a paltry 40 million for the same cause?
y would u compared u s n 9ja
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Reelsteel: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2013
J12:

Real Product of the Nigerian Educational System.
Nobody asked you a question, he made a statement..
Secondly how can you compare a third world country where 75% of the citizens are poor to a world power?
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by sobastical: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2013
J12:

I must confess, there was an error in what you post..
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Capnd143(m): 10:09am On Jan 30, 2013
[b]Just when i thought some nigerian do think!!!

The only way to permanently solve insecurity issues in nigeria is the

* "AGHAN-STYLE" which demands taking the war to their doorsteps; the same Modus operandi employed by the united states to tackle the 'aghan-taliban' menance and not the

*"GANGNAM-STLYE" which entails fighting the war at home alone; the same modus operandi previous employed by the south koreans during the "kangnam" korean secession insurrection.

7BN NAIRA IS NOT MUCH AS COMPARED TO WHAT WE WILL SPEND IF Nigeria turns into a state of anarchy like mali! Believe me some bigots will always critisize the FG on issues like this, but b4 each decision is taken by the FG there is complete analysis of a possible multiplier or ripple effect!

"Ceteris paribus, ell es't vètø vecièr deuf fallacio la un argumentum adhomenum le internationel"

and come oh, y is it dat NTA IS NOT GIVING US LIFE COVERAGE OF OUR MALIAN BASED Troops? Abi no network? Or the they fear death? The western media only covers french troops [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 30, 2013
I don't know if I should be angry with FGN or with imperalist nations that have done everything to get Africa in his shadows. In spite of the number of troops that have been deployed to Mali and the huge amount our government has sank into Mali, whenever the war in Mali is been mention in CNN, you will never hear anything about Nigerians effort. All you hear is French and Malian troops.

Please can someone in this forum educate us on what is really going on in Mali based on the news on CNN, are our troops doing dishes for the French/Malian military?

It beats my imagination while CNN and its pay master cannot acknowledge the effort of other nations in Mali, all you ever hear on CNN is French and Malian troops or did our government lied to us that they sent troops over to Mali?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by sexybash(f): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2013
J12:

you check your post again and reveal it
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Guguru102(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2013
What's wrong in using N7billion in helping mali a Country,when an individual stole N27billion and still get 2yrs jail term,a Country where everything goes.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by bloodless: 11:02am On Jan 30, 2013
J12:

Well to help you there buddy, why don;t you check the FG budget for 2013 and find out how much the FG budgeted for EDUCATION! Now after seeing that amount you will understand the folly in your statement
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by bigtt76(f): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Nice one Bros #GEJ. Meanwhile our power situation is still in dire need of solution, our Police Academy in shambles, people now trek to work because no Okada (Mass Transit Buses still not arrived), people jobbless (maybe when Mali become sane again we might go there looking for job) and many other issues $34Million would have resolved.

Anyway sha ...you too much after a prophet is not always welcomed at 'home' ...maybe you should try seek re-election 2015 from the Malians!
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by taharqa: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2013
Capnd143: Just when i thought some nigerian do think!!!

* "AGHAN-STYLE" which demands taking the war to their doorsteps; the same Modus operandi employed by the united states to tackle the 'aghan-taliban' menance and not the

*"GANGNAM-STLYE" which entails fighting the war at home alone; the same modus operandi previous employed by the south koreans during the "kangnam" korean secession insurrection.

7BN NAIRA IS NOT MUCH AS COMPARED TO WHAT WE WILL SPEND IF Nigeria turns into a state of anarchy like mali! Believe me some bigots will always critisize the FG on issues like this, but b4 each decision is taken by the FG there is complete analysis of a possible multiplier or ripple effect!

"Ceteris paribus, ell es't vètø vecièr deuf fallacio la un argumentum adhomenum le internationel"

and come oh, y is it dat NTA IS NOT GIVING US LIFE COVERAGE OF OUR MALIAN BASED Troops? Abi no network? Or the they fear death? The western media only covers french troops
The Only guy with a Brain here. The REAL COST of not doing anything..... You hv d time to explain, I commend you for dat. I hv decided myself to stop wasting my time explaining certain things to peeps who hv electd demselves to be IGNORANT ...
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
50calibre:

Girl I hope you didn't waste money going to university? But if you did, please go to your university and show them this comment you made here and you just might be entitled to a refund on your tuition fees.

You displayed a lack of common sense and proper understanding of the world as it is today by this your comment. Please stick to child bearing and domestic laundry/cooking.

Truly the product of Nigerian education system

The witches in your village must have used your grey matter to make cocaine. You are a stupìd morôn!
Thunder fire you. Idìot!
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
fkaz:

America never go to war without gaining, they get oil in return.

What are we going to benefit from mali?
I bet, if there is oil in mali america will get involve more than this. Or do you think france went to mali because of terrorist or to protect their investment?

America has spent over 1 trillion dollars on their war on terrorism. Now, even if they are getting oil in return, it will take over fifty years to fully recover what they have spent on the war.
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
Otono 77:

He is right, you are irredeemably stupid. Did he ask any question?

Alary:
The guy did not made a mistake by proclaiming you a product of a failed Nigerian education system.Where does he ask you or anybody a question ? Dude you just proved him right.

Reelsteel:

Real Product of the Nigerian Educational System.
Nobody asked you a question, he made a statement..
Secondly how can you compare a third world country where 75% of the citizens are poor to a world power?

Ïdiots with no brain
Re: Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan by tomakint: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
Capnd143: [b]Just when i thought some nigerian do think!!!

and come oh, y is it dat NTA IS NOT GIVING US LIFE COVERAGE OF OUR MALIAN BASED Troops? Abi no network? Or the they fear death? The western media only covers french troops [/b]
I cannot agree less with those sacrosanct points that were clearly stated above, as usual Nairaland is filled with 'young minds' too shallow to pick substance but would rather stubbornly stand on their warped views just for the fun of it undecided never willing to learn and may not learn! Good job!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa, Six Other States Fail Dmo’s Solvency Test: / Nigeria's Unity Not Negotiable Senate Insists (Video) / APGA Gets 2 National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.